"Offtopic" thread: Questions, Answers and everything else. - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Ground Control > General Squawk Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 01-18-2017, 04:15 PM   #1
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby
"Offtopic" thread: Questions, Answers and everything else.

Ciao to all.
After some suggestions, comparisons, questions, answers, i decided to create this thread.
I remember when i was a newbie: many wrong questions (even if, in my opinion, questions are never wrong!), some stupid posts, some overreact, difficulties to move in the website. I understand that overreacting is linked to the age and to the character of each of us, i know that sometimes some "old" members are everything except that understanding and helpful (i am referring to me and my experiences, also if i have to point out that all the members are nice, helpful, competent, friends) but i also understand and know that when you enter in a group you have to listen a lot and understand well how things work before to move by yourself and/or to criticize. I know that very often it is difficult to move in the right way in a website like Wings900, something of important and very big: for this reason i decided to post this thread and to stick it.
Here you can ask everything you want and you need about Wings900 without fear to be offtopic: this thread is "offtopic" for definition, a box where newbies but also old members can ask, answer, consider, suggest without problems, but also a thread where to post a question... you don't know where to post, if you are not sure in which forum it must be posted.
Only one rule (the same of the entire website): please don't argue, don't clash, don't quarrel, it is not necessary. If someone post a question considered "stupid" decide what to do: answer if you have an answer, ignore it if you would like to say "ehi, you're a stupid!" or if you don't have the answer. I hope this thread will be useful.
Happy collecting to everyone!

Charter airlines lover
I desperately want...all charter airlines still missing!

Primera, Monarch, airberlin, XL Airways France, Germania, Small Planet, WOW, Aigle Azur, Sterling, Thomas Cook, Adria, Air Italy/Meridiana, Level, FlyBe, SunExpress Germany, Niki-Laudamotion, JetTime, Montenegro Airlines, CSA...R.I.P.
The sky is not the same without you!
Charter is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-18-2017, 04:37 PM   #2
banned

Edoardo94 is an excellent contributorEdoardo94 is an excellent contributorEdoardo94 is an excellent contributorEdoardo94 is an excellent contributorEdoardo94 is an excellent contributorEdoardo94 is an excellent contributorEdoardo94 is an excellent contributorEdoardo94 is an excellent contributorEdoardo94 is an excellent contributorEdoardo94 is an excellent contributorEdoardo94 is an excellent contributor
Re: "Offtopic" thread: everything you want to know about Wings900 forums.

First question! How can I change my avatar?
Edoardo94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 04:51 PM   #3
In thrust we trust

MM9024 is a legend of the hobbyMM9024 is a legend of the hobbyMM9024 is a legend of the hobbyMM9024 is a legend of the hobbyMM9024 is a legend of the hobbyMM9024 is a legend of the hobbyMM9024 is a legend of the hobbyMM9024 is a legend of the hobbyMM9024 is a legend of the hobbyMM9024 is a legend of the hobbyMM9024 is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edoardo94 View Post
First question! How can I change my avatar?
Hi Edoardo94 if you want to Change your Avatar in the left Corner there is User CP that means there you can Change everything concerning your user Profile. Than scroll down until you reach on the left Hand side the box called: Settings and Options click on the first one Edit Avatar. You see now your current one you have selected or not. scroll down and there you can upload your new one. The only Thing you have to do then is to save your changes which is belw where you can upload your own Avatar. And that's it. hopefully it helps if you Need pics of it I can make them...
MM9024 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-18-2017, 04:54 PM   #4
banned

Edoardo94 is an excellent contributorEdoardo94 is an excellent contributorEdoardo94 is an excellent contributorEdoardo94 is an excellent contributorEdoardo94 is an excellent contributorEdoardo94 is an excellent contributorEdoardo94 is an excellent contributorEdoardo94 is an excellent contributorEdoardo94 is an excellent contributorEdoardo94 is an excellent contributorEdoardo94 is an excellent contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM9024 View Post
Hi Edoardo94 if you want to Change your Avatar in the left Corner there is User CP that means there you can Change everything concerning your user Profile. Than scroll down until you reach on the left Hand side the box called: Settings and Options click on the first one Edit Avatar. You see now your current one you have selected or not. scroll down and there you can upload your new one. The only Thing you have to do then is to save your changes which is belw where you can upload your own Avatar. And that's it. hopefully it helps if you Need pics of it I can make them...
Thank you very much, your explanation was perfectly clear.
Old 01-18-2017, 07:12 PM   #5
Selfie with bros

LeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobby

Excellent thread! Hope I can be helpful
Old 01-20-2017, 06:01 PM   #6
banned

Re: "Offtopic" thread: Questions, Answers and everything else.

Hello guys, one of my planes, a 747-400 is slightly bending on the right because its landing gear is shorter than the others... it is a new metal one and there is no chance of fixing it myself. How could I address the problem to Herpa? Thanks!
Old 01-20-2017, 06:08 PM   #7
Sympathy for the devil 😈

Wingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Hello guys, one of my planes, a 747-400 is slightly bending on the right because its landing gear is shorter than the others... it is a new metal one and there is no chance of fixing it myself. How could I address the problem to Herpa? Thanks!
This is sadly a common problem with Herpa 747's and I don't think there's a way to fix it. You can still try to contact the Herpa "kundedienst" ([email protected]) but I honestly don't think they'll have a solution to fix it

My collection: http://www.diecastmodelaircraft.com/...usselsairlines
Wingslover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 06:11 PM   #8
banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingslover View Post
This is sadly a common problem with Herpa 747's and I don't think there's a way to fix it. You can still try to contact the Herpa "kundedienst" ([email protected]) but I honestly don't think they'll have a solution to fix it
Thanks Wingslover (glad we got over our little issue). I think I will try and write them but I am afraid they might just take months to reply. I wonder whether they would replace it (?) but I doubt, it's quite annoying.
I also notice the windows are taller in the front and lower in the back... Back in the 2000s 744s molds were much, much better, except for the tall wings.
Old 01-20-2017, 08:54 PM   #9
Selfie with bros

LeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Thanks Wingslover (glad we got over our little issue). I think I will try and write them but I am afraid they might just take months to reply. I wonder whether they would replace it (?) but I doubt, it's quite annoying.
I also notice the windows are taller in the front and lower in the back... Back in the 2000s 744s molds were much, much better, except for the tall wings.
Edoardo, take pics of your model (specially pics showing the problem) and send them to Herpa ([email protected]).

Herpa might send you an explanation... or even a brand new model, if possible!

I don't know if they will reply quickly or not. I guess it's a matter of luck...
Old 02-03-2017, 03:31 PM   #10
banned

Hello, I have one British Airways plane which is gorgeous but it misses the relatively new BA grey coat of arms after the logo. Does anyone know what I could do about this? Thanks!
Old 02-03-2017, 05:33 PM   #11
Sympathy for the devil 😈

Wingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Hello, I have one British Airways plane which is gorgeous but it misses the relatively new BA grey coat of arms after the logo. Does anyone know what I could do about this? Thanks!
You can try to find decals of the logo and apply them by yourself (or buy a model with that logo on it but that's a more expensive option )

My collection: http://www.diecastmodelaircraft.com/...usselsairlines
Wingslover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 05:44 PM   #12
banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingslover View Post
You can try to find decals of the logo and apply them by yourself (or buy a model with that logo on it but that's a more expensive option )
Where could I find them? Wouldn't they look like stickers though? Instead of looking printed?
Please help!
Old 02-10-2017, 12:58 PM   #13
banned

I have a question for my friends with Herpa dioramas. How do you keep the ground foil flat? I even purchased a table on which to place it and nevertheless there are all sorts of bumps, curvatures and air bubbles on it. What do you suggest?!? Thank you.
Old 02-10-2017, 01:12 PM   #14
Master ATP Captain

vince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
I have a question for my friends with Herpa dioramas. How do you keep the ground foil flat? I even purchased a table on which to place it and nevertheless there are all sorts of bumps, curvatures and air bubbles on it. What do you suggest?!? Thank you.
The best advice i can give you is to read through the Model Airports section,all the tips 'n' hints'll be there...

Edit: If they're decals they'll be waterslide or similar so they wont look like stickers,think of kits...

1939 - 2011

Last edited by vince1159; 02-10-2017 at 01:15 PM.
vince1159 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 01:28 PM   #15
banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by vince1159 View Post
The best advice i can give you is to read through the Model Airports section,all the tips 'n' hints'll be there...

Edit: If they're decals they'll be waterslide or similar so they wont look like stickers,think of kits...
Thank you! But can't find the thread sorry, could you give me a hint?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: