New releases: Cathay Pacific 75th Anniversary Box Set - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Model Terminal > 1:500 Scale Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 07-21-2021, 11:21 AM   #1
RJ First Officer

B-HUF is flying under the radar
New releases: Cathay Pacific 75th Anniversary Box Set

I've just read on the Asia Miles website that there's a 75th Anniversary box set coming up and will be open for pre-order by members very soon. The box set will include 7 1:500 Cathay Pacific models, which include DC-3, DC-6, L-1011, B747-400, B777-300, A350-1000 and A321neo. There's no further information of the manufacturer but I guess it's from Hogan. I'm just also attaching an image I captured from the website, but the resolution is low so can't really see the details like registrations etc. The price for the box set is HKD 3,200 (~EUR 350).

Good to see Cathay Pacific keeping alive with such a box set which was never seen before. Some interesting new models like DC-3, DC-6 and A321neo, while others are most likely just re-releases. Would be keen to see if these will be available as single releases later on.
Attached Thumbnails
New releases: Cathay Pacific 75th Anniversary Box Set-bc44daf6-8806-4f60-b243-b1ed9f820437_1626880862811.png   New releases: Cathay Pacific 75th Anniversary Box Set-a4315358-9a72-4410-8c80-09c4a58aa241_1626880879436.png  
Advertisement

Old 07-21-2021, 08:25 PM   #2
Earning My Wings

Cat777 is flying under the radar
Is it really?!!!! I can’t believe it. What amazing!!!!!!!!! I must buy. I must buy. I have to buy. Thank you so much !!!!
Cat777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 01:47 AM   #3
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby
Re: New releases: Cathay Pacific 75th Anniversary Box Set

The "problem" for those collectors already having all the models of the set is to pay abour 350 euro for just the A321neo...
I hope this small airplane will be sold separately.

Charter airlines lover
I desperately want...all charter airlines still missing!

Primera, Monarch, airberlin, XL Airways France, Germania, Small Planet, WOW, Aigle Azur, Sterling, Thomas Cook, Adria, Air Italy/Meridiana, Level, FlyBe, SunExpress Germany, Niki-Laudamotion, JetTime, Montenegro Airlines, CSA...R.I.P.
The sky is not the same without you!
Charter is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-22-2021, 10:37 AM   #4
Admin

DutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobby

Interesting set but very expensive for the average collector.

My Amsterdam Schiphol in 1:500: http://www.wings900.com/vb/model-air...l-airport.html
DutchCollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 09:06 PM   #5
Earning My Wings

undegrade is flying under the radar

Cant wait! Also, if there are any CX 1/500 fans here. Can someone help me out? I need a 747 B-HUF and HUJ in new generation.
undegrade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 09:14 PM   #6
Earning My Wings

undegrade is flying under the radar

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-HUF View Post
I've just read on the Asia Miles website that there's a 75th Anniversary box set coming up and will be open for pre-order by members very soon. The box set will include 7 1:500 Cathay Pacific models, which include DC-3, DC-6, L-1011, B747-400, B777-300, A350-1000 and A321neo. There's no further information of the manufacturer but I guess it's from Hogan. I'm just also attaching an image I captured from the website, but the resolution is low so can't really see the details like registrations etc. The price for the box set is HKD 3,200 (~EUR 350).

Good to see Cathay Pacific keeping alive with such a box set which was never seen before. Some interesting new models like DC-3, DC-6 and A321neo, while others are most likely just re-releases. Would be keen to see if these will be available as single releases later on.
May you send me the link please?
undegrade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2021, 02:39 AM   #7
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by undegrade View Post
May you send me the link please?
https://www.cathaypacific.com/cx/it_...duty-free.html

https://lifestyle.asiamiles.com/en/b...%29/p/CXB_0081

Charter airlines lover
I desperately want...all charter airlines still missing!

Primera, Monarch, airberlin, XL Airways France, Germania, Small Planet, WOW, Aigle Azur, Sterling, Thomas Cook, Adria, Air Italy/Meridiana, Level, FlyBe, SunExpress Germany, Niki-Laudamotion, JetTime, Montenegro Airlines, CSA...R.I.P.
The sky is not the same without you!
Charter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2021, 11:18 AM   #8
Master ATP Captain

hikouki is a diecast iconhikouki is a diecast iconhikouki is a diecast iconhikouki is a diecast iconhikouki is a diecast iconhikouki is a diecast iconhikouki is a diecast iconhikouki is a diecast iconhikouki is a diecast iconhikouki is a diecast iconhikouki is a diecast icon

Quote:

Agree. Would be interesting to know what the registrations are. The L1011 previous release had a slightly different livery (Swire logo) from when the type retired. It would be interesting if this release has a slightly different one. They could have been a bit more creative by perhaps including the old KA (e.g., KA L1011 in old livery) and some CX Cargo (e.g., 748) planes.

This item is currently not available for delivery to the USA. I wonder if they are testing the market by just starting local?
Old 07-27-2021, 06:39 PM   #9
RJ First Officer

B-HUF is flying under the radar
Quote:
Originally Posted by hikouki View Post
Quote:

Agree. Would be interesting to know what the registrations are. The L1011 previous release had a slightly different livery (Swire logo) from when the type retired. It would be interesting if this release has a slightly different one. They could have been a bit more creative by perhaps including the old KA (e.g., KA L1011 in old livery) and some CX Cargo (e.g., 748) planes.

This item is currently not available for delivery to the USA. I wonder if they are testing the market by just starting local?
The box set also comes with a concert ticket for a group of popular singers in Hong Kong, so that maybe the reason why it's only available for delivery to Hong Kong at this stage. But guess it maybe available for overseas purchases at a later stage, since they're also delivering other regular model items to other places (at least I can see they deliver to UK).
I also don't quite understand why the B747-8F are never realised in 1/500 scale - they could have done both the old and new regular liveries as well as the wonderful Hong Kong Traders livery! Hope these will appear in the near future.
Old 08-08-2021, 10:18 AM   #10
Master ATP Captain

hikouki is a diecast iconhikouki is a diecast iconhikouki is a diecast iconhikouki is a diecast iconhikouki is a diecast iconhikouki is a diecast iconhikouki is a diecast iconhikouki is a diecast iconhikouki is a diecast iconhikouki is a diecast iconhikouki is a diecast icon

This item is sold out. It was still displayed on their web page a week or two ago, with "sold out" as the status. Now it is not listed anymore.

I am curious whether it was the set itself or the concert ticket which was more popular.
At any rate, their other offerings on the web site as far as aircraft models are concerned are quite few.
Old 09-24-2021, 10:56 AM   #11
Earning My Wings

ccsctigerjin is flying under the radar

Can assist to look for brand new Cathay Pacific 75th anniversary box set in 1:500

The box set comprises DC-3, DC-6, Tristar, 747-400, 777-300ER, A350-1000 and A321neo, among which DC-3, DC-6 and A321neo are first in time reproduced and released in 1/500 scale.

Free feel to pm if interested, thanks

Sorry if I should not post this here
ccsctigerjin is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: