Does anyone??? - Page 2 - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Ground Control > General Squawk Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 03-28-2004, 10:01 PM   #16
Senior Captain

luloudoodle is flying under the radar
I pay attention to them and let it slip into my bag

Old 03-29-2004, 03:50 PM   #17

Colin Edison is flying under the radar
I watch it! For safety!
Colin Edison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 05:55 PM   #18
Senior Captain

luloudoodle is flying under the radar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumbo747
You bet I listen and look at the safety card. Now for some reason after reading it the safety card always manages to get put between pages of the airline inflight magazine that you may take

Mark
Exactly how I do it so I have an excuse for if I get caught, esecially with those cameras Jetblue has in the cabin

Old 03-29-2004, 08:02 PM   #19
RJ Second Officer

Syd's Pirate is flying under the radar
I think the main difference in the safety demo that is very important is the life jackets. So many airlines have different techniques in securing them. I watch the safety demo out of courtesy and especially if my wife is working on board! Never know when I will get a clip over the ear!

It's also worthwhile just checking where the nearest exit is. Looking forward to tomorrow as I'm taking part in a new cabin evacuation system using sound to guide people to the nearest exit. Not sure on all the details yet, I'm just a guinea pig.
Syd's Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2004, 07:31 AM   #20

kbck is flying under the radar
Been flying once or twice a month, and I do not listen to the safety announcement, but I always check out where the closest emergency exits are, front and back, and may even count the seats to the exits, I also check if my life vest is under my seat.
Have a read of the books "Black Box" and "Living on a wing and a prayer" (if I remember right) and you may do the same......
kbck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2004, 02:56 PM   #21

pakpoomania is flying under the radar
I always watch the safety demonstration and also, I collect the safety instruction card in the seat pocket... Sorry........

I know that it is prohibited for many airlines but...... sorry......
pakpoomania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2004, 03:04 PM   #22
RJ First Officer

airways1 is flying under the radar
I watch the video and steal the card!!
airways1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2004, 03:16 PM   #23

pakpoomania is flying under the radar
Great, Airways1 !!!

But many times, I find it's hard for me to steal some large cards and I need to pretend that I incidentally grab it from the pocket seat.

Qantas Airways' B744 safety instruction card is really large with plastic cover. It is even bigger than the size of inflight magazine... Fortunately, no one saw me taking it out of the aircraft at all...
pakpoomania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2004, 05:34 PM   #24
Second Officer

Dutch Dave is a good contributorDutch Dave is a good contributorDutch Dave is a good contributorDutch Dave is a good contributorDutch Dave is a good contributorDutch Dave is a good contributorDutch Dave is a good contributorDutch Dave is a good contributorDutch Dave is a good contributorDutch Dave is a good contributorDutch Dave is a good contributor
I always watch the safety announcement and check the card at the sametime and I make sure the cabin crew know that I've watched it espeically if they have to stand there and do it, because I've always got better cabin service i.e an extra drink or sandwich on a short haul flight and if its a long haul flight my glass is always kept full. Try it on your next flight and see.
Old 11-07-2004, 06:11 PM   #25

Colin Edison is flying under the radar
Quote:
Originally Posted by airways1
I watch the video and steal the card!!
Watch the video, but about stealing the card, nah~ Because some of them are very dirty and old~ Can't find some new one~ Especially when I am in a B732 or something like that~ Those safety cards are old~
Colin Edison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2004, 06:26 PM   #26

davidrund is flying under the radar
I don't really need to look at the safety card since I'm almost always on the same airline (American Airlines) and the same plane (MD-80 (Super 80)).
davidrund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2004, 12:14 PM   #27

wings of gold is flying under the radar
nah........ all the safety cards/ movies/ demo are rubbish. they're all the same for all airlines/aircraft. if you are a first time flyer (and afraid of flying), you might one to pay attention on those safety things. the only things in the pocket seat that I pay attention most is the magazine. it's kind of bored waiting for the aircraft to be pushed for taxiing to the runway.
wings of gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2004, 02:35 AM   #28
Second Officer

andre is flying under the radar
I don't really pay attention to them. I start to read the safety card when I get bored.

andre is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: