All religious and political talk is now banned - Page 3 - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Ground Control > General Squawk Talk

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 02-06-2017, 10:59 AM   #31
banned

NY Yankees is a legend of the hobbyNY Yankees is a legend of the hobbyNY Yankees is a legend of the hobbyNY Yankees is a legend of the hobbyNY Yankees is a legend of the hobbyNY Yankees is a legend of the hobbyNY Yankees is a legend of the hobbyNY Yankees is a legend of the hobbyNY Yankees is a legend of the hobbyNY Yankees is a legend of the hobbyNY Yankees is a legend of the hobby
Re: All religious and political talk is now banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edoardo94 View Post
I have a university degree and I am applying to one of the world's leading uni. Don't have time to kick a ball... too vulgar. Prefer swimming, much more noble.
Sounds to me that you couldnt fight your way out of a wet paper bag. You dont know how hard it is to be just average at the National or Olympic level in any sport. No just hard work but actual talent also.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-06-2017, 11:38 AM   #32
banned

Edoardo94 is an excellent contributorEdoardo94 is an excellent contributorEdoardo94 is an excellent contributorEdoardo94 is an excellent contributorEdoardo94 is an excellent contributorEdoardo94 is an excellent contributorEdoardo94 is an excellent contributorEdoardo94 is an excellent contributorEdoardo94 is an excellent contributorEdoardo94 is an excellent contributorEdoardo94 is an excellent contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Yankees View Post
Sounds to me that you couldnt fight your way out of a wet paper bag. You dont know how hard it is to be just average at the National or Olympic level in any sport. No just hard work but actual talent also.
Don't have to prove myself over here, but I am pretty pleased with what I have accomplished and my academic future... anyway, lol, if kicking a ball is talent... even if so, the stipends are ridiculous, wonder why physical blue collar jobs haven't the same salaries.. or why those billions aren't spent in ways that help the needy. You don't know how hard it is an Academic and sweat to do things that actually change people's lives.... anyway, no point in arguing with brainwashed people. Here I will stop, since you just keep saying the same bs over and over again. 2017 and people still creating hierarchies according to physical capabilites, are we apes?! haha! Are we seriously comparing academics with athletes...

Last edited by Edoardo94; 02-06-2017 at 11:42 AM.
Old 02-06-2017, 11:54 AM   #33
banned

Edoardo94 is an excellent contributorEdoardo94 is an excellent contributorEdoardo94 is an excellent contributorEdoardo94 is an excellent contributorEdoardo94 is an excellent contributorEdoardo94 is an excellent contributorEdoardo94 is an excellent contributorEdoardo94 is an excellent contributorEdoardo94 is an excellent contributorEdoardo94 is an excellent contributorEdoardo94 is an excellent contributor

Quote:
See you're getting personal and offensive, no wonder you're the reason why there was a need to implement a religion/politics ban here... no manners, eh?

Old 02-06-2017, 12:28 PM   #34
banned

NY Yankees is a legend of the hobbyNY Yankees is a legend of the hobbyNY Yankees is a legend of the hobbyNY Yankees is a legend of the hobbyNY Yankees is a legend of the hobbyNY Yankees is a legend of the hobbyNY Yankees is a legend of the hobbyNY Yankees is a legend of the hobbyNY Yankees is a legend of the hobbyNY Yankees is a legend of the hobbyNY Yankees is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
See you're getting personal and offensive, no wonder you're the reason why there was a need to implement a religion/politics ban here... no manners, eh?
Because calling soccer too vulgar and not noble enough isnt personal and offensive to soccer fans, you sound pompous.

Btw your average joe has a much better chance of becoming an engineer than a professional football player.
Old 02-06-2017, 12:43 PM   #35
banned

Quote:
Because calling soccer too vulgar and not noble enough isnt personal and offensive to soccer fans, you sound pompous.

Btw your average joe has a much better chance of becoming an engineer than a professional football player.
That's because thank goodness people have priorities haha.
Old 02-06-2017, 12:59 PM   #36
Master ATP Captain

vince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
I respect the game, I am disgusted by huge stipends for people with no useful skills
Alright,i feel the same way about F1 overpaid drivers that all they have to do is sit in a lump of carbon fibre which covers a big computer and all they really have to do is steer it,yet they're paid even more than footballers with advertising etc to drive around a circuit they've driven around a thousand times in previous seasons...Then compare that to rallying...

1939 - 2011
Old 02-06-2017, 01:06 PM   #37
banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by vince1159 View Post
Alright,i feel the same way about F1 overpaid drivers that all they have to do is sit in a lump of carbon fibre which covers a big computer and all they really have to do is steer it,yet they're paid even more than footballers with advertising etc to drive around a circuit they've driven around a thousand times in previous seasons...Then compare that to rallying...
Of course, I can only agree.
Old 02-06-2017, 01:55 PM   #38
banned

Quote:
That's because thank goodness people have priorities haha.
Most people that go to engineering school graduate. Of all people that play sports very few make it to the national or Olympic level.

When you see athletes like Roger Federer playing tennis, dont think any nerd can jump in and take his place but Roger F can go to school and become an engineer.
Old 02-06-2017, 02:46 PM   #39
Master ATP Captain

vince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobby

If you look at the careers of brit tennis players it's a hell of a struggle,Andy Murray's done briliantly after slogging his guts out to get there the same as all others like Heather Watson...They put their life and soul into a sport they love...

1939 - 2011
Old 02-06-2017, 02:51 PM   #40
banned

Panem et circenses.
Old 02-06-2017, 03:00 PM   #41
banned

Quote:
Don't have to prove myself over here, but I am pretty pleased with what I have accomplished and my academic future... anyway, lol, if kicking a ball is talent... even if so, the stipends are ridiculous, wonder why physical blue collar jobs haven't the same salaries.. or why those billions aren't spent in ways that help the needy. You don't know how hard it is an Academic and sweat to do things that actually change people's lives.... anyway, no point in arguing with brainwashed people. Here I will stop, since you just keep saying the same bs over and over again. 2017 and people still creating hierarchies according to physical capabilites, are we apes?! haha! Are we seriously comparing academics with athletes...
Using your logic Mick Jagger should get paid $30 an hour like a blue collar worker. I mean singing is not as hard as working at a factory.

It sounds like you're talking politics, that's communism.

Last edited by NY Yankees; 02-06-2017 at 03:05 PM.
Old 02-06-2017, 03:07 PM   #42
Master ATP Captain

Quote:
Panem et circenses.
et vivere,reservate...

1939 - 2011
Old 02-06-2017, 03:22 PM   #43
banned

Quote:
Using your logic Mick Jagger should get paid $30 an hour like a blue collar worker. I mean singing is not as hard as working at a factory.

It sounds like you're talking politics, that's communism.
Oh please, he is an artist... want to compare Raphael and Messi?! It's getting funny now bahaha!!!
Old 02-06-2017, 04:26 PM   #44
banned

Quote:
Oh please, he is an artist... want to compare Raphael and Messi?! It's getting funny now bahaha!!!
So if you're an artist you should make millions but talented soccer players that generate huge revenue as well should be paid $30/hour like blue collar workers makes sense.

You realize people pay to watch Raphael play the same way they pay to watch Mick Jagger.
Old 02-06-2017, 05:25 PM   #45
banned

Quote:
So if you're an artist you should make millions but talented soccer players that generate huge revenue as well should be paid $30/hour like blue collar workers makes sense.

You realize people pay to watch Raphael play the same way they pay to watch Mick Jagger.
No wonder your people has elected a Trump. I won't say more because I'd offend you and we don't use to do that in Europe. However, no, retard athletes with no brain shouldn't be paid like genial artists who shape and shaped our culture and what we are, not for kicking a damn ball, no matter how effort they put into that, it's not something they have invented or which changes anything... And I am done.

PS: yes I know you pay to see a Raphael (though not in all cases), though if you had to make a serious comparison you should have mentioned who commissioned his works not who pays to watch them now that he's dead... I "realise" I wasn't making a confrontation between the two, yes. Although not possible to judge, but some artists influenced our world and culture more than others. Anyway, these are all empty words here.

Last edited by Edoardo94; 02-06-2017 at 05:33 PM.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: