Flight's fleet - Page 51 - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Model Terminal > 1:500 Scale Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 4.33 average.
Old 02-26-2021, 05:05 AM   #751
Admin

DutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobby
Re: Flight's fleet

Really diverse batch of models Oscar! Some really rare models as well, such as the gorgeous Air Hong Kong A300 and Singapore 777-300ER. I really loved Cathay's livery on the long A340-600. Same for China Eastern, wish we saw more liveries on the longest Airbus

My Amsterdam Schiphol in 1:500: http://www.wings900.com/vb/model-air...l-airport.html
DutchCollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-26-2021, 05:25 AM   #752
Red Eagles!

Flight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobby

The 1990's ANA TriStar, the Air Hong Kong A300, all of the Cathay Pacific models, both of the Singapore models, and the Air Koryo Il-62 were actually all purchased through this very forum. Some of them cost me more than I'd like to admit though.

Yeah, the 346 is an impressive aircraft, and the Cathay livery really suited it, as did the China Eastern one. The previous Iberia livery didn't look too bad either. I was actually booked to fly on one last year, ARN-MAD, but that was unfortunately cancelled for obvious reasons. And now it's too late.
CEO of Moscow Dedovsk International Airport
Flight fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 12:39 PM   #753
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby

Air Hong Kong/DHL A300F...amazing and very rare (and expensive).
Beautiful SIA fleet, including the B757. Sad for the missing A330-300.

Charter airlines lover
I desperately want...all charter airlines still missing!

Primera, Monarch, airberlin, XL Airways France, Germania, Small Planet, WOW, Aigle Azur, Sterling, Thomas Cook, Adria, Air Italy/Meridiana, Level, FlyBe, SunExpress Germany, Niki-Laudamotion, JetTime, Montenegro Airlines, CSA...R.I.P.
The sky is not the same without you!
Charter is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-26-2021, 03:42 PM   #754
Red Eagles!

Flight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charter View Post
Air Hong Kong/DHL A300F...amazing and very rare (and expensive).
According to the My Collection list, I actually paid £45, so not that expensive considering how much they've gone for on eBay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charter View Post
Beautiful SIA fleet, including the B757. Sad for the missing A330-300.
They are indeed very beautiful. Interestingly, while the 777 is one of my most expensive models, the 757 only cost me €25. And it's a sample! I was more than a little surprised when that offer showed up in my inbox.
Old 02-28-2021, 06:41 PM   #755
Red Eagles!

Carrying on, it's time for us to head to the Americas, and this time I thought we'd go from north to south. And as I picked up a few new models yesterday, including two Americans, some of the pics do look a little different.

Canada
Air Canada

United States
ABX Air

Academy Airlines

airTran

America West

Continental Airlines

Delta Airlines

Eastern Airlines

Northwest

PanAm

PSA

Trans World Airlines

Old 02-28-2021, 06:48 PM   #756
Red Eagles!

Not quite done with TWA just yet.

Ok, now we're done.

United Airlines

UPS

US Airways

Cuba
Cubana

Venezuela
SBA

Now, out of the new arrivals I've picked up, two were from the US (TWA Super Connie and 747SP), one will be shown in a later post, but the fourth... The fourth belongs in a post which has already been made: Eastern Europe. More specifically Poland.

That's all for now. Next up it's time to wrap it up with some of the lesser represented parts of the world in my collection. Africa and the Middle East.
Old 02-28-2021, 07:31 PM   #757
Selfie with bros

LeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobby

Many many interesting birds! Delta L-1011, DHL DC-9, the fleet of America West 757s... so many lovely releases of birds lost in the past. I'm glad that these can live on as miniatures...
Old 02-28-2021, 08:26 PM   #758
Red Eagles!

Indeed, indeed. I probably would've had another Delta TriStar if Herpa hadn't messed up the cockpit windows of the Delta Belle model.

The America West liveries were wonderful in my opinion. Sadly the US Airways attempt at "recreating" the Arizona livery fell rather flat.

As did their Nevada livery.

I do wish Herpa would've released this one as well.
Old 03-04-2021, 07:09 PM   #759
Red Eagles!

So... Guess it's time to wrap up the collection then. Well, for now at least. As mentioned last time, these models come from two geographical areas, Africa and the Middle East.

When it comes to Africa, I so far only have one model, which I purchased very recently. And that is the absolutely beautiful TAAG Il-62 from Angola.

I can't really think of any smooth segway into the next category, so here we go: the Middle East.

Starting of with the final model of my latest package, we head to Iran.
Nowadays Iran Air's livery may not be the most colourful, or the most elaborate, but for quite some time they did operated the oldest aircraft at Arlanda, including the A310.

Moving swiftly on, we find ourselves in Syria.
Syrianair is not very well represented in 1:500, and again, this livery isn't the most colourful one around. But they did operate their Tu-134's to Moscow as recently as 2019. And as I'm planning an airport based in Moscow (yes, it's been in the planning stage for years, I know...) I thought it would make a nice addition. Still, wouldn't mind a 727 as well.

And so we come to the final aircraft of my 1:500 collection, for the moment, and also the final country on the list: Turkey. And, no, it's not represented by Turkish Airlines.

As my collection has grown, it's been kinda difficult to keep track of what models I have, but... I don't think I've missed any. Don't think so.
But that is it for now. When new stuff arrives, I will update the thread. But when that will be, I have no idea.
Old 03-05-2021, 09:17 AM   #760
Admin

DutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobby

Great stuff Oskar, you have a very diverse and colorful collection featuring models from lots of different eras and geographical locations. It's been a pleasure to read along!

My Amsterdam Schiphol in 1:500: http://www.wings900.com/vb/model-air...l-airport.html
DutchCollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 09:34 AM   #761
Red Eagles!

Well, Thom, it has its ups and downs. There's lots of variety, which is good for an international airport diorama. But my fingers itch almost every time I open eBay. But not limiting myself to any specific era or location means I can spice things up a bit.

An added bonus, for me, is that I don't necessarily purchase my models based on interest, but the models help add to my interest. If I see a model I like of an airline I've never heard of, I instantly look it up and do some research, without which there are several airlines I still wouldn't have known about. Especially in Russia and the former USSR.
Old 03-05-2021, 06:19 PM   #762
Collector

PT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flight fan View Post
Indeed, indeed. I probably would've had another Delta TriStar if Herpa hadn't messed up the cockpit windows of the Delta Belle model.

The America West liveries were wonderful in my opinion.

I do wish Herpa would've released this one as well.
Agree. Herpa should have released Nevada, Diamond Backs and the first livery of Teamwork, so the collection would have been complete!

Always keep improving! 'The excellency of today will be future's mediocrity.'
PT-TAA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2021, 10:03 AM   #763
Selfie with bros

LeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobby

That Syrianair Tu-134 was a very cool release by Herpa! Would be also great if they could release some in the old livery. Maybe the 727 or Tu-154... or the amazing 747SP! Those looked great.
Old 03-06-2021, 10:07 AM   #764
Red Eagles!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PT-TAA View Post
Agree. Herpa should have released Nevada, Diamond Backs and the first livery of Teamwork, so the collection would have been complete!
That would be awesome. But, unfortunately, I'm a bit sceptical that it'll ever happen as didn't they cancel a 737 re-release not too long ago?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoMuse747 View Post
That Syrianair Tu-134 was a very cool release by Herpa! Would be also great if they could release some in the old livery. Maybe the 727 or Tu-154... or the amazing 747SP! Those looked great.
I could use at least one of each.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: