A tribute to two MASTERS: Sergio and Lorenzo. - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Model Terminal > Custom Models

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 08-09-2020, 03:47 PM   #1
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby
A tribute to two MASTERS: Sergio and Lorenzo.

Hi.
Two MASTERS of custom models will no more produce them: lollomz (Lorenzo) and PT-TAA (Sergio) retired from they amazing job because of the same problems...age.
I remember when Sergio started his marvellous adventure: it was a real challenge, pupil of the mythical Bert (CB Customs).
I was so lucky to visit Bert's house, a real "treasure cave" with the place where he was realizing all his wonderful models.
Then i started to buy customs from CB Customs (among them a "dedicated" A400 Tu-154, a dream for me, Russian airline using Bulgarian Air Charter Tu-154)

some built by Bert and some built by Sergio: i did not know Sergio reached such levels of perfection and his well known skills, so i started to buy models from him. I still remember when i have been to the beautiful Verona (Sergio was living there before to return to Brazil) with my wife andmy cat Isidoro, and i bought at least 30 customs (some, like Smartwings B737-500 or Seagle Air B737-300 for example, real masterpiece of beauty!).

Many, many customs bought from Sergio until i had to stop because i had a cancer so my money were necessary to save my life...
Sergio continued his brilliant adventure, realizing masterpieces over masterpieces and making 1:500 world happier and more satisfying for many collectors.
My heart is with you Sergio, dear friend, and many thanks for your wonderful products.

Lorenzo is eclectic, curious, imaginative, closer to us living in Rome and the central-Italy in general than a Milan citizen, in the "cold" north. Lorenzo created his "5Customs" world, with five pieces of each custom, realizing amazing masterpieces.
I just remember the "5Customs" n.28, a Fars Air Qeshm Yak-42 EP-QFA, the year was 2015. Amazing.
I bought several customs from Lorenzo, and this is the most beautiful fro me and my dreams

Two different ways to make customs, two different skills, two IMMENSE MASTERS!
Thanks to both for your immense contribution to our hobby.
Ale

Charter airlines lover
I desperately want...all charter airlines still missing!

Primera, Monarch, airberlin, XL Airways France, Germania, Small Planet, WOW, Aigle Azur, Sterling, Thomas Cook, Adria, Air Italy/Meridiana, Level, FlyBe, SunExpress Germany, Niki-Laudamotion, JetTime...R.I.P.
The sky is not the same without you!
Charter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-09-2020, 04:07 PM   #2
Doctor Custom

PT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobby
Re: A tribute to two MASTERS: Sergio and Lorenzo.

Thank you very much, Ale! Really meaningful from your part! One thing that few people know, it was Lollo who introduced me to the customizing world, asking me to paint a TAROM Tu-154B tail. At that time I was a modeller of 1/72 scale WWII Japanese planes and I took that project with curiosity and enthusiasm. I not only painted the tail, I also drilled the engine exhausts and made the engine fans, blade by blade. It was around April 2008...time flew!! Since then more than 1200 customs left my work table. But I'll be around at least until year's end, I still have so much models from orders to finish.

Always keep improving! 'The excellency of today will be future's mediocrity.'
PT-TAA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 04:10 PM   #3
Captain

Speedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobby

I can undersign this as well, Ale.

While I havent bought anything from Lollo (didnt even know up to now that he did customs, but the one you showed, is beautiful, I have bought many from Sergio and he actually created some "flashback" models for me. All of them were a small journey into the past of aviation history and therefore they do have a special place in my heart and collection. These are truly great models, absolute unique and great to look at. Their skills and creations, innovations and ideas to come as close as possible to the original will be sadly missed.

I have to say same for 2 others which are unfortunately not doing customs anymore, Bert and Allan.
Have received also from these 2 Gents some marvellous pieces, if I alone think of the
Las Vegas Sands 747SP which Allan did for me.
Speedbird 001 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-09-2020, 04:12 PM   #4
Captain

Speedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by PT-TAA View Post
Thank you very much, Ale! Really meaningful from your part! One thing that few people know, it was Lollo who introduced me to the customizing world, asking me to paint a TAROM Tu-154B tail. At that time I was a modeller of 1/72 scale WWII Japanese planes and I took that project with curiosity and enthusiasm. I not only painted the tail, I also drilled the engine exhausts and made the engine fans, blade by blade. It was around April 2008...time flew!! Since then more than 1200 customs left my work table. But I'll be around at least until year's end, I still have so much models from orders to finish.
Sergio, time to tell us a few secrets....

- What is your most favourite custom you ever created for a) yourself and b) for someone else ?

- What was your most challenging / exhausting custom and why ?

Share a piece of 12 years customs work with us.
Old 08-09-2020, 04:21 PM   #5
Doctor Custom

PT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedbird 001 View Post
I can undersign this as well, Ale.

While I havent bought anything from Lollo (didnt even know up to now that he did customs, but the one you showed, is beautiful, I have bought many from Sergio and he actually created some "flashback" models for me. All of them were a small journey into the past of aviation history and therefore they do have a special place in my heart and collection. These are truly great models, absolute unique and great to look at. Their skills and creations, innovations and ideas to come as close as possible to the original will be sadly missed.

I have to say same for 2 others which are unfortunately not doing customs anymore, Bert and Allan.
Have received also from these 2 Gents some marvellous pieces, if I alone think of the
Las Vegas Sands 747SP which Allan did for me.
Thank you for your words, Norbert!
On my opinion Bert and Allan should be part of this tribute as well.

Old 08-09-2020, 04:48 PM   #6
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby
About 20 years of masterpieces.

Charter airlines lover
I desperately want...all charter airlines still missing!

Primera, Monarch, airberlin, XL Airways France, Germania, Small Planet, WOW, Aigle Azur, Sterling, Thomas Cook, Adria, Air Italy/Meridiana, Level, FlyBe, SunExpress Germany, Niki-Laudamotion, JetTime...R.I.P.
The sky is not the same without you!
Charter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 04:52 PM   #7
Doctor Custom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedbird 001 View Post
Sergio, time to tell us a few secrets....

- What is your most favourite custom you ever created for a) yourself and b) for someone else ?
Really difficult to answer with just one model!

a) For myself there are the TransBrasil 767-200s (including PT-TAA), Varig 747-300 Star Alliance, Centurion/Sky Lease Cargo MD-11s...I'm sure there should be more, but I don't remember now;

b) For someone else, Cougar Super 27 (made together with Bert - with engine upgrades), 727s with Stage Three hushkits, a trio of LOT Tu-134As with glazed nose and chin radome, a LOT Ju-52/3m with wheel spats and Faucett Peru L-1011...even this list should be bigger.

I also add the c) the most frustrating custom was the Deutsche Lufthansa He-111C/L project, I spent more than $100 in decals, resin and other stuff and never had success on finish it.

Quote:
- What was your most challenging / exhausting custom and why ?
Difficult to say...one was adding winglets to a 767, too fragile, so I didn't made others. The most recent one was a Shahin 707, because of masking and painting straight parallel colors! One mistake and I had to remove the paint and start from 0.

Quote:
Share a piece of 12 years customs work with us.
Please take a look at this thread:

https://www.wings900.com/vb/custom-m...om-making.html

Last edited by PT-TAA; 08-09-2020 at 04:57 PM.
Old 08-09-2020, 09:36 PM   #8
Selfie with bros

LeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobby

A lovely tribute for these masters of custom work, who certainly serve as an inspiration!

I'm happy to know SÚrgio personally, visiting his place back when he was living in Recife. I'm also a happy owner of a few of his creations
It's always wonderful to see the little gems they both create. Custom models are fantastic!!!
Old 08-10-2020, 07:46 AM   #9
Admin

DutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobby

Fitting tribute to two of the greatest custom makers on the Forum.

I haven't bought anything from these 2, but I have about 5 or 6 models from Allan (Anglojet) who is also a master of customs. He cannot be forgotten here.

My Amsterdam Schiphol in 1:500: http://www.wings900.com/vb/model-air...l-airport.html
DutchCollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 10:44 AM   #10
Captain

When talking abhout Allan, I mentioned the model he made for me, next to few others.
This must have been the best really I got from him. Very neat, of course next to fact that it is in any case a fantastic plane and livery.
Attached Thumbnails
A tribute to two MASTERS: Sergio and Lorenzo.-1.jpg  
Old 08-10-2020, 12:21 PM   #11
Admin

DutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobby

That's such an amazing model! Didn't know Allan made this one in. It's absolutely gorgeous, congrats!

My Amsterdam Schiphol in 1:500: http://www.wings900.com/vb/model-air...l-airport.html
DutchCollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 08:11 PM   #12
Selfie with bros

LeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobby

That SP is a beauty indeed! I still have hopes to photograph the real one
I miss Allan's great creations here.
Old 08-14-2020, 12:00 AM   #13
RJ Second Officer

Claudio BR is a good contributorClaudio BR is a good contributorClaudio BR is a good contributorClaudio BR is a good contributorClaudio BR is a good contributorClaudio BR is a good contributorClaudio BR is a good contributorClaudio BR is a good contributorClaudio BR is a good contributor

Am glad that Allan (Anglojet) and Bert was included and have countless models made by the three, none, however by said Lorenzo.
In all, some close to 100 models cherished beyond. Each of these masters making me so many and which most remarkable difficult to say.
As for Sergio perhaps my most impressive a Real CV-440 with even corrected nose radar-extension (remember shown on "customs"-site). From Anglojet so, so many but his proposal of an ATR-72 Alsie irresistible (believe also depicted on "customs"-site). Bert then, with also sense of utter detail, able to do a StarPeru B 737 "Cusco" to perfection, amongst others. The number of e-mails we exchanged, I recall.
But, at least previously, other less known custom-makers were around. In the Philippines (have a few), in Indonesia (have various), in Bolivia and Brasil (have a lot), even France (but few).
Of course, then also since a while turning up some "pretenders", attempting to make a small business of their rather poor abilities - but let that be, set aside and instead HONOUR those who master the art .. retired if be.
Thank you for creating, thank you for doing the models beyond "main-steam".
Claudio BR is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: