How are gas prices where you live? - Page 8 - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Ground Control > General Squawk Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 01-22-2007, 12:37 AM   #106
Earning My Wings

vhmcclure3 is flying under the radar
Here, it's on average $1.30 per liter (or roughly $5.00 USD per gallon). In the past few months, I haven't seen the prices fluctuate a whole lot. Luckily, I don't own a car either.

Chip
vhmcclure3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-23-2007, 03:00 PM   #107
Operations Director

Captain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dog
Re: How are gas prices where you live?

All of a sudden they suck. $2.49 a gallon! What the hell, just when it got down to a reasonable price it jumps 50 cents a gallon. Something wrong there.

If you love something let it go, if it doesn't come back, track it down and kill it.
Captain Wahoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 09:44 PM   #108

PTEric is flying under the radar

Are you saying $2.00 a gallon is reasonable? Before all the crap hit the fan, we were paying about $1.38 a gallon. When I was in the Air Force During the first Gulf war, gas was high like it is now. After the war gas dropped to $.99 a gallon. How can we help out an oil rich country like Kuwait and take over another oil rich country like Iraq and still gas price hasn't changed? Well I guess when you have a President and Vice president who have their hands in the oil business (and whose buddies are oil men from his home state of Texas), the least thing they want is the price of oil to drop. Thanks W. How can Exxon/Mobil make record profits if they are paying more for oil? What are we buying more gas when the price is higher? Somewhere the profit margins have changed.
PTEric is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-24-2007, 01:55 AM   #109
Operations Director

MD11Freighter is a diecast iconMD11Freighter is a diecast iconMD11Freighter is a diecast iconMD11Freighter is a diecast iconMD11Freighter is a diecast iconMD11Freighter is a diecast iconMD11Freighter is a diecast iconMD11Freighter is a diecast iconMD11Freighter is a diecast iconMD11Freighter is a diecast iconMD11Freighter is a diecast icon

Gee I remember when I first started to drive 12 years ago gas was $.80 a gallon.
MD11Freighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 01:58 PM   #110
Tourist Guide

CO777 is an excellent contributorCO777 is an excellent contributorCO777 is an excellent contributorCO777 is an excellent contributorCO777 is an excellent contributorCO777 is an excellent contributorCO777 is an excellent contributorCO777 is an excellent contributorCO777 is an excellent contributorCO777 is an excellent contributorCO777 is an excellent contributor

Just made a fuel stop.
Payed 1,65 $ / Liter or 6,23 $ / Gallone

...and you´re talking about 2,50 $
CO777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 02:18 PM   #111
Operations Director

Captain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dog

BTW, I said reasonable price, not a good price. I like where it was before it went up. $1.59 which is still high. But $2 a gallon is more reasonable than $3.29 a gallon. It's all relative.

If you love something let it go, if it doesn't come back, track it down and kill it.
Old 02-24-2007, 08:32 PM   #112

Quote:
Just made a fuel stop.
Payed 1,65 $ / Liter or 6,23 $ / Gallone

...and you´re talking about 2,50 $
What is your yearly milage? The average commute in the US is about 20 miles each way, I'm pretty sure Europeans and Asians don't drive as much as Canadians and Americans, plus our mass transit rail systems suck compared to yours. I drive around 24,000 miles a year. Hey, I would be happy if gas was under $2.00 a gallon.
Old 02-24-2007, 11:58 PM   #113
ATP Captain

Eherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTEric View Post
What is your yearly milage? The average commute in the US is about 20 miles each way, I'm pretty sure Europeans and Asians don't drive as much as Canadians and Americans, plus our mass transit rail systems suck compared to yours. I drive around 24,000 miles a year. Hey, I would be happy if gas was under $2.00 a gallon.
Get a scooter, they get great mileage!
Old 02-25-2007, 01:22 AM   #114

I have a shop and sell scooters and atvs. www.Powersports-Plus.com
Old 02-25-2007, 11:45 PM   #115
ATP Captain

Eherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTEric View Post
I have a shop and sell scooters and atvs. www.Powersports-Plus.com
Cool, that brings back memories from my youth. I had several dirt bikes and ATCs - all Honda.
Old 02-27-2007, 11:36 AM   #116
Як-40 Капитан

LOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobby

I just fueled up my car yesterday, looks like gas is now at 2.29 here.
LOT 737-300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 05:40 PM   #117
ATP Captain

I know this sounds stupid, but I don't remember the last time I checked what the price of gas was. It's not a money issue, it's a necessity issue. I need gas, so I just go ahead and pump it without even giving a second thought to the price. What am I supposed to do? - not get gas and stay home. Also, the difference from gas station to gas station is so small that it's not worth driving around to save 2-3 cents a gallon, you'll end up spending the 25 cents you would have saved just by driving around and wasting fuel and time.
Old 02-28-2007, 07:16 PM   #118
Operations Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eherran View Post
I know this sounds stupid, but I don't remember the last time I checked what the price of gas was. It's not a money issue, it's a necessity issue. I need gas, so I just go ahead and pump it without even giving a second thought to the price. What am I supposed to do? - not get gas and stay home. Also, the difference from gas station to gas station is so small that it's not worth driving around to save 2-3 cents a gallon, you'll end up spending the 25 cents you would have saved just by driving around and wasting fuel and time.
That's what rich guys like you do!

Old 02-28-2007, 08:32 PM   #119
ATP Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Wahoo View Post
That's what rich guys like you do!
Somehow, I knew you would say that. Sadly, it's a reality of life. I'm on the road a lot and I simply have to drive to make a living, so whether the gas is $2.49 or $3.49, I still need to pay for it. On the other hand, I did downsize from a 2500 Dodge Power Wagon with a huge 8 cylinder engine to a Nissan Frontier with a 6 cylinder engine. I now get almot twice the miles per gallon I got before.
Old 02-28-2007, 08:38 PM   #120
Operations Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eherran View Post
Somehow, I knew you would say that. Sadly, it's a reality of life. I'm on the road a lot and I simply have to drive to make a living, so whether the gas is $2.49 or $3.49, I still need to pay for it. On the other hand, I did downsize from a 2500 Dodge Power Wagon with a huge 8 cylinder engine to a Nissan Frontier with a 6 cylinder engine. I now get almot twice the miles per gallon I got before.
You didn't know I was going to say that. Did you tell Waffle like Darren does in his little rigged userbar contests? That's the only proof we'll ever have.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: