A Miracle Happened! - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Ground Control > General Squawk Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 01-14-2020, 02:07 PM   #1
Second Officer

N3424V is a legend of the hobbyN3424V is a legend of the hobbyN3424V is a legend of the hobbyN3424V is a legend of the hobbyN3424V is a legend of the hobbyN3424V is a legend of the hobbyN3424V is a legend of the hobbyN3424V is a legend of the hobbyN3424V is a legend of the hobbyN3424V is a legend of the hobbyN3424V is a legend of the hobby
A Miracle Happened!

The other day while taking photos for another mish-mash, I noticed a 1:400 scale axel with one wheel attached lying loose within my studio light box.

"Well x&#$," I said, using a well known ancient Anglo-Saxon term, "Now, which model did you hale from?"

A hasty examination of the models currently residing on the studio table revealed that the miscreant landing gear part had attempted an escape (or EX-scape as some of my fellow US Southerners would say) from my new Delta B757-200(W) model.

A more through examination of the studio table resulted in no recapture of the axel's adjoining wheel.

I feared the worse... the wheel had no doubt been sacrificed to the room's CARPET MONSTER like many a model kit part from other past endeavors.

Since there had been no recent model kit construction in the room, my theory was that the CARPET MONSTER was extracting revenge for my current lack of tribute to her and her fabric brood.

Undaunted, I drew my trusty LED-Magnetic-Telescoping flashlight (that's Torch to some of you blokes) but did not immediately sally forth.

I paused, and plotted my next move.

Since the wheel wasn't on the table, where it had resided since its unboxing three weeks ago. Where else had the model been?!?!

Yes! I remembered. The model had moved from the table to my iMAC desk so that a friend could more closely examine the model currently displayed on said iMAC where the monitor rendered a 'mash of the Delta 757 prior to its currently missing landing gear.

I now had a plan of action, search the floor between to studio table and the desk!

Activating my light, I saw resting on top, yes ON TOP, of the carpet nap just in front of me! the tiny wheel!

Acting swiftly, I retrieved the tiny disk before the CARPET MONSTER reacted to my light's direction and swallowed the wheel before my eyes!

Deactivating my weapon, I retreated to the work bench on the opposite side of the room and with a few drops of super glue, the Delta 757 was restored its gear!

Why was the wheel not buried beneath the depths of the carpet fabric? What strange change of fate allowed the wheel to surface just as I activated the light?

We may never know.

However, vigilance must be maintained. The CARPET MONSTER has not received her tribute so I must be forever wary.

Unless of course we replace the flooring in the room.

24V
N3424V is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-14-2020, 02:32 PM   #2
Admin

DutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobby
Re: A Miracle Happened!

My loose wheels just disappear into the wooden floor. Don't ask how.. 1:500 is such a tiny scale when a wheel goes missing..
Check out my Amsterdam Schiphol in 1:500: http://www.wings900.com/vb/model-air...l-airport.html

Not Looking for a Sky500 Jet Airways 777-300ER anymore! They kinda went bankrupt..

Also check out my photos on Planespotters.net!

Planespotters.net - Aviation Photos, Production Lists and more
DutchCollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2020, 08:29 AM   #3
Earning My Wings

Guerette is flying under the radar

Man, that must have been a frustrating moment. I guess you have to even think about the flooring when you start working on such a small scale. haha
Guerette is offline   Reply With Quote

Old Today, 04:11 AM   #4
Master ATP Captain

vince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobby

Very lucky,carpet monsters are vicious little creatures i still haven't found the spinner off a 1/72 Hurri i was building a couple of years ago....

1939 - 2011
vince1159 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: