In your home city do postmen steal parcels? - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Ground Control > General Squawk Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 02-12-2020, 04:23 PM   #1
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby
In your home city do postmen steal parcels?

Hi.
I have a question for you: in your home cities do postmen steal parcels?
Here in Rome the answer is YES! A postman stole two parcels to me and more parcels to other people.
A spaceship model (Starship Troopers "Roger Young") and a military ship model (USS Farragut - Arleigh Burke class), both with a tracking number and both delivered by Italian Post and not by courier; these two parcels were signed as "delivered" while i never received them.
So i made some research and, going with the wheelchair to my central post office, there wasn't signature but just a doodle! When i receive a package i put my signature (name and surname) while when i am not at home there is the concierge and she put her signature with name and surname too, adding a stamp.
But i am sitting on wheelchair since November 2019 so the postman should make like the couriers, leave the mail to me or to the concierge.
So it was clear that the postman stole the two packages so i made a report to the Police.
It seems that the same postman stole other packages to other people...
...this is Italy and Rome in particular, an "open air sewer from all points of view"!
Is it the same in your countries/cities?

Charter airlines lover
I desperately want...all charter airlines still missing!

Primera, Monarch, airberlin, XL Airways France, Germania, Small Planet, WOW, Aigle Azur, Sterling, Thomas Cook, Adria, Air Italy/Meridiana, Level, FlyBe, SunExpress Germany, Niki-Laudamotion, JetTime, Montenegro Airlines, CSA...R.I.P.
The sky is not the same without you!
Charter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-12-2020, 06:20 PM   #2
Wings of Wool

sheepxs is a good contributorsheepxs is a good contributorsheepxs is a good contributorsheepxs is a good contributorsheepxs is a good contributorsheepxs is a good contributorsheepxs is a good contributorsheepxs is a good contributorsheepxs is a good contributorsheepxs is a good contributorsheepxs is a good contributor
Re: In your home city do postmen steal parcels?

I think it is more a problem of big cities with all the anonymity....the smaller the city the more you know the people, including the postman,....as for germany...from time to time you read something in the newspaper about post-employees stealing letters and packages but it is usually in big cities.....in my little town of 100k people i've never heard about stealing post-employees but i'm sure one or two black sheep do exist here too
Old 02-12-2020, 08:04 PM   #3
RJ First Officer

SandborgAirport is a diecast iconSandborgAirport is a diecast iconSandborgAirport is a diecast iconSandborgAirport is a diecast iconSandborgAirport is a diecast iconSandborgAirport is a diecast iconSandborgAirport is a diecast iconSandborgAirport is a diecast iconSandborgAirport is a diecast iconSandborgAirport is a diecast iconSandborgAirport is a diecast icon

There was a period when a lot of my post was going missing. Once our postman changed the service was much better.

However I also had a problem with buyers of my things on eBay reporting that the item didn’t arrive. Once I insisted on only shipping with tracking and signature required I’ve never had a model reported missing. I don’t know if it was their postman or they are just trying to cheat me and PayPal.
SandborgAirport is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-13-2020, 03:37 AM   #4
Sympathy for the devil 😈

Wingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobby

I don’t think it’s a common practice here. A much bigger issue in Brussels are lazy postmen who deliver mail to wrong adresses.

Ale, I remember seeing on tv an hidden cam footage of bagage handlers stealing from passengers bags in the cargo load of an aircraft at FCO. According to the journalist it is a very common practice in Rome

My collection: http://www.diecastmodelaircraft.com/...usselsairlines
Wingslover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 08:41 AM   #5
Selfie with bros

LeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobby

Yes, they do! Here in Brazil, these are common issues:

- Your parcel being lost. Sometimes it may be found and be delivered with a big delay (months). Sometimes it's lost forever.

- Parcels being stolen. Sometimes by the postmen, sometimes by robbers who steal the postmen during their work.

- Parcels being held for more than 2 months, awaiting custom checkings.

Fortunately for me, I've never had a stolen parcel.
I had one which was presumably lost, but popped up again a few months later and was delivered.
I also had parcels with delay up to 5 months. Really crazy stuff.
Old 02-13-2020, 10:55 AM   #6
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingslover View Post
I donít think itís a common practice here. A much bigger issue in Brussels are lazy postmen who deliver mail to wrong adresses.

Ale, I remember seeing on tv an hidden cam footage of bagage handlers stealing from passengers bags in the cargo load of an aircraft at FCO. According to the journalist it is a very common practice in Rome
I forgot my friend, you're right. Shameful and disgusting!!!

Charter airlines lover

Primera, Monarch, airberlin, XL Airways France, Germania, Small Planet, WOW, Aigle Azur, Sterling, Thomas Cook, Adria, Air Italy/Meridiana, Level, FlyBe, SunExpress Germany, Niki-Laudamotion, JetTime, Montenegro Airlines, CSA...R.I.P.
Old 02-13-2020, 10:58 AM   #7
The Dark Side

...and when a package is stolen by the postman/Italian Post resulting "delivered", even ebay can't be nothing! They (thieves postmen) are so cursed that put you in a state of helplessness because the parcel results "delivered" so nobody can help or refund you. The only thing to do is going to the Police.

Charter airlines lover

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: