Should the UK stay in the EU? - Page 6 - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Ground Control > General Squawk Talk

View Poll Results: Stay in or leave the EU?
Stay in the EU 32 48.48%
Leave the EU 24 36.36%
Either decision is fine with me 10 15.15%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 05-05-2016, 02:26 PM   #76
banned

NY Yankees is a legend of the hobbyNY Yankees is a legend of the hobbyNY Yankees is a legend of the hobbyNY Yankees is a legend of the hobbyNY Yankees is a legend of the hobbyNY Yankees is a legend of the hobbyNY Yankees is a legend of the hobbyNY Yankees is a legend of the hobbyNY Yankees is a legend of the hobbyNY Yankees is a legend of the hobbyNY Yankees is a legend of the hobby
Re: Should the UK stay in the EU?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedbird 001 View Post
Then read many of the Posts....EU is Germany, Germany is the only winner of EU and all that stuff.....not really constructive.

Aha ? And Mitsubishi and Toyota didnt do that for example ? And you think you can sniff at your GM or Chrysler exhaust and it will send out exactly same what they Claim ? LOL....come on, seriously. They all cheat, but some get caught and some dont.....that doesnt justify they did it, in no way and their is big Anger about VW in Germany as well.
But as I said....doesnt have to do anything at all with EU in direct Connection.
Landrover Defender was "banned" for Emission and pedestrian protection, but as far as I know it was reworked thereafter and you can buy Defenders again. So how does that Argument fit now ?

Why didnt the EU or the US control the cars themselves ? How come they only found out now if it went on for years ?

US btw also have very high Emission Standards in some areas....do you think all your cars, ships and jets are bound to that ?

Check this btw.....Interesting ? Or maybe less because it is India ?
INDIA: GM sacks 35 executives after emissions scandal | Automotive Industry News | just-auto

Not blaming any direction, but saying there is black sheep on every Corner.....and trust me, especially the area Close to where I live is not so far away from VW.
The german public is very much annoyed by this, as many drive VW here.
If they all cheat then why would LR stop making the Defender citing tougher EU emission standards?

And how can the G Wagen, another one of my favorite off-road trucks ,built like a box pass the pedestrian protection safety standards?
i also like Porsche cars and I like you as a member before you accuse me of being Anti German.lol

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-05-2016, 02:36 PM   #77
Master ATP Captain

vince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Landrover Defender was "banned" for Emission and pedestrian protection, but as far as I know it was reworked thereafter and you can buy Defenders again. So how does that Argument fit now ?
Let me understand this,emission standards were fine as far as i know and as for the pedestrian waffle if people would rather walk around texting or talking on mobiles instead of watching what/where they're doing/going that's their problem...Lets face it how the hell can you miss a Defender and if it's got a horsebox hitched up there's no excuse...

1939 - 2011
Old 05-05-2016, 02:44 PM   #78
Senior Captain

Speedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobby

As I said, they still sell the Defender. So dont know where you got that info from.
I dont accuse you, but it went all in a bit one way direction...shaking it up a bit might not be bad.
All companies cheat, I have not much of illusions about that. Today it is VW, tomorrow GM and they day after it is Renault.

What I am saying is, it doesnt have to do much with the whole issue as such....or do you really want to link the decision (which neither of us has, because the Brits have to vote) down to rejection of a car (Which is being built again and not stopped) ?

I dont need (and dont want) to defend EU, everyone's gotta make up his own mind....but all issues have 2 or even more sides. There cant be a simple black and white story and one solution to all issues, it is not that simple unfortunately.
I think a lot has to be made more easier and transparent in EU. But then again, the EU countries have enjoyed the biggest wealth since a united europe started. Wealthy People have no Intention to fight against each other....europe, at least the countries in EU, have the longest peace period EVER. Maybe that is something which should also not be forgotten.

Now you have issues, like the refugee crisis (which is btw not a european crisis, but a global one, but Europe is very much left alone with it) and europe still suffers under the economical crisis of 2008 (which was again a global issue and not a european one only). Now it will tell how united europe is and unfortunately it looks like many countries like to see the cheques from Brussels and think that is all....no solidarity between the countries at all.

Old 05-05-2016, 02:47 PM   #79
Senior Captain

Speedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by vince1159 View Post
Let me understand this,emission standards were fine as far as i know and as for the pedestrian waffle if people would rather walk around texting or talking on mobiles instead of watching what/where they're doing/going that's their problem...Lets face it how the hell can you miss a Defender and if it's got a horsebox hitched up there's no excuse...
No, emissions were also too high as far as I have seen, but they were talking abt this Bulls thingy in front of it.

But hey, I dont have to defend that decision and I dont have to find that correct.....but is that all there is ? A car (which btw is modified but still built and not stopped) ...dont we have bigger issues than this ?
Old 05-05-2016, 03:08 PM   #80
Master ATP Captain

vince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
No, emissions were also too high as far as I have seen, but they were talking abt this Bulls thingy in front of it.

But hey, I dont have to defend that decision and I dont have to find that correct.....but is that all there is ? A car (which btw is modified but still built and not stopped) ...dont we have bigger issues than this ?
Bulls 'thingy',probably be able to replace the thingy with another word if i tried...No you don't but it would be nice if you tried to explain your post with figures and no to the last question when it comes to what's left of good old BRIT icons....

1939 - 2011
Old 05-05-2016, 04:54 PM   #81
Admin

furryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedbird 48 View Post
[QUOTE -Brevik SUCCESSFULLY taking Norway to court for his inhuman treatment! I saw his cell. It's better than my bedroom
I just read about this. Its shocking that a terrorist has such good treatment! And he has the nerve to sue them?[/QUOTE]

Very much something that annoyed me. His cell was incredibly comfortable however he won his case. I think a more common sense application by the ECHR is needed

Quote:
Furry,wasn't there a few cases of burglars suing the owners of properties they'd broken into for assault after the victims had tried to defend themselves....
Definitely chum. I remember the burglar shot by the farmer and the farmer went to gaol. I also remember one fell through a skylight and successfully sued the homeowner because he landed on a knife

Quote:
With some people there might be a desire, but it isnt supposed to happen and this is good in my view.

If we would do a Referendum for everything, many People tend to use their hearts or stomach Feeling of that exact Moment instead of thinking few further miles on and with their Brains. Now guys, is the time of right wing pied pipers who find easily people to follow them....because they offer so many Solutions to the wishes and Needs of the People. Sole Problem is...they dont tell you how.
I totally agree, especially with immigration. The right are tapping into that and completely twisting it. It saddens me to see people slowly fall into line with that
Old 05-05-2016, 08:50 PM   #82
Förum King

MYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by furryforest View Post
I blame social media. The BS posts that flood Facebook alone is unbelievable. The problem is like every bit of information stuck on a picture it becomes believable and gets shared. Yet with most Facebook "facts," two minutes on Google can dispel them.
This perhaps my number 1 peeve with the referendum. It's such an important vote which will no doubt have an impact on the country either way, but there are so many posts on Facebook which are blatant lies trying to muster up a frenzy.

As for the scaremongering, that's something that I've largely seen from those supporting out, inflating statistics etc. It's also the same lot which are shouting "scaremongering!!" in the comments section whenever they are presented with actual facts. I've genuinely seen people shout it when they were told about trade tariffs. I genuinely believe that a general lack of education is fuelling the fire in a negative way, I don't know whether it's people being blind to something that goes against their views or a lack of ability to be rational.

I've linked an argument a few pages back regarding workers rights, that sort of thing I've yet to see from a perspective showing how we would be better off out, especially at minimum wage level jobs that these rights are a godsend to.

EDIT: As Speedbird has said, in this situation thinking with your heart is the worst thing you can do. The vast majority of support for out that I've seen has been along the lines of putting Great back in Great Britain. There is absolutely no space in the referendum for that attitude. It's a bit ironic when you're putting your nations economy at risk due to national pride in the first place.

Last edited by MYT DC-10; 05-05-2016 at 08:54 PM.
Old 05-06-2016, 03:23 PM   #83
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby

Apologize if i (not English citizen) enter in the debate, but now that Sadiq Khan, a Labour, is the new Mayor of London, don't you think that this is a hard blow for all the Euro-skeptics and Brexit supporters? After all London is the most important city of United Kingdom and one of the most important cities of the world, so maybe the "new wind" in London will change many thoughts and things.
Another question, a bitt off topic but important: with this new Mayor, if and how London "Heathrow" airport many questions will change (third runway, etc. etc.) in your opinion?
Thanks for the answers.

Charter airlines lover
I desperately want...all charter airlines still missing!

Primera, Monarch, airberlin, XL Airways France, Germania, Small Planet, WOW, Aigle Azur, Sterling, Thomas Cook, Adria, Air Italy/Meridiana, Level, FlyBe, SunExpress Germany, Niki-Laudamotion, JetTime, Montenegro Airlines, CSA...R.I.P.
The sky is not the same without you!
Old 05-06-2016, 03:32 PM   #84
Editor 1400Reviews.com

Jetboy2012 is a diecast iconJetboy2012 is a diecast iconJetboy2012 is a diecast iconJetboy2012 is a diecast iconJetboy2012 is a diecast iconJetboy2012 is a diecast iconJetboy2012 is a diecast iconJetboy2012 is a diecast iconJetboy2012 is a diecast iconJetboy2012 is a diecast iconJetboy2012 is a diecast icon

I think it does show a big pro-Rurope under current but don't bet on it. Lost of reason to hope so. In terms of Heathrow, it's a government descision. That makes it less likely because though opposition from the London Mayor may vanish/reduce the prospect of up to 27 MP's facing elections from election expenses fraud and the Conservative seats around and to the west of Heathrow, I would say to approve it would be considered a severe electoral danger in those seats come 2020. With labour chasing out the rotors in London the Torres will not do anything to upset the electorate now. Third runway will be a second runway at ********* The prime minister wants it that way and I suspect that's all the government ever really would have accepted. They're protecting themselves as ever, not the nation, aviation industry or employment/investment.
Old 05-06-2016, 03:45 PM   #85
Master ATP Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charter View Post
Labour
Load of muppets,sorry Charter but it's politics....I don't think London is the most important city in the UK tbh unless it's for finance,other's are just as important if not more to the country...

1939 - 2011

Last edited by vince1159; 05-06-2016 at 04:03 PM.
Old 05-06-2016, 03:58 PM   #86
Big Brother is watching

Anglojet is a legend of the hobbyAnglojet is a legend of the hobbyAnglojet is a legend of the hobbyAnglojet is a legend of the hobbyAnglojet is a legend of the hobbyAnglojet is a legend of the hobbyAnglojet is a legend of the hobbyAnglojet is a legend of the hobbyAnglojet is a legend of the hobbyAnglojet is a legend of the hobbyAnglojet is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Sadiq Khan, a Labour, is the new Mayor of London
Yes, thanks the 900% turn out in Tower Hamlets.

Old 05-06-2016, 06:24 PM   #87
Captain

bskc8th is a legend of the hobbybskc8th is a legend of the hobbybskc8th is a legend of the hobbybskc8th is a legend of the hobbybskc8th is a legend of the hobbybskc8th is a legend of the hobbybskc8th is a legend of the hobbybskc8th is a legend of the hobbybskc8th is a legend of the hobbybskc8th is a legend of the hobbybskc8th is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by furryforest View Post
I'm very pro America and I liked Obama up to that speech but he did the one thing you shouldn't do to the British people and that's put their back to the wall and threaten.
I think it's only seen as a threat by those who are leaning toward Brexit anyway Furry; it makes sense what Obama said. Why would the US want to maintain close links with an economically fragile, virtually militariless country with no influence in Europe? If we leave, I don't blame them for dealing with other countries above the UK because there are far more attractive propositions.

Quote:
Not saying everything is perfect in EU, by far not....but it is also not as bad as so many like to make us believe it is.
As I said Speedbird, I think it depends which side of the debate you are on. Brexit supporters see the 'in' campaign as being fearmongering but speaking as an 'in' supporter, I feel the 'out' arguments are based more on fear and mistrust.

Quote:
Another question, a bitt off topic but important: with this new Mayor, if and how London "Heathrow" airport many questions will change (third runway, etc. etc.) in your opinion?
Thanks for the answers.
I think it's even less likely to change anything Charter, no way will Labour condone housing demolition and forced eviction. Britain is more likely to become an outpost of the Islamic State than Heathrow is to get a third runway anytime soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anglojet View Post
Yes, thanks the 900% turn out in Tower Hamlets.
Seems there has been a discrepancy with the voting; people turned away in Barnet & Camden because they 'were not on the voters register'. Also reports that there has been a '130% voter turnout' which clearly does not tally!

I admit my first reaction was how can you possibly have a Muslim mayor of the British capital, but Sidique Khan has made soom good points in his campaign; he was threatened with death by Islamic extremists when he became an MP for putting man-made law (ie British law) above the 'law of Allah' and a Police protection squad was put on his daughters due to threats to kill them as part of a fatwa against him. I'll reserve judgement until I've seen him in office for a year or so.
Old 05-08-2016, 11:50 AM   #88
Master ATP Captain

A petition was sent to the Queen from Crown Dependency residents to take part in the EU referendem and it was dismissed...Surprisingly we are not part of the uk yet we still have to pay your tv licence,certainly makes you wonder....

1939 - 2011

Last edited by vince1159; 05-09-2016 at 05:05 AM.
Old 05-09-2016, 10:49 AM   #89
Förum King

MYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
A petition was sent to the Queen from Crown Dependency residents to take part in the EU referendem and it was dismissed...Surprisingly we are not part of the uk yet we still have to pay your tv licence,certainly makes you wonder....
Of course it was dismissed, you live in a Crown Dependency that isn't itself part of the EU.

edit: Happy Liberation day to Guernsey btw

Last edited by MYT DC-10; 05-09-2016 at 10:53 AM.
Old 05-09-2016, 11:15 AM   #90
Master ATP Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYT DC-10 View Post
Of course it was dismissed, you live in a Crown Dependency that isn't itself part of the EU.

edit: Happy Liberation day to Guernsey btw
Tell me something i don't know,since we aren't part of the uk or the eu (won't use capitals,i've no respect for either apart from France,Holland and a couple of others) yet as i said before we're still subject to your tv licence fee which is basically a tax and we are also a Tax Haven apparently!...

1939 - 2011
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: