My top four. - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Ground Control > General Squawk Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 07-25-2020, 03:16 PM   #1
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby
My top four.

Hi.
I collect many things:
- airplane models (1:500 and 1:400, 1:200 fighters)
- spaceships
- 1:43 cars
- 1:1250 cruise, military, cargo ships.
These my TOP FOUR, regarding the four categories (airplanes, ships, spaceships, cars) and, among them, the sub-categories (1:500, 1:400 and 1:200 airplanes, 1:1250 cruise, military and cargo ships).

Charter airlines lover
I desperately want...all charter airlines still missing!

Primera, Monarch, airberlin, XL Airways France, Germania, Small Planet, WOW, Aigle Azur, Sterling, Thomas Cook, Adria, Air Italy/Meridiana, Level, FlyBe, SunExpress Germany, Niki-Laudamotion, JetTime...R.I.P.
The sky is not the same without you!
Charter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-25-2020, 03:20 PM   #2
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby
Re: My top four.

Let me start with spaceships. I have many of them: Star Wars, Star Trek, Alien, Starship Troopers, Space 1999, Buck Rogers, Battlestar Galactica, Arcadia...etc.
But the best one, in my opinion, remains this:
NCC-1701 USS Enterprise.

Charter airlines lover

Primera, Monarch, airberlin, XL Airways France, Germania, Small Planet, WOW, Aigle Azur, Sterling, Thomas Cook, Adria, Air Italy/Meridiana, Level, FlyBe, SunExpress Germany, Niki-Laudamotion, JetTime...R.I.P.
Old 07-25-2020, 03:26 PM   #3
The Dark Side

Absolutely beautiful: the Enterprise is an icon of space, sci-fi, alien worlds, etc.
Star Trek is probably the most beautiful and important sci-fi series ever.
Of course i have other favourites: "Nostromo" spaceship (Alien), "Eagle" (Space 1999), "Ala-X" (Star Wars) and many other.

Charter airlines lover

Old 07-26-2020, 05:01 AM   #4
The Dark Side

About cars i have about 1500 1:43 scale pieces, all types and brand, but for me the best remains this:
Chevrolet Camaro (yellow)

In Italy it is almost impossible to have this car: roads, streets, parkings, taxes...everything impossible for this. USA is a very different country and i envy who has the possibility to own this marvellous car.

Charter airlines lover

Old 07-26-2020, 07:13 AM   #5
The Dark Side

About airplane models i want to start with 1:400 scale: there are two equal merit models
TUI Airways B757-200WL and Volotea B717

Charter airlines lover

Old 07-26-2020, 07:15 AM   #6
The Dark Side

Two beauties!

Charter airlines lover

Old 07-26-2020, 07:17 AM   #7
The Dark Side

Regarding 1:500 scale...of course
Apollo A321neo

Charter airlines lover

Old 07-26-2020, 01:22 PM   #8
The Dark Side

About 1:1250 ships i have passengers, military and cargo favourites.
"Simphony of the Seas" is my top passengers model, the largest cruise ship of the world with its 360 meters length

Military ship, the best is Arleigh Burke class destroyer

Cargo ship, the best is the giant "Emma Maersk"

Charter airlines lover

Old 07-26-2020, 01:25 PM   #9
The Dark Side

Charter airlines lover

Old 07-26-2020, 01:27 PM   #10
The Dark Side

About passenger ships i am just waiting for the arrival of this beauty, MSC Seaview

This wonderful ship could compete with Symphony of the Seas, but i still did not receive it.

Charter airlines lover

Old 07-26-2020, 01:33 PM   #11
The Dark Side

About 1:200 fighters...F-14 Tomcat, of course!

Charter airlines lover

Old 07-27-2020, 02:11 PM   #12
The Dark Side

I collect also 1:1250 scale submarines and my favourite is Soviet (than Russian) Typhoon class. Yes, not so competitive with US Navy Ohio class, but extremely beautiful and giant.

Charter airlines lover

Last edited by Charter; 07-27-2020 at 02:56 PM.
Old 07-29-2020, 03:39 PM   #13
The Dark Side

Typhoon class

A monster of beauty and destructive power even if with maneuverability.
173 meters long, 23 meters high, 25 meters large, 400 meters operational depth, 163 crew.

Charter airlines lover

Old 08-09-2020, 07:32 AM   #14
The Dark Side

Just arrived, my new number 1!
MSC Seaview

Charter airlines lover

Old 08-09-2020, 10:10 AM   #15
Captain

Speedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobby

Nice Cargo Ship, Ale. Meanwhile the Giant is no more a Giant.
Emma 'Maersk was new in 2007 and had a nominal capacity of 11.000TEU (though we had voyages with more. Recall a "celebrated" top voyage which left with 15.010TEU).
But compared to todays capacities she comes along rather small.
The just recently launched HMM Algeciras for example has almost 24.000TEU's nominal capacity.

But at least Emma still looks nice than those ships of today. Not a fan of the Bridge at the front and these ugly funnels to be honest.
Speedbird 001 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: