Beer Poll - Page 8 - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Ground Control > General Squawk Talk

View Poll Results: BEER PREFERENCE
Bud 4 0.00%
Bud Lite 2 0.00%
Coors Lite 1 0.00%
Rolling Rock 2 0.00%
Miller Lite 4 0.00%
Corona 9 0.00%
Guinness 9 0.00%
Amstel lite 1 0.00%
Heineken 8 0.00%
Sam Adams 2,147,483,648 100.00%
Michelob 1 0.00%
Other 35 0.00%
Kirin Inchiban 0 0%
Voters: 2147483724. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 02-05-2007, 12:39 AM   #106
Captain

L-1011-Heavy is a good contributorL-1011-Heavy is a good contributorL-1011-Heavy is a good contributorL-1011-Heavy is a good contributorL-1011-Heavy is a good contributorL-1011-Heavy is a good contributorL-1011-Heavy is a good contributorL-1011-Heavy is a good contributorL-1011-Heavy is a good contributor
Re: Beer Poll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Wahoo View Post
You know it's kinda weird, I don't mind cavity searches because I have been flossing and brushing regularly.

As far as pizza goes, you need to go to Chicago for that. That way you'll have the best.
I'll Have To Try It. Basically I've Tried Pizza From Across Canada, Boston, New Bedford, Newport & Some Other East Cost NE Cities/Towns, Miami, The Caribbean & Goose Bay. I Gotta Tell Ya. IMO The Pizza At El Greco's In Goose Bay Gotta Be The World's BEST! & The Guy Is Not Even Italian. He's None Other Than Greek!

We Get Chicago Gyros Here & I Can't Stand It. I Hate The Garlic Sauce. It's Too BITTER!
In Halifax There Is A Delectible Delight Called The Donair. Identical To The Gyros But a THOUSAND Times BETTER! There Sause Is Sweet With a Little Garlic. Very Delicuos! It's Become The Hamburger Equal There In Terms Of Popularity & Is Far More Popular Than Pixzza. Matter Of Fact, There Are More Donair Joints There Than Burger Joints, But Half the Donair Joints Serve Pizza Too, But The Donair Joints' Pizza Sucks.

Anyway Never One To Turn Down An Opportunity To Try New Pizza I'm Game.
Chicago Is On My Hitlist Anyway. Gotta See The German U Boat & The United 727.
What Else Is In Chicago? (Not Wrigley Field Please)

The Heavy Set

Landor Luvr BA, CND>N, UA, RYL JDN
Money Always Comes And Goes, But The Fun Never Stops!
Trijets 4 Ever!
L-1011-Heavy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-05-2007, 02:07 AM   #107
Operations Director

flyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by L-1011-Heavy View Post
Well i Can't Help But Wonder If You're Setting Up Anyone Who Answers This But...Here Goes:

Pizza: An Italian Word For Pie.

A Flat Round Chewy Bread Dough, Layer Of Tomato Sauce A Medley Of Italian Herbs, Toppings Such As Pepperoni, (MAN You GOTTA Be Lying To Me!) & Mozzarella Cheese. Other Toppings Optional, Onions, Green Pepper, Sausuage, Ham, Pinaepple, Mushrooms, Achovies, Broccoli, Bacon Bits & On & On.
True Italian Pizza Cosists Of Plain Tomato Sauce, Fresh Basil & Cheese.

Pizza Dates Back Millennia Throughout The Mediterranian & Has Evolved From Sophisticated & Elegant Recepies To Common Everyday Lunch Food.
And that's why you ARE the Prof!!!

flyingdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 02:15 AM   #108
Operations Director

flyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dog

Quote:
You know it's kinda weird, I don't mind cavity searches because I have been flossing and brushing regularly.

As far as pizza goes, you need to go to Chicago for that. That way you'll have the best.
Well, it's a helluva long time since I've lived in Chicago (you didn't know that, did you?) but I ain't ever had pizza in the US that come close to what we've got here in Melbourne (huge expat Italian community post-WWII).

No prizes for guessing who I'm supporting in the Superbowl but I expect it's already over (the game always played Monday our time and I'm always at work) - I do miss those buffalo wings tho...

Oh, and Cap - I can only imagine you are making a witty quip for the likes of me about your "dentate line"!! If you weren't you'll need a medical dictionary to look it up or a proctoscope if you want to look up at your own....

Old 02-05-2007, 03:01 AM   #109
Operations Director

Captain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dog

I was thinking more on the lines of boroscope.

Of all the pizzas I have had in all the places I have been, I still say Chicago is tops.

What to see in Chicago? Midway Airport, O'Hare Airport. Midway has great places to take pictures. Actually anywhere, 63rd street, 55th street, Central Avenue (That's where I lived), and Cicero Avenue. You can eat sliders on the corner of 63rd and Cicero and watch planes T/O and land. Oh and there's a Giordanos Pizza right there too! Mmmm...

Wrigley Field is an awesome place to see a baseball game, you have to sit in the bleachers though.

Downtown...Sears Tower, John Hancock Center (I think it's a better observation deck), Grant Park (especially summer time when the band shell is open and the Chicago Symphony plays), Shed Aquarium, Planetarium and Field Museum of Natural History are all within walking distance of each other with spectular views of the city. There is the Museum of Science and Industry around 55th and Lake Shore Drive. At night there is the ferris wheel at Navy Pier. Grant Park has fountains that are lit up and that's where the famous fountain of Chicago is. There is State Street if you want to shop and spend alot of money, Michigan Ave. same thing. There is so much to see and list I can devote a whole thread to that subject. I lived there 36 years.

If you love something let it go, if it doesn't come back, track it down and kill it.
Captain Wahoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 03:32 AM   #110
Operations Director

Quote:
I was thinking more on the lines of boroscope.

Of all the pizzas I have had in all the places I have been, I still say Chicago is tops.

What to see in Chicago? Midway Airport, O'Hare Airport. Midway has great places to take pictures. Actually anywhere, 63rd street, 55th street, Central Avenue (That's where I lived), and Cicero Avenue. You can eat sliders on the corner of 63rd and Cicero and watch planes T/O and land. Oh and there's a Giordanos Pizza right there too! Mmmm...

Wrigley Field is an awesome place to see a baseball game, you have to sit in the bleachers though.

Downtown...Sears Tower, John Hancock Center (I think it's a better observation deck), Grant Park (especially summer time when the band shell is open and the Chicago Symphony plays), Shed Aquarium, Planetarium and Field Museum of Natural History are all within walking distance of each other with spectular views of the city. There is the Museum of Science and Industry around 55th and Lake Shore Drive. At night there is the ferris wheel at Navy Pier. Grant Park has fountains that are lit up and that's where the famous fountain of Chicago is. There is State Street if you want to shop and spend alot of money, Michigan Ave. same thing. There is so much to see and list I can devote a whole thread to that subject. I lived there 36 years.
Sounds like a visit is long overdue. On my "to do" list!

Old 02-05-2007, 09:57 AM   #111
ATP Captain

Eherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributor

Thanks to the prof's explanation, I remembered that I've probably eaten 17,439 pizzas in my life. In Miami, we don't have a lot of truly awesome pizza places, but we do have "Big Cheese" down in South Miami which is considered by locals to be the best. By and large, in my opinion the best pizza joints in Miami are smaller, "mom and pop" operations, like Frankie's in West Miami (opened for well over 50 years) or any number of no-name restaurants that are found in just about every strip mall.

BTW: Is there any place Wahoo and the Doc haven't lived in? This begs the question - do they move so much because they are run out of town??
Old 02-05-2007, 10:12 AM   #112
Southwest Airlines

kardar757 is a diecast iconkardar757 is a diecast iconkardar757 is a diecast iconkardar757 is a diecast iconkardar757 is a diecast iconkardar757 is a diecast iconkardar757 is a diecast iconkardar757 is a diecast iconkardar757 is a diecast iconkardar757 is a diecast iconkardar757 is a diecast icon

Well boys...now that we are on a yummy topic...

Connecticut has a lot of awesome pizza restaurants. Frankies Firehouse (named because it burnt down like 5 times) right here in Enfield is considered the best in this area. And i'm sure you guys have heard of Mystic Pizza. Not only did they make a movie about Mystic Pizza (starring Julia Roberts) but they now have their only frozen food line. You can get frozen Mystic Pizza in any grocery store here in New England...

New York has some great pizza too...and NYC is only a 1 1/2 hour drive for me. New York style pizza has ultra thin crust and mouth watering mozzarella cheese...

btw Cap...we do have a few Chicago style pizza grill's around here. and Chicago Sams is right here in Enfield

Chesapeake International Airport (KCPK)
kardar757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 01:32 PM   #113
Operations Director

Captain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by kardar757 View Post
Well boys...now that we are on a yummy topic...

Connecticut has a lot of awesome pizza restaurants. Frankies Firehouse (named because it burnt down like 5 times) right here in Enfield is considered the best in this area. And i'm sure you guys have heard of Mystic Pizza. Not only did they make a movie about Mystic Pizza (starring Julia Roberts) but they now have their only frozen food line. You can get frozen Mystic Pizza in any grocery store here in New England...

New York has some great pizza too...and NYC is only a 1 1/2 hour drive for me. New York style pizza has ultra thin crust and mouth watering mozzarella cheese...

btw Cap...we do have a few Chicago style pizza grill's around here. and Chicago Sams is right here in Enfield
Here's the rub, I've been to too many places around here that say "Chicago Style Hot Dogs or Pizza" and it's NOTHING Chicago Style! I have to order on line if I don't want to do the 8 hour drive to Chicago. I have a friend that had family in Denver and they went to a "Chicago Style Pizza" place and it was nowhere near. In fact the waitress said, "Oh you're from Chicago! How do you like our Chicago Style Pizza!" And they said, "It's ok", the waitress was deflated!

I think you need wahoo to critique any Chicago Style anything youse guys got.

If you love something let it go, if it doesn't come back, track it down and kill it.
Captain Wahoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 01:44 PM   #114
Southwest Airlines

kardar757 is a diecast iconkardar757 is a diecast iconkardar757 is a diecast iconkardar757 is a diecast iconkardar757 is a diecast iconkardar757 is a diecast iconkardar757 is a diecast iconkardar757 is a diecast iconkardar757 is a diecast iconkardar757 is a diecast iconkardar757 is a diecast icon

I kinda like Pizzaria Uno's pizza, but they claim it to be Chicago deep dish

But here in New England it's all about New England Clam Chowder and Maine Lobster's

Oh yeah...and Sam Adams

And that puts us back on topic...BEER

Chesapeake International Airport (KCPK)
kardar757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 01:50 PM   #115
Captain RammsteinSCFCWDW

Rammstein is appreciatedRammstein is appreciatedRammstein is appreciatedRammstein is appreciatedRammstein is appreciatedRammstein is appreciatedRammstein is appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eherran View Post
Wrong Brit Cap, it was Rammstein who jokingly mentioned not liking the Beatles. Please keep your Brits straight and by the way, you can't mention the queen and beer in the same sentence. You are currently being investigated by British Secret Service, FBI and Interpol.

Perfect weather for ice fishing, I bet the cubes bite like crazy!
Jokingly?....................Oh yeah, I "love" the beatles

I also hate Beer. It tastes disgusting, I and I hate the way it only takes 3 pints a night to make my dad aggresive. It's like a drug. He won't see the fact that if he actually stopped or stopped drinking more than he's allowed then maybe he might be less aggresive and alot easier to talk too. And to think all he used to drink was 8 pints of Stella a night.

Rammstein:The Wings900.com, Walt Disney World Fan/Nut
Rammstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 01:50 PM   #116
RJ Captain

RealGliderPilot is flying under the radarRealGliderPilot is flying under the radarRealGliderPilot is flying under the radar

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingdoc View Post
Ohmigod! The saloon doors have just burst open,the gun smoke's clearing and them's fightin' words!

I hope you're only referring to the feeble choices listed in the "poll" and not taking aim at everyone who has posted here - I can feel a pub Brawl coming on.

At least you ordered a pint! (probably room temperature tho)
But seriously, a lot of the pommy beers I've had have been quite good. The only problem is that so many of the good smaller breweries got gobbled up by the big brewers in the '80's.

Anybody else out there want to go in to bat for the Old Peculiar or his Gales HSB?

Never had Aussie beer, never been there. This is a situation I intend to rectify in a few years when I travel "down under" for a month of gliding.

Any recommendations on beers there? Not lagers. The only so called "Aussie beers" we get here in the UK are "Fosters" and "Castlemain XXXX", and from what I hear, most Australians wouldn't give a XXXX for either of them.

I still maintain that there aren't any BEERS in that list. Lagers and watery P**s, yes.
RealGliderPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 02:04 PM   #117
Captain

L-1011-Heavy is a good contributorL-1011-Heavy is a good contributorL-1011-Heavy is a good contributorL-1011-Heavy is a good contributorL-1011-Heavy is a good contributorL-1011-Heavy is a good contributorL-1011-Heavy is a good contributorL-1011-Heavy is a good contributorL-1011-Heavy is a good contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rammstein View Post
Jokingly?....................Oh yeah, I "love" the beatles

I also hate Beer. It tastes disgusting, I and I hate the way it only takes 3 pints a night to make my dad aggresive. It's like a drug. He won't see the fact that if he actually stopped or stopped drinking more than he's allowed then maybe he might be less aggresive and alot easier to talk too. And to think all he used to drink was 8 pints of Stella a night.
There Will Alays Be A Dark Side To Alcohol. I Emphasize With You. I've Experienced That Agression Countless Times. It's Worse If You Live With An Alcoholic & Worse Again If It's A Loved One.
This Probably Contributes To Your Distaste For Beer. As You Grow Older You Will Learn To Deal With The Agression Better & Might Even Acquire The Taste For Beer.
3 Pints Doesn't Sound All Too Bad Though.
At 17, I Was Living With Close Friends. Their Mother Was 6ft And An Alcoholic That Could Polish Of A 40 Ounzer In The Afternoon & Go For Another 26 Ouncer At Night. All The While Ranting, Raving, Threatening, Condescending & What Have You. She Would Drive Under Those Conditions & No One Would Dare Turn Her In For Fear Of Retrubution.
One Day She Kicked In The Plate Glass Door & "Kidnapped" Her Daughter's Baby.
No One Dared Reort It To The Police Even Though She Drove Around In That Condition
With The Baby In The Car.
I've Experienced Other Aggressive Drinking Behavior But That Was The Most Harrowing Experience Ever.

The Heavy Set

Trijets 4 Ever!
Old 02-05-2007, 02:09 PM   #118
Captain RammsteinSCFCWDW

Rammstein is appreciatedRammstein is appreciatedRammstein is appreciatedRammstein is appreciatedRammstein is appreciatedRammstein is appreciatedRammstein is appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by L-1011-Heavy View Post
There Will Alays Be A Dark Side To Alcohol. I Emphasize With You. I've Experienced That Agression Countless Times. It's Worse If You Live With An Alcoholic & Worse Again If It's A Loved One.
This Probably Contributes To Your Distaste For Beer. As You Grow Older You Will Learn To Deal With The Agression Better & Might Even Acquire The Taste For Beer.
3 Pints Doesn't Sound All Too Bad Though.
At 17, I Was Living With Close Friends. Their Mother Was 6ft And An Alcoholic That Could Polish Of A 40 Ounzer In The Afternoon & Go For Another 26 Ouncer At Night. All The While Ranting, Raving, Threatening, Condescending & What Have You. She Would Drive Under Those Conditions & No One Would Dare Turn Her In For Fear Of Retrubution.
One Day She Kicked In The Plate Glass Door & "Kidnapped" Her Daughter's Baby.
No One Dared Reort It To The Police Even Though She Drove Around In That Condition
With The Baby In The Car.
I've Experienced Other Aggressive Drinking Behavior But That Was The Most Harrowing Experience Ever.
I can honestly say that I will definately not be drinking beer. With the experience I had in Teneriffe, and at home at times, I really see the bad sides of it, and it has put me off. So has the taste . I agree that 3 pints may not seem much, but my dad just can't handle the strength of it. I have actually aquired the taste of bailey's and think it's really nice stuff. If I ever do have bailey's it's no more than a small glass full. I know that i'm alot younger than my dad which is pretty obvious, but I feel that i'm more responsible than himself, when it comes down to alcohol.

Rammstein:The Wings900.com, Walt Disney World Fan/Nut
Rammstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 02:17 PM   #119
Captain

Quote:
I can honestly say that I will definately not be drinking beer. With the experience I had in Teneriffe, and at home at times, I really see the bad sides of it, and it has put me off. So has the taste . I agree that 3 pints may not seem much, but my dad just can't handle the strength of it. I have actually aquired the taste of bailey's and think it's really nice stuff. If I ever do have bailey's it's no more than a small glass full. I know that i'm alot younger than my dad which is pretty obvious, but I feel that i'm more responsible than himself, when it comes down to alcohol.
Well That Was Only One Bad Experience Out Of Many, Bearing In Mind This Woman Will Fight Off 4 Police Offers (Even BITE Them With Serious Injury) & Even Fought Off A German Sheppard. We Lived In Fear When She Drank.
I've Been In Several Brawl Situations, Which Was No Where Near As Bad An Experience,
But Sharing With Others I've Experienced Many Distasteful Situations. Thankfully I Haven't Had Such An Experience For A Good 15 Years Plus. I Find Better Friends Who Actually Know How To Enjoy A Good Beer. But I've NEVER Allowed Any Of Those Experiences Turn Me Off From A Cool One. Matter Of Fact Over The Years My Taste Has Refined.
I'll Have To Try Ichiban Now.

The Heavy Set

Trijets 4 Ever!
Old 02-05-2007, 02:48 PM   #120
Operations Director

Quote:
I think you show a great maturity to the whole issue of alcohol - no doubt born in part by the very sad experience of your father. I feel for you. When I was your age and just starting at uni, I was really scared about drinking as there was a significant family history of alcoholism on both sides of my family, although fortunately not in any first-degree relatives. Because alcoholism truly is a disease, I didn't know whether it would be a problem. Caution was a very big part of my young adulthood.

Beer is definitely an acquired taste. I didn't much fancy it at age 18 (that's the legal age here) but if you're an Aussie male and want to have any social life at all you get used to it. The thing about beer is (why else would this thread exist?), and much like wine, there is such enormous divergence in the taste and textures that eventually most people can find something that suits them or an interest in the many variations around.

In truth, alcohol probably spawns more social problems than any other drug. Whilst we have a light-hearted approach to the topic here, I applaud your good sense. The world would be a better place if more young men had your mature and responsible attitude.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: