Should the UK stay in the EU? - Page 40 - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Ground Control > General Squawk Talk

View Poll Results: Stay in or leave the EU?
Stay in the EU 32 48.48%
Leave the EU 24 36.36%
Either decision is fine with me 10 15.15%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 04-13-2017, 03:19 PM   #586
ATP Captain

bmibaby737 is a top dogbmibaby737 is a top dogbmibaby737 is a top dogbmibaby737 is a top dogbmibaby737 is a top dogbmibaby737 is a top dogbmibaby737 is a top dogbmibaby737 is a top dogbmibaby737 is a top dogbmibaby737 is a top dogbmibaby737 is a top dog
Re: Should the UK stay in the EU?

UKIP have won two seats in Westminister in the past. That was more than the greens t the time. They also have 5 Welsh Assembly AM's and have more MEP's than any other political party. Russel Brand has been on question time in the past. Does he have any MP's? I don't see what the issue is with UKIP to tell you the truth. There just another political party. They have more MEP's, more local government, more welsh assembly AM's and for a time more MP's than the greens. I think there air time is justified.

London and indeed the U.K. Is set for an Easter tourism bonanza as record numbers flock to the UK - a huge surge in inbound flight bookings and reservations for hotels and attractions compared with last year. Tourists are rushing to take advantage of UK's 'bargain' status following the 10-15 per cent devaluation of the pound in the wake of the Brexit referendum. Booking for international flights to London are up by 61 per cent compared to Easter 2016.

The worst news reporting I seen from the BBC regarding brexit was them telling us it was very likley we would have to apply for visas to visit spain in the future. The biggest mess up the government made during the campaign was going on and on about how london's banking sector will be hit. Turns out they've now realised that most of the population in the UK doesn't live in london. It was the labour voters in the North that won the election. Cameron shot himself in the foot by having an opinion. Should of had no opinion on the matter than trying to influence the stay vote, one of the best things to come out of brexit was the Cam/Osbourne chumocracy coming to an end.

Last edited by bmibaby737; 04-13-2017 at 03:23 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-13-2017, 04:01 PM   #587
Captain

bskc8th is a legend of the hobbybskc8th is a legend of the hobbybskc8th is a legend of the hobbybskc8th is a legend of the hobbybskc8th is a legend of the hobbybskc8th is a legend of the hobbybskc8th is a legend of the hobbybskc8th is a legend of the hobbybskc8th is a legend of the hobbybskc8th is a legend of the hobbybskc8th is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmibaby737 View Post
UKIP have won two seats in Westminister in the past. That was more than the greens t the time. They also have 5 Welsh Assembly AM's and have more MEP's than any other political party. Russel Brand has been on question time in the past. Does he have any MP's? I don't see what the issue is with UKIP to tell you the truth. There just another political party. They have more MEP's, more local government, more welsh assembly AM's and for a time more MP's than the greens. I think there air time is justified.

London and indeed the U.K. Is set for an Easter tourism bonanza as record numbers flock to the UK - a huge surge in inbound flight bookings and reservations for hotels and attractions compared with last year. Tourists are rushing to take advantage of UK's 'bargain' status following the 10-15 per cent devaluation of the pound in the wake of the Brexit referendum. Booking for international flights to London are up by 61 per cent compared to Easter 2016.

The worst news reporting I seen from the BBC regarding brexit was them telling us it was very likley we would have to apply for visas to visit spain in the future. The biggest mess up the government made during the campaign was going on and on about how london's banking sector will be hit. Turns out they've now realised that most of the population in the UK doesn't live in london. It was the labour voters in the North that won the election. Cameron shot himself in the foot by having an opinion. Should of had no opinion on the matter than trying to influence the stay vote, one of the best things to come out of brexit was the Cam/Osbourne chumocracy coming to an end.
Mark Reckless and Douglas Carswell were both 'fallen' Tories; no original UKIP candidate has ever been elected to parliament. I agree with you however that Russell Brand et al have no place being on a serious political discourse show. (PS it is 'their' and 'they're' - sorry, just a pet hate of mine when people get them mixed up!)

However, UKIP's representation is disproportionate; Nigel Farage alone has appeared on 25% of all QT episodes since May 2010. UKIP has, at last count, 32,000 members.

The Green Party has had representation on 7% of all shows since May 2010, and yet has 53,000 members. Kindly explain how this is fair representation? How is UKIP's biased view of the EU any more important than the Green's view on the environment?

While the news on tourism is good, how will that benefit areas like my region of the UK? Tourists will take advantage of the weak pound, but they will not change their habits on what parts of the UK they want to see and where they will spend that devalued pound. It will still be London, York, Edinburgh etc. If we are arguing that London and the banking sector's income are irrelevant to most of the UK, then so is the tourist trade. Any advantage to the tourist trade is pretty insignifcant compared to the strain the weak pound is putting on the NHS; we have got to the absurd point where we can't even order basic stationery like printer cartridges because the trust doesn't have the money for it, such has the cost of medical equipment and pharmaceuticals increased. Brexit may well kill the NHS as we know it and the most frightening thing is the rabid anti-EU press are not telling you a thing about it.

You mention Labour voters in the north enabling Brexit to happen, and that, to me, is the saddest thing. They've benefited from millions of pounds of EU regional development fund money since the dark days of the 1980's when the British government tore the mining industry apart. Westminster has done nothing for my region for decades and yet 'the north' was fooled into strengthening the grip of that body.

With regard to needing a visa to travel, it remains a possibility. What is absurd is that the government are actually considering spending 490 million on changing the colour of the passport back to blue. How in the name of all that is holy does that improve the lot of any working class man, woman or child? Apparently it is about 'pride' if the Daily Mail is to be believed, or about ending the 'decades of humiliation' that Brits have felt carrying EU passports. Funnily enough, I've always been proud to carry my red passport emblazoned with the coat of arms and the legend 'United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland' - and equally proud that legend sits with 'European Union'. Every time I've used my passport since June I've been flushed with embarassment, anger and shame. Changing my passport to a blue one will not solve that. I think Brexiteers are singularly failing to acknowledge that these emotions exist for a great many people. No amount of shouting and ranting about 'Remoaners' and accusations of being 'traitors', 'snowflakes' or 'libtards' is going to alleviate those feelings; if anything it compounds them.
Old 06-22-2017, 10:35 AM   #588
Big Brother is watching

Anglojet is a legend of the hobbyAnglojet is a legend of the hobbyAnglojet is a legend of the hobbyAnglojet is a legend of the hobbyAnglojet is a legend of the hobbyAnglojet is a legend of the hobbyAnglojet is a legend of the hobbyAnglojet is a legend of the hobbyAnglojet is a legend of the hobbyAnglojet is a legend of the hobbyAnglojet is a legend of the hobby

Tusk playing into the hands of the elites in offering the UK a chance to stay in the EU. The people must not let this evil succeed.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-40362594

Old 06-22-2017, 01:54 PM   #589
Captain

bskc8th is a legend of the hobbybskc8th is a legend of the hobbybskc8th is a legend of the hobbybskc8th is a legend of the hobbybskc8th is a legend of the hobbybskc8th is a legend of the hobbybskc8th is a legend of the hobbybskc8th is a legend of the hobbybskc8th is a legend of the hobbybskc8th is a legend of the hobbybskc8th is a legend of the hobby

16.4 million spent by Leave campaign during the referendum (more than the 'elite' remain campaign), bankrolled by a diamond mine owner, a billionaire former Conservative ex-treasurer and propped up by Murdoch's anti-European 'newspapers'.

Ask yourself who the real 'elite' are.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: