Brussels Airlines New Livery - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Model Terminal > 1:500 Scale Discussion

View Poll Results: Do you like Brussels Airline new Livery?
Yes, I hope Herpa will make a model of it soon! 8 24.24%
Yes, but still want herpa to make a model with the old livery first. 1 3.03%
No, I hope Herpa makes a model with the old livery first! 20 60.61%
I can't decide yet. 4 12.12%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 11-18-2021, 01:53 PM   #1
Puddle Jumper

Luke2002 is getting startedLuke2002 is getting startedLuke2002 is getting startedLuke2002 is getting startedLuke2002 is getting startedLuke2002 is getting started
Brussels Airlines New Livery

Since Brussels Airlines changed her color scheme drastically, I'm quite curious what people think about it. That's why I created this poll. I'm looking forward to the outcome! And feel free to leave your opinion in the comments.

And for the people who didn't see the new livery yet, here it is:

Brussels Airlines New Livery-brussels_airlines_-_nieuwe_livery1creismedia-1280.jpg

Brussels Airlines New Livery-brussels_airlines-nieuw_liverycbrussels_airlines-1280.jpg

Last edited by Luke2002; 11-18-2021 at 02:00 PM.
Luke2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-18-2021, 02:46 PM   #2
Puddle Jumper

LeCruiser is flying under the radarLeCruiser is flying under the radarLeCruiser is flying under the radar
Re: Brussels Airlines New Livery

I am currently searching for the right words to express my opinion on the new painting.

The press conference said so nicely that the word "Brussels" is emblazoned in capital letters on the fuselage to emphasise the airline's Belgian identity. For me, this has nothing to do with Belgian identity.
Instead of Brussels, it could also say Eurowings, which would be believable.

A brand should always be identifiable, even if the brand name were removed.

Last edited by LeCruiser; 11-18-2021 at 02:54 PM.
LeCruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2021, 02:47 PM   #3
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby

Hi, thanks for the poll.
No, i don'tlike this livery even if it was original. Why i say this? Because this is Croatia Airlines livery with rounds instead of squares on the tail.
But, of course, being Brussels Airlines new livery and, in the next future, a common view in all main airports, i hope Herpa will produce it.

Charter airlines lover
I desperately want...all charter airlines still missing!

Primera, Monarch, airberlin, XL Airways France, Germania, Small Planet, WOW, Aigle Azur, Sterling, Thomas Cook, Adria, Air Italy/Meridiana, Level, FlyBe, SunExpress Germany, Niki-Laudamotion, JetTime, Montenegro Airlines, CSA...R.I.P.
The sky is not the same without you!
Charter is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 11-18-2021, 06:04 PM   #4
Puddle Jumper

Luke2002 is getting startedLuke2002 is getting startedLuke2002 is getting startedLuke2002 is getting startedLuke2002 is getting startedLuke2002 is getting started
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charter View Post
Hi, thanks for the poll.
No, i don'tlike this livery even if it was original. Why i say this? Because this is Croatia Airlines livery with rounds instead of squares on the tail.
But, of course, being Brussels Airlines new livery and, in the next future, a common view in all main airports, i hope Herpa will produce it.
The same for me, i think we have to life with it haha
Old 11-18-2021, 06:06 PM   #5
Puddle Jumper

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeCruiser View Post
I am currently searching for the right words to express my opinion on the new painting.

The press conference said so nicely that the word "Brussels" is emblazoned in capital letters on the fuselage to emphasise the airline's Belgian identity. For me, this has nothing to do with Belgian identity.
Instead of Brussels, it could also say Eurowings, which would be believable.

A brand should always be identifiable, even if the brand name were removed.
That is true, i just don’t understand what 9 dots have to do with a belgium airline. The old “b” on the tail makes much more sense and more original.
Old 11-18-2021, 09:13 PM   #6
Earning My Wings

UnchiuDumitru is flying under the radar

)))))))))))))

UnchiuDumitru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2021, 09:29 PM   #7
Selfie with bros

LeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobby

A huge piece of CRAP!
Old 11-19-2021, 03:24 AM   #8
Sympathy for the devil 😈

Wingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobby

It's very sad... While I kinda like the large "Brussels" titles, the rest of the livery is just sad and, as said before, a weird copy of Croatia Airlines. At least it's an interesting case to put my IP-law course of last year into practice

I really liked the old livery and the fourteen dots B-logo.

The new livery and logo are supposed to represent and symbolise their 'Belgian identity', which makes absolutely no sense. The orange color is in no way related to Belgium or any of it's regions and the logo just represent random dots... I guess this rebranding follows the recent rebranding of the other Lufthansa-Group airlines but this one is by far the worst. They should have gone with simple rebranding like they did with Austrian: keep the previous tail and add new, bigger titles on a white fuselage.

In Belgian newspapers and social media the livery is also highly criticised.

My collection: http://www.diecastmodelaircraft.com/...usselsairlines
Wingslover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2021, 05:34 AM   #9
Puddle Jumper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingslover View Post
It's very sad... While I kinda like the large "Brussels" titles, the rest of the livery is just sad and, as said before, a weird copy of Croatia Airlines. At least it's an interesting case to put my IP-law course of last year into practice

The new livery and logo are supposed to represent and symbolise their 'Belgian identity', which makes absolutely no sense. The orange color is in no way related to Belgium or any of it's regions and the logo just represent random dots... I guess this rebranding follows the recent rebranding of the other Lufthansa-Group airlines but this one is by far the worst. They should have gone with simple rebranding like they did with Austrian: keep the previous tail and add new, bigger titles on a white fuselage.

I also like the new titles, and what you say, just a simple rebranding. It would have been beautiful.

I also read that they wanted to keep the design cost low. But i think this new design is costing more then when they just did the simple rebrading like you said. I think they should change it, but i believe with the effort and money spend on this, they will not do it.
Old 11-19-2021, 05:36 AM   #10
Puddle Jumper

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnchiuDumitru View Post
)))))))))))))

Interesting , whoever designed this rebrand apparently didn't have much inspiration to come up with something new.
Old 11-19-2021, 10:40 AM   #11
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingslover View Post
It's very sad... While I kinda like the large "Brussels" titles, the rest of the livery is just sad and, as said before, a weird copy of Croatia Airlines. At least it's an interesting case to put my IP-law course of last year into practice [IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.wings900.com/vb/images/smilies/icon_lol.gif[/IMG]

You are from Belgium Alberic, so: do you see something (even small, little, maybe hidden) related to Belgium, Belgium history and/or Sabena/SN Brussels/Brussels Airlines? Maybe something we, not Belgian, can't understand. Because i can't believe Brussels Airlines changed brand and livery without a meaning and without reflecting on the possible consequences of a livery that doesn't reflect and represents the history and the features of a so proud population like your.

Charter airlines lover

Primera, Monarch, airberlin, XL Airways France, Germania, Small Planet, WOW, Aigle Azur, Sterling, Thomas Cook, Adria, Air Italy/Meridiana, Level, FlyBe, SunExpress Germany, Niki-Laudamotion, JetTime, Montenegro Airlines, CSA...R.I.P.
Old 11-19-2021, 04:07 PM   #12
Senior Captain

Speedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobby

Livery ? Which livery ???
Speedbird 001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2021, 06:39 PM   #13
Puddle Jumper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedbird 001 View Post
See the first post on the poll, i have edit two photos of the new color scheme
Old 11-20-2021, 02:10 AM   #14
The Dark Side

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke2002 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedbird 001 View Post
See the first post on the poll, i have edit two photos of the new color scheme
He was sarcastic i think...no livery but just a written and some dots.

Charter airlines lover

Last edited by Charter; 11-20-2021 at 11:38 AM.
Old 11-21-2021, 09:02 AM   #15
Admin

DutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobby

It reminds me of Croatia Airlines too much to be a distinct livery. I wasn't overly big on their old livery, but this is worse..

My Amsterdam Schiphol in 1:500: http://www.wings900.com/vb/model-air...l-airport.html
DutchCollector is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: