How are gas prices where you live? - Page 4 - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Ground Control > General Squawk Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 04-30-2006, 04:14 PM   #46
Captain

WN737 is flying under the radar
I just got back from Orange County (Irvine) and the cheapest I saw was $3.31.
WN737 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-01-2006, 11:05 PM   #47
Senior Captain

luloudoodle is flying under the radar
Well just filled up the ol' Escalade today when it was on empty. $74.68, just barely cracked $3 a gallon too! At least it ain't Europe, I'm not complaining still though. Done with all the whining on the news. Fact is still plenty of oil around. No shortages, but people need to realize some of that cheaper oil is a thing of the past as now the Canadian Sands and Colorado shale are much more attractive. Colorado with its shale oil alone is more oil than the entire middle-east, problem is getting it. Not the cheapest more effective way to get your crude. With those hybrid fuels coming into the fuel and cars becoming more efficient prices should drop come fall barring any unforeseen problem with hurricanes, as more refineries come online, and rigs that can effectively run operations with $50+ barrel oil get built. Either way still won't complain, unless gas got above $4-5 a gallon.
Old 05-02-2006, 04:06 PM   #48
Як-40 Капитан

LOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobby
Just filled up my car. Regular was at $2.76 today. Looks like that they [gas prices] are starting to go down now.
LOT 737-300 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-02-2006, 11:26 PM   #49
Senior Captain

Lucky you, mine just went up to $3.14. Thank god I filled up 2 days ago at 3.02!

I'm sure Kardar heard of this thought, but what I just found out is CT has only a $.25 tax per gallon. A lot, but in my opinion here either force the SUV companies to make more gas friendly cars or tax the gas more to make the people do it, I won't complain, its good to get a discount and get gas cheaper, but I will take responsibility (unlike the rest of America) for my choice in a car and will gladly pay it, personally I think SUV's are needed at times in CT (With weeks where its 62 in January and then the next week there is 32 inches of snow down with a nice sheet or two of ice at the bottom making traction all the better), but elsewhere where there is no snow, they should be for the most part limited or highly discouraged. You can get a good 4x4 car thats not a big *** gas guzzler, so those people can still go 70MPH in the rain as they so wish, becuase of coarse its just water.
Old 05-06-2006, 03:59 PM   #50
Operations Director

Captain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dog
I heard last night on the George Noory radio show that the earth makes oil and we'll never run out. Supposedly they (I don't who "they" are) found something crazy like trillions of barrels of oil under Colorado. With that kind of oil and what we found in Anwar, we could tell the Arab and Middle East to stick it. How do you like us now!

If you love something let it go, if it doesn't come back, track it down and kill it.
Captain Wahoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 09:18 PM   #51
Captain

n747ua is flying under the radar
Well it is not that the earth is running out of oil. We are far from that, but its the fact that the wells in the middle east are to an extent, drying up. We can definitly bring oil prices down, but we would have to drill a lot more on our own soil and that can ruin many enviorments. I am not saying our dependency on Middle eastern oil is a good thing, it's not, but right now there are to many winers who don't want us to drill at all in the United States. But the liklyhood of humans running out of oil is out of the question. We will probably die from Global Warming in a couple hundred of years but the oil will still be flowing then.

Though oil has dropped down below $70.00 and is continuing to get lower. 66.17 a barrel. Funny how when the government starts to investigates big oil companies like Exxon how the oil prices suddenly...drop down.
n747ua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 10:50 PM   #52
Operations Director

Captain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dog
Don't get me started on global warming, I think that's a joke too. The whole solar system is warming up, we aren't doing it to our earth, studies show Mars and Pluto are warming too. The sun is getting wamer. The sun is going through a very active cycle of solar flares, I know, we see the northern lights alot up here. Yeah this guy was talking about how we will never run out of oil, that our earth actually produces oil from deep within the earth, not from "fossils".

If you love something let it go, if it doesn't come back, track it down and kill it.
Old 05-06-2006, 11:11 PM   #53
Captain

Trust me, I hate the subject of Global warming as well. The one person I can't stand...Al Gore. Shut him up!
Old 05-06-2006, 11:35 PM   #54
Operations Director

Amen brother! I agree. What a dope!!!

Old 05-07-2006, 12:19 AM   #55
Senior Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by n747ua
Well it is not that the earth is running out of oil. We are far from that, but its the fact that the wells in the middle east are to an extent, drying up. We can definitly bring oil prices down, but we would have to drill a lot more on our own soil and that can ruin many enviorments. I am not saying our dependency on Middle eastern oil is a good thing, it's not, but right now there are to many winers who don't want us to drill at all in the United States. But the liklyhood of humans running out of oil is out of the question. We will probably die from Global Warming in a couple hundred of years but the oil will still be flowing then.

Though oil has dropped down below $70.00 and is continuing to get lower. 66.17 a barrel. Funny how when the government starts to investigates big oil companies like Exxon how the oil prices suddenly...drop down.
Well actually those trillions of gallons of oil have always been in Colorado and Alberta, but for both they are in 2 tough stages of life. In Colorado its shale oil in rocks and boulders, problem is oil at $30 or less can't support large shale oil operations. Now with oil at $60 it should be easier. We've known about it for years, along with the Alberta sands. Enviromental penalties also play a part in making it easier now with Oil worth so much per barrel.
Old 05-07-2006, 01:07 PM   #56
Як-40 Капитан

LOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobby
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Wahoo
I heard last night on the George Noory radio show that the earth makes oil and we'll never run out. Supposedly they (I don't who "they" are) found something crazy like trillions of barrels of oil under Colorado. With that kind of oil and what we found in Anwar, we could tell the Arab and Middle East to stick it. How do you like us now!
Yes, I've heard that too, but I think this is only in theory. Even though the earth is making oil out of dead organic material, this process if I remember takes Millions of years, so if we run out, it might be a very long time till we get more of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Wahoo
Don't get me started on global warming, I think that's a joke too. The whole solar system is warming up, we aren't doing it to our earth, studies show Mars and Pluto are warming too. The sun is getting wamer. The sun is going through a very active cycle of solar flares, I know, we see the northern lights alot up here. Yeah this guy was talking about how we will never run out of oil, that our earth actually produces oil from deep within the earth, not from "fossils".
Can't agree with ya more there. I'm suprised to know that these environmentalists don't realize that we're still coming out of something called an Ice Age.
Old 05-07-2006, 10:07 PM   #57
Captain

Well the media doesn't help either. This whole thing of the Ice caps melting won't be much of a problem in the coming years anyway. Like the media says "The Avian Flu is coming, we are all going to DIE"
Old 05-07-2006, 10:17 PM   #58
Як-40 Капитан

I've noticed thats a huge problem with mostly the American and British (to a smaller extent) Media. The problem is that they want to get ratings, and they figured out one thing. The more people they put fear into, the higher their ratings will be. Before good ol' Al Gore bought out Newsworld international and turned it into Current TV, Newsworld used to show news from NHK (Japan), CCTV (China), Deutshe Welle (Germany), ITV (UK), and the CBC (Canada, they also owned NWI). When I had that channel, I saw that their news was just that, the news, they tried to get both sides of the story, and they reported the facts, and last off, none of them tried to launch their own little "investigations".
Old 09-04-2006, 10:20 PM   #59
Як-40 Капитан

Sorry for pulling this up, but I think this might help contribute to the thread.
I was at Sams Club last week, and looks like the price of gas is starting to fall. I think a week before I filled up, it was at $2.729 per gallon, now It looks like it is at $2.639 per gallon now. Don't know why the prices went down, weather it is the elections right around the corner, or if something happened to make the gas prices to go down, but it just seems rather odd to me that they fell so quick, does anyone else feel that is a bit unusual?
Old 09-04-2006, 10:30 PM   #60

TDOG4 is flying under the radar
Gas here is about 2.85-3.00 here in Salt Lake City its ridiculous.
TDOG4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: