No more taking orders - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Model Terminal > Custom Models

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 03-16-2020, 01:42 PM   #1
Doctor Custom

PT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobby
No more taking orders

Hello folks!

I know we're living in difficult times thanks to the COVID-19 and its collateral damages. As if all the bad news aren't enough the thread title may sound shocking. But yes, I'm no more taking orders for custom models.

I was meditating about this since last year and kept postponing my final decision, but things reached a point that, it's wise to act quickly. Five or six years ago my sight deteriorated like it happens on most people once they pass the early/mid forties. That didn't hindered me to continue my custom work, just made a bit more annoying to say the most, but since last year I noticed it worsened. Then, I need to stop, I don't wan't it to deteriorate to a point that I can't keep my standards, I'll take care of it as it's one of my most precious gifts.

This doesn't means that it's an immediate stop, I'll finish all the orders I'm already committed, so those who already ordered and made, for example the prepayments and/or already send donors and decals have nothing to worry about.

Thank you for understanding my decision. And more important, thank you all for your support and for all words of appreciation throught these 12 years. I'll continue posting them until all orders are done. :-)

Always keep improving! 'The excellency of today will be future's mediocrity.'
PT-TAA is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-16-2020, 02:05 PM   #2
First Officer

AMS2006 is a diecast iconAMS2006 is a diecast iconAMS2006 is a diecast iconAMS2006 is a diecast iconAMS2006 is a diecast iconAMS2006 is a diecast iconAMS2006 is a diecast iconAMS2006 is a diecast iconAMS2006 is a diecast iconAMS2006 is a diecast iconAMS2006 is a diecast icon
So sad to read this. You have set a standard that will be hard to match by others. I will for sure treasure all gems you made for me and the friendship that this brought us. Stay strong, my dear friend.
Old 03-16-2020, 02:39 PM   #3
Admin

DutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobby
Re: No more taking orders

I'm sorry to read this Sergio. Your work inspired me to do some very small modifications such as changing the registrations on my KLM fleet, but these changes were inferior to your awesome work. It'll be weird to see the customs section without your wonderful creations!
Check out my Amsterdam Schiphol in 1:500: http://www.wings900.com/vb/model-air...l-airport.html

Not Looking for a Sky500 Jet Airways 777-300ER anymore! They kinda went bankrupt..

Also check out my photos on Planespotters.net!

Planespotters.net - Aviation Photos, Production Lists and more
DutchCollector is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 03-16-2020, 05:10 PM   #4
Doctor Custom

PT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobby

Thanks for your words, dear friends! Don't worry, you'll not get rid of me so soon, there are still so much models to finish before I stop. I think late this year I have done all.

Old 03-16-2020, 05:28 PM   #5
ATP Captain

mike21 is a legend of the hobbymike21 is a legend of the hobbymike21 is a legend of the hobbymike21 is a legend of the hobbymike21 is a legend of the hobbymike21 is a legend of the hobbymike21 is a legend of the hobbymike21 is a legend of the hobbymike21 is a legend of the hobbymike21 is a legend of the hobbymike21 is a legend of the hobby
Gutted to say the least, however you have to look after number , sergio i am lucky to own a few customs from you and treasure them. Thank you for all the one's you shared on the forum. Thank you for the one's you have done me. And thank you for ur time. I wish u the best in the future and the eye sight to remain with you for many years to come. And most of all thank you to one of the best custom makers to grace the forum.
Freight aircraft lover.
mike21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2020, 08:00 PM   #6
Earning My Wings

kodex is getting startedkodex is getting startedkodex is getting startedkodex is getting startedkodex is getting startedkodex is getting started

Hello Sergio, this is a sad news for each fan of your custom models.

I understand and respect your decision, but at the same time I am sad because your works are wonderful.

Two models that I own are fantastic and I had just planned to write you in these days to order another pair of them.

In any case I wish you all the best, take care of your health and, if you'll decide to take orders again in the future, let us know

Riccardo
kodex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2020, 10:16 PM   #7
Selfie with bros

LeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobby

Really sad to read this, SÚrgio!
First the KLM 747 early retirement, now this!!!!

I'm so happy to own a few of your creations. You truly are a master in the custom business, and seeing your models is always wonderful. Sad to know you're retiring, but you're right: you need to take care of your eyesight and your health as a whole.

And I need to finally start creating my own customs ASAP

Thank you for all your wonderful birds, SÚrgio! I'll be looking forward to see your next releases. I must say i'll be missing your nice mottos aswell:

"Working to make dreams come true"

"The excellency of today will be future's mediocrity." (this one is fantastic)

Last edited by LeoMuse747; 03-17-2020 at 12:11 PM.
LeoMuse747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 05:24 AM   #8
Puddle Jumper

Smooky is appreciatedSmooky is appreciatedSmooky is appreciatedSmooky is appreciatedSmooky is appreciatedSmooky is appreciatedSmooky is appreciated

Hi Sergio,

It's a pride for me for owning some of your creations that are my preferred ones and it's really sad to read this new but in the same time, knowing you're okay is also a good one for me and for us.
Be safe my friend and just take care of you, that's the most important.
Cheers
Smooky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 05:52 AM   #9
Second Officer

getifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobby

Personal message send.
getifero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 10:35 AM   #10
RJ First Officer

phil8900 is an excellent contributorphil8900 is an excellent contributorphil8900 is an excellent contributorphil8900 is an excellent contributorphil8900 is an excellent contributorphil8900 is an excellent contributorphil8900 is an excellent contributorphil8900 is an excellent contributorphil8900 is an excellent contributorphil8900 is an excellent contributorphil8900 is an excellent contributor

Although this is incredible sad news for all of us, I absolutely understand and respect your decision! I absolutely adore your custom work and customs you made for me - your contributions to the custom section will be missed!
phil8900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 01:31 PM   #11
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby

Sad news Sergio. 1:500 scale is losing a Master and a Polar Star for all of us, not only for the people who ordered models from you.
Take care of yourself, my friend.

Charter airlines lover
I desperately want...all charter airlines still missing!

Primera, Monarch, airberlin, XL Airways France, Germania, Small Planet, WOW, Aigle Azur, Sterling, Thomas Cook, Adria, Air Italy/Meridiana...R.I.P.
The sky is not the same without you!
Charter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 06:02 PM   #12
Doctor Custom

Thank you all dear friends for your really beautiful words of appreciation and support. Thanks also for understanding! I'm not leaving W900, nor the hobby of collecting. So you'll still be seeing me in the forum.

Old 03-23-2020, 09:15 AM   #13
A320 F/O

daniel richardson is a legend of the hobbydaniel richardson is a legend of the hobbydaniel richardson is a legend of the hobbydaniel richardson is a legend of the hobbydaniel richardson is a legend of the hobbydaniel richardson is a legend of the hobbydaniel richardson is a legend of the hobbydaniel richardson is a legend of the hobbydaniel richardson is a legend of the hobbydaniel richardson is a legend of the hobbydaniel richardson is a legend of the hobby

Very sorry to hear about this Sergio, you are one of the best custom-makers that i know of. At least some of your beauties are out in the world for people to enjoy for years to come! Totally agree with you though, health comes first... Hopefully your eyesight will plateau at leats instead of degrading... All the best!
daniel richardson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 09:42 AM   #14
1/500 Dreamer

..airman is a good contributor..airman is a good contributor..airman is a good contributor..airman is a good contributor..airman is a good contributor..airman is a good contributor..airman is a good contributor..airman is a good contributor..airman is a good contributor..airman is a good contributor..airman is a good contributor

Sergio,

As someone who has commissioned so many wonderful models from you, I am really sorry to hear this news. Among others, you really inspired me to give it a go myself, my regret being that I have never managed to (nor will I with my lumbering fat fingers) replicate the calibre of your custom models. Many thanks for everything over the years. Hopefully we will still see you grace the forum from time to time.

Richard
..airman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 01:50 PM   #15
RJ First Officer

modelmanGB is a top dogmodelmanGB is a top dogmodelmanGB is a top dogmodelmanGB is a top dogmodelmanGB is a top dogmodelmanGB is a top dogmodelmanGB is a top dogmodelmanGB is a top dogmodelmanGB is a top dogmodelmanGB is a top dogmodelmanGB is a top dog

I know what it means to have failing eyesight and not being able to achieve the standards you set yourself especially when your working with 1/500 scale. At 74 I have all but stopped making customs because when I look at them I’m disappointed with the finished item.
So Sergio take it it easy and try your hand at 1/200 scale they are much easier on the eyes.
Best wishes
Mike
modelmanGB is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: