Should the UK stay in the EU? - Page 5 - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Ground Control > General Squawk Talk

View Poll Results: Stay in or leave the EU?
Stay in the EU 32 48.48%
Leave the EU 24 36.36%
Either decision is fine with me 10 15.15%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 05-05-2016, 09:09 AM   #61
Admin

furryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobby
Re: Should the UK stay in the EU?

My issue with the vote is there's no real info other than scaremongering being put out there. I've yet to see clear, constructive arguments from either camp.

I'm very much undecided on which way to vote. I do worry about trade and the impact an exit vote might have. I know the Irish are also nervous about the vote. Some think it will harm them and others are seeing it as an opportunity as they will be the only primarily English speaking nation in the EU and that might provide them with the in point for foreign investment and trade.

Immigration is an issue however I blame social media. The BS posts that flood Facebook alone is unbelievable. The problem is like every bit of information stuck on a picture it becomes believable and gets shared. Yet with most Facebook "facts," two minutes on Google can dispel them.

My personal issue is the Human Rights Act. I believe it has become so convoluted it has lost it's purpose.

- Families of terrorists who took bombs to blow up Police stations are taking the UK to court for not trying to arrest them men as opposed to getting into a firefight with them

-Brevik SUCCESSFULLY taking Norway to court for his inhuman treatment! I saw his cell. It's better than my bedroom

- UK prisoners SUCCESSFULLY winning the right to vote

- Two prisoners tried to claim a breach of their Human Rights because they had to mop the floors in their cells

The list goes on and on and on. My job has a serious Human Rights focus but I find often at the expense of an ordinary citizen. The rights of criminals in the UK ARE above that of the innocent law abiding citizen. You get a healthcare system like no other, access to the very best legal advocates and you get so many of the same perks you have at home. It has become such a retrospective piece of legislation that i'm pretty sure Britain will be taken to court for the Boer War!

Losing this piece of legislation would secure my vote.

I don't know about the rest of my British chums on here, but Barak Obama's not so veiled threat last week very much offended the country and I think he single handedly handed the out vote a massive boost.

Interestingly I work with a French guy and I asked what the feeling at home about the vote was. He said they are very excited. They hope the UK votes out as France want a referendum and this will provide the opportunity. I have also heard that Germany has a supply of Deutschmarks ready to be distributed for a euro-zone collapse
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-05-2016, 09:28 AM   #62
Master ATP Captain

vince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobby

Great post furry,i'd forgotten about the 'back of the queue' speech...

1939 - 2011
Old 05-05-2016, 09:32 AM   #63
Admin

furryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by vince1159 View Post
Great post furry,i'd forgotten about the 'back of the queue' speech...
I'm very pro America and I liked Obama up to that speech but he did the one thing you shouldn't do to the British people and that's put their back to the wall and threaten. Many have tried before and all it does is strengthen our resolve and make us determined. We're a thrand bunch!

I once read a book that said unless you are Ireland or Israel then you do not have a special relationship with the US and I think that speech proved that point

Old 05-05-2016, 10:06 AM   #64
Master ATP Captain

vince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by bskc8th View Post
We agree at least on that Vince!
It was bound to happen sooner or later lol...

1939 - 2011
Old 05-05-2016, 10:15 AM   #65
banned

NY Yankees is a legend of the hobbyNY Yankees is a legend of the hobbyNY Yankees is a legend of the hobbyNY Yankees is a legend of the hobbyNY Yankees is a legend of the hobbyNY Yankees is a legend of the hobbyNY Yankees is a legend of the hobbyNY Yankees is a legend of the hobbyNY Yankees is a legend of the hobbyNY Yankees is a legend of the hobbyNY Yankees is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by furryforest View Post
I'm very pro America and I liked Obama up to that speech but he did the one thing you shouldn't do to the British people and that's put their back to the wall and threaten. Many have tried before and all it does is strengthen our resolve and make us determined. We're a thrand bunch!

I once read a book that said unless you are Ireland or Israel then you do not have a special relationship with the US and I think that speech proved that point
The UK is a closer ally than Ireland and has a special relationship with the US, the vocal Irish catholics in America dont represent the majority of the country, most Americans are actually Protestants.
The American people and politicians always like to see the UK's participation in any major conflict we're involved in.

Going back to ww1 and ww2, i think a lot of Americans see the UK as a moral compass Also because most wars we fought along side with the Brits, we won.

Israel has a special relationship with the US mainly bc it's the only democracy in the middle east and only country in the middle East that share our values.
Old 05-05-2016, 10:18 AM   #66
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Yankees View Post
The UK is a closer ally than Ireland and has a special relationship with the US, the vocal Irish catholics in America dont represent the majority of the country, most Americans are actually Protestants.
The American people and politicians always like to see the UK's participation in any major conflict we're involved in.

Going back to ww1 and ww2, i think a lot of Americans see the UK as a moral compass Also because most wars we fought along side with the Brits, we won.

Israel has a special relationship with the US mainly bc it's the only democracy in the middle east and only country in the middle East that share our values.
It's good to hear that! I don't think its a Catholic/Protestant thing. If I remember correctly there are approximately 40 million people who identify as Irish Americans and the most notable being the Kennedy dynasty. That's a big chunk of the population so I can understand the connection.
Old 05-05-2016, 11:13 AM   #67
Senior Captain

Speedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobby

Yawn...a Germany bashing thread and blaming all mistakes done in Brussels to one country.
(who needs to remember how countries like Portugal, Ireland (Celtic Tiger) or Spain were taking Profit from the EU for a Long number of years).
But who remembers the past when times are getting a bit turmoiled....much easier blaming others for Troubles.
Easy and avoids that people look at mistakes and crap the own country does. Worked for centuries and works again now. And by the way...EVERYTHING was better in the past !
Interesting how so many things in the thread are mixed and put in Connection which dont have anything to do with each other, some not even having anything to do with European Union.

I would like to see the UK staying in, but if you choose to go, then go.....I am sure biggest loser of this would be the UK in the end.

Not saying everything is perfect in EU, by far not....but it is also not as bad as so many like to make us believe it is.
Old 05-05-2016, 11:17 AM   #68
banned

NY Yankees is a legend of the hobbyNY Yankees is a legend of the hobbyNY Yankees is a legend of the hobbyNY Yankees is a legend of the hobbyNY Yankees is a legend of the hobbyNY Yankees is a legend of the hobbyNY Yankees is a legend of the hobbyNY Yankees is a legend of the hobbyNY Yankees is a legend of the hobbyNY Yankees is a legend of the hobbyNY Yankees is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
It's good to hear that! I don't think its a Catholic/Protestant thing. If I remember correctly there are approximately 40 million people who identify as Irish Americans and the most notable being the Kennedy dynasty. That's a big chunk of the population so I can understand the connection.
That's 40 millon out of 310 million and IMO the hardcore Irish causes sympathizers are less than 10 million, they tend to be Catholics from Massachusetts (Boston), Rhode Island, New England states.
Unfortunately some Brits paint all Americans with the same broad brush.
Old 05-05-2016, 12:08 PM   #69
Admin

Speedbird, out of curiosity is there a desire for a referendum in Germany about your EU membership?
Old 05-05-2016, 12:57 PM   #70
banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedbird 001 View Post
Yawn...a Germany bashing thread and blaming all mistakes done in Brussels to one country.
(who needs to remember how countries like Portugal, Ireland (Celtic Tiger) or Spain were taking Profit from the EU for a Long number of years).
But who remembers the past when times are getting a bit turmoiled....much easier blaming others for Troubles.
Easy and avoids that people look at mistakes and crap the own country does. Worked for centuries and works again now. And by the way...EVERYTHING was better in the past !
Interesting how so many things in the thread are mixed and put in Connection which dont have anything to do with each other, some not even having anything to do with European Union.

I would like to see the UK staying in, but if you choose to go, then go.....I am sure biggest loser of this would be the UK in the end.

Not saying everything is perfect in EU, by far not....but it is also not as bad as so many like to make us believe it is.

It's hard to have a constructive discussion when you accuse other members of bashing Germany. This is the other Speedbird's M.O. .
Another example, Germany helped set up strict emission standards that German companies like VW don't follow and cheat, if it wasnt for a small research team at the University of West Virginia, we wouldn't ve known about it. It went on for years.
And Land Rover stopped making the Defender because it couldn't meet the tough Euro emission standards.
Old 05-05-2016, 01:03 PM   #71
Senior Captain

Speedbird 48 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 48 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 48 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 48 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 48 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 48 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 48 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 48 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 48 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 48 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 48 is a legend of the hobby

[QUOTE -Brevik SUCCESSFULLY taking Norway to court for his inhuman treatment! I saw his cell. It's better than my bedroom[/QUOTE]
I just read about this. Its shocking that a terrorist has such good treatment! And he has the nerve to sue them?
Old 05-05-2016, 01:33 PM   #72
Master ATP Captain

Furry,wasn't there a few cases of burglars suing the owners of properties they'd broken into for assault after the victims had tried to defend themselves....

1939 - 2011
Old 05-05-2016, 01:44 PM   #73
Senior Captain

Speedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Speedbird, out of curiosity is there a desire for a referendum in Germany about your EU membership?
With some people there might be a desire, but it isnt supposed to happen and this is good in my view.

If we would do a Referendum for everything, many People tend to use their hearts or stomach Feeling of that exact Moment instead of thinking few further miles on and with their Brains. Now guys, is the time of right wing pied pipers who find easily people to follow them....because they offer so many Solutions to the wishes and Needs of the People. Sole Problem is...they dont tell you how.
Old 05-05-2016, 01:55 PM   #74
Senior Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Yankees View Post
It's hard to have a constructive discussion when you accuse other members of bashing Germany. This is the other Speedbird's M.O. .
Another example, Germany helped set up strict emission standards that German companies like VW don't follow and cheat, if it wasnt for a small research team at the University of West Virginia, we wouldn't ve known about it. It went on for years.
And Land Rover stopped making the Defender because it couldn't meet the tough Euro emission standards.
Then read many of the Posts....EU is Germany, Germany is the only winner of EU and all that stuff.....not really constructive.

Aha ? And Mitsubishi and Toyota didnt do that for example ? And you think you can sniff at your GM or Chrysler exhaust and it will send out exactly same what they Claim ? LOL....come on, seriously. They all cheat, but some get caught and some dont.....that doesnt justify they did it, in no way and their is big Anger about VW in Germany as well.
But as I said....doesnt have to do anything at all with EU in direct Connection.
Landrover Defender was "banned" for Emission and pedestrian protection, but as far as I know it was reworked thereafter and you can buy Defenders again. So how does that Argument fit now ?

Why didnt the EU or the US control the cars themselves ? How come they only found out now if it went on for years ?

US btw also have very high Emission Standards in some areas....do you think all your cars, ships and jets are bound to that ?

Check this btw.....Interesting ? Or maybe less because it is India ?
http://www.just-auto.com/news/gm-sac..._id136967.aspx

Not blaming any direction, but saying there is black sheep on every Corner.....and trust me, especially the area Close to where I live is not so far away from VW.
The german public is very much annoyed by this, as many drive VW here.

Last edited by Speedbird 001; 05-05-2016 at 02:02 PM.
Old 05-05-2016, 01:59 PM   #75
Senior Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by vince1159 View Post
Furry,wasn't there a few cases of burglars suing the owners of properties they'd broken into for assault after the victims had tried to defend themselves....
Yep, we also had incidents like this....hard to believe that protection of the individual citizen is less important than the criminal.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: