This forum used to be so much fun but the PC ruined it! Lol - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Ground Control > General Squawk Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 11-13-2019, 09:14 AM   #1
Earning My Wings

Lonestar is flying under the radar
This forum used to be so much fun but the PC ruined it! Lol

The decline of Wings900 has been so sad to watch, other forums are thriving!
Lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-27-2019, 02:20 PM   #2
xyz
Earning My Wings

xyz is flying under the radar
Re: This forum used to be so much fun but the PC ruined it! Lol

Times and things change permanently, that's life.
And yes, I agree: Years ago the contributions were more interesting to me. But still there are enough readable contributions... ;-)
xyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 05:09 AM   #3
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby
Today nothing similar to what Wings900 was years ago.
A real Bible for each collector, a volcano of threads, posts, news, extremely interesting comments and contributions by great collectors, real Masters of 1:200, 1:400 and, especially, 1:500 scale.
Today Wings900 is a ghost of what it was , too many great members abandoned it without a replacement. There are great threads and posts and some are interesting so i don't understand the poor participation, even considering the fact that there aren't trolls.
It is incredible how Wings900 was alive and in good health with political debates and the strong trolls presence while now, with pure and only scale models debates, it is dying day after day.
And there aren't strong, active, important similar websites around! So maybe this is a general situation, the lack of people commenting and participating to scale models sites life.
The lack of a working and updated database has a great responsibility in the abandone of many important members but it isn't only this: people seem to be ready to comment only Herpa news threads, while all other forums are almost a desert. Spotting Forum, years ago something so beautiful to compete with Airliners.net or Jetphotos.com, is completely abandoned; Handmade Airports Forum is the (bad) copy of what it was when there were the beautiful competitions among airports builders; sometimes life exists in Civil Aviation Forum, with the various news; two or three members are regularly posting their fleets and collections in the 1:500 scale Forum, a very poor landscape in a scale (1:500) where should be at least 10 new threads a day, where people should be proud to post their fleets and collections and new models, where debates about moulds, liveries and airlines should be so many to not to have time to read them! While the 1:400 scale Forum is no more living (except for the beautiful mish-mash realizations).
Even threads about Models Reviews and similar debates are like "life on Mars"...non existent.
I don't think the missing database and the complete lack of Wings900 owners presence are the only reasons, there must be something deeper even because each time i join there are 2-3 active members and 150-200 visitors! The intetest is living, is strong, but then this interest doesn't transform in an active presence.
And other sites like D.A.C or DiMa are not better, a post each 2-3 months...
Only AviationDelightForum seems to have vitality with interesting debates.
Sad, really sad.

Charter airlines lover
I desperately want...all charter airlines still missing!

Primera, Monarch, airberlin, XL Airways France, Germania, Small Planet, WOW, Aigle Azur, Sterling, Thomas Cook, Adria...R.I.P.
The sky is not the same without you!

Last edited by Charter; 12-02-2019 at 10:57 AM.
Charter is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-06-2019, 03:53 PM   #4
Master ATP Captain

vince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobby

Four days and no replys says it all unfortunately Charter and as you said on your last line "Sad,really sad"....

1939 - 2011
vince1159 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:06 AM   #5
Admin

DutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobby

As this is obviously a troll, I purposely refrained from commenting. I hoped everyone would see that..
Check out my Amsterdam Schiphol in 1:500: http://www.wings900.com/vb/model-air...l-airport.html

Not Looking for a Sky500 Jet Airways 777-300ER anymore! They kinda went bankrupt..

Also check out my photos on Planespotters.net!

Planespotters.net - Aviation Photos, Production Lists and more
DutchCollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:13 AM   #6
Master ATP Captain

vince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchCollector View Post
As this is obviously a troll, I purposely refrained from commenting. I hoped everyone would see that..
Does it really matter in this case,it could lead to a discussion amongst those of us members still left.....

1939 - 2011
vince1159 is offline   Reply With Quote