Database, where are you? - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Ground Control > General Squawk Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 01-31-2021, 10:18 AM   #1
Puddle Jumper

tropicalista is flying under the radar
Database, where are you?

Hello to all members of Wings900, I state that I am new to the forum for some time I follow the database where I must say that it has often given indications on model manufacturers, and on relase. To date I have learned that the database is stopped. Why is the core of the site stopped? and above all from time immemorial it has stopped. Many models I was looking for in 1/400 are not present, and many new releases in other scales.
What's the problem? What can be done to get the database back up and running? in case you can export what it contains (if this database is now dead) and update the info on a new one? ... and then obviously update it. I think without a database this site is very neutered.
Ah, and to note that the site is graphically stopped at 8-10 years ago compared to the average of the sites.
Are those who deal with this aware of it?
In case you can ask for help for a consultation or help to update everything.
Thanks a lot to who will give me an answer.
tropicalista is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-31-2021, 02:08 PM   #2
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby
Re: Database, where are you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tropicalista View Post
Hello to all members of Wings900, I state that I am new to the forum for some time I follow the database where I must say that it has often given indications on model manufacturers, and on relase. To date I have learned that the database is stopped. Why is the core of the site stopped? and above all from time immemorial it has stopped. Many models I was looking for in 1/400 are not present, and many new releases in other scales.
What's the problem? What can be done to get the database back up and running? in case you can export what it contains (if this database is now dead) and update the info on a new one? ... and then obviously update it. I think without a database this site is very neutered.
Ah, and to note that the site is graphically stopped at 8-10 years ago compared to the average of the sites.
Ciao and welcome here.
Good you have faced the problem because the lack of a working database is, maybe, the main Wings900 problem. And the missing database was also the main reason because many members abandoned Wings900, many important members who literally created the website giving a fundamental contribution to our hobby.
Unfortunately, after a period of troubles and complaints regarding this important missing just few months after the DB lack, the argument ended up in oblivion despite several attempts to make it important to the "eyes" of the various site owners (me too!).
At the end, like all things, a fundamental thing like the DB seems to have been forgotten.
Very sad.

Leisure airlines lover
Desperately needing: Blue Panorama B737W, neos B737 MAX8/B737W, easyJet A320neo/A321neo, Blue Air B737 MAX8/B737W, Enter Air B737 MAX8/B737W, Malta Air B737 MAX8, Ryanair B737 MAX8, Buzz B737 MAX8, Volotea A320/A319, Laudamotion A320, AlbaStar B737W, Jet2holidays B737W/B757W, ITA Airways A319, Vueling A319, TAP A319, Ukraine International B737W, SkyUp B737W, PLAY A321, Air Serbia A319, SkyExpress A320neo, Ural Airlines A320, Nordwind A321/B737W, Nordstar B737W, Rossiya A319/A320/B737W, Pobeda B737W, UTAir B737W, Kenya Airways B737W, Ethiopian Airlines B737 MAX8, Air Arabia A320, FlyOne A320, Tus Airways A320, LATAM A320, Avianca A320, Aerolineas Argentinas B737W, Southwest B737 MAX8/B737W, Volaris A319/A320, Nouvelair A320, SATA Dash 8-400, Air Europa B737W, Israir A320, JetTime B737-700WL.

Last edited by Charter; 01-31-2021 at 02:13 PM.
Charter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2021, 02:24 PM   #3
Puddle Jumper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charter View Post
Quote:
Ciao and welcome here.
Good you have faced the problem because the lack of a working database is, maybe, the main Wings900 problem. And the missing database was also the main reason because many members abandoned Wings900, many important members who literally created the website giving a fundamental contribution to our hobby.
Unfortunately, after a period of troubles and complaints regarding this important missing just few months after the DB lack, the argument ended up in oblivion despite several attempts to make it important to the "eyes" of the various site owners (me too!).
At the end, like all things, a fundamental thing like the DB seems to have been forgotten.
Very sad.
Why the members have forget the database question?
I'm sure that it's the core of this site/forum/community, and without all this have so much less sense. A point of force it's that have so much old models, and now put the newest it's a big Valor, also the value of the models now it's not actual, can we do something?
And now the users have in their hearth the dB? Because it's so much important!
Who it's the boss of the site? And what it's the dB problem? Because I don't think that it's so much hard to put the dB on the right side. It's a money question? And there are so much software today with no so much money that can do this!

Old 01-31-2021, 02:38 PM   #4
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Why the members have forget the database question?
I'm sure that it's the core of this site/forum/community, and without all this have so much less sense. A point of force it's that have so much old models, and now put the newest it's a big Valor, also the value of the models now it's not actual, can we do something?
And now the users have in their hearth the dB? Because it's so much important!
Who it's the boss of the site? And what it's the dB problem? Because I don't think that it's so much hard to put the dB on the right side. It's a money question? And there are so much software today with no so much money that can do this!
I really don't know and don't understand.
At a certain period i don't remember who even proposed to put money among collectors to create a new, working database, but even this offer/proposal went wrong. I was agree to participate for a new DB, but only if the owners were explaining us which was the problem and if there was a problem.
Honestly speaking i don't know the cost of a new DB for a site like this, but i know that Wings900 earns enough money also thanks to our contribution.
Even Herpa knows some of us are an important part of "airplanes models collecting" world, despite some detractors continue to deny.
In the last years i was the only "insane" to propose the problem again in several occasions, but almost nobody was interested.
Very sad.

Leisure airlines lover
Desperately needing: Blue Panorama B737W, neos B737 MAX8/B737W, easyJet A320neo/A321neo, Blue Air B737 MAX8/B737W, Enter Air B737 MAX8/B737W, Malta Air B737 MAX8, Ryanair B737 MAX8, Buzz B737 MAX8, Volotea A320/A319, Laudamotion A320, AlbaStar B737W, Jet2holidays B737W/B757W, ITA Airways A319, Vueling A319, TAP A319, Ukraine International B737W, SkyUp B737W, PLAY A321, Air Serbia A319, SkyExpress A320neo, Ural Airlines A320, Nordwind A321/B737W, Nordstar B737W, Rossiya A319/A320/B737W, Pobeda B737W, UTAir B737W, Kenya Airways B737W, Ethiopian Airlines B737 MAX8, Air Arabia A320, FlyOne A320, Tus Airways A320, LATAM A320, Avianca A320, Aerolineas Argentinas B737W, Southwest B737 MAX8/B737W, Volaris A319/A320, Nouvelair A320, SATA Dash 8-400, Air Europa B737W, Israir A320, JetTime B737-700WL.

Last edited by Charter; 01-31-2021 at 02:41 PM.
Old 01-31-2021, 02:53 PM   #5
Puddle Jumper

But why?
So much people and outside of this forum watch the DB, the problem it's the money? Put the dB only for the users, and put inside the "reklam" and with the wires can have money, or put a quote, like 5 euro/year for watch.
But for start, what it's the problem of the dB?
I have seen that it's stopped since 2016.
Now in 4 years so much things are changed!
And why the users don't have interests to have the dB?
Old 01-31-2021, 03:44 PM   #6
The Dark Side

Quote:
But why?
So much people and outside of this forum watch the DB, the problem it's the money? Put the dB only for the users, and put inside the "reklam" and with the wires can have money, or put a quote, like 5 euro/year for watch.
But for start, what it's the problem of the dB?
I have seen that it's stopped since 2016.
Now in 4 years so much things are changed!
And why the users don't have interests to have the dB?
Like all things with a "memory" (WWII, Chernobyl, now Covid-19 pandemic) when people who lived the experience pass away or no more live the situation (like a forum) everything ends up in oblivion and Is forgotten.
When i joined Wings900 forum its DB was the core, along with senior members and collectors who created and were part of the "Bible of airplane models collecting world"!
And they were proud of their hobby and especially of being part of a great database.
Then everything went wrong and i can tell you a landmark: mmu69, a great German collector taking care of the 1:500 models database with a unique perfection, told us all "i will stop to join Wings900 until a new database Will work". Well, about 6 years passed from his abandone and statement and nothing has changes. Something Is changes: many other important members abandoned and the newbies, like all people without a "memory" of what Wings900 was with a working database, don't care about its missing.
Maybe It was a mistake of the senior members because we could have some something more or struggle for a new DB...
You can shout as loud as you want and can, but if there aren't enough people shouting with you asking for a new DB, because they don't care or because they are newbies and don't know Wings900 life with a working DB or simply because they say "there Is a working DB at those websites..." your/our efforts are unuseful and even a bit ridiculous.

Leisure airlines lover

Last edited by Charter; 01-31-2021 at 03:56 PM.
Old 01-31-2021, 04:18 PM   #7
Senior Captain

Speedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobby

Isn't that topic as old as the bible ? The site owners don't want an updated DB, they dont want to invest and they never cared about the DB....so that is to put it in a nutshell.
Speedbird 001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2021, 05:38 PM   #8
Puddle Jumper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedbird 001 View Post
Isn't that topic as old as the bible ? The site owners don't want an updated DB, they dont want to invest and they never cared about the DB....so that is to put it in a nutshell.
Ok, but if still the problems why we can not do something for change?
It's a hardware problem? Ok, explane the problem and let's try to solve.
It's a software problem? I think that today there are so much database, and one it's sure perfect for us!
It's a money problem? I think that if there are a site there are money that entry, and if you have a good site more money are coming in, if you have the best site, you have money and popularity!
The site now it's... "Old and ugly".
The u.i. it's really unfriendly.
The grafic...you want really talk about it?
The support of mobile device app not exist.
The times are changed, the world are evolving and if you have a site, you must take care of it!

For you it's enough this site now? You enjoy it now or you prefer before?
Old 01-31-2021, 07:28 PM   #9
RJ Second Officer

AeroPro is flying under the radar

There is a huge story to how this site was ruined (before the current owners).. all will be revealed one day..

For now, www.diecastmodelaircraft.com is where you go for your database needs.. 43000 models and counting.. updated nearly daily..
AeroPro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2021, 08:20 PM   #10
First Officer

bahamut_zero is a top dogbahamut_zero is a top dogbahamut_zero is a top dogbahamut_zero is a top dogbahamut_zero is a top dogbahamut_zero is a top dogbahamut_zero is a top dogbahamut_zero is a top dogbahamut_zero is a top dogbahamut_zero is a top dogbahamut_zero is a top dog

I remember that I tried contributing some of my model to the DB but there is some processes about about iploading a picture that I cannot understand. O i iust gave up.
bahamut_zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 02:52 AM   #11
Puddle Jumper

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroPro View Post
There is a huge story to how this site was ruined (before the current owners).. all will be revealed one day..

For now, www.diecastmodelaircraft.com is where you go for your database needs.. 43000 models and counting.. updated nearly daily..
let to feel free to say now, it's not a problem.
But if there was some mestake, i think that it's the right time to make better the situation, you don't think so?

Dima, it's another beautiful site, but, i think that if you search the first choice it's always wings900. it's not a case, because this was the best site.
It's not the time for replace the things in the natual way?
and to push the owners to make again the DB on?
Old 02-01-2021, 02:53 AM   #12
Puddle Jumper

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahamut_zero View Post
I remember that I tried contributing some of my model to the DB but there is some processes about about iploading a picture that I cannot understand. O i iust gave up.
it's not user friendly, because i think was an old version..
Old 02-01-2021, 04:39 AM   #13
Senior Captain

Speedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Ok, but if still the problems why we can not do something for change?
It's a hardware problem? Ok, explane the problem and let's try to solve.
It's a software problem? I think that today there are so much database, and one it's sure perfect for us!
It's a money problem? I think that if there are a site there are money that entry, and if you have a good site more money are coming in, if you have the best site, you have money and popularity!
The site now it's... "Old and ugly".
The u.i. it's really unfriendly.
The grafic...you want really talk about it?
The support of mobile device app not exist.
The times are changed, the world are evolving and if you have a site, you must take care of it!

For you it's enough this site now? You enjoy it now or you prefer before?
As mentioned, it is not about what you, Charter, I or anyone else thinks.
We are not the owners of the site....we are users (only).
Old 02-01-2021, 04:44 AM   #14
Puddle Jumper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedbird 001 View Post
As mentioned, it is not about what you, Charter, I or anyone else thinks.
We are not the owners of the site....we are users (only).
Exactly, we users make the fate of the site, don't you think?
If a site has no users, it makes no sense to exist.
The owners (who are they? Can't you name them? Name them? So maybe they too can intervene ...)
You as a user can have your say, and make your voice heard, knowing what this site can be, with this surrender attitude of yours, then we close everything, we do not take steps forward ... better to fight to have the right, since it is in everyone's interest, don't you think?
both of the site managers and of the users.
Old 02-01-2021, 04:57 AM   #15
Senior Captain

Quote:
Exactly, we users make the fate of the site, don't you think?
If a site has no users, it makes no sense to exist.
The owners (who are they? Can't you name them? Name them? So maybe they too can intervene ...)
You as a user can have your say, and make your voice heard, knowing what this site can be, with this surrender attitude of yours, then we close everything, we do not take steps forward ... better to fight to have the right, since it is in everyone's interest, don't you think?
both of the site managers and of the users.
No, I don't think so....as otherwise this site would have either been dead totally or updated. It is not a surrender attitude and I leave that optimism you have to the fact that you are new to this site. What exactly can you change to a website if you dont like it ? If the owners (whichever site it is) dont want, nothing will change...period.

Write to the owners, you can contact them via this section, I think it was vs-admin or something like this.

I for one dont care, I can live without the DB on this site. It would be of course nice to have it back, but why bother about things which wouldnt change anyway. Have enough other stuff to bother than this...it is a hobby for me, not a sense of life.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: