-tive experience w/ DiecastJets.com and GeminiJets - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Ground Control > General Squawk Talk

View Poll Results: Have you had negative experience with DiecastJets.com?
Yes 1 16.67%
No 0 0%
Never heard about them 5 83.33%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 10-19-2020, 04:46 PM   #1
Earning My Wings

zachg is flying under the radar
Exclamation -tive experience w/ DiecastJets.com and GeminiJets

Hello collectors,

This is my first post here and the reason why I am here is because I had a negative shopping experience with a GeminiJets authorized retailer called DiecastJets.com as well as with the manufacturer, GeminiJets themselves when I was forced to brought this issue directly to them.

I am a new collector, started off this year.
If you check GeminiJets official website, you'll see that DiecastJets.com is listed as their authorized retailer.

This gave me confidence that I can safely purchase my models from them.

With my second order with them I have received a damaged AeroMexico MD-83 1/200 model, with a tail wing that was barely holding on to the model.

I have sent an initial message to their email and have not received any response.
Mind you that this was April, 2020, therefore, I have assumed that due to Covid-19 they closed their offices. So, I have decided to wait.

Countless follow-up emails, including directly to their owner, Chris Kilroy, and no responses even until mid summer when everything was starting to open-up.
What enraged me was that I saw their website being updated and new models being posted, which gave me understanding that they are in the office, but are simply ignoring me, even though their company's policy stated that they will accept replacements if model is received damaged as well as having a "top-notch customer service".

Then, I have emailed GeminiJets directly using their official email found on their website.

Will Ribeiro, employee with GeminiJets, responded to me within a day asking to contact them directly with my complaint, stating that "they did respond to your concern".

I have told him that no one did. Long-story short - after two month of communicating with Will back and forth, he just ended by saying "I've not received anything back from them regarding this matter".

So, I am left with a damaged model that I can not even display because the wing is just dangling there, and a poor experience that I have received not only from a retailer who literally ignores your requests and complaints, but also from the big manufacturer, GeminiJets, who does not care whether or not their so-called "authorized" retailer does not deliver on their policies.

I hope this can help others not to suffer as a customer with such retailer and manufacturer.
Thank you.
zachg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-25-2020, 12:19 AM   #2
Earning My Wings

Re: -tive experience w/ DiecastJets.com and GeminiJets

Forgot to add that the stand for the model was also missing from the package.
Old 10-26-2020, 06:31 AM   #3
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby

Hi and welcome to Wings900 family.
Unfortunately i don't know this shop so i can't tell you how it works and its service.
But i am sad you had this bad experience, hoping you have been able to adjust the model.

Charter airlines lover
I desperately want...all charter airlines still missing!

Primera, Monarch, airberlin, XL Airways France, Germania, Small Planet, WOW, Aigle Azur, Sterling, Thomas Cook, Adria, Air Italy/Meridiana, Level, FlyBe, SunExpress Germany, Niki-Laudamotion, JetTime...R.I.P.
The sky is not the same without you!
Charter is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-26-2020, 11:36 PM   #4
Earning My Wings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charter View Post
Hi and welcome to Wings900 family.
Unfortunately i don't know this shop so i can't tell you how it works and its service.
But i am sad you had this bad experience, hoping you have been able to adjust the model.
Thank you.

I was able eventually to fix the model by myself. I was lucky that the paint on the blue stabilizer did not chip off along with the tail.
However - had the paint chip off, this would be beyond my efforts to repair it.

The other good retailer that I am working with now, DiecastAirplane.com, for instance sent me replacement for free of my iceland 752 in 1:200, which had chipped off paint on the blue fuselage.
So - there are good and reputable retailers out there and it is thanks to this forum that we can navigate which ones to avoid.

I still have to purchase a stand which I am missing.

Lastly - to all the collectors who disagree with this thread - it is your opinion, but please keep your anger to your-self towards my expression of how I have been treated by this retailer. Thank you.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: