How are gas prices where you live? - Page 10 - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Ground Control > General Squawk Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 03-02-2007, 08:26 PM   #136
ATP Captain

Eherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributor
Re: How are gas prices where you live?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOT 737-300 View Post
Looks like gas prices have finally jumped even higher down here. Was at the BP across from my school, and it appears that gas is now at $2.45. They better spend that to install those little round rubber thingys on the Nozzel. Those have been disappearing lately from stations all over here, and quite frankly, having about 1-2 dollars worth of gas literally fly out of the tank when it tops off is no fun.
Hey Lot, I happen to have a couple dozen of them rubber thingys just lying around. I'll let you have one for $19.99, we have operators standing by; but wait, that's not all, if you call now and tell them I sent you, we'll include a SECOND rubber thingy absolutely FREE - that's a $30.00 value! Still not convinced, if you are one of the first 10 callers, we'll even include one of those filthy rubber squeege thingys you can find in gas stations to smear your windshields.

Old 03-02-2007, 08:33 PM   #137
Як-40 Капитан

LOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobby

Hmm, dosn't suprise me. Crime of all type has been shooting up like crazy in this city apparently, still think that there should be a law mandating those rubber things though (if there isn't one already), you know, a safty issue.
LOT 737-300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 09:09 PM   #138
Як-40 Капитан

LOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eherran View Post
Hey Lot, I happen to have a couple dozen of them rubber thingys just lying around. I'll let you have one for $19.99, we have operators standing by; but wait, that's not all, if you call now and tell them I sent you, we'll include a SECOND rubber thingy absolutely FREE - that's a $30.00 value! Still not convinced, if you are one of the first 10 callers, we'll even include one of those filthy rubber squeege thingys you can find in gas stations to smear your windshields.
OOOO, must pick up phone, but if I do then I can't stay with friends on Wings900. OOOOOO decisions decisions. Dialup is so evil.

Old 03-02-2007, 09:46 PM   #139
Operations Director

Captain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eherran View Post
Wow that's cool! What's the number? I gotta call right away!!!

If you love something let it go, if it doesn't come back, track it down and kill it.
Captain Wahoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 10:25 PM   #140
ATP Captain

Eherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Wahoo View Post
Wow that's cool! What's the number? I gotta call right away!!!
1-800-SUC-KERS Please call now, we are running out!
Old 03-12-2007, 12:24 AM   #141
Operations Director

MD11Freighter is a diecast iconMD11Freighter is a diecast iconMD11Freighter is a diecast iconMD11Freighter is a diecast iconMD11Freighter is a diecast iconMD11Freighter is a diecast iconMD11Freighter is a diecast iconMD11Freighter is a diecast iconMD11Freighter is a diecast iconMD11Freighter is a diecast iconMD11Freighter is a diecast icon

So what is with the spike in gas the last couple of weeks?
MD11Freighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 12:47 AM   #142
Operations Director

Captain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by MD11Freighter View Post
So what is with the spike in gas the last couple of weeks?
Good question. Didn't we just have something like thousands of flight cancellations too because of the blizzards and bad winter weather? That should have saved THOUSANDS of gallons of fuel.

I like when they say that civil unrest or the possibility of war in Iran or wherever makes the price of oil go up. What a bunch of crap. I thought the initial spike in oil prices was because of Katrina and the unavailability of refineries in the south. That was 2 years ago now.

Whenever the oil companies sneeze or have a hangnail they have to raise the price of oil. They find any excuse.

If you love something let it go, if it doesn't come back, track it down and kill it.
Old 03-12-2007, 12:36 PM   #143

Joe Pizzo is flying under the radar

Believe it or not, I heard last week that fog, yes fog, was a dtermining factor in the recent surge in gas prices. Apparently there was heavy fog somewhere (can't remember where) and the tankers were lined up for days and couldn't get into the refineries to offload their shipments of oil. Now, there are some refineries down for mantainence but the demand is still there so the price of gas just HAS TO GO UP. Getting close to $2.60 a gallon here in Philly. Oil companies and insurance companies - I hate them both. Where's the middle finger icon!
Joe Pizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 06:30 PM   #144
RJ Captain

aviatorboy is flying under the radaraviatorboy is flying under the radaraviatorboy is flying under the radar

Out here in Chandler the price is $2.59 for the cheap stuff and $2.89 for Premium.
Old 03-13-2007, 12:22 AM   #145
RJ Captain

wingser is a good contributorwingser is a good contributorwingser is a good contributorwingser is a good contributorwingser is a good contributorwingser is a good contributorwingser is a good contributorwingser is a good contributorwingser is a good contributor

It's gone up to $3.53 per gallon for Premium Unlead here from Shell in San Francisco.
wingser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 12:50 AM   #146
Senior Captain

Juneau_Flyer_18 is a top dogJuneau_Flyer_18 is a top dogJuneau_Flyer_18 is a top dogJuneau_Flyer_18 is a top dogJuneau_Flyer_18 is a top dogJuneau_Flyer_18 is a top dogJuneau_Flyer_18 is a top dogJuneau_Flyer_18 is a top dogJuneau_Flyer_18 is a top dogJuneau_Flyer_18 is a top dogJuneau_Flyer_18 is a top dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingser View Post
It's gone up to $3.53 per gallon for Premium Unlead here from Shell in San Francisco.
Wow, that sucks...

I payed 2.61 per gallon a few days ago.
Old 03-13-2007, 02:05 PM   #147
Operations Director

I think we should all do a nationwide "Gas out" and not buy any gas, like on a Saturday. Just stay home with the family, no boating, travelling, spending money on Middle Eastern or Hugo gas. I don't buy from Citgo anymore. I don't even buy a newspaper there.

I heard over the road truck drivers were going to park their big rigs on the highway and stop interstate commerce for a day as a protest. As it turned out, everyone chickened out. Bunch of wuss a.sses

I also heard last night on the radio that gas prices are going back up to $3.00/gal this summer.

Old 03-13-2007, 02:38 PM   #148
Як-40 Капитан

As for truckers, I think something similar happened in the UK years ago. They got really pissed about something (I think it was the taxes that are put on the gas), so many of them went to gas stations along the roads and blocked the entrances.

Funny thing about gas outs. I remember my High School Economics teacher saying that it wouldn't work in this country. Basically, what it would do is shut down gas stations and give the gas companies a reason to charge higher prices for gas, which would mean higher prices for the products we buy (like food, clothing, etc.)
Old 03-13-2007, 07:14 PM   #149
ATP Captain

The scary thing with these higher prices is that it's not even close to summer yet and that's when gas prices go way up because it's the traditional "driving season".
Old 03-13-2007, 08:46 PM   #150
Operations Director

I'm thinking about selling my boat. I didn't take it out last summer cause I couldn't afford the gas, and if they are talking $3 again, I still won't be able to afford it. This sucks, because it is an awesome boat.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: