Michal's collection - Page 3 - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Model Terminal > 1:500 Scale Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 10-25-2014, 12:00 PM   #31
lightsaberoperator

pooohaty is a diecast iconpooohaty is a diecast iconpooohaty is a diecast iconpooohaty is a diecast iconpooohaty is a diecast iconpooohaty is a diecast iconpooohaty is a diecast iconpooohaty is a diecast iconpooohaty is a diecast iconpooohaty is a diecast iconpooohaty is a diecast icon
Re: Michal's collection

World Cargo, the only model of MD-11F with opened cargo door.
Interesting idea but, unfortunately, poor realisation...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-25-2014, 03:31 PM   #32
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby

The World MD-11 was a complete failure in my opinion. Herpa wanted to realize something for a static airport, to use in the cargo apron, but then why not to realize to versions, the inflight one and the ground one?
The model is really nice and i loved new World livery, but this Herpa decision...

Charter airlines lover
I desperately want...all charter airlines still missing!

Primera, Monarch, airberlin, XL Airways France, Germania, Small Planet, WOW, Aigle Azur, Sterling, Thomas Cook, Adria, Air Italy/Meridiana, Level, FlyBe, SunExpress Germany, Niki-Laudamotion, JetTime, Montenegro Airlines, CSA...R.I.P.
The sky is not the same without you!
Charter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 04:19 PM   #33
Selfie with bros

LeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charter View Post
The World MD-11 was a complete failure in my opinion. Herpa wanted to realize something for a static airport, to use in the cargo apron, but then why not to realize to versions, the inflight one and the ground one?
The model is really nice and i loved new World livery, but this Herpa decision...
Agreed, this is a true waste of a model... I like the concept: open doors look really cool. But they should close too. How am I suppose to use this model in my diorama? I can take pictures of it parked at the cargo apron, of course. But how about... taxiing? Taking off? It would look ridiculous with the SCD open!

A true waste!

Old 10-25-2014, 04:41 PM   #34
lightsaberoperator

pooohaty is a diecast iconpooohaty is a diecast iconpooohaty is a diecast iconpooohaty is a diecast iconpooohaty is a diecast iconpooohaty is a diecast iconpooohaty is a diecast iconpooohaty is a diecast iconpooohaty is a diecast iconpooohaty is a diecast iconpooohaty is a diecast icon

I agree with you both. The model could be a fantastic element of a cargo apron diorama.
And nothing more...
But is also another problem: inaccurate mould and very poor detailing.
And believe me, despite nice livery, it looks really unattractive next to my other MD-11Fs made by Starjets

Last edited by pooohaty; 10-25-2014 at 04:44 PM.
pooohaty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 01:35 AM   #35
Polish Wings collector

tomek-czarnyszewicz is a top dogtomek-czarnyszewicz is a top dogtomek-czarnyszewicz is a top dogtomek-czarnyszewicz is a top dogtomek-czarnyszewicz is a top dogtomek-czarnyszewicz is a top dogtomek-czarnyszewicz is a top dogtomek-czarnyszewicz is a top dogtomek-czarnyszewicz is a top dogtomek-czarnyszewicz is a top dogtomek-czarnyszewicz is a top dog

Did you loose the starboard side doors or they never exist?
If static model than why only portside SCD are opened, what about lower starboard side SCD?

For me very strange model only half done...

tomek-czarnyszewicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 04:40 PM   #36
lightsaberoperator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomek-czarnyszewicz View Post
Did you loose the starboard side doors or they never exist?
If static model than why only portside SCD are opened, what about lower starboard side SCD?

For me very strange model only half done...
Starboard side doors (1R) never exist.
And, indeed, the model looks strange and only half done.
That is why I said above: interesting idea but poor realisation...
Old 10-27-2014, 05:45 PM   #37
lightsaberoperator

CHAPTER TWO.
THE QUEEN OF THE SKY IS ONLY ONE: BOEING 747.

Here I'd like to show you some older models of The Queen.
The models displayed here were released in the beginning of the century.
And despite their some minor or major flaws in that case older surely doesn't mean worse...
Moreover, in my opinion, it is a scientific proof that various, advanced (and beautiful!) models' life forms existed before the rising of the monopolised civilisation of Herpa
I mean Starjets, Big Bird, 5 Stars and Netmodels.
Nice watching!

Let's start from awesome Starjets model: Air New Zealand "All Blacks".

Old 10-29-2014, 03:18 PM   #38
lightsaberoperator

Marvelous Big Bird model: Korean Air "2002 FIFA World Cup Korea - Japan".

Last edited by pooohaty; 10-29-2014 at 03:27 PM.
pooohaty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 07:43 PM   #39
Freight forwarder

7wesker7 is a legend of the hobby7wesker7 is a legend of the hobby7wesker7 is a legend of the hobby7wesker7 is a legend of the hobby7wesker7 is a legend of the hobby7wesker7 is a legend of the hobby7wesker7 is a legend of the hobby7wesker7 is a legend of the hobby7wesker7 is a legend of the hobby7wesker7 is a legend of the hobby7wesker7 is a legend of the hobby

I still need to buy Korean Air 744 Anyway, nice model !
211 models in 1:500
My rnav photos
7wesker7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 06:58 AM   #40
lightsaberoperator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7wesker7 View Post
I still need to buy Korean Air 744 Anyway, nice model !
Indeed, it is nice
In my opinion this old Big Bird mould is still the best mould of B744
Old 11-02-2014, 07:08 AM   #41
lightsaberoperator

B747-400 of China Airlines.
Old Starjets mould, lack of nose gear doors, big seam under the tail - but I like it

Old 11-02-2014, 07:54 AM   #42
Admin

DutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobby

The China Airlines B744 is one of the most loved Queens if you ask me. The livery is great and classy!

My Amsterdam Schiphol in 1:500: http://www.wings900.com/vb/model-air...l-airport.html
DutchCollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 10:03 AM   #43
Sympathy for the devil 😈

Wingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchCollector View Post
The China Airlines B744 is one of the most loved Queens if you ask me. The livery is great and classy!
So true! What a beauty!

My collection: http://www.diecastmodelaircraft.com/...usselsairlines
Wingslover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 11:37 AM   #44
Master ATP Captain

hikouki is a diecast iconhikouki is a diecast iconhikouki is a diecast iconhikouki is a diecast iconhikouki is a diecast iconhikouki is a diecast iconhikouki is a diecast iconhikouki is a diecast iconhikouki is a diecast iconhikouki is a diecast iconhikouki is a diecast icon

Fantastic photos and collection!
Old 11-03-2014, 01:53 PM   #45
lightsaberoperator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchCollector View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingslover View Post
So true! What a beauty!
Quote:
Originally Posted by hikouki View Post
Fantastic photos and collection!
Thank you.
Other beautiful Queens are coming soon...

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: