Where to buy blank decals for custom models? - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Model Terminal > Custom Models

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 09-23-2010, 06:05 AM   #1
RJ Second Officer

PASHKA is getting startedPASHKA is getting startedPASHKA is getting startedPASHKA is getting started
Where to buy blank decals for custom models?

Hi,

I am planning to to a custom model in 1:200 scale. I read quite few forums how to do it, but couldn't find any answers where to buy decal paper? Could somone advice me where I can buy it in UK or Europe?

If you could let me know it would be great

pashka
Advertisement

Old 09-23-2010, 08:21 AM   #2
1/400 Collector

nathanbennett is a legend of the hobbynathanbennett is a legend of the hobbynathanbennett is a legend of the hobbynathanbennett is a legend of the hobbynathanbennett is a legend of the hobbynathanbennett is a legend of the hobbynathanbennett is a legend of the hobbynathanbennett is a legend of the hobbynathanbennett is a legend of the hobbynathanbennett is a legend of the hobbynathanbennett is a legend of the hobby
Re: Where to buy blank decals for custom models?

I am sure there will be others on here who will be able to give you the exact info but I am pretty sure you need to be looking for 'Water Slide' paper to create the decals. Ebay is the place for this unless you track down a local hobby/craft store.

I have personally been using some plain sheets of rub on transfer paper. This can be purchased from the shop Hobbycraft. I think it is called Rub-Onz or something like that. You get 5 sheets in a pack. Basically you can print onto the sheets with the graphics in reverse, apply some special film to it and then apply to the model. The only downside to this I have found though is that once the air gets to it they start to fade after a few months. Even though more of a mission, Water slide paper is probably the best solution.

Cheers
Old 09-23-2010, 10:37 AM   #3
CBC Team Head

CB Customs is a diecast iconCB Customs is a diecast iconCB Customs is a diecast iconCB Customs is a diecast iconCB Customs is a diecast iconCB Customs is a diecast iconCB Customs is a diecast iconCB Customs is a diecast iconCB Customs is a diecast iconCB Customs is a diecast iconCB Customs is a diecast icon

For UK (and other contries) youŽll find it here: Inkjet Papers and Fabrics, Window Stickers and Other Arts and Craft Materials

http://www.cb-customs.de

[email protected]
CB Customs is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-25-2010, 06:39 AM   #4
Master ATP Captain

lollomz is a top doglollomz is a top doglollomz is a top doglollomz is a top doglollomz is a top doglollomz is a top doglollomz is a top doglollomz is a top doglollomz is a top doglollomz is a top doglollomz is a top dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by PASHKA View Post
Hi,

I am planning to to a custom model in 1:200 scale. I read quite few forums how to do it, but couldn't find any answers where to buy decal paper? Could somone advice me where I can buy it in UK or Europe?

If you could let me know it would be great

pashka
I have some foils to sell, if interested please send me a PM.

Lollo

lollomz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
1:200, custom models, decals

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: