Who do you like for President - Page 6 - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Ground Control > General Squawk Talk

View Poll Results: Who do you want for President?
Geroge Bush 14 24.56%
John Kerry 29 50.88%
Ralph Nader 1 1.75%
None of the above they all stink 13 22.81%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 10-26-2004, 05:16 PM   #76

davidrund is flying under the radar
Quote:
Originally Posted by luloudoodle
I agree with waffle here. I like how Kerry and his running mate Edwards appeal to small buisnesses and say they will try and lower malpractice fees for doctors . Ya right, for one Edwards was a TRIAL LAWYER. His job was to sue the living daylights out of people. Do I see a flip-flop? His job was to help lazy americans pick up a quick buck just because they were supposedly mal-practiced on or anything else you can sue for. People could just walk in say, their dentist couldn't keep their teeth from falling out, yet they never brushed, and he'd sue the doctor. He is one of America's problems right now, why in the hell would you want him having partial control of what goes on in our governent.
Kerry is just a rich sentator no smarter than bush and thats where I'll leave it. He uses big words to try and outwit Bush, yet with all his flip-flops he contradicts himself. All he can do is agree with everyone except Bush on every issue. If he was president, people could tell him "we like bombs, make themllegal", he'd happily agree and say "why are they so dangerous in the first place?".

I really can't say who I want for president, Bush is as smart as a chimp and Kerry is a parrot. Maybe nader will win
I'm sorry, and this is going to be blunt but I can't agree with either of you. First of all, by rich i mean higher taxes for those making +200k a year. Small businesses here suffer anyway, even with Bush in office. Many shopping centers around here have small businesses that go out of business a few months after they open. There is even a major road here that is very infamous and known as being the "Graveyard of Restraunts" because not even large chain restraunts like Boston Market or A Taste of Thai can stay open on this road. It has been happening and it will whether Kerry is elected or Not. Even in busy places like Chicago and its suburbs it happens. (I used to live there) As long as the economy is bad as it is now, small businesses WILL SUFFER.
davidrund is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-26-2004, 05:21 PM   #77

Quote:
Originally Posted by MD11Freighter
I maybe ignorant for saying this. But I dont think the US Government has a revenue problem. They have a spending problem.
Not ignorant, you're right. they spend billions of dollars on a pointless war. Then they say the war was the right desicion.
Old 10-26-2004, 05:44 PM   #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by guru2k2
bush, for lots of reasons. 4 more years!
And what are those reasons?

Old 10-26-2004, 06:04 PM   #79
Senior Captain

luloudoodle is flying under the radar
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidrund
I'm sorry, and this is going to be blunt but I can't agree with either of you. First of all, by rich i mean higher taxes for those making +200k a year. Small businesses here suffer anyway, even with Bush in office. Many shopping centers around here have small businesses that go out of business a few months after they open. There is even a major road here that is very infamous and known as being the "Graveyard of Restraunts" because not even large chain restraunts like Boston Market or A Taste of Thai can stay open on this road. It has been happening and it will whether Kerry is elected or Not. Even in busy places like Chicago and its suburbs it happens. (I used to live there) As long as the economy is bad as it is now, small businesses WILL SUFFER.
So you know Bush just can't put money in peoples pockets and make them spend it, sometimes a recession can be good it helps make certain companies adapt rid themselves of poor spending choices. I think Kerry taxing the hell out of us will help the economy. And if Kerry Cares so very much about the taxes voted against tax cuts and approved governent spending, but I guess for a spoiled little boy being Senator is not enough and has no meaning. Maybe he should pick a platform and stick with it. "Bush doesn't like/support __________ yet I do, so vote for me" Isn't a platform .
Old 10-26-2004, 06:14 PM   #80

Quote:
So you know Bush just can't put money in peoples pockets and make them spend it, sometimes a recession can be good it helps make certain companies adapt rid themselves of poor spending choices. I think Kerry taxing the hell out of us will help the economy. And if Kerry Cares so very much about the taxes voted against tax cuts and approved governent spending, but I guess for a spoiled little boy being Senator is not enough and has no meaning. Maybe he should pick a platform and stick with it. "Bush doesn't like/support __________ yet I do, so vote for me" Isn't a platform .
spoiled little boy?!?!?!?! TALK ABOUT MR.BUSH
Old 10-26-2004, 06:25 PM   #81

Bush got C's in college, was spoiled by his parents got out of Vietnam War because of his parents, and u call Kerry spoiled???? BUSH NEVER WOULD'VE WON IF IT WEREN'T FOR HIS PARENTS AND FAMILY!!
Old 10-26-2004, 06:50 PM   #82
Senior Captain

Ya and kerry has worked so hard. especially after he married Mrs. Heinz, who also works very hard . Too bad Bush was born into a family where his father was president, just a bad roll of the dice I guess .

I still think both are idiots, but I'm sorta siding with Bush on this one.
Old 10-26-2004, 07:24 PM   #83
Operations Director

waffle is a legend of the hobbywaffle is a legend of the hobbywaffle is a legend of the hobbywaffle is a legend of the hobbywaffle is a legend of the hobbywaffle is a legend of the hobbywaffle is a legend of the hobbywaffle is a legend of the hobbywaffle is a legend of the hobbywaffle is a legend of the hobbywaffle is a legend of the hobby
Quote:
I love this impression on how the economy is so bad. It really is not. Unemployment is at approximately 5.4% anything UNDER 6.0% is considered full employment. All these people within the 5.4% figure into a wide variety of categories. I know of quite a few small businesses doing quite well. But if taxes go up it will hurt the economy and small businesses. Why else are there banners saying small businesses for Bush? Just look at 1936-38ish well the economy nearly crashed because of increased taxes in market recovery. The economy as a whole is doing quite well, if you look at the unemployment during 90s unemployment is very similar to the first year of the Clinton years and is off its peak from last year. GDP is doing well, and we are well ahead on unemployment compared to our European counterparts. Inflation is the only thing looking a bit unstable but it seems to have settled for now. If you would like more infomration I'll gladly give it as I'm doing EC200 in college in which this exact subject is researched.

waffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2004, 07:27 PM   #84
Senior Captain

I think the impression is from our stat and theory driven media. Right now it looks like Bush is at fault but if those liberals down at CNN and CBS really wanted to be fair they'd pull out some of those stats. Right now the race is more Bush vs. the Media, Kerry is just the sock puppet used and propted up by trustworthy dan down at CBS
Old 10-26-2004, 08:35 PM   #85

Quote:
Ya and kerry has worked so hard. especially after he married Mrs. Heinz, who also works very hard . Too bad Bush was born into a family where his father was president, just a bad roll of the dice I guess .

I still think both are idiots, but I'm sorta siding with Bush on this one.
Kerry has worked very hard. Unlike bush, Kerry didn't have a president for a dad. In other words, he had to work hard like all the rest of us to get to where he is now.
Old 10-26-2004, 08:37 PM   #86

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffle
I love this impression on how the economy is so bad. It really is not. Unemployment is at approximately 5.4% anything UNDER 6.0% is considered full employment. All these people within the 5.4% figure into a wide variety of categories. I know of quite a few small businesses doing quite well. But if taxes go up it will hurt the economy and small businesses. Why else are there banners saying small businesses for Bush? Just look at 1936-38ish well the economy nearly crashed because of increased taxes in market recovery. The economy as a whole is doing quite well, if you look at the unemployment during 90s unemployment is very similar to the first year of the Clinton years and is off its peak from last year. GDP is doing well, and we are well ahead on unemployment compared to our European counterparts. Inflation is the only thing looking a bit unstable but it seems to have settled for now. If you would like more infomration I'll gladly give it as I'm doing EC200 in college in which this exact subject is researched.
Why do you think the economy isn't doing poorly? Ever since 9/11, we have been struggling to get back to where we were. Maybe we WOULD be doing well if we hadn't started a war that has no good purpose.
Old 10-26-2004, 09:23 PM   #87
Senior Captain

Quote:
Why do you think the economy isn't doing poorly? Ever since 9/11, we have been struggling to get back to where we were. Maybe we WOULD be doing well if we hadn't started a war that has no good purpose.
Actually Wars have a history of stimulating the economy and especially now-a-days where there is so much outsourcing and contracting. Truck drivers who used to make on $30,000 a year can now drive in Iraq and earn $90,000 and they love the thrill as well. We were also in recession wayyy before 9/11 not to mention recessions and econmic booms just don't happen overnight, they are seeded decades before, Clinton did squat, all he did was hang out with fluzies while our economy soared under dot-com stocks of the 90's. So you know Kerry can pretty much say anything he wants about what he will do in office, he hasn't been elected before so no one knows what he'll do, while Bush has been in office so all Kerry has to do is attack everything wrong right now.

i also like how you said Kerry has worked really hard, please, he has done squat and never worked a day since he married Ms. Heinz, she helped him fuel this campaign. I liked Edwars a lot more than Kerry, but Edwards doesn't have a wife who is heir to a giagantic world-wide corporation. And also when Kerry was in the army he did absolutly nothign his crew mates hate him, and would never trust him, wonder why he has 3 purple hearts all of a sudden, also another thing those liberals won't let out is that he only was on a PT boat because the base where he'd be stationed was were his girlfriend was as well, that could be why his crew hated him he only wants to be there because of his girlfriend, and not to help protect his fellow troops.Now don't get me wrong Bush has done squat as well, and I have yet to mention bush having worked a day in his life, but just don't take your good canidate Kerry so likely.
Old 10-26-2004, 10:00 PM   #88

Colin Edison is flying under the radar
Wings900 get into politics... =.="
Colin Edison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2004, 10:20 PM   #89

Quote:
Actually Wars have a history of stimulating the economy and especially now-a-days where there is so much outsourcing and contracting. Truck drivers who used to make on $30,000 a year can now drive in Iraq and earn $90,000 and they love the thrill as well. We were also in recession wayyy before 9/11 not to mention recessions and econmic booms just don't happen overnight, they are seeded decades before, Clinton did squat, all he did was hang out with fluzies while our economy soared under dot-com stocks of the 90's. So you know Kerry can pretty much say anything he wants about what he will do in office, he hasn't been elected before so no one knows what he'll do, while Bush has been in office so all Kerry has to do is attack everything wrong right now.

i also like how you said Kerry has worked really hard, please, he has done squat and never worked a day since he married Ms. Heinz, she helped him fuel this campaign. I liked Edwars a lot more than Kerry, but Edwards doesn't have a wife who is heir to a giagantic world-wide corporation. And also when Kerry was in the army he did absolutly nothign his crew mates hate him, and would never trust him, wonder why he has 3 purple hearts all of a sudden, also another thing those liberals won't let out is that he only was on a PT boat because the base where he'd be stationed was were his girlfriend was as well, that could be why his crew hated him he only wants to be there because of his girlfriend, and not to help protect his fellow troops.Now don't get me wrong Bush has done squat as well, and I have yet to mention bush having worked a day in his life, but just don't take your good canidate Kerry so likely.
You've proven my point-where do you think all our money goes? The money goes to the lonely truck driver who should make a lot less than he's getting. Why do you keep attacking Kerry because he has a rich wife?? You can't prove this, can you?? You are WAY to critical. He has a rich wife. So what? That doesn't effect his political skills. You obviously know very little about Kerry. Did you realize that in Vietnam, Kerry jumped out of the boat and killed a viatnamese about to fire a machine gun? What is this country coming to when so many people trust a guy who CREATES A POINTLESS WAR (you haven't said anything about the war yet) LOSES BILLIONS OF DOLLARS AND GOT LOW C's IN COLLEGE?? I'm not saying Kerry would make the best president in the world, just a lot better one than Bush.
Old 10-26-2004, 10:42 PM   #90
Senior Captain

Quote:
You've proven my point-where do you think all our money goes? The money goes to the lonely truck driver who should make a lot less than he's getting. Why do you keep attacking Kerry because he has a rich wife?? You can't prove this, can you?? You are WAY to critical. He has a rich wife. So what? That doesn't effect his political skills. You obviously know very little about Kerry. Did you realize that in Vietnam, Kerry jumped out of the boat and killed a viatnamese about to fire a machine gun? What is this country coming to when so many people trust a guy who CREATES A POINTLESS WAR (you haven't said anything about the war yet) LOSES BILLIONS OF DOLLARS AND GOT LOW C's IN COLLEGE?? I'm not saying Kerry would make the best president in the world, just a lot better one than Bush.
Whats with you and the Damn C's big F'n deal. Grades have no meaning in society. Grades do not prove who is smarter, all they do is prove who can be the best parrot and repeat what they hear, kinda like brainwashing, you find out by hearing the person talk and 2 things I know, Bush is an idiot, or that is what it seems,and Kerry is a Boring, self-proclaimed genious, and again, I do not like either canidate, but prefer Bush over Kerry, but if it was up to me I would have liked Edwards for president.
Also talk and speech ain't gonna pay for a war. And do you want a Islamic Radical that hates you, living in your neigborhood? Huh? I really think no one does. They've been there for a long time way before the second WTC attacks and your democratic Idol, Clinton is one of the reasons WTC happened he was to distracted by our booming economy to actually try and look into the threat of Terrorism. He also was resonsible for cutting Military spending, espcially espionage. So what your buddy Kerry is going to do is cut spending, most of which is military and in 8 years we will have another WTC attack. Now do you really want that? Now the war was not a good thing I think it was just Afganistan and thats it, we didn't need to go to Iraq. But what can you do? Also we've been at war, or in conflicts constantly since Vietnam, Gulf War, Kosovo, Bosnia ect.... Sure the war is bad, but we are actually working towards getting rid of a real enemy, how do so many troops die? Well the terroists are oviously armed with something. I also think the media makes it a lot worse than it actually is, constantly reporting on deaths, economic downfall, radical theories and of coarse Bush's miss on WMD's.

Edwards for President!!! If not I'll go with Bush

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: