How are gas prices where you live? - Page 21 - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Ground Control > General Squawk Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 06-24-2008, 02:56 AM   #301
Earning My Wings

freeeagle2211 is flying under the radar
Re: How are gas prices where you live?

in los angeles ,CA~~~~price about 4.60 and above for regular grade.

Last edited by freeeagle2211; 06-24-2008 at 03:01 AM.
freeeagle2211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-24-2008, 06:48 AM   #302
RJ First Officer

bounce8 is a good contributorbounce8 is a good contributorbounce8 is a good contributorbounce8 is a good contributorbounce8 is a good contributorbounce8 is a good contributorbounce8 is a good contributorbounce8 is a good contributorbounce8 is a good contributor

Manila, Philippines. Gas prices here are at PHP56 per liter for unleaded which is about $1.2. But I'm not so affected since I can't drive yet!
bounce8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 06:21 PM   #303
Як-40 Капитан

LOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobby

Well, filled up today at the Sam's Club. The price was $3.87 per gallon for 87 octane, the Hess across the street I guess is trying to match the discounted price that you typically find at Sam's Club. I'm pretty happy I'm driving the Mariner now, the thing seems to do like 30/32 MPG on the highway, but the computer is showing 26.2MPG because of the few red lights I do hit (so it screws up the average MPG). Keeping the tires well inflated seems to help me alot too.
LOT 737-300 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-26-2008, 06:57 PM   #304
ATP Captain

uncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobby

I too have heard about those protests and riots around the world. To add, things are not going to get any better, especially with that massive flood that hit the Midwest. I hear lots of corn harvests are destroyed, and some idiot out there thought it was a good idea to make fuel from corn, so now all prices are going to suffer even more in some way.[/quote from LOT 737]

Re: Food price rises due to the corn/ethanol/fuel connection: you have made a great point! And thinking ahead: people should be concerned at how high electricity is going to be if there is a large shift to electric automobiles. That's why, to me anyway, the highly-touted, upcoming Chevrolet Volt is not necessarily such a great thing. Keep up the pressure to do HYDROGEN!!!! using Honda's rooftop mounted, home-based Hydrogen generator. I definitely think we need to stop wasting fuel and other resources, but meanwhile this whole petroleum cycle/falsified energy crisis situation is getting more stupid every day.
uncle beat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 07:09 PM   #305
RJ First Officer

EuregioAndreas is a good contributorEuregioAndreas is a good contributorEuregioAndreas is a good contributorEuregioAndreas is a good contributorEuregioAndreas is a good contributorEuregioAndreas is a good contributorEuregioAndreas is a good contributorEuregioAndreas is a good contributorEuregioAndreas is a good contributorEuregioAndreas is a good contributor

Yesterday in West-Germany:

1,58 per liter

--> 1 = US$ 1,5750
---> 1,58 * 1,5750 = US$ 2,4885 per liter
----> 1 Gallon = 3,785411784 Liter
-----> US$ 9,42 per gallon
EuregioAndreas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 07:15 PM   #306
Як-40 Капитан

LOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncle beat View Post
I too have heard about those protests and riots around the world. To add, things are not going to get any better, especially with that massive flood that hit the Midwest. I hear lots of corn harvests are destroyed, and some idiot out there thought it was a good idea to make fuel from corn, so now all prices are going to suffer even more in some way.[/quote from LOT 737]

Re: Food price rises due to the corn/ethanol/fuel connection: you have made a great point! And thinking ahead: people should be concerned at how high electricity is going to be if there is a large shift to electric automobiles. That's why, to me anyway, the highly-touted, upcoming Chevrolet Volt is not necessarily such a great thing. Keep up the pressure to do HYDROGEN!!!! using Honda's rooftop mounted, home-based Hydrogen generator. I definitely think we need to stop wasting fuel and other resources, but meanwhile this whole petroleum cycle/falsified energy crisis situation is getting more stupid every day.
Both are great, but I have a solution which I like better, and might be more feasable as it involves a element that we can find anywhere, air . MDI had developed a car that runs off of Compressed air, the technology is still very much so in it's infancy, so it still needs some years of work to make it into something that many would like to have, but many of the bigger issues (like having a safe place to store the air and getting it to actually work) had been overcome already. I think if anyone has an air compressor at home, it can work out. It can also refil itself in 3 hours using the built in compressor (though a few mins with a more powerful one) or so I have read.

But noticeing how much attention each is getting on each side, I think the US, we might end up being hydrogen and electric cars dominating, where in the EU we'll see the compressed air and electric cars being dominat.

Last edited by LOT 737-300; 06-26-2008 at 07:22 PM. Reason: wanted to add one last thing
LOT 737-300 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: