Censorship on W900... - Page 2 - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Ground Control > General Squawk Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 2.00 average.
Old 10-17-2002, 07:08 PM   #16
Puddle Jumper

Fokker is flying under the radar
Flight Director
Wings900 Team Member

If you think we censor too much:

Total Posts from Oct '01 - Today: 43264
Total Deleted from Oct '01 - Today: 343 (all deleted posts are actually kept)

That is 0.79 % of posts.. i wouldn't call that censorship

Just wanted to re-iterate that even ONE deletion is too many. This country is based on freedom. It is UNCONSTITUTIONAL for one person to delete another person's opinion, whether they think it is right or wrong. You think 0.79% isn't cencsorship? I think 0.000000000000000000000000000000000001% is STILL censorship.

I case you don't get my point:

It is all about "FREEDOM OF SPEECH"
Fokker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-17-2002, 07:53 PM   #17

herpa2008 is flying under the radar
It is their website and they should be able to do what they want.
herpa2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2002, 08:15 PM   #18
RJ Captain

TigerAir is flying under the radar
Quote:
Originally posted by Fokker

Just wanted to re-iterate that even ONE deletion is too many. This country is based on freedom. It is UNCONSTITUTIONAL for one person to delete another person's opinion, whether they think it is right or wrong. You think 0.79% isn't cencsorship? I think 0.000000000000000000000000000000000001% is STILL censorship.

I case you don't get my point:

It is all about "FREEDOM OF SPEECH"
Just a bit of food for thought......

The Internet is a common area, a public space like a village square, except that it is the largest common area that has yet existed. Anything that anybody wishes to say can be heard by anyone else with access to the network. This world-wide community is as large and diverse as humanity itself. Therefore, no one community's standards can govern the type of speech permissible on the Internet. In the words of John Barlow, a founding memeber of the Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF) -- "In Cyberspace, the First Amendment is a local ordinance".

This principle is also embedded in the Internet's robust architecture. In the words of John Gilmore, another founding member of the EFF -- "The Net interprets censorship as damage, and routes around it." Because of the net's robust design, it is impossible to completely block access to information except in very limited and controlled circumstances, such as when blocking access to a specific site from a home computer, or when using a firewall to block certain sites from employees on a workplace network.

Generally speaking, the more experience someone has with the Internet the more strongly they believe in freedom of speech, usually because their personal experience has convinced them of its benefits. The Internet not only provides access to free speech, it also promotes the concept of free speech. If you believe that there is an inherent value in truth, that human beings on average and over time recognize and value truth, and that truth is best decided in a free marketplace of ideas, then this aspect of the Internet is a very important feature indeed.

Old 10-17-2002, 10:56 PM   #19
ATP Captain

ZaqAttaq is flying under the radar
how much you wanna bet this thread will get deleted, this is the only site that actruly destroys verbal battles

ZaqAttaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2002, 11:21 PM   #20
Captain

TwoSevenLeft is a good contributorTwoSevenLeft is a good contributorTwoSevenLeft is a good contributorTwoSevenLeft is a good contributorTwoSevenLeft is a good contributorTwoSevenLeft is a good contributorTwoSevenLeft is a good contributorTwoSevenLeft is a good contributorTwoSevenLeft is a good contributorTwoSevenLeft is a good contributorTwoSevenLeft is a good contributor
Question Freedom of Speech or FREEDOM OF IDIOCY?

Some of these statements on here are truly pathetic!!!

First off Fokker: according to this post you just joined here!!! What the hell do you know about WINGS 900?? Watch what you say!!!!! You are certainly not going to get a warm welcome with this thread "OOOHH I HERE THERE IS CENSORSHIP HERE"!! NO it is just that WINGS 900 has rules!!!!! If you join a gym,church,any kind of club or oraganization,they have rules!! WINGS 900 likes to delete stupid idiotic posts from assholes, I would do the same thing!!! Let me tell you there are many assholes on here!!!!! Hey guess what??? I have had some posts of mine deleted,what do I do?? I BITE THE BULLET and just let it go by!!! BIG DEAL!! Some of you guys spend more time yaking about censorship,freedom of speech,and other useless jargon than you do about planes!! Just like Richie said,this is a plane collecting site!! If you want a "freedom of speech" (I LOVE THAT TERM) website, start your own!!!!!

ZAQ ATTACK: If you you feel verbal battles are necessary, GET LOST!!!!!!!!! SIMPLE IS THAT!!!!!!!
TwoSevenLeft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2002, 11:45 PM   #21
Puddle Jumper

TwoSevenLeft. First, it is truly sad you have to resort to profanity. W900 is NOT a club or a gym. It is on the World Wide Web, where NO one has to register or be a member to read what is being said in the forum. Gyms have memberships and dues and no church will forbid a person from attending a mass or a service.

The United States' media and the video game industries have been blamed for all the violence in society but guess what? It is still a free country. The choice has to be up to the viewer/ reader. All movies are given ratings and so are TV shows and video games. Why? So the reader/ viewer can CHOOSE to not read it or see it. How would anyone like it if someone decides W900 is not practical or useful and decides to "delete" the web site from the internet? NO one deletes anything whether it is right or wrong from the internet. Otherwise we would not have sex sites, gang sites, nazi sites, *** sites, bomb making sites, gambling sites...

Anyone and everyone has access to W900 whether you like it or not twosevenleft. If W900 wants exclusivity, then it should prohibit the access of its website to fee paying, members only. As long as it is NOT a private website they REALLY aren't at liberty to delete what other people write, whether they like it or not. They READERS should decide if they want to read it or not.

For all we know, some people who read the forum probably think it is a place where bunch of kids talk about stupid stuff over a silly hobby (believe me a lot of people think collecting little metal planes is stupid). Guess what, they don't have to read the forum and just view the other sites, who are they to judge? As a matter of fact, many people I know who read W900 don't even know there is a forum. I could have remained an anonymous reader and continue enjoying W900, but I was getting frustrated at reading posts about topis that were deleted.

How would you like to read a book, magazine or watch a movie where sections have been deleted to a point where you can't make heads or tails? One word deletion can ruin a WHOLE book.
Example? The murderer was "delete." Have you ever try typing with one key missing? I dare anyone to try typing without using one key and see how long they can last without coming to a stopping point.

For those of you who STILL don't know why this whole thread started and don't know what my point is...

Go rent "The People vs. Larry Flynt"

LIBERTY, Truth, and the Pursuit of Hapiness. E PLURIBUS UNUM

Be a pilot, not a passenger!

Last edited by Fokker; 10-17-2002 at 11:52 PM.
Old 10-18-2002, 12:01 AM   #22
banned

Flight Director is a good contributorFlight Director is a good contributorFlight Director is a good contributorFlight Director is a good contributorFlight Director is a good contributorFlight Director is a good contributorFlight Director is a good contributorFlight Director is a good contributorFlight Director is a good contributorFlight Director is a good contributorFlight Director is a good contributor

If you get frustrated about post being deleted that you were reading, the you must be enjoying all the bickering posts and not concentrating on collecting models, because what was deleted follows:

threats to wings900
threats to other users
bashing on other users
references praises to communism
discussions and attacks on people's religion
spamming
post regarding Mayonaise for no reason
the list goes on...

Is that what we are here to read? if so, i must be administering the wrong website.

-FD
Flight Director is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2002, 12:04 AM   #23
Captain

TwoSevenLeft is a good contributorTwoSevenLeft is a good contributorTwoSevenLeft is a good contributorTwoSevenLeft is a good contributorTwoSevenLeft is a good contributorTwoSevenLeft is a good contributorTwoSevenLeft is a good contributorTwoSevenLeft is a good contributorTwoSevenLeft is a good contributorTwoSevenLeft is a good contributorTwoSevenLeft is a good contributor
Quote:
Originally posted by Fokker
TwoSevenLeft. First, it is truly sad you have to resort to profanity. W900 is NOT a club or a gym. It is on the World Wide Web, where NO one has to register or be a member to read what is being said in the forum. Gyms have memberships and dues and no church will forbid a person from attending a mass or a service.

The United States' media and the video game industries have been blamed for all the violence in society but guess what? It is still a free country. The choice has to be up to the viewer/ reader. All movies are given ratings and so are TV shows and video games. Why? So the reader/ viewer can CHOOSE to not read it or see it. How would anyone like it if someone decides W900 is not practical or useful and decides to "delete" the web site from the internet? NO one deletes anything whether it is right or wrong from the internet. Otherwise we would not have sex sites, gang sites, nazi sites, *** sites, bomb making sites, gambling sites...

Anyone and everyone has access to W900 whether you like it or not twosevenleft. If W900 wants exclusivity, then it should prohibit the access of its website to fee paying, members only. As long as it is NOT a private website they REALLY aren't at liberty to delete what other people write, whether they like it or not. They READERS should decide if they want to read it or not.

For all we know, some people who read the forum probably think it is a place where bunch of kids talk about stupid stuff over a silly hobby (believe me a lot of people think collecting little metal planes is stupid). Guess what, they don't have to read the forum and just view the other sites, who are they to judge? As a matter of fact, many people I know who read W900 don't even know there is a forum. I could have remained an anonymous reader and continue enjoying W900, but I was getting frustrated at reading posts about topis that were deleted.

How would you like to read a book, magazine or watch a movie where sections have been deleted to a point where you can't make heads or tails? One word deletion can ruin a WHOLE book.
Example? The murderer was "delete." Have you ever try typing with one key missing? I dare anyone to try typing without using one key and see how long they can last without coming to a stopping point.

For those of you who STILL don't know why this whole thread started and don't know what my point is...

Go rent "The People vs. Larry Flynt"

LIBERTY, Truth, and the Pursuit of Hapiness. E PLURIBUS UNUM

FOKKER, take evertyhing you said and thow it out the window!!!!!

If you hit the "agree" button when you registered then you should be cool with deleted threads,rules,etc!! Plane as grey that is it!!!!!!
Old 10-18-2002, 12:09 AM   #24
Captain

." Have you ever try typing with one key missing? I dare anyone to try typing without using one key and see how long they can last without coming to a stopping point.

You have time to do that???

I bet you are a riot with poiltical issues too!!!!!!
Old 10-18-2002, 12:10 AM   #25
Puddle Jumper

(Flight Director
Wings900 Team Member

If you think we censor too much:

Total Posts from Oct '01 - Today: 43264
Total Deleted from Oct '01 - Today: 343 (all deleted posts are actually kept)

That is 0.79 % of posts.. i wouldn't call that censorship

Big Brother has spoken. THE CENSORER! Go ahead delete this thread...bully.
Old 10-18-2002, 12:15 AM   #26
RJ Captain

TigerAir is flying under the radar
I vote we just let the little 'Fokker' have his say and carry on with what we're really here for. Let's get back to basics....COLLECTING!
Old 10-18-2002, 01:42 AM   #27

pilotguy88 is flying under the radar
Quote:
Originally posted by Flight Director
post regarding Mayonaise for no reason
hmm...must have missed that one!

cant we all just get along?
pilotguy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2002, 02:10 AM   #28
ATP Captain

ZaqAttaq is flying under the radar
the first amendment does not extend to W900 which is a dictatohis site his rulesrship of flightdirecter thats not bad at all

ZaqAttaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2002, 03:43 AM   #29

shazam is flying under the radar
I really don't understand WHY all this fighting is going about. W900 is like a club, every club has its rules. It's like the "W900" team members house, and you are all our welcome guests. Actually, you have to register to post here and you get a lot of services on this site - this forum, for example. The fact that they are free doesn't mean that you can do everything you want.

The Internet is free... but we PAY to mantain W900 - we pay for it ourselves, actually, so we think we have some rights about it and we think that our rules are welcomed by the most part of our users, otherwise they would not be here

We simply ask you to respect some rules about language and arguments on our forums... Freedom can't be TOTAL, otherwise we could have here some Nazi propaganda, some little racial fights and - why not - a bit of religious crusades...

Think about this We never deleted a single "normal" post, but simply personal attacks, rude words and companies fights (these should go on courts, not on W900). Do we really need these???
shazam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2002, 11:33 AM   #30

Dub Man is flying under the radar
This is bull****. The only things that get deleted are crap like this.
Fokker, get back to the Avi Rev
Dub Man is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: