Beer Poll - Page 9 - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Ground Control > General Squawk Talk

View Poll Results: BEER PREFERENCE
Bud 4 0.00%
Bud Lite 2 0.00%
Coors Lite 1 0.00%
Rolling Rock 2 0.00%
Miller Lite 4 0.00%
Corona 9 0.00%
Guinness 9 0.00%
Amstel lite 1 0.00%
Heineken 8 0.00%
Sam Adams 2,147,483,648 100.00%
Michelob 1 0.00%
Other 35 0.00%
Kirin Inchiban 0 0%
Voters: 2147483724. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 02-05-2007, 03:12 PM   #121
ATP Captain

Eherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributor
Re: Beer Poll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rammstein View Post
Jokingly?....................Oh yeah, I "love" the beatles

I also hate Beer. It tastes disgusting, I and I hate the way it only takes 3 pints a night to make my dad aggresive. It's like a drug. He won't see the fact that if he actually stopped or stopped drinking more than he's allowed then maybe he might be less aggresive and alot easier to talk too. And to think all he used to drink was 8 pints of Stella a night.
Well Paul, join the club. I experienced first hand the ravages of alcohol when a very close uncle died of cirrhosis of the liver back in the late 70's after years of heavy drinking. My two first cousins (his daughters) became sort my sisters as my father ended up being their surrogate father. I'm sure this contibuted some to me not drinking, but that's just part of it. As L1011 and the Doc pointed out, there is such a thing as drinking responsibly and for the most part, all of my friends do. However, there are a couple that have started going down the slippery slope, but won't bring themselves to admit it. As I told your dad in an e-mail a while back, your maturity far exceeds your age - something the good old Doc agrees with.

Old 02-05-2007, 03:26 PM   #122
Captain RammsteinSCFCWDW

Rammstein is appreciatedRammstein is appreciatedRammstein is appreciatedRammstein is appreciatedRammstein is appreciatedRammstein is appreciatedRammstein is appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingdoc View Post
I think you show a great maturity to the whole issue of alcohol - no doubt born in part by the very sad experience of your father. I feel for you. When I was your age and just starting at uni, I was really scared about drinking as there was a significant family history of alcoholism on both sides of my family, although fortunately not in any first-degree relatives. Because alcoholism truly is a disease, I didn't know whether it would be a problem. Caution was a very big part of my young adulthood.

Beer is definitely an acquired taste. I didn't much fancy it at age 18 (that's the legal age here) but if you're an Aussie male and want to have any social life at all you get used to it. The thing about beer is (why else would this thread exist?), and much like wine, there is such enormous divergence in the taste and textures that eventually most people can find something that suits them or an interest in the many variations around.

In truth, alcohol probably spawns more social problems than any other drug. Whilst we have a light-hearted approach to the topic here, I applaud your good sense. The world would be a better place if more young men had your mature and responsible attitude.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eherran View Post
Well Paul, join the club. I experienced first hand the ravages of alcohol when a very close uncle died of cirrhosis of the liver back in the late 70's after years of heavy drinking. My two first cousins (his daughters) became sort my sisters as my father ended up being their surrogate father. I'm sure this contibuted some to me not drinking, but that's just part of it. As L1011 and the Doc pointed out, there is such a thing as drinking responsibly and for the most part, all of my friends do. However, there are a couple that have started going down the slippery slope, but won't bring themselves to admit it. As I told your dad in an e-mail a while back, your maturity far exceeds your age - something the good old Doc agrees with.
Thanks guys. There's nothing better than talking about it to adults who are maybe older, maybe the same age, or younger than my dad, who completely understand.

Rammstein:The Wings900.com, Walt Disney World Fan/Nut
Rammstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 03:31 PM   #123
Operations Director

Captain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dog

Well, my dad's father was a raging alcoholic and my dad has the scars to prove it. My dad never drank. He didn't want to be like his father. My dad had champagne on New Year's and a drink or two at weddings, but I never seen him drunk.

So if you don't drink because of alcoholic events that have taken place. We all understand. Good for you little man!

If you love something let it go, if it doesn't come back, track it down and kill it.
Captain Wahoo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-05-2007, 04:36 PM   #124
RJ Second Officer

fladder is flying under the radar

I go for Grolsch or Brand
fladder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 04:40 PM   #125
Captain RammsteinSCFCWDW

Rammstein is appreciatedRammstein is appreciatedRammstein is appreciatedRammstein is appreciatedRammstein is appreciatedRammstein is appreciatedRammstein is appreciated

Just to draw to everyones attention, who's been messing with the poll?

http://www.wings900.com/vb/general-s...reference.html

Old 02-05-2007, 04:44 PM   #126
Operations Director

waffle is a legend of the hobbywaffle is a legend of the hobbywaffle is a legend of the hobbywaffle is a legend of the hobbywaffle is a legend of the hobbywaffle is a legend of the hobbywaffle is a legend of the hobbywaffle is a legend of the hobbywaffle is a legend of the hobbywaffle is a legend of the hobbywaffle is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rammstein View Post
Just to draw to everyones attention, who's been messing with the poll?

http://www.wings900.com/vb/general-s...reference.html
Nobody's messed with it. We can't help if 2,147,483,648 people like Kirin Ichiban. Sheesh, no faith around these parts these days.

waffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 04:47 PM   #127
Captain RammsteinSCFCWDW

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffle View Post
Nobody's messed with it. We can't help if 2,147,483,648 people like Kirin Ichiban. Sheesh, no faith around these parts these days.
It's weird how there's only 2 for a few others and one for some. If no one has messed with it though then that's ok with me. Just thought it looked odd, tahts all.

Old 02-05-2007, 05:19 PM   #128
Captain

L-1011-Heavy is a good contributorL-1011-Heavy is a good contributorL-1011-Heavy is a good contributorL-1011-Heavy is a good contributorL-1011-Heavy is a good contributorL-1011-Heavy is a good contributorL-1011-Heavy is a good contributorL-1011-Heavy is a good contributorL-1011-Heavy is a good contributor

Quote:

I See. Some MARGINAL Cheating? Found Some Statistics Somewhere & Decided All 2,147,483,648 Instantly Became Members & Voted All At Once?
I Have Fath In That!

The Heavy Set

Landor Luvr BA, CND>N, UA, RYL JDN
Money Always Comes And Goes, But The Fun Never Stops!
Trijets 4 Ever!
L-1011-Heavy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 05:45 PM   #129
Operations Director

waffle is a legend of the hobbywaffle is a legend of the hobbywaffle is a legend of the hobbywaffle is a legend of the hobbywaffle is a legend of the hobbywaffle is a legend of the hobbywaffle is a legend of the hobbywaffle is a legend of the hobbywaffle is a legend of the hobbywaffle is a legend of the hobbywaffle is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by L-1011-Heavy View Post
I See. Some MARGINAL Cheating? Found Some Statistics Somewhere & Decided All 2,147,483,648 Instantly Became Members & Voted All At Once?
I Have Fath In That!
You should've seen the hits on the site... it almost crashed the server when they all came running over!

waffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 06:33 PM   #130
First Officer

aligator is a good contributoraligator is a good contributoraligator is a good contributoraligator is a good contributoraligator is a good contributoraligator is a good contributoraligator is a good contributoraligator is a good contributoraligator is a good contributoraligator is a good contributoraligator is a good contributor

Feldschlösschen ,Switzerland of course

Feldschlösschen

Feldschlösschen

Feldschlösschen

Feldschlösschen

Feldschlösschen

and for those who prefers it darker

Feldschlösschen

Feldschlösschen
aligator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 06:43 PM   #131
Captain

L-1011-Heavy is a good contributorL-1011-Heavy is a good contributorL-1011-Heavy is a good contributorL-1011-Heavy is a good contributorL-1011-Heavy is a good contributorL-1011-Heavy is a good contributorL-1011-Heavy is a good contributorL-1011-Heavy is a good contributorL-1011-Heavy is a good contributor

Probably An Excellent Line. I'd Like To Try Them All Especially The Ice. European Flavour. Different Than The ICE We Get Here & Only 5.8 %. The Higher Alcohol Like 7% Doesn't Taste As Good.
I'd Like To Try The Dunklen Bier Auch. A Good Contender Against Guinnes.

The Heavy Set

Landor Luvr BA, CND>N, UA, RYL JDN
Money Always Comes And Goes, But The Fun Never Stops!
Trijets 4 Ever!
L-1011-Heavy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 12:19 AM   #132
ATP Captain

Eherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributor

Quote:
You should've seen the hits on the site... it almost crashed the server when they all came running over!
Sorry to burst your bubble Waffle, but i just finished the re-count and your numbers are off. There were a few hanging chads and some technical difficulties with some of the new voting machines, but after sorting all out it comes out to ONLY: 2,147,483,639

One interesting fact is that a huge amount of votes came from Florida, which only has about 18,000,000 residents. If it was any other state, I would say it could be voter fraud, but this is Florida - it could never happen here.
Old 02-06-2007, 12:34 AM   #133
Air Wisconsin

a_loser is a top doga_loser is a top doga_loser is a top doga_loser is a top doga_loser is a top doga_loser is a top doga_loser is a top doga_loser is a top doga_loser is a top doga_loser is a top doga_loser is a top dog

18 million users registering 2 billion votes... Somehow I, too, almost feel compelled to believe that
a_loser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 12:39 AM   #134
Operations Director

Captain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eherran View Post
Sorry to burst your bubble Waffle, but i just finished the re-count and your numbers are off. There were a few hanging chads and some technical difficulties with some of the new voting machines, but after sorting all out it comes out to ONLY: 2,147,483,639

One interesting fact is that a huge amount of votes came from Florida, which only has about 18,000,000 residents. If it was any other state, I would say it could be voter fraud, but this is Florida - it could never happen here.
Did you see any dangling or bulging chads?

If you love something let it go, if it doesn't come back, track it down and kill it.
Captain Wahoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 12:54 AM   #135
ATP Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_loser View Post
18 million users registering 2 billion votes... Somehow I, too, almost feel compelled to believe that
Math is not my forte, I was just hired by Waffle to count the votes. I wonder why he told me not to reveal who hired me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Wahoo View Post
Did you see any dangling or bulging chads?
This is a serious conversation with intellectuals like Kevin. Kindly direct yourself to some of the other more mundane threads, like anything with the name Wahoo in it.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: