DeltaFan's Helicopters! - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Model Terminal > All Other Scales

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 05-15-2014, 12:02 PM   #1
CRJ First Officer

DeltaFan is a legend of the hobbyDeltaFan is a legend of the hobbyDeltaFan is a legend of the hobbyDeltaFan is a legend of the hobbyDeltaFan is a legend of the hobbyDeltaFan is a legend of the hobbyDeltaFan is a legend of the hobbyDeltaFan is a legend of the hobbyDeltaFan is a legend of the hobbyDeltaFan is a legend of the hobbyDeltaFan is a legend of the hobby
Talking DeltaFan's Helicopters!

Whilst visiting a HobbyTown USA a couple months ago, I noticed some beautiful helicopter models I had not seen before. After looking through the displays, I decided I could not leave without a couple (especially those at 50% off)! I have had a particular interest in Soviet aviation as they have produced many unique aircraft that are quite different from their western versions.

The first helicopter I will show you is the Czech Republic Air Force Mil Mi-17 Hip-H. It was produced by Easy Model in 1:72 scale. Enjoy!

My Passenger Travel FlightDiary: http://flightdiary.net/DeltaFanDC9

Last edited by DeltaFan; 05-15-2014 at 12:26 PM.
DeltaFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-15-2014, 12:08 PM   #2
CRJ First Officer

DeltaFan is a legend of the hobbyDeltaFan is a legend of the hobbyDeltaFan is a legend of the hobbyDeltaFan is a legend of the hobbyDeltaFan is a legend of the hobbyDeltaFan is a legend of the hobbyDeltaFan is a legend of the hobbyDeltaFan is a legend of the hobbyDeltaFan is a legend of the hobbyDeltaFan is a legend of the hobbyDeltaFan is a legend of the hobby
Re: DeltaFan's Helicopters!

PS- My original post said I was having problems with picture sizes from Flickr, but I figured it out and the post has been removed.

Last edited by DeltaFan; 05-15-2014 at 12:29 PM.
Old 05-15-2014, 12:46 PM   #3
Doctor Custom

PT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobby

Nice purchase, congrats! I like chppers too, but don't collect for lack of space and funds...

Always keep improving! 'The excellency of today will be future's mediocrity.'
PT-TAA is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-15-2014, 12:58 PM   #4
Line Service Technician

Southwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobby

I have grown fondly of helicopters as I'm getting older. I pre-ordered the V-22 Osprey. She's a beautiful model. How are the Easy Models?
Southwest&Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 06:54 PM   #5
CRJ First Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PT-TAA View Post
Nice purchase, congrats! I like chppers too, but don't collect for lack of space and funds...
Thank you! I completely understand about space, I too do not plan on getting many more. They do take up a lot of room, especially compared to 1:500! But I couldn't resist I actually got this one and another at a very good price, about $16 each (which was half off).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southwest&Blue View Post
I have grown fondly of helicopters as I'm getting older. I pre-ordered the V-22 Osprey. She's a beautiful model. How are the Easy Models?
I have as well. They are really impressive machines. Please share the Osprey when you get it! I am quite pleased with Easy Model's helicopters. They have a nice amount of detail and well done color schemes. And they have a lot of details in the moulds as well. However I do not think they are worth the original $32 price. More like $25 max to me, so $16 was a good deal.

Old 05-15-2014, 11:21 PM   #6
Line Service Technician

Southwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaFan View Post
I have as well. They are really impressive machines. Please share the Osprey when you get it! I am quite pleased with Easy Model's helicopters. They have a nice amount of detail and well done color schemes. And they have a lot of details in the moulds as well. However I do not think they are worth the original $32 price. More like $25 max to me, so $16 was a good deal.
She'll be here in July! It's that Historic Sales Osprey with the rotating rotors and everything.

Is Easy Model die cast or a plastic?
Southwest&Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 01:23 PM   #7
CRJ First Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southwest&Blue View Post
She'll be here in July! It's that Historic Sales Osprey with the rotating rotors and everything.

Is Easy Model die cast or a plastic?
Easy Models are plastic which is why I personally do not think they should be over $25.

--------------------------------------------

Before I show you another Easy Model helicopter, I wanted to share with you a model Robinson R44 helicopter with pontoons. The model was produced by Matchbox as part of the SkyBusters series. Normally these models are aimed more for kids and are not the best quality, but I was pleasantly surprised when I saw it in the local department store. It has a diecast main fuselage, and is overall a very good replica of the real aircraft. At $2.50, I think it is a bargain! The model is about 5 1/2 inches, or 15 centimeters long.

And the blades spin well!

Old 05-17-2014, 05:18 PM   #8
ATP Captain

Antesyd is a diecast iconAntesyd is a diecast iconAntesyd is a diecast iconAntesyd is a diecast iconAntesyd is a diecast iconAntesyd is a diecast iconAntesyd is a diecast iconAntesyd is a diecast iconAntesyd is a diecast iconAntesyd is a diecast iconAntesyd is a diecast icon

!:72 I go for plastic models.
Die-cast look strange in large scales

//Antesyd

“Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex… It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.” – - Albert Einstein

The latest arrivals:
*Herpa Norwegian, United, Qatar and China Southern B787, 1:500
*Herpa BA A380, 1:500
*Sky500 Cebu Pacific A330 1:500

Antesyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 05:53 PM   #9
Selfie with bros

LeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobby

That R44 looks pretty cool!
I still remember when I was 12 years old, and I used to collect Sky Busters planes.
I was almost crying of joy when I put my hand on a BA 777-200ER. And I remember when I saw a 747-400 at my local toy store. It was, at the time, the happiest day of my life

About the helicopters: Please post more! These models are wonderful.
Old 05-19-2014, 11:29 PM   #10
CRJ First Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antesyd View Post
!:72 I go for plastic models.
Die-cast look strange in large scales

//Antesyd
Thanks for sharing! I have only seen diecast airlines in larger scales, so I wouldn't know. But I can imagine what you mean, all the window shapes and imprints in the fuselage would take a lot of metal work, and weighta lot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonardo Mello View Post
That R44 looks pretty cool!
I still remember when I was 12 years old, and I used to collect Sky Busters planes.
I was almost crying of joy when I put my hand on a BA 777-200ER. And I remember when I saw a 747-400 at my local toy store. It was, at the time, the happiest day of my life

About the helicopters: Please post more! These models are wonderful.
Thank you very much for your reply and kind words! You bring back many memories... I too remember standing in a US store called Target, practically shaking with excitement seeing a Continental 777 (and later BA) and an NWA 747-400! Matchbox has made some really good models for the price- Euro Typhoon, Mig-15, Citation X and R44. Some of their models could sell for a lot more if they just put some better landing gear on them! Lately though they seem to have gone backwards to more kid paint schemes and fake airlines. I think we are a different market than they are trying to go after

Anyway, I will post more photos when I have time of another Soviet beauty!

Thanks,
DeltaFan

Old 05-24-2014, 07:07 AM   #11
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby

Thanks for starting this thread and for sharing these beautiful pics. I also love helicopters but i can't collect them for lack of space (as Sergio). I have some 1:200 helicopters, but i would like more and those in 1:72 scale are really wonderful.
Do you have more pics?

Charter airlines lover
I desperately want...all charter airlines still missing!

Primera, Monarch, airberlin, XL Airways France, Germania, Small Planet, WOW, Aigle Azur, Sterling, Thomas Cook, Adria, Air Italy/Meridiana...R.I.P.
The sky is not the same without you!
Charter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 01:16 PM   #12
Earning My Wings

cauchioli is flying under the radar
Unhappy Re: DeltaFan's Helicopters!

hello , I need lots of help to buy a miniature Matchbox R44 Clipper orange , SkyBuster kit , I live in Brazil and I do not find here , could help me with this please , I'm in love with this model
cauchioli is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: