Ten years of custom making - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Model Terminal > Custom Models

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 11-17-2018, 03:16 PM   #1
Doctor Custom

PT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobby
Ten years of custom making

Hi everyone! 2018 marks, for me, the first decade of custom making. Everything started in early 2008 when a friend and respected W900 member Lollomz, (knowing I was a modeller) asked me to paint the fin of a model he was customizing, a TAROM Tu-154. I enthusiastically accepted, also because I never worked with such small models. Soon after the painting I noticed how the engines were poor of details, notably the lack of the front fan. I then decided to scratchbuilt the fan, blade by blade, and drill the exhaust hole.

Fan in progress by Sergio Teixeira, su Flickr
Fan on Tu-154 by Sergio Teixeira, su Flickr
DSCN5707 by Sergio Teixeira, su Flickr

The first two customs were a pair of Varig 777-200ERs with the 75th Anniversary stickers, which are still part of my collection.

TXCS0001_RG_772ER_'Otto_Meyer'_1 by Sergio Teixeira, su Flickr
TXCS0001_RG_772ER_'Otto_Meyer'_7 by Sergio Teixeira, su Flickr
TXCS0002_RG_772ER_'Ruben_Berta'_1 by Sergio Teixeira, su Flickr

Then, other customs began to be gradually being made

TXC0001_Thomson_Fly_752_1 by Sergio Teixeira, su Flickr
TXC0003_Skyexpress_733_1 by Sergio Teixeira, su Flickr
TXC0004_Smartwings_735_1 by Sergio Teixeira, su Flickr
TXC0006_BMI_Baby_733_1 by Sergio Teixeira, su Flickr
TXC0012_Alaska_Air_Cargo_734F_1 by Sergio Teixeira, su Flickr

Always keep improving! 'The excellency of today will be future's mediocrity.'

Last edited by PT-TAA; 11-17-2018 at 03:21 PM.
PT-TAA is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-17-2018, 03:17 PM   #2
Doctor Custom

PT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobby
Re: Ten years of custom making

In late 2008 I finally met Bert and his wife Chris of CB Customs and David of ReMoBa at DUS Boerse, this was a turning point as I began to be part of CBC team, at which I actively helped for one year. During this intense year I began to improve my skills, while making orders for CBC, received the first orders of my own customs, and started developing some interesting projects, such as making the 727's Stage 3 hushkits or re-engining 727s, re-engining A330s, etc.

727 engines 007 by Sergio Teixeira, su Flickr
Cloned JT8D-7 hush kits (FedEx), fans and spinners by Sergio Teixeira, su Flickr
Installed hush kits 1 by Sergio Teixeira, su Flickr
Installed hush kits 4 by Sergio Teixeira, su Flickr
JT8D-217 (new) front view by Sergio Teixeira, su Flickr
JT8D-217 (new) rear view by Sergio Teixeira, su Flickr
JT8D-217 side view by Sergio Teixeira, su Flickr
Super 27 port rear by Sergio Teixeira, su Flickr
Super 27 prototype by Sergio Teixeira, su Flickr
Amerijet hush kit 2 by Sergio Teixeira, su Flickr
Amerijet hush kit 3 by Sergio Teixeira, su Flickr
RR Trent master with scratchbuilt turbine by Sergio Teixeira, su Flickr
Trents and turbine by Sergio Teixeira, su Flickr
A333 Trent fit test 2 by Sergio Teixeira, su Flickr

There was also a custom made in partnership with CBC: Itapemirim Cargo 727!

Finished Itapemirim Cargo 727-200F by Sergio Teixeira, su Flickr

This was a priceless year and I'll always be grateful and honoured for having been invited to be part of CBC, thanks for believing in my potential, it was so important during my apprenticeship and source of inspiration for many projects and challenges!

To be continued...

Last edited by PT-TAA; 11-17-2018 at 05:05 PM.
Old 11-17-2018, 03:59 PM   #3
ATP Captain

mike21 is a legend of the hobbymike21 is a legend of the hobbymike21 is a legend of the hobbymike21 is a legend of the hobbymike21 is a legend of the hobbymike21 is a legend of the hobbymike21 is a legend of the hobbymike21 is a legend of the hobbymike21 is a legend of the hobbymike21 is a legend of the hobbymike21 is a legend of the hobby
And the rest is History they say. Sergio i have never met you. I would like to though. U are a legend in the Custom world and one off the best. (The best) good luck on another 10 years
Freight aircraft lover.
mike21 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-17-2018, 04:39 PM   #4
RJ Second Officer

phil8900 is a good contributorphil8900 is a good contributorphil8900 is a good contributorphil8900 is a good contributorphil8900 is a good contributorphil8900 is a good contributorphil8900 is a good contributorphil8900 is a good contributorphil8900 is a good contributorphil8900 is a good contributorphil8900 is a good contributor

I knew from the seven customs you made for me that you pay extreme attention to details, but the skill of adding such a level of detail to a small part like an engine is simply impressive!
phil8900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 05:31 PM   #5
Selfie with bros

LeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobby

Amazing to see some real gems that you've created during these 10 years! Congratulations SÚrgio! Your work is simply amazing! Hope to see you producing more beautiful birds in the upcoming years

I'm so glad that I have a few models customized by you! A truly amazing work!
Please don't forget to post the Tu-134s with custom noses! That was fantastic!
Old 11-17-2018, 09:19 PM   #6
SpeedBirdOneThreeNine

solicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobby

What, wait...10 years already? Sergio, you've made so many wonderful customs for us with great attention to detail. Congratulations on this milestone and here's to many more milestones...you're indeed the mater of customs!!! The gems you've created are much better than any of those released by any of the manufacturers!!! Infact, no comparison...
solicitor82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 05:13 AM   #7
RJ Second Officer

SandborgAirport is a good contributorSandborgAirport is a good contributorSandborgAirport is a good contributorSandborgAirport is a good contributorSandborgAirport is a good contributorSandborgAirport is a good contributorSandborgAirport is a good contributorSandborgAirport is a good contributorSandborgAirport is a good contributorSandborgAirport is a good contributorSandborgAirport is a good contributor

10 years of making our model dreams come true. Perhaps you could post some pictures of your favourite customs over the years?
SandborgAirport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 09:19 AM   #8
First Officer

AMS2006 is a diecast iconAMS2006 is a diecast iconAMS2006 is a diecast iconAMS2006 is a diecast iconAMS2006 is a diecast iconAMS2006 is a diecast iconAMS2006 is a diecast iconAMS2006 is a diecast iconAMS2006 is a diecast iconAMS2006 is a diecast iconAMS2006 is a diecast icon

Has it already been 10 years???? I cannot believe how fast time has flown!!

The 2 first customs you made for me were the Alaska 734 Combi and the fantasy CO 747-400!! Even after all next amazing ones, these two will remain very special to me. Please keep amazing us with wonderful gems.
Old 11-18-2018, 11:19 AM   #9
Admin

DutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobby

Wow, what a great anniversary! Congrats Sergio, but also thanks for all your hard work and all the effort in sharing your beauties here.
Check out my Amsterdam Schiphol in 1:500: http://www.wings900.com/vb/model-air...l-airport.html

Not Looking for a Sky500 Jet Airways 777-300ER anymore! They kinda went bankrupt..

Also check out my photos on Planespotters.net!

Planespotters.net - Aviation Photos, Production Lists and more
DutchCollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 01:41 PM   #10
ATP Captain

ThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobby

A great ten years by the looks of it. Wonderful work.

'He ain't heavy, he's my brother'
ThomsonAirways737 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 04:06 PM   #11
Doctor Custom

Thank you everyone for the kind words of appreciation! Means a lot for me... Of course I'll post more pictures and will continue my story. Just have to found another "window" as I have a batch to finish this week, some new releases, I have a trip next Tuesday, have to study and to dedicate time to my wife too...

Old 11-19-2018, 08:55 AM   #12
Red Eagles!

Flight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobby

Wow, congratulations on the milestone, my friend! Though, to be honest, the high level of details actually made me think you've been doing this longer than 10 years.
CEO of Moscow Dedovsk International Airport
Flight fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 04:45 PM   #13
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby

Congratulations Sergio, you have found your way and now you're running towards continue milestones! Your skills are great and your research of perfection is the real strong point.
Well done my friend.

Charter airlines lover
Charter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 10:33 AM   #14
A320 F/O

daniel richardson is a top dogdaniel richardson is a top dogdaniel richardson is a top dogdaniel richardson is a top dogdaniel richardson is a top dogdaniel richardson is a top dogdaniel richardson is a top dogdaniel richardson is a top dogdaniel richardson is a top dogdaniel richardson is a top dogdaniel richardson is a top dog

Congratulations on ten years Sergio! Here's to another decade of pumping out some amazing work!
daniel richardson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 04:06 PM   #15
Earning My Wings

Athney is flying under the radar
Congratulations Sergio on a fantastic 10 years. Hope to see your customs for many more years to come.
Athney is offline   Reply With Quote