Sabena : regional aircraft, 1:500 - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Model Terminal > Custom Models

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 06-23-2020, 03:47 AM   #1
Captain

Eurojet is a top dogEurojet is a top dogEurojet is a top dogEurojet is a top dogEurojet is a top dogEurojet is a top dogEurojet is a top dogEurojet is a top dogEurojet is a top dogEurojet is a top dogEurojet is a top dog
Sabena : regional aircraft, 1:500

Hi guys,

Through various customs I will go through the regional Sabena fleet in the 1990s/2000s.

The first model shown is a Sabena ATR-72-211, operated by Schreiner Airways.
In 1999, Sabena and Schreiner Airways re-organised their franchise agreement as the feeder network was expanded. Two ATR-72 (PH-SCY and SCZ), delivered from Air Nostrum, were added to Schreiner Airways' fleet of 4 DHC-8-300 turboprops.
The 64-seaters were used to two destinations, Luxembourg and Paris-Orly until 2002, the year of the Sabena collapse.
PH-SCZ was build 1990, delivered to American Eagle. It left the Sabena fleet in 2002 towards Cimber Air and was converted to a freighter in 2005 and is still active with Swiftair.

I like the model, despite the fact that it is based on the old Herpa mould (donor was CSA). The main problems of the mould are the nose shape and the landing gear. The engine logos need a reprint as the decal quality print was not satisfying.

Attached Thumbnails
Sabena : regional aircraft, 1:500-dscn1767.jpg   Sabena : regional aircraft, 1:500-dscn1768.jpg   Sabena : regional aircraft, 1:500-dscn1769.jpg   Sabena : regional aircraft, 1:500-dscn1770.jpg  
Eurojet is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-23-2020, 06:38 AM   #2
Admin

DutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobby
Re: Sabena : regional aircraft, 1:500

Very good looking model! Interesting to see it has a Dutch registration instead of the Belgian OO-

Nice attention to detail!

My Amsterdam Schiphol in 1:500: https://www.wings900.com/vb/model-air...l-airport.html
DutchCollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 07:36 AM   #3
RJ Captain

SandborgAirport is a diecast iconSandborgAirport is a diecast iconSandborgAirport is a diecast iconSandborgAirport is a diecast iconSandborgAirport is a diecast iconSandborgAirport is a diecast iconSandborgAirport is a diecast iconSandborgAirport is a diecast iconSandborgAirport is a diecast iconSandborgAirport is a diecast iconSandborgAirport is a diecast icon

Lovely looking model. These European regionals you’ve been making are great.
SandborgAirport is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-23-2020, 07:51 AM   #4
Student pilot

Malefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dog

Really cool ! The ATR is such a nice bird, we need to see more of them ! Great custom.
Old 06-23-2020, 08:34 AM   #5
Captain

Eurojet is a top dogEurojet is a top dogEurojet is a top dogEurojet is a top dogEurojet is a top dogEurojet is a top dogEurojet is a top dogEurojet is a top dogEurojet is a top dogEurojet is a top dogEurojet is a top dog

Thank you guys !

Next one the Avro RJ85 in delivery colours.
In 1995, Sabena chose the Avro RJ to replace the ageing fleet of their regional subsidy DAT (Delta Air Transport). 14 RJ85 and 12 RJ100 were ordered to replace the fleet of 7 BAe 146, 9 Fokker 28 and 3 BAC 1-11. As the parent company Swissair had already ordered their batch of models, the decision by Sabena had not been surprising.
The Avros were delivered between December 1995 and November 1999 and became the backbone of Sabenas regional network.
In november 2001, Sabena went out of business after the Swissair collapse. Rapidly, Delta Air Transport was renamed to SN Brussels Airlines, and became Sabena's successor with an all-Avro fleet. After SN Brussels was renamed Brussels Airlines after their merger with Virgin Express, the Avro still remained in the fleet until 2017.

Family picture of my Avro RJ85 customs :

Attached Thumbnails
Sabena : regional aircraft, 1:500-blr-018a.jpg   Sabena : regional aircraft, 1:500-blr-018b.jpg   Sabena : regional aircraft, 1:500-blr-018c.jpg   Sabena : regional aircraft, 1:500-blr-018d.jpg   Sabena : regional aircraft, 1:500-blr-avro.jpg  

Eurojet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2020, 06:05 AM   #6
Admin

DutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobby

Great family shot! This was my favourite Sabena livery, their logo looking like a cat's eye marble and the faded SABENA writings in clear blue make this livery a standout for me!

Sabena had gorgeous MD-11s!

My Amsterdam Schiphol in 1:500: https://www.wings900.com/vb/model-air...l-airport.html
DutchCollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2020, 08:51 AM   #7
Selfie with bros

LeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobby

So wonderful model! The family pic is simply beautiful, love seeing them all together

Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchCollector View Post
their logo looking like a cat's eye marble
hahaha never thought about this, indeed it looks like!
Old 06-24-2020, 09:20 AM   #8
Red Eagles!

Flight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobby

Once again, great job, my friend! Lovely models.

OO-DJP, I think that was actually the last Brussels Airlines Avro I caught at BMA before they were retired.
Flight fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 02:24 PM   #9
Collector

PT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobby

They're simply wonderful!!!
PT-TAA is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: