Beer Poll - Page 3 - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Ground Control > General Squawk Talk

View Poll Results: BEER PREFERENCE
Bud 4 0.00%
Bud Lite 2 0.00%
Coors Lite 1 0.00%
Rolling Rock 2 0.00%
Miller Lite 4 0.00%
Corona 9 0.00%
Guinness 9 0.00%
Amstel lite 1 0.00%
Heineken 8 0.00%
Sam Adams 2,147,483,648 100.00%
Michelob 1 0.00%
Other 35 0.00%
Kirin Inchiban 0 0%
Voters: 2147483724. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 12-22-2005, 05:22 PM   #31
Operations Director

Captain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dog
Quote:
Originally Posted by lollomz
I think that there are a lot of good beers: different beers for different moments.
But I can surely say that the best moment to drink some of the greatest beers in the world is the OKTOBERFEST in Munchen, Germany.
For those who like beer is a kind of Mecca, I'm proud to say I'll always have my special weekend in the future as it's been in the past. The right person in the right place at the right time: OKTOBERFEST FOREVER!!!

Lollo

P.S. Picture of the Oktoberfest 2004!
Is that you? You look like you're having the time of your life!!

If you love something let it go, if it doesn't come back, track it down and kill it.
Captain Wahoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-23-2005, 07:19 AM   #32

Daniel 88 is flying under the radar
I'm 18 years old and I'm certianly not a man who drinks beer..
I can't swallow beer..the taste is just bad..
Maybe I'll get use to it in the future
Daniel 88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 05:34 PM   #33
Captain

L-1011-Heavy is a good contributorL-1011-Heavy is a good contributorL-1011-Heavy is a good contributorL-1011-Heavy is a good contributorL-1011-Heavy is a good contributorL-1011-Heavy is a good contributorL-1011-Heavy is a good contributorL-1011-Heavy is a good contributorL-1011-Heavy is a good contributor
Re: Beer Poll

My Faves Are A Toss Up Between Beck's Grolsh & Steinlager From New Zealand.
These Don't Hurt The Taste Buds, Either:
Dab
Holsten
Hoffbrau
Lowenbrau
Hieneken
Warsteiner
Pilsner
Corona
Tsing Tao
Asahi
Saporro

The Heavy Set

Landor Luvr BA, CND>N, UA, RYL JDN
Money Always Comes And Goes, But The Fun Never Stops!
Trijets 4 Ever!
L-1011-Heavy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-01-2007, 06:18 PM   #34
Operations Director

waffle is a legend of the hobbywaffle is a legend of the hobbywaffle is a legend of the hobbywaffle is a legend of the hobbywaffle is a legend of the hobbywaffle is a legend of the hobbywaffle is a legend of the hobbywaffle is a legend of the hobbywaffle is a legend of the hobbywaffle is a legend of the hobbywaffle is a legend of the hobby

My current favorite is Kirin Ichiban, though I'm still going down the list testing out all sorts of new things.

waffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 09:30 PM   #35
Earning My Wings

N60YX is flying under the radar

I am Irish, thus Guinness.

Except I also have German in me, so 2007 is Oktoberfest time for me. Gonna hit the beer tents in Munich.

~ CHristopher
N60YX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 09:53 PM   #36
Operations Director

flyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dog

Man there are some good posts in this thread.
I'm like many, who like a lot of different beers at different times. I love checking out local beers when I'm abroad. Sometimes my tastes just move on. Hate to say it, but you guys in the USA suffer a lot for your patriotism. By and large, I'm with the European boys on American beers (although there are exceptions). You need to experiment some more!
*In summer I like Corona's with a twist of lime 'coz they are so refreshing and they slide down.
*My favoritte local beer is Boags from Launceston in Tasmania - what a clean taste (the water there is pristine)
*Steinlager deserved winning worlds best beer on several occasions
*Always Guiness in Ireland (it really DOES taste better there) but they have other good beers too
*Waffle is elevated to supercool for mentioning Ichiban
*LOVE beers from Bavaria and Belgium - gotta try the trappist monks beer some time. There is a great Rotbier made just south of Munich by monks which I can't remember the name of which is excellent & I really envy those of you going to Oktoberfest!

Gotta stop or I'll have mentioned more than Rick!

flyingdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 10:42 PM   #37
Southwest Airlines

kardar757 is a diecast iconkardar757 is a diecast iconkardar757 is a diecast iconkardar757 is a diecast iconkardar757 is a diecast iconkardar757 is a diecast iconkardar757 is a diecast iconkardar757 is a diecast iconkardar757 is a diecast iconkardar757 is a diecast iconkardar757 is a diecast icon

I'm totally with you Doc on the Guinness (ever had a car bomb?)...Yummy

And in the summer i do love Corona, especially while i'm entertaining the ladies (aka stripper's) on my boat

Here are kaptain kardar's top 5...

Guinness
Killian's Irish Red
Bass
Corona
Berkshire Brewing Company (BBC) Steel Rail

and Bud Light when i can't get too drunk

Chesapeake International Airport (KCPK)
kardar757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 10:52 PM   #38
Operations Director

flyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by kardar757 View Post

And in the summer i do love Corona, especially while i'm entertaining the ladies (aka stripper's) on my boat

Guinness
Killian's Irish Red
Bass
Corona

I like your top 4 and I'm gonna have to try the BBC - don't know that one.
Are there laws prohibiting sending a small bottle of beer to the USA? Gotta get you something better than bud light for the heavy nights.

Old 02-01-2007, 11:10 PM   #39
Southwest Airlines

kardar757 is a diecast iconkardar757 is a diecast iconkardar757 is a diecast iconkardar757 is a diecast iconkardar757 is a diecast iconkardar757 is a diecast iconkardar757 is a diecast iconkardar757 is a diecast iconkardar757 is a diecast iconkardar757 is a diecast iconkardar757 is a diecast icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingdoc View Post
I like your top 4 and I'm gonna have to try the BBC - don't know that one.
Are there laws prohibiting sending a small bottle of beer to the USA? Gotta get you something better than bud light for the heavy nights.
I only drink Bud Light on the nights i don't wanna get hammered BBC is brewed right here in New England and i think they only stock local liquor stores. We have it on tap at my club I will send ya a 6 pack if the post office allows it. PM me your address

Old 02-01-2007, 11:27 PM   #40
Captain

L-1011-Heavy is a good contributorL-1011-Heavy is a good contributorL-1011-Heavy is a good contributorL-1011-Heavy is a good contributorL-1011-Heavy is a good contributorL-1011-Heavy is a good contributorL-1011-Heavy is a good contributorL-1011-Heavy is a good contributorL-1011-Heavy is a good contributor

Quote:
*LOVE beers from Bavaria and Belgium - gotta try the trappist monks beer some time. There is a great Rotbier made just south of Munich by monks which I can't remember the name of which is excellent & I really envy those of you going to Oktoberfest!

Gotta stop or I'll have mentioned more than Rick!

You Oghta Try Some Weizen Bier. Some Are GREAT Others Have A Nasty Taste.

The Heavy Set

Landor Luvr BA, CND>N, UA, RYL JDN
Money Always Comes And Goes, But The Fun Never Stops!
Trijets 4 Ever!
L-1011-Heavy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 06:29 AM   #41
Admin

furryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by kardar757 View Post

Guinness
Killian's Irish Red
Bass
Corona

Do you get Bass in America?? Outside of home i find its a hard pint to get hold off.

One fav is way too hard:-
-Guinness
-Caffreys (brewed in my County. Strange thing is you can't get on tap here but if you go to England or Australia you can!! It could only happen to an Irish beer!)
-Kilkenny
-Swithwicks
-My all time fav lager is Crown! Found a bar in Cardiff that sold the stuff-between my mate and i we cleaned the place out-what a weekend!
Old 02-02-2007, 06:40 AM   #42
Operations Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by furryforest View Post
Do you get Bass in America?? Outside of home i find its a hard pint to get hold off.

-Guinness
-Caffreys (brewed in my County. Strange thing is you can't get on tap here but if you go to England or Australia you can!! It could only happen to an Irish beer!)
-Kilkenny
-Swithwicks
-My all time fav lager is Crown! Found a bar in Cardiff that sold the stuff-between my mate and i we cleaned the place out-what a weekend!
Crownies are what we drink watching the cricket at the MCG. They cost too much though. Did you see that an Irishman, Ed Joyce, made a century for the Poms at the SCG today?
They had their first win for the summer - Crownies all round!

Old 02-02-2007, 07:30 AM   #43
Operations Director

I hear that in honor of Wahoo's 43rd Big Weekend Extravaganza they are planning a game of football in Eherran's backyard and that the US Beer Companies are marking the occasion with some new ads.
How about posting some of your favorite beer ads?

Here are some from Down Under.

http://www.dumpalink.com/videos/Hila...ight-e6cf.html (an oldie but still my favorite)

http://www.urbantelegraph.com.au/beer-ad-two-man-tent/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yGJVnOwxz0

http://www3.youtube.com/watch?v=gPSN...elated&search=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tPQIpNb41A

http://www.spikedhumor.com/articles/...TV_Advert.html (and the sequel!)

Old 02-02-2007, 08:48 AM   #44
Admin

furryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Crownies are what we drink watching the cricket at the MCG. They cost too much though. Did you see that an Irishman, Ed Joyce, made a century for the Poms at the SCG today?
They had their first win for the summer - Crownies all round!
Anytime i go to Australia-first thing i get is a few Crownies-love them. Very close runner up is Carlton Cold.

Yeah i saw that-finally a bit of luck down under!

POMS-Prisoner of Mothern England....doesn't that make you guys the POM's!!
Old 02-02-2007, 09:18 AM   #45
Southwest Airlines

Quote:
Originally Posted by furryforest View Post

-Guinness
-Kilkenny
-Swithwicks
Yes, i can get Bass in any liquor store I walk into here in the US, and most bars have it on tap. Bass is what we use here to make a black & tan also. We fill a glass half full of Bass, then put Guinness over the top using a spoon...They are awesome

Hey, my x wife has a furryforest

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: