Why no more Tu-204/214, Il-86/96, Tu-134 and B767-400? - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Model Terminal > 1:500 Scale Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 11-25-2021, 03:15 PM   #1
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby
Why no more Tu-204/214, Il-86/96, Tu-134 and B767-400?

Hi to all.
I wonder why Herpa is no more producing the Tu-204/214, the Il-86, the Il-96, the Tu-134.
These moulds were very nice and many airlines/liveries still to produce so i don't understand why they stopped to produce these models.
The Il-96 is a wonderful mould, the same for the Il-86 (even more better, if possible), the tu-2047214 and the Tu-134 are beautiful.
About the B767-400 i read something about broken mould: i am waiting for the Delta B767-400 and i am sure many other collectors would like to have this model in their hands, so i ask you if really the mould is broken and we will never see a Delta B767-400 in 1:500 scale.
Do you know what happened? Thanks for the answer.

Charter airlines lover
I desperately want...all charter airlines still missing!

Primera, Monarch, airberlin, XL Airways France, Germania, Small Planet, WOW, Aigle Azur, Sterling, Thomas Cook, Adria, Air Italy/Meridiana, Level, FlyBe, SunExpress Germany, Niki-Laudamotion, JetTime, Montenegro Airlines, CSA...R.I.P.
The sky is not the same without you!

Last edited by Charter; 11-25-2021 at 03:48 PM.
Charter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-25-2021, 04:33 PM   #2
RJ Captain

mmp-ace is an excellent contributormmp-ace is an excellent contributormmp-ace is an excellent contributormmp-ace is an excellent contributormmp-ace is an excellent contributormmp-ace is an excellent contributormmp-ace is an excellent contributormmp-ace is an excellent contributormmp-ace is an excellent contributormmp-ace is an excellent contributormmp-ace is an excellent contributor
Re: Why no more Tu-204/214, Il-86/96, Tu-134 and B767-400?

Herpa told me that the IL-96 & IL-86 moulds are broken. Would like to see much more of them. Sad.

You have never seen a rock show until you've seen KISS
mmp-ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2021, 06:39 AM   #3
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmp-ace View Post
Herpa told me that the IL-96 & IL-86 moulds are broken. Would like to see much more of them. Sad.
And the B767-400 mould too?

Charter airlines lover

Primera, Monarch, airberlin, XL Airways France, Germania, Small Planet, WOW, Aigle Azur, Sterling, Thomas Cook, Adria, Air Italy/Meridiana, Level, FlyBe, SunExpress Germany, Niki-Laudamotion, JetTime, Montenegro Airlines, CSA...R.I.P.

Old 11-26-2021, 06:55 PM   #4
RJ Captain

mmp-ace is an excellent contributormmp-ace is an excellent contributormmp-ace is an excellent contributormmp-ace is an excellent contributormmp-ace is an excellent contributormmp-ace is an excellent contributormmp-ace is an excellent contributormmp-ace is an excellent contributormmp-ace is an excellent contributormmp-ace is an excellent contributormmp-ace is an excellent contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charter View Post
And the B767-400 mould too?

Don't know anything about the 767-400 mould but a Delta would be great!

You have never seen a rock show until you've seen KISS
mmp-ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2021, 09:48 AM   #5
Red Eagles!

Flight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
While that is a shame, there aren't really that many more Il-96 liveries to produce. But, of course, they could re-release the Aeroflot livery a few times with new registrations.
Flight fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2021, 12:33 PM   #6
The Dark Side

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flight fan View Post
Quote:
While that is a shame, there aren't really that many more Il-96 liveries to produce. But, of course, they could re-release the Aeroflot livery a few times with new registrations.
Kras Air, Cubana/Aeroflot hybrid livery, Aeroflot Ra- registration with Russia flag on the tail.

Charter airlines lover

Old 11-28-2021, 02:10 PM   #7
Red Eagles!

Flight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobby

I think it's more likely they'll release the updated Cubana livery before the Cubana/Aeroflot hybrid.

Although, if we do include other "one-of" liveries, I do suppose they could produce the Aeroflot/Rossiya hybrid, Atlant-Soyuz, Aerostarz, or the two liveries used by Ilyushin Design Bureau:
https://russianplanes.net/id97529
https://russianplanes.net/id274460

While I guess there could be a market for the Aeroflot/Rossiya and Atlant-Soyuz, I do see the other three as highly unlikely. So leaving those out, that leaves just three more or less likely releases. And then you've done them all. The Il-86, meanwhile, has carried numerous regular liveries and hybrids, including several Aeroflot versions.

Looking at the Il-96-400T, there are two more liveries that could be produced, now that they've been converted from cargo aircraft:
https://russianplanes.net/id206275
https://russianplanes.net/id211227

These would however require mould changes to include the new lumps and bumps installed on top of the fuselage.

"But what about the Il-96M?"
https://russianplanes.net/id76915
Well... That would also require a new mould, for one aircraft, that only ever wore one livery. Therefore, highly unlikely.

"The Il-96T prototype then?"
https://russianplanes.net/id23085
While the fuselage is the same as the later production Il-96-400T, it had different engines when first built, and I'm not sure if the engine mould and wing mould are compatible, or if they would require any modifications. Either way, this was another one-of livery and aircraft combination. Although, yes, the aircraft did later go on to fly for both Atlant-Soyuz and Polet.
Old 11-28-2021, 07:03 PM   #8
RJ First Officer

SandborgAirport is a diecast iconSandborgAirport is a diecast iconSandborgAirport is a diecast iconSandborgAirport is a diecast iconSandborgAirport is a diecast iconSandborgAirport is a diecast iconSandborgAirport is a diecast iconSandborgAirport is a diecast iconSandborgAirport is a diecast iconSandborgAirport is a diecast iconSandborgAirport is a diecast icon

Most of the remaining liveries for the IL96:IL86 are highly unlikely. Herpa rarely produces hybrid liveries and I doubt there would be enough demand for short lived liveries on not so common planes.

Even the TU134, what liveries are missing? Most of the major ones have been done. The TU204 also doesn’t have many to be made.

I’d much rather see current Russian/CIS models produced like the S7 Cargo 737-800, a rerelease of the Aeroflot SSJ100 or Ukraine 737 or E190.
SandborgAirport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2021, 07:32 PM   #9
Red Eagles!

When it comes to the Tu-134, there are actually quite a few liveries that could be produced, although the options are limited by the fact that Herpa only has the mould for the longer fuselage variants. But that still leaves Aeroflot Plus, Air Moldova, Alrosa, Aviogenex, Bashkirian Airlines, Estonian Air, Izhavia, Kyrgyzstan Airlines, Lithuanian Airlines, LOT, Pulkovo Airlines, Rossiya, Samara Airlines, Syrianair(old), Yamal Airlines, etc. Plus a bunch of military and governmental liveries, as well as smaller, lesser known carriers and private aircraft. (Let's not forget they did produce Roman Abramovich's 767.) So I do think there is a market for more Tu-134's.

The Tu-204/214 is a little more limited, but there are still liveries left to do: Air Koryo, Cairo Aviation, Cubana Cargo, Dalavia, Kras Air, Russian Post, Siberia Airlines/S7, Vnukovo Airlines, and the older Aviastar-TU liveries.
Old 11-29-2021, 08:56 AM   #10
The Dark Side

About the Tu-204 even Mahan Air used one model in complete airline livery, SU-EAF for about a year. It would be a beautiful release.
While the Il-86 could be realized in the colors of AJT, Transeuropean (wonderful livery), Transavia, Vaso Airlines, Atlant-Soyuz (even if these last two are essentially white fuselages with the written and the tail logo).
About the Tu-134 i see many liveries to realize, at the same level of the Tu-154.

Charter airlines lover

Last edited by Charter; 11-29-2021 at 04:00 PM.
Old 11-30-2021, 11:17 AM   #11
Red Eagles!

Quote:
Transeuropean (wonderful livery)
As much as I would love to see that livery produced, especially as Herpa used an image of the Transeuropean/KrasAir hybrid when they announced the club model KrasAir Il-86, the amount of aircraft they operated is a bit mysterious, as different websites list different registrations. However, having looked up all the registrations I could find, I have only been able to find three aircraft that received their full livery:
Il-86 RA-86145
Tu-154M RA-85799
Tu-204 RA-64018

At least two others wore a hybrid livery consisting of the basic Aeroflot cheatline with new titles:
Il-86 RA-86062
Tu-154M RA-85676

The ill-fated RA-85816 also briefly operated for them, flying in a hybrid Bashkirian/Transeuropean livery:
https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/228957

I can however find no pictures of the remaining aircraft listed with either hybrid or full Transeuropean liveries:
Il-86 UK-86057
Il-86 RA-86109
Il-86 RA-86120
Tu-154M RA-85630
Tu-154M RA-85697

So while it would be lovely to see... I do think anyone who wants these have to turn to our talented custom makers.
Old 11-30-2021, 12:18 PM   #12
The Dark Side

Quote:
Quote:
Transeuropean (wonderful livery)
As much as I would love to see that livery produced, especially as Herpa used an image of the Transeuropean/KrasAir hybrid when they announced the club model KrasAir Il-86, the amount of aircraft they operated is a bit mysterious, as different websites list different registrations. However, having looked up all the registrations I could find, I have only been able to find three aircraft that received their full livery:
Il-86 RA-86145
Tu-154M RA-85799
Tu-204 RA-64018

At least two others wore a hybrid livery consisting of the basic Aeroflot cheatline with new titles:
Il-86 RA-86062
Tu-154M RA-85676

The ill-fated RA-85816 also briefly operated for them, flying in a hybrid Bashkirian/Transeuropean livery:
https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/228957

I can however find no pictures of the remaining aircraft listed with either hybrid or full Transeuropean liveries:
Il-86 UK-86057
Il-86 RA-86109
Il-86 RA-86120
Tu-154M RA-85630
Tu-154M RA-85697

So while it would be lovely to see... I do think anyone who wants these have to turn to our talented custom makers.
I still don't understand why Herpa did not produce Aeroflot Il-86 and Tu-154 old livery with Russian registration and the Russian flag on the tail (we have both models with CCCP registration).
If i am not wrong JCWings produced a Transeuropean Il-86 in full livery in 1:400 scale.

Charter airlines lover

Old 11-30-2021, 01:03 PM   #13
Red Eagles!

Quote:
I still don't understand why Herpa did not produce Aeroflot Il-86 and Tu-154 old livery with Russian registration and the Russian flag on the tail (we have both models with CCCP registration).
Or why they produced the Tu-134 in the old livery with Russian flag and reg, but not with Soviet flag and reg.

Quote:
If i am not wrong JCWings produced a Transeuropean Il-86 in full livery in 1:400 scale.
There is indeed.
Old 11-30-2021, 01:11 PM   #14
The Dark Side

Quote:
Quote:
Or why they produced the Tu-134 in the old livery with Russian flag and reg, but not with Soviet flag and reg.

Quote:
There is indeed.
Right. Herpa mysteries, things i will never understand.

Charter airlines lover

Old 12-02-2021, 06:49 AM   #15
The Dark Side

If i am not wrong Herpa did not realize the Aeroflot-Don Tu-134 new livery while the Aeroflot-Nord Tu-134 has been realized.
This one is missing

Charter airlines lover

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: