Airport Tycoon 3 PC Game - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Ground Control > General Squawk Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 07-08-2004, 10:01 PM   #1

Swami8 is flying under the radarSwami8 is flying under the radar
Airport Tycoon 3 PC Game

Hi again everyone!

Has anyone here had the chance to play this latest version of the Airport Tycoon series? i was thinking of picking up a copy but wanted to ask around before spending my precious few extra dollars. Any reviews or help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
Swami8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-08-2004, 10:52 PM   #2
Senior Captain

luloudoodle is flying under the radar
I have it.

Well its okay, still like the original, but its much better than the 2nd. I like it and find it pretty fun.

BTW your not the only one who has few dollars these days. This hobby is too expensive
Old 07-08-2004, 11:38 PM   #3
Captain

Jetsetter is flying under the radarJetsetter is flying under the radar
It's not worth it. I heard it was too slow and you have China Airlines 744's flying between Houston and Dallas.

Gateway, Meridian, Continental, Academy, Atlantic Sun, Gateway, Malta, Swiss, KLM, Air France, Global, Excel, Sola. Thats a lot of virtual metal.
Jetsetter is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-08-2004, 11:47 PM   #4
Operations Director

waffle is a legend of the hobbywaffle is a legend of the hobbywaffle is a legend of the hobbywaffle is a legend of the hobbywaffle is a legend of the hobbywaffle is a legend of the hobbywaffle is a legend of the hobbywaffle is a legend of the hobbywaffle is a legend of the hobbywaffle is a legend of the hobbywaffle is a legend of the hobby
www.airlinesimulation.com , is much better in my opinion then Airline 5, I can't wait until v6 comes out in a month or two.

waffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2004, 10:17 AM   #5
Senior Captain

Chrisvalla is a good contributorChrisvalla is a good contributorChrisvalla is a good contributorChrisvalla is a good contributorChrisvalla is a good contributorChrisvalla is a good contributorChrisvalla is a good contributorChrisvalla is a good contributorChrisvalla is a good contributorChrisvalla is a good contributor
After having wasted money on 1 and 2 they're not getting me a 3rd time. Their 'fixes' and 'updates' in 2 were a joke, the manual was lacking, the instructions were fuzzy and unclear... a very good example of a good game done wrong.

As cheeky as Airline Tycoon (and Evolution) were , they played better than either release of Airport Tycoon.
Chrisvalla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2004, 11:34 AM   #6

Swami8 is flying under the radarSwami8 is flying under the radar
Thanks for all of the input guys! Guess unless soeone drops this on my desk for free, I won't worry about purchasing it. What a shame, it's a such a great idea of a game for us "plane freaks" to play around with.
Swami8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2004, 12:44 PM   #7

boeing 747 is flying under the radar
I've got that game and don't think its too bad! My only complaint is you are really limited as to where to locate your airport, and the contract offers are few and far between.
boeing 747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2004, 04:32 PM   #8
RJ Captain

mather is flying under the radar
Unlike Chris I did go ahead and buy version 3 and what a mistake .... it's crap!!!

Mike
mather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2004, 07:27 AM   #9
Captain

Digital is a diecast iconDigital is a diecast iconDigital is a diecast iconDigital is a diecast iconDigital is a diecast iconDigital is a diecast iconDigital is a diecast iconDigital is a diecast iconDigital is a diecast iconDigital is a diecast iconDigital is a diecast icon
Yea, i to bought this game and am hardcore dissapointed.

Looks cool, good concept, has airplanes.. for me that was all it took to pay the 35$. But after installing it and playing it for 5 minutes i wanted my money back.

The game has a very poor tutorial tells you nothing of what to do. Youll end up spending a half hour trying to make things work.
The game is slow and boring. once you have your airport up and running, its best just to keep it on fast forward and watch TV for about an hour. Remember to hit OK to the contracts which seem to be broken because negotiations do nothing.
The game also crashes on Febuary 12th 1985 nomater which game im on.
After the games scenery, which is the coolest part, becomes boring, its just a waiting game.
Digital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2004, 09:11 PM   #10
Second Officer

canadianbuff is flying under the radar
I went out and picked up airport tycoon 3 and was really dissapointed about it. I didn't like how the runways in the game worked and the camera angles it gives you for viewing incoming and departing aircraft. I belive the first one is alot better then 2 and 3 even though the graphics are not the greatest.
Old 07-16-2004, 11:34 PM   #11

scit106 is flying under the radar
i can only confirm what has already been said. the game is very poorly done. i think airport tycoon 1 was the best of them all.
scit106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2004, 10:26 AM   #12

seanfitzpatrick is flying under the radar
Thumbs up

Hi Guys:

www.airlinesimulation.com from the great folks down under will soon be releasing version 6 of airline. This promises to be an excellent simulation for those who want a real challenge. It's been completely re-writen with many new features. Also, it will be easier to obtain in North America

Cheers
Sean
Paradigm
seanfitzpatrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2021, 09:59 AM   #13
Earning My Wings

johnamaro is flying under the radar
Re: Airport Tycoon 3 PC Game

I really want to play this airport tycoon 3 on pc but I don't how to play it on pc and after some time I found about bluestacks emulator and I first play this mini militia for pc
johnamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2021, 08:16 AM   #14
First Officer

klm.b777 is a good contributorklm.b777 is a good contributorklm.b777 is a good contributorklm.b777 is a good contributorklm.b777 is a good contributorklm.b777 is a good contributorklm.b777 is a good contributorklm.b777 is a good contributorklm.b777 is a good contributor
Re: Airport Tycoon 3 PC Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffle View Post
www.airlinesimulation.com , is much better in my opinion then Airline 5, I can't wait until v6 comes out in a month or two.
Cant find any button to play on this website.??

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: