Database, where are you? - Page 3 - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Ground Control > General Squawk Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 02-03-2021, 12:57 PM   #31
RJ Second Officer

AeroPro is flying under the radar
Re: Database, where are you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tropicalista View Post
maybe we (users) can write to the owner, and they will listen us... or can give us answer about the future projects of this community.
There are 0 future projects for this community. I don't think people understand this. It has been nearly 11 years since the owners sold the site. since then $0 has been invested.

Seach all the threads here and on DAC for those asking about "status of the database". Not once has any admin of any company owning this site been able to say they will fix stuff.

This is NOT run by hobbyists, it is run by a company. This site is a Business. There will NOT be any more development or updates. Eventually, the users will dry up and they will shut it down. Until then they'll take in what revenue they can.

Nothing is going to change here.. case closed.
AeroPro is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-03-2021, 01:06 PM   #32
Senior Captain

Speedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroPro View Post
There are 0 future projects for this community. I don't think people understand this. It has been nearly 11 years since the owners sold the site. since then $0 has been invested.

Seach all the threads here and on DAC for those asking about "status of the database". Not once has any admin of any company owning this site been able to say they will fix stuff.

This is NOT run by hobbyists, it is run by a company. This site is a Business. There will NOT be any more development or updates. Eventually, the users will dry up and they will shut it down. Until then they'll take in what revenue they can.

Nothing is going to change here.. case closed.

Exactly what I said initially....but I was told I have a compliant behaviour.

I think that picture says it more or less....it's not mine, but it really reflects what I told tropicalista. It is not that I am not interested, I simply cant change it.

If I wish I can fly, I also cant, even if I want it soooo desperately.
Attached Thumbnails
Database, where are you?-5fbb8ddc2c7da219dc946a563f39e74d.jpg  
Speedbird 001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 01:10 PM   #33
Senior Captain

Speedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobby

This site is dead for the DB, but it is not dead for chatting in the forums or about models. But it is and will remain "old school" like it is, I totally agree with AeroPro. Nothing has happened ever since and this is what it will be most likely for the rest of times with this site...funny though is that DIMA has a great DB (minor missing models only and it is usually quite speedy with updates) the forums there are less used then on DAC or W900. Dont know if that is only my perception or if others noticed same.

Old 02-03-2021, 02:40 PM   #34
RJ Second Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedbird 001 View Post
.funny though is that DIMA has a great DB (minor missing models only and it is usually quite speedy with updates) the forums there are less used then on DAC or W900. Dont know if that is only my perception or if others noticed same.
Yes it is rather odd. Dima is on the cutting edge of forum upgrades and recently added features to their db and automated want list search. And they actually respond to people asking questions about the site.

Yet people still congregate here...possibly because its known and familiar. Dima is a great place, more people should go over there and post.
Old 02-04-2021, 11:32 AM   #35
Puddle Jumper

tropicalista is flying under the radar

Dima, it seems more updated to me too, and there are many models on the site. Only that even in research it never comes out as a first alternative, currently I always have wings900, and many are based on this site, and I believed and believe that it is the site of excellence, and since I have a passion for aircraft models do my part to get this site back to its former glory, as I have used it too and use it with its database.
tropicalista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 04:02 PM   #36
RJ Second Officer

Quote:
Dima, it seems more updated to me too, and there are many models on the site. Only that even in research it never comes out as a first alternative, currently I always have wings900, and many are based on this site, and I believed and believe that it is the site of excellence, and since I have a passion for aircraft models do my part to get this site back to its former glory, as I have used it too and use it with its database.
May the force be with you.
Old 02-05-2021, 05:09 AM   #37
Puddle Jumper

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroPro View Post
May the force be with you.
i hope so much
Old 04-02-2021, 06:42 PM   #38
Earning My Wings

Liberando is flying under the radar

This has been an interesting thread and exchange. I have not been on since 2015 when the DB really stopped working for me. Before then I was a regular (or tried to be) contributor. I was cleaning out old links and thought to check in to see if anything has changed for the better in regard to the DB. Well, as was pointed out, nothing has. Such a shame too as I thought it did a nice job when it worked.

I wish you all well and good collecting.
Liberando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 11:34 AM   #39
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberando View Post
This has been an interesting thread and exchange. I have not been on since 2015 when the DB really stopped working for me. Before then I was a regular (or tried to be) contributor. I was cleaning out old links and thought to check in to see if anything has changed for the better in regard to the DB. Well, as was pointed out, nothing has. Such a shame too as I thought it did a nice job when it worked.

I wish you all well and good collecting.
Good afternoon.
Very sad post, real and sad: if i was one of the owners, reading posts like this would make me sad too, and i would begin to reflect about how many problems a missing database can create.
But i am not one of the owners so posts like this will unfortunately remain dust in the wind...

Charter airlines lover
I desperately want...all charter airlines still missing!

Primera, Monarch, airberlin, XL Airways France, Germania, Small Planet, WOW, Aigle Azur, Sterling, Thomas Cook, Adria, Air Italy/Meridiana, Level, FlyBe, SunExpress Germany, Niki-Laudamotion, JetTime, Montenegro Airlines, CSA...R.I.P.
The sky is not the same without you!
Charter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 05:03 AM   #40
Puddle Jumper

Ihave writed so many times to the proriety of the site... but NEVER i have seen a aswer. It's so strange.
Old 04-06-2021, 06:36 AM   #41
Senior Captain

Quote:
Ihave writed so many times to the proriety of the site... but NEVER i have seen a aswer. It's so strange.
Recall somehow I told you before, but was called to have a too compliant behaviour....

It is DEAD and remains DEAD. There will not be a new DB on this site, never ever. Period.
Old 05-01-2021, 01:06 PM   #42
Master ATP Captain

lollomz is a top doglollomz is a top doglollomz is a top doglollomz is a top doglollomz is a top doglollomz is a top doglollomz is a top doglollomz is a top doglollomz is a top doglollomz is a top doglollomz is a top dog

https://www.diecastmodelaircraft.com/ the best available database online !

lollomz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 09:41 AM   #43
Puddle Jumper

Unluckly after some messages to the owner, i have never had an answer.... really really sad.
Old 06-23-2021, 09:45 AM   #44
Senior Captain

Quote:
Unluckly after some messages to the owner, i have never had an answer.... really really sad.
Surprise, surprise
Old 06-23-2021, 09:49 AM   #45
Puddle Jumper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedbird 001 View Post
Surprise, surprise
Ihave tried for mounts, really... and no only one answer.... i still can belive....
i was expecting also a little answer... or only a "shut up" .... but nothing, niente, niz....

sad. Really.

I had more aspectations about the owner of this site.....

and now... also me i can say....

the database it's death... now i really think like you.

sad story.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: