Scoot A320-200 1:500 (elite_lima) - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Model Terminal > Custom Models

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 06-18-2020, 06:36 AM   #1
RJ First Officer

elite_lima is an excellent contributorelite_lima is an excellent contributorelite_lima is an excellent contributorelite_lima is an excellent contributorelite_lima is an excellent contributorelite_lima is an excellent contributorelite_lima is an excellent contributorelite_lima is an excellent contributorelite_lima is an excellent contributorelite_lima is an excellent contributorelite_lima is an excellent contributor
Scoot A320-200 1:500 (elite_lima)

Hi everyone. It's been a while since I made a custom, yet alone one of this feat. I've been wanting Herpa or any 1:500 manufacturer to produce a Scoot A320 for the longest time but months and years have gone by without it bearing fruit. Herpa has produced the B787-8 and Sky500 had produced the B787-9 (in 2 versions) but the baby-bus was under-represented. As my model airport is located in Singapore, I felt that a major airline like Scoot is under-represented here. That's why I decided to take up this project.

A little over a month ago, I finally decided to take it into my own hands and make myself one. I teamed up with fellow collector and recently-active decal maker Malefiska to make this Scoot A320 a reality. He was able to reproduce a detailed design of the Scoot A320 and got it printed for me. The whole process of planning, acquiring, and making the model to its final stage, which i'm about to present, took over a month. Pierre was in France, the decal printer was in Germany, and me (the production line) was in Singapore. What a multi-national feat this is! The decal wasn't complete though. I had to paint the larger areas that surrounded the fuselage. It wasn't easy - especially with such a small model. Anyway, enough of the background. Here's a little info about this particular aircraft that I made.

Scoot is a Singapore-based LCC that flies to 67 destinations and have 47 aircraft in its fleet. Its fleet has a mixture of A320ceo and A320neo, B787-8 and B787-9 aircrafts.

This particular frame, registered 9V-TAX, is 8.8 years old and entered service with Tiger Airways in September 2011. It had a short 2 years stint with IndiGo in 2015 but returned in July 2017 to Scoot after Tigerair merged with Scoot.

The aircraft was given the name "Pineapple Express" after being repainted and brought back to service with Scoot.

The baby-bus among its bigger siblings at my airport.

For my first custom model that involved painting, I would say that this is a pretty decent job. There are 2 more customs for Scoot in the works and I'll be sharing them here when I'm done! I hope you guys like them!

For decal queries, do give Malefiska a DM on Instagram or on here! Stay safe and happy collecting!

Looking for Herpa Garuda Indonesia B777-300ER 1/500
elite_lima is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-18-2020, 08:28 AM   #2
Selfie with bros

LeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobby
Re: Scoot A320-200 1:500 (elite_lima)

What a wonderful work! Your model really looks good! Nice to see you teaming up with Pierre, he is a very skilled guy when it comes to custom creating aswell
Old 06-18-2020, 08:35 AM   #3
Admin

DutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobby

What a greeat little custom indeed! Malefiska's decals are top notch and your custom skills combine for a great looking model! It's always very rewarding when you customize a highly anticipated model!

My Amsterdam Schiphol in 1:500: https://www.wings900.com/vb/model-air...l-airport.html
DutchCollector is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-18-2020, 03:51 PM   #4
Student pilot

Malefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dog

Wow ! Your comments are so kind. Thank you very much for the trust you gave me. You are right, the decals are multi national !

I am happy you could do your model, and as I told you on Instagram, I'm impressed by your painting! It looks really cool ! Good job !
Old 06-18-2020, 09:40 PM   #5
RJ First Officer

elite_lima is an excellent contributorelite_lima is an excellent contributorelite_lima is an excellent contributorelite_lima is an excellent contributorelite_lima is an excellent contributorelite_lima is an excellent contributorelite_lima is an excellent contributorelite_lima is an excellent contributorelite_lima is an excellent contributorelite_lima is an excellent contributorelite_lima is an excellent contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoMuse747 View Post
What a wonderful work! Your model really looks good! Nice to see you teaming up with Pierre, he is a very skilled guy when it comes to custom creating aswell
Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchCollector View Post
What a greeat little custom indeed! Malefiska's decals are top notch and your custom skills combine for a great looking model! It's always very rewarding when you customize a highly anticipated model!
Thanks you guys for the compliments!

Old 06-18-2020, 09:41 PM   #6
RJ First Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malefiska View Post
Wow ! Your comments are so kind. Thank you very much for the trust you gave me. You are right, the decals are multi national !

I am happy you could do your model, and as I told you on Instagram, I'm impressed by your painting! It looks really cool ! Good job !
You're welcome!

Old 06-19-2020, 09:15 AM   #7
RJ Captain

Skyteam67 is a good contributorSkyteam67 is a good contributorSkyteam67 is a good contributorSkyteam67 is a good contributorSkyteam67 is a good contributorSkyteam67 is a good contributorSkyteam67 is a good contributorSkyteam67 is a good contributorSkyteam67 is a good contributorSkyteam67 is a good contributorSkyteam67 is a good contributor

Very nice looking model! Fantastic work on the custom to you and Malefiska. Glad to see that you are able to replicate Changi even better now with this beautiful looking bird. I especially love the shot of the A320 alongside it's big brothers. Looking forward to any future projects that you decide to undertake
Skyteam67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2020, 08:14 PM   #8
RJ First Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyteam67 View Post
Very nice looking model! Fantastic work on the custom to you and Malefiska. Glad to see that you are able to replicate Changi even better now with this beautiful looking bird. I especially love the shot of the A320 alongside it's big brothers. Looking forward to any future projects that you decide to undertake
Thank you for the kind words

Old 06-27-2020, 12:32 PM   #9
Collector

PT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobby

Really awesome!
PT-TAA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 01:45 AM   #10
RJ First Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PT-TAA View Post
Really awesome!
Thank you! Means alot coming from you

Old 06-29-2020, 02:04 AM   #11
RJ First Officer

I've finally finished the last 2 customs over the past few days. Here they are:

9V-TRO, the second Scoot custom I did. She's currently 8.1 years old (at time of writing) and started out with SEAir, Tigerair Philippines, Tigerair, Indigo and finally Scoot. "Escape the Ordinary" is her name and she's probably the better custom compared to my first one.

The final Scoot custom. Registered as 9V-TRL, "Hamachi" has a special meaning to me as I took this aircraft on my first flight with Tigerair back in 2017 (before they merged with Scoot) I saw this aircraft again on my recent trip to Osaka, Japan last December. At 7 years old, she's the youngest of my 3 Scoot customs. She is also the only A320(WL) in my Scoot A320 fleet.

To end of this thread, here's a picture of all three siblings side by side, with a tease of their former life in the background...

Hope everyone has enjoyed this little thread! Thanks once again for the compliments!

Old 06-29-2020, 08:44 AM   #12
Admin

DutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobby

That's a gorgeous line up of all 3 Scoot models! Congrats on your three beautiful customs.

My Amsterdam Schiphol in 1:500: https://www.wings900.com/vb/model-air...l-airport.html
DutchCollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 12:35 PM   #13
Selfie with bros

LeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobby

So nice, you did a great work! The lineup picture is very beautiful, always great to see the models lined up
Old 06-29-2020, 03:01 PM   #14
Student pilot

Malefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dog

Wonderful line up yes, these little yellow A320 are very cool. Well done !
Old 07-01-2020, 02:40 AM   #15
RJ First Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchCollector View Post
That's a gorgeous line up of all 3 Scoot models! Congrats on your three beautiful customs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoMuse747 View Post
So nice, you did a great work! The lineup picture is very beautiful, always great to see the models lined up
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malefiska View Post
Wonderful line up yes, these little yellow A320 are very cool. Well done !
Thank you very much everyone!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: