Ustica Itavia DC-9 massacre: today 39 years. - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Ground Control > General Squawk Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 06-27-2019, 08:07 AM   #1
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby
Ustica Itavia DC-9 massacre: today 39 years.

On June 27th 1980, 08:59 PM UTC+2, the Itavia DC-9 I-TIGI, flight IH870 Bologna - Palermo, has been shot down by a French missile (launched by a fighter) during a real air battle among Italy, USA, France and Libya. The DC-9 exploded and crashed into the Mediterranean sea, close to Ustica. 81 dead.
After 39 years of shameful lies, misdirections, arrests, cancellation and disappearance of radars data, endless tears of the victims relatives, in the last few years part of the truth has come to surface: on that tragic evening some Libyan airplanes, maybe Gaddafi himself, were flying in the Italian airspace while Italian, French and USA fighters were trying to shoot them down. Libyan airplanes "hid" behind the DC-9 and in the atempt to hit them a missile launched by a French fighter hit the I-TIGI destroying it.
What about the many radar tracks? Some Italian military radars were switched off just before the air battle, USS Saratoga radar (anchored in the porto of Naples) was off for mainteinance, other radars were operating but the evidence were deleted or stolen.
Few days after the air battle around the Itavia DC-9, the wrck of a Libyan Mig-23 had been found among the Sila mountains, Calabria.
After 39 years and 81 innocent dead, still no culprits.

Charter airlines lover
I desperately want...all charter airlines still missing!

Primera, Monarch, airberlin, XL Airways France, Germania, Small Planet, WOW, Aigle Azur, Sterling, Thomas Cook, Adria, Air Italy/Meridiana, Level, FlyBe, SunExpress Germany...R.I.P.
The sky is not the same without you!
Charter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-27-2019, 10:13 AM   #2
Captain

Speedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobby
Re: Ustica Itavia DC-9 massacre: today 39 years.

Terrible, but one of so many victims hiding behind military actions or counteractions by (state guided) terrorist.

Next week will also see the 31st anniversary of the shooting down of IR655, another of these tragedies where a lot could have been avoided.
Speedbird 001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2020, 02:59 PM   #3
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby

June 27 1980 - June 27 2020: 40 years from this horrible drama.
Still no truth. In these day authorities are still studying sub-wing tanks, belonging to some USAF F-5 of Decimomannu Air Base, found in the deep of Mediterranean Sea; they are still studying the pieces of military aircrafts (maybe from Libya) found inside the seats of some passengers; they are still studying the bones of the pilot found inside the Libyan Mig-23 crashed on Sila Mountains, Calabria; they are still studying what type of French missile shot down the Itavia DC-9...
...but 81 people and their families, after 40 years, still wait to know why they died.

Charter airlines lover

Primera, Monarch, airberlin, XL Airways France, Germania, Small Planet, WOW, Aigle Azur, Sterling, Thomas Cook, Adria, Air Italy/Meridiana, Level, FlyBe, SunExpress Germany...R.I.P.

Last edited by Charter; 06-27-2020 at 03:28 PM.

Old 06-27-2020, 03:24 PM   #4
The Dark Side

Itavia Flight 870 - Wikipedia

Have a look also at this because it could be linked...
Ramstein air show disaster - Wikipedia

Charter airlines lover

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: