Jalux 767-300ER w/ faults? - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Model Terminal > 1:500 Scale Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 04-27-2015, 06:26 PM   #1
RJ Second Officer

junglehunter4 is a good contributorjunglehunter4 is a good contributorjunglehunter4 is a good contributorjunglehunter4 is a good contributorjunglehunter4 is a good contributorjunglehunter4 is a good contributorjunglehunter4 is a good contributorjunglehunter4 is a good contributorjunglehunter4 is a good contributorjunglehunter4 is a good contributorjunglehunter4 is a good contributor
Jalux 767-300ER w/ faults?

A while ago I was looking to buy a 1:500 Jalux JAL 767-300ER winglet, but throughout 3 different model shops, every single one of them have a common fault:
The printing on vertical stabilizer is off, causing the design to be tilted at an awkward angle; like this image I edited just now shows. Left side is normal, right side is how the models looked.

In the end I decided to not buy the model, so I don't have any copies on hand. This problem doesn't exist with JAL 767 without winglet though.

I want to ask, if anyone here owns the JAL 767 winglet, can you check to see if it has the same problem? I want to know if it's the same across all JAL 767 or if it's only specific problem with the ones I looked at.

Edit: This is the specific model I'm talking about
http://www.amazon.co.jp/JALUX-1-500-.../dp/B00KD4X3BG

Last edited by junglehunter4; 04-28-2015 at 12:04 AM.
junglehunter4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-27-2015, 11:48 PM   #2
Selfie with bros

LeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobby
Re: Jalux 767-300ER w/ faults?

Jalux? Never heard of them...
Old 04-28-2015, 12:02 AM   #3
RJ Second Officer

junglehunter4 is a good contributorjunglehunter4 is a good contributorjunglehunter4 is a good contributorjunglehunter4 is a good contributorjunglehunter4 is a good contributorjunglehunter4 is a good contributorjunglehunter4 is a good contributorjunglehunter4 is a good contributorjunglehunter4 is a good contributorjunglehunter4 is a good contributorjunglehunter4 is a good contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonardo Mello View Post
Jalux? Never heard of them...
Jalux is a branch of JAL's coporation, they sell all sorts of JAL merchandise, including airplane models. In a sense it's like the JAL equivalent of ANA official precision models.

Old 04-28-2015, 09:03 AM   #4
Selfie with bros

LeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobby

Aren't the models actually made by Hogan?
Old 04-28-2015, 09:24 AM   #5
RJ Second Officer

Quote:
Yes I believe so.
Old 04-28-2015, 09:33 AM   #6
Wings900 Team Member

mmu69 is a legend of the hobbymmu69 is a legend of the hobbymmu69 is a legend of the hobbymmu69 is a legend of the hobbymmu69 is a legend of the hobbymmu69 is a legend of the hobbymmu69 is a legend of the hobbymmu69 is a legend of the hobbymmu69 is a legend of the hobbymmu69 is a legend of the hobbymmu69 is a legend of the hobby

See www.diecastmodelaircraft.com/db/model/69702
mmu69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 10:16 AM   #7
Master ATP Captain

hikouki is a diecast iconhikouki is a diecast iconhikouki is a diecast iconhikouki is a diecast iconhikouki is a diecast iconhikouki is a diecast iconhikouki is a diecast iconhikouki is a diecast iconhikouki is a diecast iconhikouki is a diecast iconhikouki is a diecast icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by junglehunter4 View Post
A while ago I was looking to buy a 1:500 Jalux JAL 767-300ER winglet, but throughout 3 different model shops, every single one of them have a common fault:
The printing on vertical stabilizer is off, causing the design to be tilted at an awkward angle; like this image I edited just now shows. Left side is normal, right side is how the models looked.

In the end I decided to not buy the model, so I don't have any copies on hand. This problem doesn't exist with JAL 767 without winglet though.

I want to ask, if anyone here owns the JAL 767 winglet, can you check to see if it has the same problem? I want to know if it's the same across all JAL 767 or if it's only specific problem with the ones I looked at.

Edit: This is the specific model I'm talking about
Amazon.co.jp | JALUX 1/500 B767-300ER JAL | ??? ??
I have it and it doesn't look too bad when displayed on the stand. The alignment looks funny when set on a level table with other models.

Sloppy craftsmanship is inexcusable, but it seems Hogan, like Herpa has been sloppy here and there these days anyway (tsk, tsk, RR engines on BR/CX 77Ws).

Quote:
NH = ANA Precision Models
JL = JALUX
CX = CXcitement
BR

IIRC, JAL models have the Hogan logo underneath. It varies for NH, depending on the time period they were made. CX doesn't have them on the latest releases. I think it depends on the level of exclusivity and licensing costs of each mould. I know NH subsidised some of Hogan's tooling (e.g. 747 engines) some time back.

We all know everything is made by Hogan, but there are occasions that they are officially airline-branded merchandise (with the Hogan brand "omitted").

Last edited by hikouki; 04-28-2015 at 10:29 AM.
hikouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 10:48 AM   #8
1/500 Dreamer

..airman is a good contributor..airman is a good contributor..airman is a good contributor..airman is a good contributor..airman is a good contributor..airman is a good contributor..airman is a good contributor..airman is a good contributor..airman is a good contributor..airman is a good contributor..airman is a good contributor

Sounds like a perfect case of just needing a bit of customisation, and if you've never altered a model before, it would be a REALLY easy one to start with, as the only thing you'd need to do would be to strip off the existing tail logo and replace it with a new one. You could buy a re-scaled version of this... 1:200 Japan Airlines 767-300's 2011 Scheme to apply.
..airman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 03:55 PM   #9
RJ Second Officer

@mmu69, thanks for the link, it seems like the misalignment is common to all models now (the one image has misaligned logo too).

@hikouki It's really disappointing because one thing I enjoy the most is lining up aircrafts by the tail and enjoy the uniform-ness ANA models are still perfect as ever though; I think Jalux just messed up on this one.

@airman Thanks for the tips, but I don't have any of the tools to customize at the moment, and I don't want to spend extra money and effort to customize the aircraft when the aircraft itself is already quite expensive. I guess this model would be a no-go for me.
Old 05-02-2015, 05:58 PM   #10
Red Eagles!

Flight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by junglehunter4 View Post
@airman Thanks for the tips, but I don't have any of the tools to customize at the moment, and I don't want to spend extra money and effort to customize the aircraft when the aircraft itself is already quite expensive. I guess this model would be a no-go for me.
Tools? Nail polish remover, q-tips, scissors and water. If you want to protect the decal some more all you'd really need is a brush and some Micro-Set. Works for me.
Flight fan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
767-300, jal, jalux

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: