1:72 Apollo 11 Review? - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Model Terminal > All Other Scales

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 08-25-2014, 12:23 AM   #1
Line Service Technician

Southwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobby
1:72 Apollo 11 Review?

Just saw this video of a 1:72 Apollo 11 rocket made by Dragon. It stands just a little bit more than 5 feet tall. Now, if you know me, you know I'm a space nerd. Outer space just blows my mind. It's an endless, beautiful, deep black hole. It goes on and on on forever and that blows me away. I loved watching the shuttle launch from NASA liveTV. I remember STS-135 being launched when I was in 8th grade. My social studies teacher was also a nerd and thankfully I was in her class during the launch. That day, cla$ses ran longer due to testing. Since we had took her test the day before, it was 2 hours of "free time" And we watched coverage of it on the big screen. Now, that was a trill. It launched at about the one hour mark in her class, So I got to see just about everything. Being so young, I missed all the Apollo missions.

Has anybody seen, or bought this? It's $250, but again, it's 5 feet tall. That's $50.00 a foot, which sounds cheap for a 1:72 model.

Here's a link. Dragon Models 50388 - Saturn Rocket Display Model, NASA, Apollo 11, Launch July 16th, 1969: The Flying Mule

There's also a Saturn V Skylab 1 due next month. If anybody has any type of information on this, please let me know. This would such a great item to have.
Southwest&Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-25-2014, 01:03 PM   #2
Captain

bskc8th is a legend of the hobbybskc8th is a legend of the hobbybskc8th is a legend of the hobbybskc8th is a legend of the hobbybskc8th is a legend of the hobbybskc8th is a legend of the hobbybskc8th is a legend of the hobbybskc8th is a legend of the hobbybskc8th is a legend of the hobbybskc8th is a legend of the hobbybskc8th is a legend of the hobby
Re: 1:72 Apollo 11 Review?

Ditto. Would love to see a review by someone as I'm guilty of being a space buff too!
bskc8th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 04:29 PM   #3
Second Officer

ACpilot is a good contributorACpilot is a good contributorACpilot is a good contributorACpilot is a good contributorACpilot is a good contributorACpilot is a good contributorACpilot is a good contributorACpilot is a good contributorACpilot is a good contributor

Dragon's Saturn V just fits into an Ikea Deltof cabinet.

There are also a few companies that offer increased detail on replacement parts as well (such as the engine bells and the command module cover).

Dan

The following photos are from a collector on collect space.com

Detailed discussion by dedicated Space Themed collectors here:

Dragon Models' 1:72 Saturn V 5-foot model - collectSPACE: Messages

ACpilot is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-26-2014, 10:41 PM   #4
Line Service Technician

Southwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobby

That is just too freaking awesome. I'm sold.
Old 08-28-2014, 10:13 PM   #5
Second Officer

ACpilot is a good contributorACpilot is a good contributorACpilot is a good contributorACpilot is a good contributorACpilot is a good contributorACpilot is a good contributorACpilot is a good contributorACpilot is a good contributorACpilot is a good contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southwest&Blue View Post
That is just too freaking awesome. I'm sold.
BTW, on for $209.95 with free shipping (Regular $279.99).

Labour Day Weekend sale at The Flying Mule.

Dragon Models 50388 - Saturn Rocket Display Model, NASA, Apollo 11, Launch July 16th, 1969: The Flying Mule

Dan
ACpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 11:25 PM   #6
Line Service Technician

Flying Mule is the only place that I can find it. $210 isn't bad for a 5 foot model.
Old 08-29-2014, 06:31 AM   #7
Senior Collector

Albert is a diecast iconAlbert is a diecast iconAlbert is a diecast iconAlbert is a diecast iconAlbert is a diecast iconAlbert is a diecast iconAlbert is a diecast iconAlbert is a diecast iconAlbert is a diecast iconAlbert is a diecast iconAlbert is a diecast icon

I'm a space nerd too.......no space for this! " Domestic oppostion" would not allow this to fill an entire cabinet in the house! Great shame as it would compliment my Corgi Sea King helicopter Apollo 11 recovery model.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: