What Music do you listen to? - Page 3 - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Ground Control > General Squawk Talk

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 09-25-2013, 10:08 AM   #31
banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,945
El_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dog
Re: What Music do you listen to?

Kids today dont know good music, classic rock stations are changing format, to pop, auto tune , computer garbage.



El_Capitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 09-25-2013, 01:43 PM   #32
Як-40 Капитан
 
LOT 737-300's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Age: 31
Posts: 5,705
LOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobby
Re: What Music do you listen to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Capitan View Post
Kids today dont know good music, classic rock stations are changing format, to pop, auto tune , computer garbage.



We lost two rock stations in our regular "FM-1" band the last couple years. O-Rock 105.9 reformatted into a A-C station that plays the same disco hits we've heard way too much in TV commercials, with the occasional awesome piece of 60s, 70s, or 80s pop or rock. Our dedicated classic station, 96.5 reformatted to include more modern stuff into the mix, but was still pretty good. A cousin of my neighbors was actually a DJ for the station (funny story how he got in), and typically played the best stuff. Eventually Cox decided that we didn't have enough politics in the AM band, so they simulcasted their Eagle Talker (WBDO) onto that. This only leaves us with one choice for rock, 101.1, which they tried to take advantage by taking some of their pre 2000 type of material into the mix. 104.1 (talk) also took advantage by having the 7PM - 4AM blocks and Weekends to classic rock (and thus, calling themselves the only classic rock station in town, sorta miss their old format when they played music though, you can only listen to the same 5 or 6 before you decide that you should change what you're listening to, before you find yourself hating these too much.) Even Classical isn't safe, WMFE 90.7 only plays music when Hearts of Space or Echoes is playing on Sunday.

There is hope though, many stations which had those old formats on their Channel 1 have these on their HD-2 or HD-3 channels (like O-Rock 105.9, and 96.5 and WMFE's classical). The problem is, how many of us have an HD radio? I have a blank SAT option on my Mariner which will never get used, and from what I read, it is possible to get HD radio with a kit you can get online (for around 250). Would love to go get one, but right now, have way too many other costs, including having to maybe order a new Vent switch (stuck on my dash vents now), and the inevitable Tune up as the car is close to hitting 100k.

Our "FM HD-1" (or just regular FM channels) are becoming either modern pop garbage, talk (usually politically charged), Latin, Jazz, or "Positive Family Friendly with copious amounts of brainwashing." Any other genre is forced to take a back seat these days sadly. But hey, at least I still got my CDs, and if anyone has something that accepts a 3.5mm audio jack, the Auxiliary port!
__________________
My Airport: Nowa Warszawa Int'l (NWL):
Attempt at first model airport (2005ish?)http://www.freewebs.com/nwlairport
Hey, model plane manufactures, how about some Braniff PZL 230Fs.

Last edited by LOT 737-300; 09-25-2013 at 01:46 PM.
LOT 737-300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 02:47 PM   #33
banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,945
El_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dog
Thumbs up Re: What Music do you listen to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOT 737-300 View Post
We lost two rock stations in our regular "FM-1" band the last couple years. O-Rock 105.9 reformatted into a A-C station that plays the same disco hits we've heard way too much in TV commercials, with the occasional awesome piece of 60s, 70s, or 80s pop or rock. Our dedicated classic station, 96.5 reformatted to include more modern stuff into the mix, but was still pretty good. A cousin of my neighbors was actually a DJ for the station (funny story how he got in), and typically played the best stuff. Eventually Cox decided that we didn't have enough politics in the AM band, so they simulcasted their Eagle Talker (WBDO) onto that. This only leaves us with one choice for rock, 101.1, which they tried to take advantage by taking some of their pre 2000 type of material into the mix. 104.1 (talk) also took advantage by having the 7PM - 4AM blocks and Weekends to classic rock (and thus, calling themselves the only classic rock station in town, sorta miss their old format when they played music though, you can only listen to the same 5 or 6 before you decide that you should change what you're listening to, before you find yourself hating these too much.) Even Classical isn't safe, WMFE 90.7 only plays music when Hearts of Space or Echoes is playing on Sunday.

There is hope though, many stations which had those old formats on their Channel 1 have these on their HD-2 or HD-3 channels (like O-Rock 105.9, and 96.5 and WMFE's classical). The problem is, how many of us have an HD radio? I have a blank SAT option on my Mariner which will never get used, and from what I read, it is possible to get HD radio with a kit you can get online (for around 250). Would love to go get one, but right now, have way too many other costs, including having to maybe order a new Vent switch (stuck on my dash vents now), and the inevitable Tune up as the car is close to hitting 100k.

Our "FM HD-1" (or just regular FM channels) are becoming either modern pop garbage, talk (usually politically charged), Latin, Jazz, or "Positive Family Friendly with copious amounts of brainwashing." Any other genre is forced to take a back seat these days sadly. But hey, at least I still got my CDs, and if anyone has something that accepts a 3.5mm audio jack, the Auxiliary port!
Roger, that.
El_Capitan is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Old 09-25-2013, 02:58 PM   #34
Master ATP Captain
 
vince1159's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Age: 54
Posts: 4,614
vince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobby
Re: What Music do you listen to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Capitan View Post
Kids today dont know good music, classic rock stations are changing format, to pop, auto tune , computer garbage.
Amen to that...Jeez we agree on something!

Motorhead and Girlschool,put them together and you get perfection....
__________________
201 Squadron and Guernsey

1939 - 2011
vince1159 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 03:15 PM   #35
Red Eagles!
 
Flight fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Age: 24
Posts: 13,351
Flight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobby
Re: What Music do you listen to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Capitan View Post
Kids today dont know good music, classic rock stations are changing format, to pop, auto tune , computer garbage.
Legally im still a kid, but i hate rap, hip hop, pop, auto tune etc.

Unlike most of my friends i usually listen to stuff like Alice Cooper, Bon Jovi, Iron Maiden, Kiss, Sabaton among others. And my friends think im the strange one.

Thank god my workplace plays Rock Antenne over the speakers.
__________________
Akktu Stakki
My YouTube channel
My collection
CEO of Moscow Dedovsk International Airport

Last edited by Flight fan; 09-25-2013 at 03:18 PM.
Flight fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 04:37 PM   #36
Professional Corn Muffin
 
Rayzor1700's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Age: 20
Posts: 711
Rayzor1700 is a top dogRayzor1700 is a top dogRayzor1700 is a top dogRayzor1700 is a top dogRayzor1700 is a top dogRayzor1700 is a top dogRayzor1700 is a top dogRayzor1700 is a top dogRayzor1700 is a top dogRayzor1700 is a top dogRayzor1700 is a top dog
Re: What Music do you listen to?

I hate Hip Hop, Rap, Pop, but I need my "computer garbage"!

But in my defense I don't listen to the stereotypical cheap annoying dubstep, I love trance.

For example:



Now I can understand why someone who doesn't listen to trance would hate this song after the first 10 seconds, but skip ahead to around 1:30 and you'll understand why I love it so much. Especially when it really picks up around 3:30.

Here's just a couple of my favorites (Not all trance):
Push - Strange World (2000 Remake)
Alphazone - Forever (skip to around 3:20)
Tut Tut Child - Hummingbird
Crystallize - Lindsey Stirling
Emily Underhill - Lost In Me (Rameses B Remix)

And my most recent obsession... Emma Hewitt

__________________
I love
S K Y T E A M
Rayzor1700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 04:51 PM   #37
1:400 Scale Collector
 
Haz Baz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 2,509
Haz Baz is a legend of the hobbyHaz Baz is a legend of the hobbyHaz Baz is a legend of the hobbyHaz Baz is a legend of the hobbyHaz Baz is a legend of the hobbyHaz Baz is a legend of the hobbyHaz Baz is a legend of the hobbyHaz Baz is a legend of the hobbyHaz Baz is a legend of the hobbyHaz Baz is a legend of the hobbyHaz Baz is a legend of the hobby
Re: What Music do you listen to?

I'm not keen on reggae or rap, some of the less "chavy" R&B is ok, not overly keen though. I don't mind pop either, I listen to anything really, except from the above.
__________________
I don't know what to put in my signature, so here's a face: .
Haz Baz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 05:49 PM   #38
people's been to space
 
JanAir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,635
JanAir is a top dogJanAir is a top dogJanAir is a top dogJanAir is a top dogJanAir is a top dogJanAir is a top dogJanAir is a top dogJanAir is a top dogJanAir is a top dogJanAir is a top dogJanAir is a top dog
Re: What Music do you listen to?

I mostly listen to older music...





But I also listen to some newer music... not new as in pop/computer crap, but new as in it was made recently

__________________

Check out the Aeropuerto de Rayo!


Add your airports to the Airports of Wings900 Wiki!
JanAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 06:10 PM   #39
Line Service Technician
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 3,553
Southwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobby
Re: What Music do you listen to?

My favorite's country. I love Johnny Cash.

But I listen to everything just about. There's a few rap songs I like, 90s rap mostly, I listen to a lot of Alternative. But since I have found out about Tomorrowland, I listen to a lot of their music videos they put up from the festival.
Southwest&Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 07:36 PM   #40
banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,945
El_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dog
Re: What Music do you listen to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flight fan View Post
Legally im still a kid, but i hate rap, hip hop, pop, auto tune etc.

Unlike most of my friends i usually listen to stuff like Alice Cooper, Bon Jovi, Iron Maiden, Kiss, Sabaton among others. And my friends think im the strange one.

Thank god my workplace plays Rock Antenne over the speakers.
Well, you guys are more sophisticated, I mean most people your age don't even collect a/c models .

it's not surprising you have a good taste in music. Ha
El_Capitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 07:49 PM   #41
Obsessed with United
 
United737's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 2,242
United737 is a top dogUnited737 is a top dogUnited737 is a top dogUnited737 is a top dogUnited737 is a top dogUnited737 is a top dogUnited737 is a top dogUnited737 is a top dogUnited737 is a top dogUnited737 is a top dogUnited737 is a top dog
Re: What Music do you listen to?

I like some songs on Kiss 108 (a Boston radio station), but my favorite is 98.5 "Boston's Home for Sports!"
__________________
I'm an American living in Japan assigned to the 18th Wing, Kadena AB

Types I fly: C-17 Globemaster, MC-130H Combat Talon II
United737 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 10:05 PM   #42
Line Service Technician
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 3,553
Southwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobby
Re: What Music do you listen to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by United737 View Post
I like some songs on Kiss 108 (a Boston radio station), but my favorite is 98.5 "Boston's Home for Sports!"
Patriots, Bruins, Red Sox, Celtics.

Sox winning the AL East! Road to the world series.
Southwest&Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 11:16 PM   #43
CRJ First Officer
 
DeltaFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,521
DeltaFan is a legend of the hobbyDeltaFan is a legend of the hobbyDeltaFan is a legend of the hobbyDeltaFan is a legend of the hobbyDeltaFan is a legend of the hobbyDeltaFan is a legend of the hobbyDeltaFan is a legend of the hobbyDeltaFan is a legend of the hobbyDeltaFan is a legend of the hobbyDeltaFan is a legend of the hobbyDeltaFan is a legend of the hobby
Re: What Music do you listen to?

I guess I really listen to a mix... Kelly Clarkson, Huey Lewis, Carrie Underwood, Bon Jovi, Elton John, Adele, Cher, Fleetwood Mac, Billy Joel, Shania Twain, Nickelback... to name a few.
For the most part, I dislike rap, but there are a couple songs I like.
__________________
DeltaFan

My Passenger Travel FlightDiary: http://flightdiary.net/DeltaFanDC9
DeltaFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 11:19 PM   #44
Selfie with bros
 
LeoMuse747's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Age: 24
Posts: 10,794
LeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobby
Re: What Music do you listen to?

What Music do you listen to?

well, my signature says it all. Seeing them right in front of my eyes was simply amazing. That's me in 0:22:32

adding to that, I also like a few songs of Rammstein, Paul McCartney and many other artists. Genres include Rock, Electronic, Pop, R&B, many Brazilian songs (mostly Fagner and a few others) etc etc etc
__________________
My diorama! Willy White Snowflake International Airport! Please check last pages!
My pictures on Flickr!

Last edited by LeoMuse747; 09-25-2013 at 11:37 PM.
LeoMuse747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 10:14 AM   #45
Red Eagles!
 
Flight fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Age: 24
Posts: 13,351
Flight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobby
Re: What Music do you listen to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southwest&Blue View Post
My favorite's country. I love Johnny Cash.
Oh yeah, he's good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Capitan View Post
Well, you guys are more sophisticated, I mean most people your age don't even collect a/c models .

it's not surprising you have a good taste in music. Ha
Haha, well you got that right.
__________________
Akktu Stakki
My YouTube channel
My collection
CEO of Moscow Dedovsk International Airport
Flight fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:16 AM.

Latest Threads
- by Charter
- by N3424V
- by Rex
 

Models of the Week
 


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

 

SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2