Life at Covid-19 time. - Page 4 - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Ground Control > General Squawk Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 05-04-2020, 12:21 PM   #46
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby
Re: Life at Covid-19 time.

US Secretary Mike Pompeo said USA have evidences Covid-19 "escaped" by Wuhan laboratory.
Honestly speaking i start to think the virus came out of the laboratory in Wuhan and that China is starting to "buy" all the debts of the countries of the world (not only Africa) but i hope they will not be the same fake "evidences" of Saddam Hussein bacteriological weapons, starting a war that destabilized the entire north Africa region, creating millions of refugees!
This photo is emblematic...

I hope Mr. Pompeo and President Trump will not make the same stupid thing of President Bush and Colin Powell!

Charter airlines lover
I desperately want...all charter airlines still missing!

Primera, Monarch, airberlin, XL Airways France, Germania, Small Planet, WOW, Aigle Azur, Sterling, Thomas Cook, Adria, Air Italy/Meridiana, Level, FlyBe, SunExpress Germany, Niki-Laudamotion, JetTime, Montenegro Airlines, CSA...R.I.P.
The sky is not the same without you!
Charter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-13-2020, 07:09 AM   #47
Як-40 Капитан

LOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobby
Strange times indeed.

Personally I don't like delving into conspiracy theories, most of them are EASILY debunkaed using some knowledge and rationality. Unfortunately both all of a sudden are in short supply all around of a sudden, leaving me quite frustrated. Guess with the TP shortage, knowledge and rationality make perfect substitutes for TP... It is fun watching folks hack Brother Stair's HF broadcasts though on shortwave. Just hope I can get stuff set up in a less noisy area so i can hear more.

One thing that comes up while talking with former coworkers from the plant is the fact that may have been lucky to have been laid off when we were (November, though paid up to December before we were officially gone. Company was consolidating production, and shut our plant.) With almost all of our product headed to the PRC via Costa Rica, no doubt it would have piled up and folks would have been let go with just 2 weeks pay instead of the really nice severance package that we got (especially the older folks, many of which quickly found employment. So over a year's pay and still making a steady paycheck at a new place! Very happy for them!) Heard folks in our other plants got laid off a few weeks ago, no doubt due to plants needing to idle since the cell phone plants in China got shut down, not to mention the facilities which moduleize what we made before it got to our customers.

Even more so, thankful I managed to pay off my car before those last paychecks, so I have enough to stay steady, and cover needs and some wants (though I'm trying not to go to stores too often, nor order non essential things off of Amazon for now.)

Job hunting has gone strangely. Had interviews changed to Skype interviews at the last moment. Had another where we were confused on whatbto do since most interview protocol got tossed in the trash all of a sudden. Most of my work experience and degree works in Defense related stuff, so a lot of hiring here for that as of late, so lucky that I'm able to get phone calls.

I honestly dont know what to say on reopening or keeping things closed. Honestly strikes me as one of those, and pardon my language as "****ed if we do, ****ed if we don't" situations.

Seeing Shanghai Disney reopened, albeit with very strong restrictions is an encouraging sign, though I have serious doubts how well it will work in Disney World. CMs tend to get assaulted badly for trying to get folks to follow simple procedures on a regular basis as it is. I'm hearing that soon annual pass holders will have to make reservations if they want to enter the parks. Hopefully the sit down restaurants will still be able to take folks in. Been wanting to take my mother to the restaurant in EPCOT's France.
LOT 737-300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 02:41 PM   #48
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby

Covid-19 re-started in Europe, while in some countries like USA, India, Brazil seems never finished. Just from China we haven't news, it is like if Covid-19 disappeared from that country.
Today in Italy there are 4.500 cases with 22 dead: hospitals start to be full again while intensive care beds are still ready to help people.
All Europe is in fire again, with Belgium, France, UK and Spain facing with new lockdowns.
Here in Rome people continue not to wear masks...but we are in Italy, laws and rules are made to be avoided! Disgusting.

Charter airlines lover

Primera, Monarch, airberlin, XL Airways France, Germania, Small Planet, WOW, Aigle Azur, Sterling, Thomas Cook, Adria, Air Italy/Meridiana, Level, FlyBe, SunExpress Germany, Niki-Laudamotion, JetTime, Montenegro Airlines, CSA...R.I.P.

Old 10-08-2020, 04:09 PM   #49
Master ATP Captain

vince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobby

That's the problem all over the world,for some reason some people completely disregard the advice about wearing masks and carry on as normal plus when you add a few drinks common sense goes straight out the window...

Edit: When i say common sense it's not as though there's a lot around these day's anyway!....

1939 - 2011

Last edited by vince1159; 10-08-2020 at 04:13 PM.
vince1159 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 04:16 PM   #50
The Dark Side

Quote:
Originally Posted by vince1159 View Post
That's the problem all over the world,for some reason some people completely disregard the advice about wearing masks and carry on as normal plus when you add a few drinks common sense goes straight out the window...
...and, here in Italy (i don't know if even in other countries) there are hypocritical "scientists" (in the sense of "big brain") telling "people must have the freedom not to wear mask, we can't be a robot-society where everyone wears mask".
Is it normal for you, my friend? And if instead of Covid-19 the next virus will be Ebola or Smallpox, the people without mask and the various freedoms would be accepted???

Charter airlines lover

Old 10-09-2020, 06:41 PM   #51
Planes Maniac ;-)

OD-ZIAD is flying under the radarOD-ZIAD is flying under the radar

you should come and see the situation in the middle east . i live in lebanon
most people dont wear masks...or they wear it on chin, nose out ,forehead

still good portion of people including me wear masks each time i go out ... clean well my hands and face once am back home.. keep shoes outside since i got pets. i stopped using gloves or clean each time after buying it... and got used not to touch my head mouth nose eyes a lot

think media played a big role in covid-19... during Feb-june it was very scary just to be out of our homes while patient numbers were too little

now it is the opposite... covid-19 cases are increasing and people got accustomed to live with it. we dont have the fear of it as before

for example: my brother in law discovered by chance he got covid-19 while doing a blood test. had no real symptoms at all - only sneezing and caughing plus slightly fever. since he is a priest he thought it was fatigue . neither my sister nor his children got infected.. also us at home we had dinner with him before knowing he got it... none of us had covid-19

another cousin got cancer - living with one kidney - many health problems caught the disease. it was hard for one week and that was it

strange most of people in lebanon at least are not showing much symptoms or recover fast -still got many dead though.

for now i keep on taking Vit. D capsules - omega 3 - Vit C a little and drink lot of black Tea - very good for immunity and dealing with viruses. no wonder why nomads living in the area had no infections as tea is like water to them
Old 10-10-2020, 05:46 AM   #52
The Dark Side

Quote:
Originally Posted by OD-ZIAD View Post
you should come and see the situation in the middle east . i live in lebanon
most people dont wear masks...or they wear it on chin, nose out ,forehead

still good portion of people including me wear masks each time i go out ... clean well my hands and face once am back home.. keep shoes outside since i got pets. i stopped using gloves or clean each time after buying it... and got used not to touch my head mouth nose eyes a lot

think media played a big role in covid-19... during Feb-june it was very scary just to be out of our homes while patient numbers were too little

now it is the opposite... covid-19 cases are increasing and people got accustomed to live with it. we dont have the fear of it as before

for example: my brother in law discovered by chance he got covid-19 while doing a blood test. had no real symptoms at all - only sneezing and caughing plus slightly fever. since he is a priest he thought it was fatigue . neither my sister nor his children got infected.. also us at home we had dinner with him before knowing he got it... none of us had covid-19

another cousin got cancer - living with one kidney - many health problems caught the disease. it was hard for one week and that was it

strange most of people in lebanon at least are not showing much symptoms or recover fast -still got many dead though.

for now i keep on taking Vit. D capsules - omega 3 - Vit C a little and drink lot of black Tea - very good for immunity and dealing with viruses. no wonder why nomads living in the area had no infections as tea is like water to them
Interesting reading that. It depende on the viral load of the person who has Covid and with which we enter in contact.
The problem of the population "mask-related stress"...i can't imagine if the next pandemic will be caused by a monster like Ebola!

Charter airlines lover

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: