What Music do you listen to? - Page 3 - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Ground Control > General Squawk Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 09-25-2013, 10:08 AM   #31
banned

El_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dog
Re: What Music do you listen to?

Kids today dont know good music, classic rock stations are changing format, to pop, auto tune , computer garbage.

El_Capitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-25-2013, 01:43 PM   #32
Як-40 Капитан

LOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Capitan View Post
Kids today dont know good music, classic rock stations are changing format, to pop, auto tune , computer garbage.

We lost two rock stations in our regular "FM-1" band the last couple years. O-Rock 105.9 reformatted into a A-C station that plays the same disco hits we've heard way too much in TV commercials, with the occasional awesome piece of 60s, 70s, or 80s pop or rock. Our dedicated classic station, 96.5 reformatted to include more modern stuff into the mix, but was still pretty good. A cousin of my neighbors was actually a DJ for the station (funny story how he got in), and typically played the best stuff. Eventually Cox decided that we didn't have enough politics in the AM band, so they simulcasted their Eagle Talker (WBDO) onto that. This only leaves us with one choice for rock, 101.1, which they tried to take advantage by taking some of their pre 2000 type of material into the mix. 104.1 (talk) also took advantage by having the 7PM - 4AM blocks and Weekends to classic rock (and thus, calling themselves the only classic rock station in town, sorta miss their old format when they played music though, you can only listen to the same 5 or 6 before you decide that you should change what you're listening to, before you find yourself hating these too much.) Even Classical isn't safe, WMFE 90.7 only plays music when Hearts of Space or Echoes is playing on Sunday.

There is hope though, many stations which had those old formats on their Channel 1 have these on their HD-2 or HD-3 channels (like O-Rock 105.9, and 96.5 and WMFE's classical). The problem is, how many of us have an HD radio? I have a blank SAT option on my Mariner which will never get used, and from what I read, it is possible to get HD radio with a kit you can get online (for around 250). Would love to go get one, but right now, have way too many other costs, including having to maybe order a new Vent switch (stuck on my dash vents now), and the inevitable Tune up as the car is close to hitting 100k.

Our "FM HD-1" (or just regular FM channels) are becoming either modern pop garbage, talk (usually politically charged), Latin, Jazz, or "Positive Family Friendly with copious amounts of brainwashing." Any other genre is forced to take a back seat these days sadly. But hey, at least I still got my CDs, and if anyone has something that accepts a 3.5mm audio jack, the Auxiliary port!

Last edited by LOT 737-300; 09-25-2013 at 01:46 PM.
LOT 737-300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 02:47 PM   #33
banned

El_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dog
Thumbs up Re: What Music do you listen to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOT 737-300 View Post
We lost two rock stations in our regular "FM-1" band the last couple years. O-Rock 105.9 reformatted into a A-C station that plays the same disco hits we've heard way too much in TV commercials, with the occasional awesome piece of 60s, 70s, or 80s pop or rock. Our dedicated classic station, 96.5 reformatted to include more modern stuff into the mix, but was still pretty good. A cousin of my neighbors was actually a DJ for the station (funny story how he got in), and typically played the best stuff. Eventually Cox decided that we didn't have enough politics in the AM band, so they simulcasted their Eagle Talker (WBDO) onto that. This only leaves us with one choice for rock, 101.1, which they tried to take advantage by taking some of their pre 2000 type of material into the mix. 104.1 (talk) also took advantage by having the 7PM - 4AM blocks and Weekends to classic rock (and thus, calling themselves the only classic rock station in town, sorta miss their old format when they played music though, you can only listen to the same 5 or 6 before you decide that you should change what you're listening to, before you find yourself hating these too much.) Even Classical isn't safe, WMFE 90.7 only plays music when Hearts of Space or Echoes is playing on Sunday.

There is hope though, many stations which had those old formats on their Channel 1 have these on their HD-2 or HD-3 channels (like O-Rock 105.9, and 96.5 and WMFE's classical). The problem is, how many of us have an HD radio? I have a blank SAT option on my Mariner which will never get used, and from what I read, it is possible to get HD radio with a kit you can get online (for around 250). Would love to go get one, but right now, have way too many other costs, including having to maybe order a new Vent switch (stuck on my dash vents now), and the inevitable Tune up as the car is close to hitting 100k.

Our "FM HD-1" (or just regular FM channels) are becoming either modern pop garbage, talk (usually politically charged), Latin, Jazz, or "Positive Family Friendly with copious amounts of brainwashing." Any other genre is forced to take a back seat these days sadly. But hey, at least I still got my CDs, and if anyone has something that accepts a 3.5mm audio jack, the Auxiliary port!
Roger, that.

Old 09-25-2013, 02:58 PM   #34
Master ATP Captain

vince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Amen to that...Jeez we agree on something!

Motorhead and Girlschool,put them together and you get perfection....

1939 - 2011
vince1159 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 03:15 PM   #35
Red Eagles!

Flight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Legally im still a kid, but i hate rap, hip hop, pop, auto tune etc.

Unlike most of my friends i usually listen to stuff like Alice Cooper, Bon Jovi, Iron Maiden, Kiss, Sabaton among others. And my friends think im the strange one.

Thank god my workplace plays Rock Antenne over the speakers.
CEO of Moscow Dedovsk International Airport

Last edited by Flight fan; 09-25-2013 at 03:18 PM.
Flight fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 04:37 PM   #36
Professional Corn Muffin

Rayzor1700 is a top dogRayzor1700 is a top dogRayzor1700 is a top dogRayzor1700 is a top dogRayzor1700 is a top dogRayzor1700 is a top dogRayzor1700 is a top dogRayzor1700 is a top dogRayzor1700 is a top dogRayzor1700 is a top dogRayzor1700 is a top dog

I hate Hip Hop, Rap, Pop, but I need my "computer garbage"!

But in my defense I don't listen to the stereotypical cheap annoying dubstep, I love trance.

For example:

Now I can understand why someone who doesn't listen to trance would hate this song after the first 10 seconds, but skip ahead to around 1:30 and you'll understand why I love it so much. Especially when it really picks up around 3:30.

Here's just a couple of my favorites (Not all trance):
Push - Strange World (2000 Remake)
Alphazone - Forever (skip to around 3:20)
Tut Tut Child - Hummingbird
Crystallize - Lindsey Stirling
Emily Underhill - Lost In Me (Rameses B Remix)

And my most recent obsession... Emma Hewitt

Old 09-25-2013, 04:51 PM   #37
1:400 Scale Collector

Haz Baz is a legend of the hobbyHaz Baz is a legend of the hobbyHaz Baz is a legend of the hobbyHaz Baz is a legend of the hobbyHaz Baz is a legend of the hobbyHaz Baz is a legend of the hobbyHaz Baz is a legend of the hobbyHaz Baz is a legend of the hobbyHaz Baz is a legend of the hobbyHaz Baz is a legend of the hobbyHaz Baz is a legend of the hobby

I'm not keen on reggae or rap, some of the less "chavy" R&B is ok, not overly keen though. I don't mind pop either, I listen to anything really, except from the above.
Old 09-25-2013, 05:49 PM   #38
people's been to space

JanAir is a top dogJanAir is a top dogJanAir is a top dogJanAir is a top dogJanAir is a top dogJanAir is a top dogJanAir is a top dogJanAir is a top dogJanAir is a top dogJanAir is a top dogJanAir is a top dog

I mostly listen to older music...

But I also listen to some newer music... not new as in pop/computer crap, but new as in it was made recently

Check out the Aeropuerto de Rayo!

Add your airports to the Airports of Wings900 Wiki!
JanAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 06:10 PM   #39
Line Service Technician

Southwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobby

My favorite's country. I love Johnny Cash.

But I listen to everything just about. There's a few rap songs I like, 90s rap mostly, I listen to a lot of Alternative. But since I have found out about Tomorrowland, I listen to a lot of their music videos they put up from the festival.
Southwest&Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 07:36 PM   #40
banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flight fan View Post
Legally im still a kid, but i hate rap, hip hop, pop, auto tune etc.

Unlike most of my friends i usually listen to stuff like Alice Cooper, Bon Jovi, Iron Maiden, Kiss, Sabaton among others. And my friends think im the strange one.

Thank god my workplace plays Rock Antenne over the speakers.
Well, you guys are more sophisticated, I mean most people your age don't even collect a/c models .

it's not surprising you have a good taste in music. Ha
Old 09-25-2013, 07:49 PM   #41
Obsessed with United

United737 is a top dogUnited737 is a top dogUnited737 is a top dogUnited737 is a top dogUnited737 is a top dogUnited737 is a top dogUnited737 is a top dogUnited737 is a top dogUnited737 is a top dogUnited737 is a top dogUnited737 is a top dog

I like some songs on Kiss 108 (a Boston radio station), but my favorite is 98.5 "Boston's Home for Sports!"

Types I fly: C-17 Globemaster, MC-130H Combat Talon II
United737 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 10:05 PM   #42
Line Service Technician

Southwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by United737 View Post
I like some songs on Kiss 108 (a Boston radio station), but my favorite is 98.5 "Boston's Home for Sports!"
Patriots, Bruins, Red Sox, Celtics.

Sox winning the AL East! Road to the world series.
Southwest&Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 11:16 PM   #43
CRJ First Officer

DeltaFan is a legend of the hobbyDeltaFan is a legend of the hobbyDeltaFan is a legend of the hobbyDeltaFan is a legend of the hobbyDeltaFan is a legend of the hobbyDeltaFan is a legend of the hobbyDeltaFan is a legend of the hobbyDeltaFan is a legend of the hobbyDeltaFan is a legend of the hobbyDeltaFan is a legend of the hobbyDeltaFan is a legend of the hobby

I guess I really listen to a mix... Kelly Clarkson, Huey Lewis, Carrie Underwood, Bon Jovi, Elton John, Adele, Cher, Fleetwood Mac, Billy Joel, Shania Twain, Nickelback... to name a few.
For the most part, I dislike rap, but there are a couple songs I like.

My Passenger Travel FlightDiary: http://flightdiary.net/DeltaFanDC9
DeltaFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 11:19 PM   #44
Selfie with bros

LeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobby

What Music do you listen to?

well, my signature says it all. Seeing them right in front of my eyes was simply amazing. That's me in 0:22:32

adding to that, I also like a few songs of Rammstein, Paul McCartney and many other artists. Genres include Rock, Electronic, Pop, R&B, many Brazilian songs (mostly Fagner and a few others) etc etc etc

Last edited by LeoMuse747; 09-25-2013 at 11:37 PM.
LeoMuse747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 10:14 AM   #45
Red Eagles!

Flight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southwest&Blue View Post
My favorite's country. I love Johnny Cash.
Oh yeah, he's good.

Quote:
Well, you guys are more sophisticated, I mean most people your age don't even collect a/c models .

it's not surprising you have a good taste in music. Ha
Haha, well you got that right.
CEO of Moscow Dedovsk International Airport
Flight fan is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: