Why many sellers don't ship outside their country or zones - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Ground Control > General Squawk Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 05-09-2019, 05:34 AM   #1
Planes Maniac ;-)

OD-ZIAD is flying under the radarOD-ZIAD is flying under the radar
Why many sellers don't ship outside their country or zones

a random question for guys living in Europe and USA

why most of the sellers don't ship outside their country ? Any specific reason

i live in Beirut and buy many models from eBay. often i find rare models for a very cheap price BUT the seller always refuse to ship abroad saying they will get lost

last month a seller in Germany refused to ship abroad a new zealand B787 all black. ended up being sold for 18 euros i was very pissed ... he could have raised the price significatlly if he allowed international shipping

even worse when they refuse to ship with duetsch Post brief and ask for DHL. to me at least outside EU.. both are the same .. once i lost a model with DHL but never lost anything with deutsch Post brief thing

many also only accept bank trasfers their is something called skrill which has cheaper fees than paypal and more reliable

same as for USA sellers.. they often have rare models and refuse to ship outside US. if they accept they ask for eBay Global SHipping which is a disaster with a very high prices .... was asked once to pay 35$ shipping for a safety card while the seller refuses to ship it with USPS

PLEASE Sellers make it easy for us to buy models it is not a bad idea to make a one day weekly visit to the post office to send us our models

you will get hihger selling price....we get our beloved models
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-09-2019, 07:29 AM   #2
Brexit is a lie

Anglojet is a legend of the hobbyAnglojet is a legend of the hobbyAnglojet is a legend of the hobbyAnglojet is a legend of the hobbyAnglojet is a legend of the hobbyAnglojet is a legend of the hobbyAnglojet is a legend of the hobbyAnglojet is a legend of the hobbyAnglojet is a legend of the hobbyAnglojet is a legend of the hobbyAnglojet is a legend of the hobby
Re: Why many sellers don't ship outside their country or zones

Worries about the model getting damaged or lost. High tracked-mail prices putting people off buying.

Anglojet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 09:09 AM   #3
Selfie with bros

LeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobby

I had a similar question not too long ago...
https://www.wings900.com/vb/general-...g-germany.html

I always shop using Ebay.de, and i've noticed that many sellers don't have PayPal (only accept bank transfer) and many do not ship outside Germany or EU. It sucks, because i've also had to pass some interesting models because of this

When they don't have PayPal, I offer a bank transfer using TransferWise. I did it once and it worked fine.

Old 05-09-2019, 09:32 AM   #4
Earning My Wings

TeamAMS is a good contributorTeamAMS is a good contributorTeamAMS is a good contributorTeamAMS is a good contributorTeamAMS is a good contributorTeamAMS is a good contributorTeamAMS is a good contributorTeamAMS is a good contributorTeamAMS is a good contributor

We do!

Ben @ Aircraft Model Store
TeamAMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 02:03 AM   #5
Captain

HerpaYVR is a good contributorHerpaYVR is a good contributorHerpaYVR is a good contributorHerpaYVR is a good contributorHerpaYVR is a good contributorHerpaYVR is a good contributorHerpaYVR is a good contributorHerpaYVR is a good contributorHerpaYVR is a good contributorHerpaYVR is a good contributor

Sellers in Europe use bank transfers as that is the norm in Europe for many financial transactions

In Canada/USA we use Paypal for online transactions with eBay

Many sellers do not sell overseas due to the hassle of customs, theft, buyers who have no concept of the cost of shipping and trust issues.

I sell all over the world as I shipped via tracked parcel. The issue I often get is when a seller from one of those countries listed as high risk thinks $10 is what it costs to ship Air Mail tracked a parcel halfway around the world.

Dealing with one collector in Hungary and one last month from Denmark who is non-payers. This is such a hassle and why many do not ship overseas. These buyers feel they are in the right, however, everything shows they are in the wrong and they take up time, efforts and not only embarrasses themselves but validate the risk factor for their respective country.

It's unfortunate these folks ruin it for everyone else
Herpa Wings 1:500 Collector
It's not just a hobby - It's a passion
HerpaYVR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 05:32 AM   #6
Captain

Speedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobby

I sell worldwide, but it is a 2 way street. Lately people who dont want to pay tracked mail started hiding behind paypal regulations (paypal refunds you if you didnt get the thing and then paypal starts turning to seller). That doesnt work all the time, but it reduced they joy of dealing globally.

I prefer selling via tracked mail, so it is fine and safe for both sides.

Any specific model you are looking for ?

Last edited by Speedbird 001; 06-18-2019 at 05:35 AM.
Speedbird 001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 09:02 AM   #7
Second Officer

getifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by OD-ZIAD View Post
a random question for guys living in Europe and USA

why most of the sellers don't ship outside their country ? Any specific reason

i live in Beirut and buy many models from eBay. often i find rare models for a very cheap price BUT the seller always refuse to ship abroad saying they will get lost...
ebay.de:
– private sellers:
o Many are so pissed off with ebay’s fees that they are reluctant to pay any paypal charges and accept payment only through bank transfer (they don’t seem to consider that auctions with payment through bank transfer have lesser bidders and achieve lower sales prices).
o Many are simply »not interested« to find out the most cost-effective postage charges abroad.
o Some had negative experiences with sells abroad (damaged or lost items, returned (»undeliverable«) post because of buyers refusing custom duties, »buyers« not paying because of »unexpected« high postal fees).
o Many ebay buyers still do not know that Deutsche Post postal fees for private customers have increased sharply since 01.01.2019.
o ebay.de often indicates incorrect postage fees for abroad sells and thus adds to confusion of buyers.
– professional sellers:
o Many are working only with established shipping partners and are »not interested« to find out more cost-effective ways for shipping to foreign countries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamAMS View Post
We do!

Ben @ Aircraft Model Store
Yes but to countries outside of the EU by Royal Mail International Signed/Tracked service with postage fees beginning at £10.50 (up to 0.25 kg ≈13.16 USD/11.7 €), which is in comparison to Deutsche Post (for professional customers charge: Warenpost International up to 0.5 kg tracked worldwide 9.25 €) or DHL (German charge: to the Middle East up to 2 kg 9 €, tracked) more expensive.
getifero is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 10:55 PM   #8
Captain

HerpaYVR is a good contributorHerpaYVR is a good contributorHerpaYVR is a good contributorHerpaYVR is a good contributorHerpaYVR is a good contributorHerpaYVR is a good contributorHerpaYVR is a good contributorHerpaYVR is a good contributorHerpaYVR is a good contributorHerpaYVR is a good contributor

Just thought I add to this some more.

The other day I added to the "For Sale, Trade or Swap!" my Fire sale post. I began to receive requests which is great, low prices, reliable seller, safe shipping.

I get requests for $10 shipping? So buyers are getting the lowest prices, even cheaper than eBay and then they balk at the subsidized shipping prices to their country located halfway around the world. I had one request for a country in Africa and the shipping was $85, but as I shipped using stamps I had the cost down to $62. He wanted $20????

I chatted with a couple of friends who also sell models but not on Wings900. They laughed at me and stated that is why they restrict their sales to only certain countries and use only a few sites to avoid what I am going through!

So I can see why those in Norh America or Europe so not ship to a lot of places!
Herpa Wings 1:500 Collector
It's not just a hobby - It's a passion
HerpaYVR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:24 AM   #9
Master ATP Captain

vince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobby

When i used to sell kits on eBay i said UK mainland only it was for the reason Anglojet said,the price of recorded/tracking the thing but it didn't stop people buying from France/Germany or Italy...I used to get a quote for the postage then let them know,if they said ok i'd post it but very few said no,amazingly i didn't get one sent to Europe damaged unlike the UK...

1939 - 2011

Last edited by vince1159; Today at 05:27 AM.
vince1159 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: