Database: time to restart it? - Page 2 - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Ground Control > General Squawk Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 06-08-2020, 09:17 AM   #16
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby
Re: Database: time to restart it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by levideson102 View Post
Reworking the collection page for users to display their models would be great, but overall the forum needs some reworking. Feels quite outdated compared many Avsim forums I visit. It could certainly help breathe new life into the whole community.
Well said Niklas.

Charter airlines lover
I desperately want...all charter airlines still missing!

Primera, Monarch, airberlin, XL Airways France, Germania, Small Planet, WOW, Aigle Azur, Sterling, Thomas Cook, Adria, Air Italy/Meridiana, Level, FlyBe, SunExpress Germany, Niki-Laudamotion, JetTime, Montenegro Airlines, CSA...R.I.P.
The sky is not the same without you!
Charter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-18-2020, 10:48 PM   #17
Wings900 Team Member

ahsan24 is an excellent contributorahsan24 is an excellent contributorahsan24 is an excellent contributorahsan24 is an excellent contributorahsan24 is an excellent contributorahsan24 is an excellent contributorahsan24 is an excellent contributorahsan24 is an excellent contributorahsan24 is an excellent contributorahsan24 is an excellent contributorahsan24 is an excellent contributor

I used to update the DB a few years ago, since then hands changed. HobbyDb once owned but they quickly moved away from it. I even offered HobbyDB if they were interested to sell the site, but was negative. I have my collection on DIMA, but I like the wings DB as it doesn't waste real estate and also like the filtering better, may be DIMA has these features and I haven't accessed in a while. If the site owner interested to revive the DB, I'm certain there is a way to do that.
On Approach: Nothing scheduled...
Just Landed: Ethiopian Airlines 737 Max
Links: Collection on Flickr MyCollection Collection Photo Thread

ahsan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 07:11 AM   #18
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahsan24 View Post
I used to update the DB a few years ago, since then hands changed. HobbyDb once owned but they quickly moved away from it. I even offered HobbyDB if they were interested to sell the site, but was negative. I have my collection on DIMA, but I like the wings DB as it doesn't waste real estate and also like the filtering better, may be DIMA has these features and I haven't accessed in a while. If the site owner interested to revive the DB, I'm certain there is a way to do that.
YOU'RE A GREAT COLLECTOR AND A GREAT MAN! In fact i was thinking to few people, you one of them for this difficult job.
I HOPE THE OWNERS WILL TAKE THIS OPPORTUNITY TO MAKE WINGS900 GREAT AGAIN, WITH A FULL WORKING DATABASE!!!

Charter airlines lover

Primera, Monarch, airberlin, XL Airways France, Germania, Small Planet, WOW, Aigle Azur, Sterling, Thomas Cook, Adria, Air Italy/Meridiana, Level, FlyBe, SunExpress Germany, Niki-Laudamotion, JetTime, Montenegro Airlines, CSA...R.I.P.

Old 06-19-2020, 09:00 AM   #19
Admin

DutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobby

Then write them. I've done it countless of times..

My Amsterdam Schiphol in 1:500: http://www.wings900.com/vb/model-air...l-airport.html
DutchCollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 02:25 PM   #20
The Dark Side

Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchCollector View Post
Then write them. I've done it countless of times..
What's the address? "Wings900 Gods, Olympus Mount..." i don't remember the house number.

Charter airlines lover

Old 06-19-2020, 03:16 PM   #21
Admin

DutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobby

There's a section in the team member forum. I don't have any other contact details from VS

My Amsterdam Schiphol in 1:500: http://www.wings900.com/vb/model-air...l-airport.html
DutchCollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 03:22 PM   #22
The Dark Side

Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchCollector View Post
There's a section in the team member forum. I don't have any other contact details from VS
Was just a joke Thom. I know, i wrote them many times for the more different things but they really seem to live "out of Earth" because never answered.

Charter airlines lover

Old 07-04-2020, 10:59 AM   #23
RJ Captain

777-200ER is an excellent contributor777-200ER is an excellent contributor777-200ER is an excellent contributor777-200ER is an excellent contributor777-200ER is an excellent contributor777-200ER is an excellent contributor777-200ER is an excellent contributor777-200ER is an excellent contributor777-200ER is an excellent contributor777-200ER is an excellent contributor777-200ER is an excellent contributor
I think it would be lovely to have a working database. DiMA works fine but having it all in the same place would make life a bit easier and more satisfying. Whether its practical I'm not sure, seems like an awful lot of work.
Old 07-07-2020, 09:30 AM   #24
Earning My Wings

TomDowdican is flying under the radar

I am still new and getting familiar with the forum and I have a small collection being a newbie, I so far need to add at least 6 aircraft to the database.
TomDowdican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2020, 02:29 PM   #25
RJ Second Officer

AeroPro is flying under the radar

Quote:
Originally Posted by 777-200ER View Post
I think it would be lovely to have a working database. DiMA works fine but having it all in the same place would make life a bit easier and more satisfying. Whether its practical I'm not sure, seems like an awful lot of work.
It is clear the owners of this forum/database will never upgrade, resurrect or fix the current DB. If you think they will, you've been drinking the kool-aid for far too long.

Wouldn't it make more sense to take the conversations and discussions to Dima? they've got a working database and a working forum. So why is everyone so skittish about discussing things over there when they have it all?
AeroPro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2020, 04:43 PM   #26
The Dark Side

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomDowdican View Post
I am still new and getting familiar with the forum and I have a small collection being a newbie, I so far need to add at least 6 aircraft to the database.
Welcome here friend.
Even with just 6 model you...can't add them, because Wings900 has not a database. Shameful, don't you think?
Anyway, happy collecting.

Charter airlines lover

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: