Beauties from Europe 1:500 (PT-TAA) - Page 2 - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Model Terminal > Custom Models

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 06-08-2009, 12:32 PM   #16
Doctor Custom

PT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobby
Re: BMI Baby 737-300 1/500

Quote:
Originally Posted by furryforest View Post
That's a great model. I never thought i would get to see it in 1/500. Very impressive
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAX-777 View Post
I don't collect British carriers (besides the heavies), but this one could change my mind if it was a regular release! It is great! Has it been added to the database yet?
Thank you guys!!
No, ot added to the database yet. But I think it will not be added because it isn't part of a particular line or brand.

Rgds
Sergio

Always keep improving! 'The excellency of today will be future's mediocrity.'
PT-TAA is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-08-2009, 12:57 PM   #17
Doctor Custom

PT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobby
Alitalia A320 1/500

Here's the fifth custom: Alitalia A320 I-BIKB Wolfgang Amadeus MOZART, donor is Herpa CSA old colors in 1/500 scale. Enjoy!!

Old 06-08-2009, 01:03 PM   #18
Doctor Custom

Skyexpress 737-300 1/500

Hello again! Let me show you my sixth creature of the batch: Skyexpress 737-300, donor is Herpa Go 737-300. Skyexpress is a Russian low cost carrier, If I remember correctly it's a subsidiary of Aeroflot. Enjoy!!

Old 06-08-2009, 01:15 PM   #19
ZNY Controller Trainee

SouthwestAirlines is a top dogSouthwestAirlines is a top dogSouthwestAirlines is a top dogSouthwestAirlines is a top dogSouthwestAirlines is a top dogSouthwestAirlines is a top dogSouthwestAirlines is a top dogSouthwestAirlines is a top dogSouthwestAirlines is a top dogSouthwestAirlines is a top dogSouthwestAirlines is a top dog
Re: Skyexpress 737-300 1/500

Very nice! That's one Herpa's better molds.
Frank Luke Jr. International
SouthwestAirlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 01:42 PM   #20
Doctor Custom

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthwestAirlines View Post
Very nice! That's one Herpa's better molds.
Thanks!
But I don't agree with you about the Herpa 737 mould...it sucks!!! Should be time Herpa update it's 737 classics moulds!!

Last edited by PT-TAA; 06-08-2009 at 02:31 PM.
Old 06-08-2009, 02:15 PM   #21
ZNY Controller Trainee

SouthwestAirlines is a top dogSouthwestAirlines is a top dogSouthwestAirlines is a top dogSouthwestAirlines is a top dogSouthwestAirlines is a top dogSouthwestAirlines is a top dogSouthwestAirlines is a top dogSouthwestAirlines is a top dogSouthwestAirlines is a top dogSouthwestAirlines is a top dogSouthwestAirlines is a top dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by PT-TAA View Post
Thanks!
But I don't agree with you about the Herpa 737 mould...it sucks!!! Should be time Herpa update it's 737 classics mouds!!
Oh wait, sorry I got the 300 mixed up with the 500, but yes the moulds do need an update.
Frank Luke Jr. International
SouthwestAirlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 02:33 PM   #22
Doctor Custom

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthwestAirlines View Post
Oh wait, sorry I got the 300 mixed up with the 500, but yes the moulds do need an update.
Speaking of -500, in the next days I'll post a very colorful 737-500, stay tunned!

Old 06-08-2009, 03:26 PM   #23
RJ Captain

oprandi tomas is a good contributoroprandi tomas is a good contributoroprandi tomas is a good contributoroprandi tomas is a good contributoroprandi tomas is a good contributoroprandi tomas is a good contributoroprandi tomas is a good contributoroprandi tomas is a good contributoroprandi tomas is a good contributoroprandi tomas is a good contributoroprandi tomas is a good contributor
Re: Alitalia A320 1/500

ottimo lavoro complimentiun gioiellino
Old 06-08-2009, 03:28 PM   #24
Doctor Custom

Re: Alitalia A320 1/500

Quote:
Originally Posted by oprandi tomas View Post
ottimo lavoro complimentiun gioiellino
Grazie!!

Old 06-09-2009, 03:59 AM   #25
Doctor Custom

Smartwings 737-500 1/500

Here's the seventh: Smartwings 737-500, a Czech low cost airline. Donor is Herpa Lufthansa 737-500 1/500 scale. The donor itself has a story. Five years ago I moved from my previous home. When I was putting my models on their boxes this one fell on the ground. Its nose was severely damaged, I was about to throw it on the trash but at the end I decided to keep it on it's box. Four years later, when I began to make customs I tought to cannibalize it for spare parts, in fact I've taken its stabs to use them as replacement for a 737-400 which came with wrong stabs. At a point I decided to restore its nose with putty. The restoration was a complete success so I've taken it as donor for this project. Because LH planes have white wings I had to paint them in grey, their slats and corroguards in two shades of silver. For the missing stabs I've made a replacement pair with resin. The custom isn't finished yet, I have to make some retouches and corrections to the wing leading edge painting and on the fin and have to paint the stabs, they're still bare resin, I put them in place for fitting tests and to make the pictures. I really like the paint job, it was the first time I've done curved masking on a so small surface. Now I'm confident with this kind of masking and perhaps in future there will be a Monarch A321!! Enjoy!!

Last edited by PT-TAA; 06-09-2009 at 04:11 AM.
Old 06-09-2009, 05:26 AM   #26
Second Officer

TheCreater is getting startedTheCreater is getting startedTheCreater is getting startedTheCreater is getting startedTheCreater is getting startedTheCreater is getting started
Re: Smartwings 737-500 1/500

Great job!
The model looks really cool,Im sure it was hard to paint this scheme.
Im wondering how did you manage to keep both sides symmetrical.
I dont really understand how you do it,do you use decals?
Your Globe - Our Expertise.
TheCreater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 05:37 AM   #27
Admin

furryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobby

Sergio-even 24 hours after this little beaut came to my attention it still blows me away.
Old 06-09-2009, 05:39 AM   #28
Doctor Custom

Re: Smartwings 737-500 1/500

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCreater View Post
Great job!
The model looks really cool,Im sure it was hard to paint this scheme.
Im wondering how did you manage to keep both sides symmetrical.
I dont really understand how you do it,do you use decals?
Thanks!!
Yes I used decals. Regarding the orange painting, to help make curved masking I cut thin stripes of masking tape for the borders, It's easier to make curves. the area behind the borders, tail and part of wings were masked with liquid masking like Maskol (Humbrol).

Old 06-09-2009, 05:48 AM   #29
Doctor Custom

Quote:
Originally Posted by furryforest View Post
Sergio-even 24 hours after this little beaut came to my attention it still blows me away.
Hehehe, I'm glad about that!!
Indeed it's one of the best I've ever made. The entire batch (10 models) I'm showing is for a customer of mine ( and a good friend) from Rome and it's the most colorful I've made to date. Indeed he have a very good taste, sure I'll feel bad when they will depart to their new home.

Old 06-09-2009, 07:57 AM   #30
ATP Captain

matt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobby

Excellent! Can you make them in 1/400...? Perfect with the other low-costies I have at my airport.

Well Done

Matt

For Sale | My Collection
matt109 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: