The ATR project - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Model Terminal > Custom Models

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 04-22-2015, 07:15 PM   #1
Student pilot

Malefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dog
The ATR project

A small project Iím working on since 2 or 3 weeks now : making a replica of a Herpa ATR72 in metal.

First, I disassembled the model made by Herpa.

Then I bought a sort of modelling clay with silicon to make a print of each part : the fuselage, the wings + engines, the tail and the stabilizer. At this point, I donít know how I will make the wheels ans propellers.

With a special metal (some of you knows perhaps what are the soldiers of PRINCE AUGUST, check on google how we do them, thatís the same principle) which have a low point of fusion, I tried to make a first model. I reworked on each parts with a cutter and sandpaper and here is the first looking of the model:

Iím happy with a such result even if it has some defects. Next step will the painting, and to find a way to make propellers and landing gears.
Advertisement

Old 04-22-2015, 08:22 PM   #2
Selfie with bros

LeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobby
Re: The ATR project

That looks amazing!
I wish you could make a LIAT one...
Old 04-23-2015, 07:14 AM   #3
Student pilot

Malefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dog

Thanks ! LIAT is on my list ...

Old 04-23-2015, 10:21 AM   #4
Sympathy for the devil 😈

Wingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobby

Magnifique!

I suggest you to make HOP or EY Regional

My collection: http://www.diecastmodelaircraft.com/...usselsairlines
Wingslover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 06:06 PM   #5
Student pilot

Hop ! will be the first, I already printed the decals. Air CaraÔbes will follow. 3 models are already waiting for the painting but I prefer making a good one before working on the others. I have also the Herpa donor that will be customized too.

Today I tried to make propellers. I have both options so I tried to make a set of each with a product called Liquid FIMO. It becomes solid at 130įC So let’s go into the oven.

They are very fragile, many more than real Herpa one... I’m searching a way (if it’s possible) to make them a bit more rigid.

Old 04-23-2015, 08:18 PM   #6
Selfie with bros

LeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobby

Air Caraibes will be AMAZING
Old 04-24-2015, 12:56 PM   #7
Student pilot

A first view of how it can look. Maybe strange but not bad in my opinion. The cockpit should be higher I think.

Old 04-25-2015, 06:09 AM   #8
Freight forwarder

7wesker7 is a legend of the hobby7wesker7 is a legend of the hobby7wesker7 is a legend of the hobby7wesker7 is a legend of the hobby7wesker7 is a legend of the hobby7wesker7 is a legend of the hobby7wesker7 is a legend of the hobby7wesker7 is a legend of the hobby7wesker7 is a legend of the hobby7wesker7 is a legend of the hobby7wesker7 is a legend of the hobby

Wow, just amazing
211 models in 1:500
My rnav photos
7wesker7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 05:53 PM   #9
Student pilot

MSN 001 is almost ready for his maiden flight :

First landing at Malefiska International :

(I need to adjust the stab and glue the wings to the body and it will be good for this one
Propellers are a bit strange but I canít do better I think)
Old 04-26-2015, 05:27 PM   #10
Freight forwarder

7wesker7 is a legend of the hobby7wesker7 is a legend of the hobby7wesker7 is a legend of the hobby7wesker7 is a legend of the hobby7wesker7 is a legend of the hobby7wesker7 is a legend of the hobby7wesker7 is a legend of the hobby7wesker7 is a legend of the hobby7wesker7 is a legend of the hobby7wesker7 is a legend of the hobby7wesker7 is a legend of the hobby

It looks better than Herpa's one! Go, go, sell those
211 models in 1:500
My rnav photos
7wesker7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 05:28 PM   #11
Sympathy for the devil 😈

Wingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobby

Magnifique! J'adore!

Awesome!

Old 04-26-2015, 06:15 PM   #12
Masur

Qupax is a good contributorQupax is a good contributorQupax is a good contributorQupax is a good contributorQupax is a good contributorQupax is a good contributorQupax is a good contributorQupax is a good contributorQupax is a good contributorQupax is a good contributorQupax is a good contributor

Are the main gears level? they don't look level.
Qupax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 02:41 PM   #13
Student pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingslover View Post
Magnifique! J'adore!

Awesome!
Thank you !

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7wesker7 View Post
It looks better than Herpa's one! Go, go, sell those
Haha thank you ! It can be an option but I don't want. It has more details because of the decals but the mold itself is more coarse than the Herpa one (it's normal, it's a replica.)

Who knows, maybe one day, I will design my own metal injection mold and I will create a company like Herpa !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qupax View Post
Are the main gears level? they don't look level.
Landing gears are made with a plastic sheath I usually use for my RC models. I would like to put something grey on them, they would look better.
Wheels under the nose should be higher. I will try to add door too.
Old 04-27-2015, 04:44 PM   #14
Sympathy for the devil 😈

[QUOTE=Malefiska;650569]

Who knows, maybe one day, I will design my own metal injection mold and I will create a company like Herpa !

/QUOTE]
Attached Thumbnails
The ATR project-image.jpg  

Old 04-27-2015, 04:44 PM   #15
Student pilot

Some other pics, you will that all is not perfect at all :

Oh damn, a tail strike ! Because of the metal stab, the model is overweighted at its back.

Under Herpa plastic box :

The angle of the stab... no comment

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: