Luxair Fokker 50 (1/500) - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Model Terminal > Custom Models

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 06-18-2019, 08:00 AM   #1
Captain

Eurojet is a top dogEurojet is a top dogEurojet is a top dogEurojet is a top dogEurojet is a top dogEurojet is a top dogEurojet is a top dogEurojet is a top dogEurojet is a top dogEurojet is a top dogEurojet is a top dog
Luxair Fokker 50 (1/500)

Hello!

Here I'll show you some Luxair Fokker 50 in various liveries.
All are based on Herpa mould, scale 1/500.

In June 1988, the Luxair board of management ordered 3 brand-new Fokker 50 (plus 3 options) as a replacement for their ageing fleet of Fokker 27. The F50 looked very similar to the F27 but had a bigger cabin with 50 seats, new engines and a much lower noise level for passengers. The first Fokker F50 (LX-LGC) arrived in Luxembourg on 3th November 1989. One option was converted which brought the Luxair fleet to 4 F50 in the 1990s (LGB/C/D/E).
The final Fokker 50 was delivered in 1997, concluding the production of Fokker aircraft due to its bankruptcy. A total of 213 Fokker 50 had been delivered since 1987.
On 6th of November 2002, Luxair-flight LG 9642 (LX-LGB) operating from Berlin-Tempelhof to Luxembourg crashed during final approach in low visibility conditions. The investigation found that a series of non-standard actions resulted in severe loss of airspeed due to the accidental selection of the propellers into reverse pitch. Contributing to the accident were errors concerning the implementation of a safety recommendation which had been made by the manufacturer to Fokker 50 operators and pilot errors during approach.
With delivery of the ERJ135s in 2005, Luxair operated its final Fokker 50 flight in March 2005 to Munich via Saarbrücken, after 42 years of Fokker operations. The 3 Fokker 50s were sold to Skyways and Amapola Flyg.

Last edited by Eurojet; 06-18-2019 at 10:24 AM.
Eurojet is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-18-2019, 08:06 AM   #2
Captain

Eurojet is a top dogEurojet is a top dogEurojet is a top dogEurojet is a top dogEurojet is a top dogEurojet is a top dogEurojet is a top dogEurojet is a top dogEurojet is a top dogEurojet is a top dogEurojet is a top dog
Re: Luxair Fokker 50 (1/500)

The first one I finished is LX-LGD in white colours with black Luxair titles (used from 2000-2003).
It was named "Prince Félix", and flew with Luxair from 1989-2005.

Attached Thumbnails
Luxair Fokker 50 (1/500)-blr-012a.jpg   Luxair Fokker 50 (1/500)-blr-012b.jpg   Luxair Fokker 50 (1/500)-blr-012c.jpg   Luxair Fokker 50 (1/500)-blr-012d.jpg  
Old 06-18-2019, 08:07 AM   #3
Admin

DutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobby

That's a great custom, I'm sure you'll be happy to add this important Luxair model to your fleet. Are you gonna add wheel hubs? I did it to my Fokker 70s and it looks just so much better!
Check out my Amsterdam Schiphol in 1:500: http://www.wings900.com/vb/model-air...l-airport.html

Not Looking for a Sky500 Jet Airways 777-300ER anymore! They kinda went bankrupt..

Also check out my photos on Planespotters.net!

Planespotters.net - Aviation Photos, Production Lists and more
DutchCollector is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-18-2019, 09:10 AM   #4
Second Officer

getifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eurojet View Post
Hello!

Here I'll show you some Luxair Fokker 50 in various liveries.
All are based on Herpa mould, scale 1/500.

In June 1988, the Luxair board of management ordered 3 brand-new Fokker 50 (plus 3 options) as a replacement for their ageing fleet of Fokker 27. ...

Thank you for the interesting stories behind Luxair's Fokker 50 and of course for your gorgeous pictures (awesome custom!).
getifero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 10:22 AM   #5
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchCollector View Post
That's a great custom, I'm sure you'll be happy to add this important Luxair model to your fleet. Are you gonna add wheel hubs? I did it to my Fokker 70s and it looks just so much better!
Yes, the wheel hubs will be printed with my next decal sheet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by getifero View Post
Thank you for the interesting stories behind Luxair's Fokker 50 and of course for your gorgeous pictures (awesome custom!).
Thank you! I always try to write some background about the aircraft so that it's not just 3 pictures
Old 06-18-2019, 10:28 AM   #6
Selfie with bros

LeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobby

Very nice little bird and nice story of the Fokker 50 in Luxair fleet.
I really like the Fokker 50, I think it's a beautiful turboprop! Actually, Fokker had beautiful planes. Too bad they closed their doors by the end of the 90s.

The models is a little beauty! I would not only suggest the wheel hubs, but also a new cockpit window
Old 06-18-2019, 11:10 AM   #7
Doctor Custom

PT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobby

Wow, that's a fantastic custom! Nice to see you busy with those gems! Can't wait to see the next ones.

Always keep improving! 'The excellency of today will be future's mediocrity.'
PT-TAA is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: