Mamunti´s Collection - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Model Terminal > 1:500 Scale Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 06-03-2021, 02:26 PM   #1
Puddle Jumper

Mamunti is getting startedMamunti is getting startedMamunti is getting startedMamunti is getting started
Mamunti´s Collection

Hi everyone.

Inspire by the threads of Luke´s and LeCruisers collections, as well as always the lovely and HUGE collection of Charter, Leo, Kev747 and many other that through this forum help me know and inspire to search or even make my own customs models for my collection; I would like to share with all of you my collection.

I will try to add a little of history of why the planes, our group of planes, are in my collection or if is something special about them, so it might take a little time to upload all the models .

As an introduction I will say this collection started trying to find the models of aircraft and livery that y flew in (and in some cases that I simple was in the specific airplane), but slowly and steadily I started to add more aircraft that I liked or even that I saw in any moment of my life.

Right now living in Madrid I do not have many space (so no airport diorama ) and most of the planes are in shelves and I have to play Tetris each time I want to add a new one or even move them to clean them. Most of the pictures were taken in the Bi-mensual cleaning weekend of the shelves with my cell phone, so sorry for some bad focus in some of the pictures.

I finish this first post the pictures of the shelves (please ignore the Star Wars OT and EU ships that is other of my guilty pleasure that have to share shelve space with the airplanes in my home )

Mamunti´s Collection-img_20210603_175342599_hdr.jpg

Mamunti´s Collection-img_20210603_174906953_hdr.jpg

Mamunti´s Collection-img_20210603_174940491_hdr.jpg

Mamunti´s Collection-img_20210603_174954301.jpg
Mamunti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-03-2021, 02:59 PM   #2
Earning My Wings

Luke2002 is getting startedLuke2002 is getting startedLuke2002 is getting started
Re: Mamunti´s Collection

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamunti View Post
Hi everyone.

Inspire by the threads of Luke´s and LeCruisers collections, as well as always the lovely and HUGE collection of Charter, Leo, Kev747 and many other
Really nice to hear that I'm one of the people that inspired you to do this I already see some great models in your fleet! Can't wait to hear the history of some of your models.
Luke2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 04:51 PM   #3
Puddle Jumper

Mamunti is getting startedMamunti is getting startedMamunti is getting startedMamunti is getting started

Starting the pictures of the models I will start with the models that are in the shelves of aircraft that I flew on or in one case a simple be inside of it. I will try to post them grouping them by airline; after finishing with those shelves I will go to the rest of the collection in the same manner by airline. It might take a few posts to cover them all.

A little bit of history of myself I was born on Venezuela and half of my family is from Spain and live here; so from an early age I have been lucky enough to be flying between Venezuela, Europe and US (Vacation to the East Coast of US was also relatively common ) most of the time.

Viasa

Viasa DC-10-30
Mamunti´s Collection-img_20210516_142057534.jpg
This is probably the first aircraft that I ever flew in with an age of 6 months between CCS-MAD; I can assure you that I do not remember a single thing of that fly, but my parent told me that most of those travel to visit my family in the 80´s where done flying Viasa dc-10,also that I slept almost the complete fly and I did not cry once, so I was not one of that dreaded crybabies in the plane . I do remember several other time that we flew to Madrid in Viasa DC-10-30 and then take Iberia plane to Bilbao.

Sadly in this decoration the last (and only one that I remember flow in)is only available in Herpa OG, the ones from Aeroclassic are from previous livery variations

Viasa Boeing 727-200
Mamunti´s Collection-img_20210516_142203685.jpg
This is the last aircraft of Viasa that I flew in, in a route CCS-MIA on early 90´s. At that moment Viasa loss (or probably someone stoled) the bigger suitcase of that Vacation and respond of Viasa to the "loss" was very poor. From that moment on we did not fly with them again. I might have flew this aircraft before in this route or in national flights, but true to be told the only one that I remember is that last time (I still remember the First Need For Speed game and some nice shark t-shirt that were in that suitcase ) .

This old Schuco / StarJets models are incredible detail even by today herpa standars and this model is no exception. I had to bought from an online store in Poland, but now I have seen it again several times on eBay, so for sure I over paid in shipment
There are other 2 more Viasa aircraft in my collection But they are in the other section I will Get to them in the future, but surely with less history attached to them.

Iberia
After stopping using Viasa every time that I flew direct between Spain and Venezuela I have been using Iberia in the route CCS-MAD, so basically I have a decent history of Iberia wide body from early 90 until today. Also this airline (and to a lesser extend the rest of IAG) have a special place in my hearth because I had work for them as provider and I have seen a little of it inner working, sadly Covid cut short that work .

Iberia DC-10-30
Mamunti´s Collection-img_20210516_130758438_hdr.jpg
Same as Viasa, in this scale with this decoration it is only available as Herpa OG model. Still Remember the few time that I flew in them, as small boy it was exactly the same as in Viasa but with Iberia logo everywhere and impossible to see the movie screen as small kid.

Iberia a340-300
Mamunti´s Collection-img_20210516_130948083_hdr.jpg
This is probably the Iberia´s WB aircraft type that I have flown the most. This model in standard livery for me was hard to find an represent how I usually remember flying with Iberia. I am not sure if there is this model in NG (at least a not “Feliz Navidad” model”)

Iberia a340-600
Mamunti´s Collection-img_20210516_131153599_hdr.jpg
Only flew with it a few times, never in the latest livery . I simple love the proportion and looks of the a340-600.

Iberia a330-300
Mamunti´s Collection-img_20210516_130029526_hdr.jpg
The only Iberia Aircraft that I have flown in the latest livery. I love this model but similar to the new A330 Neo the a330 of this era suffer of wings that looks like the where lifting the aircraft, but that helps in the Tetris Game that I make with the aircraft on the shelves.

Iberia Md-88
Mamunti´s Collection-img_20210516_130450957.jpg
This aircraft I flew it Between Madrid and Bilbao several times at a time for me that flying md-80 and 727 was common. A nice NG aircraft IMO

Iberia 727-200
Mamunti´s Collection-img_20210516_130648629.jpg
This aircraft I flew it Between Madrid and Bilbao several times at a time for me that flying md-80 and 727 was common, at least flying from Venezuela. A nice NG aircraft IMO

Iberia a320
Mamunti´s Collection-img_20210516_130302437.jpg
This aircraft I flew it Between Madrid-Bilbao, Madrid-Barcelona and international between Madrid –Athens and Madrid-Istanbul, Madrid-Rome. For me at least a nice NG aircraft
I probably also have flown in the a321 in one of those intra-Europe routes and a 757 between Madrid-Bilbao but because I do not remember without shadow of a doubt those models are place in the rest of Iberia Collection .

Last edited by Mamunti; 06-04-2021 at 10:18 AM. Reason: Correcting a few errors

Old 06-03-2021, 05:09 PM   #4
Puddle Jumper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke2002 View Post
Really nice to hear that I'm one of the people that inspired you to do this I already see some great models in your fleet! Can't wait to hear the history of some of your models.
Hope you like it. I will try to mix a little of why the model is in the collection and in some cases the model itself. Probably the first few post will be more extensive because is the aircraft that I flew in and I can always add a little personal note of that specific fly or aircraft; also most of the customs model that I made are in this section so might take a little more explanation when I get to them.

I always love to read about why the models are in any ones collections because make the history of each model important to each one of us, it might be a sentimental thing, might be to enrich an airport diorama or simply because you consider the livery cool. For example objectively that Viasa dc-10 that I posted is far from the best dc-10 model that there is, and there is even a better detailed and proportioned Viasa dc-10 in 1/500 from aeroclassic (one picture of that model in the future also), but because that specific decoration and the significance of that aircraft have to me it will be hard for me to part ways to that model (only if they made a new one in the same decoration then I might consider ).
Old 06-04-2021, 01:54 AM   #5
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby
Hi, thanks for sharing your collection. Very important to make Wings900 alive.
Very nice start even if looking at all those OG models make me sad. For a certain period i was almost sure Herpa would have started to re-release them (not all but the majority and the most important) in NG, but then i abandoned this wish like i abandoned many wishes about Herpa.
Please continue...
Thanks so much.

Charter airlines lover
I desperately want...all charter airlines still missing!

Primera, Monarch, airberlin, XL Airways France, Germania, Small Planet, WOW, Aigle Azur, Sterling, Thomas Cook, Adria, Air Italy/Meridiana, Level, FlyBe, SunExpress Germany, Niki-Laudamotion, JetTime, Montenegro Airlines, CSA...R.I.P.
The sky is not the same without you!
Charter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2021, 05:43 AM   #6
Admin

DutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobby

What a big collection indeed, with some lovely Iberia models! Sad to know that their A340-600s are obsolete now.

My Amsterdam Schiphol in 1:500: http://www.wings900.com/vb/model-air...l-airport.html
DutchCollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2021, 08:16 AM   #7
Puddle Jumper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charter View Post
Hi, thanks for sharing your collection. Very important to make Wings900 alive.
Very nice start even if looking at all those OG models make me sad. For a certain period i was almost sure Herpa would have started to re-release them (not all but the majority and the most important) in NG, but then i abandoned this wish like i abandoned many wishes about Herpa.
Please continue...
Thanks so much.
I will try to upload this afternoon a few more pictures of the flew aircraft shelves, specifically Venezuelan airlines (most of them some kind of custom model), Air Europa, BA, KLM, Egyptair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchCollector View Post
What a big collection indeed, with some lovely Iberia models! Sad to know that their A340-600s are obsolete now.
Thanks. Still missing a few more Iberia planes from my collection to show, but those I have not flow on them. Expect 13 more in the future.... well 11, because if the people that I know in Iberia know that I group as the same company Iberia Express and Iberia Regional as Iberia, they are going to lynch me .
Old 06-04-2021, 10:11 AM   #8
Puddle Jumper

Continuing with the shelves of aircraft that I flew in.

Air Europa

Air Europa 787-8
Mamunti´s Collection-copia-de-img_20210516_132401352_hdr.jpg
I flew this aircraft in the route between MAD-MIA 3 years ago. I explicitly choose this airline so I could mark the 787 as an aircraft that I flew in, and in general I do like the 787, but my experience in it was not the best; more because of the airline Product and service in economy.

As for the model itself is a relatively recent Herpa model. Right now is not easy to find it but is out there, I bought it when is was still common to find it in online stores.

Venezuelan Airlines

Avensa 727-200
Mamunti´s Collection-copia-de-img_20210516_142341943.jpg
My first round flight to Florida (that I remember) was made with this Airline in this aircraft in the route CCS-MIA. Not much can I said of this flight only that it was interesting decoration similar to the contemporary PAN AM Billboard livery

The, model, well it was originally a Herpa OG Kitty Hawk 727-200F that I bought recently for 8€ and strip the original decals (except the cockpit windows) and made with the printer and special transparent decal paper the new one, using as a base templates of commercial available decals for models in other scales. As the Kitty Hawk colours in this model were white, as Avensa colours, there was not needed to repaint the model.

Aeropostal MD-88
Mamunti´s Collection-copia-de-img_20210516_142423788.jpg
I flew several times in my live Aeropostal´s Dc-9 and MD-80 between CCS-MCO on the early 90´s, CCS-PUJ (Punta Cana, Dominican Republic) on early 2000´s and CCS-BLA (Barcelona, Venezuela) on mid 2000´s. Flew several livery but being my first custom model decide to go with the early 2000´s livery.

This model start his live as a Iberia Md-88 (yes it was my second model of Iberia MD-88), I remove the decals leaving the wing emergency markings and cockpit windows, mask the plane and paint the dark blue colours in the tail and engines, reapply the silver leading edges in the engines, and bought some commercial available decals in 1/500… that did not fit the herma 1/500, so I scan the decals and made my first own decals. A lot of learning came from making this plane and some error can be seen, but in general I am pleased with it.

Santa Barbara (SBA) 757-200
Mamunti´s Collection-copia-de-img_20210516_142546891.jpg
Flew this airplane on a round trip once between, You guess it, CCS-MIA on early 2000´s. In general I was really impress whit this fly, the hard product was not the best (the seats needed to change the padding on them, they were really hard), but the service and punctuality compare at that moment with American Airlines were superb.

This model is simple a Herpa Wing Club model, that is still easy to find. I was really glad that Herpa did this model.

Línea Turística Aerotuy (LTA) DHC-7
Mamunti´s Collection-copia-de-img_20210516_131513619.jpg
I flew this airline between CCS-LRV (Los Roques Venezuela) several times. Nice little aircraft. Nothing much to comment of the real fly.

This model is a 3d printed model from shapeways in a 1/500, clean, painted by me. The decals were made by me using windows from images of other decals of this model in other scale and constructing the logos and letters form different LTA assets available on Internet. In general this is one of the Customs that I think have the best finish in my collection, it is in that sweet spot in size that the decals show a good details and large enough that the decals do not mess with the other positions.

British Airways

In a time before Airline’s alliance, I used British Airways quite a lot between Heathrow and Bilbao, how we arrive at London and witch airline we use, well that is another story (BA, KLM, United). Funny enough I have only flow in BA in Landor colour, even in the middle of project Utopia era I always got the still Landor livery aircraft; but true to be told the Landor livery as well the United Battleship livery and KLM blue livery are between my favourite’s liveries.

Also, this airline is the one that I have the most stand ins for the real aircraft that I flew

BA 747-400
Mamunti´s Collection-copia-de-img_20210516_133739608.jpg
There is a phrase that says “You never forget your first”; well I can attested. I will never forget my first 747 that I flew on . I still remember on summer of 1993 when I saw this behemoth of a plane arrive at night and stop on our gate in CCS. I flew them several time between CCS-LHR and CCS-LGW.

This model is the recently retro Landor Livery that BA unveil in 2019, to be exact it should be the one that herpa made a few years before, but right now we it is very hard to find in a decent price. So, this is the closest stand in. At least I can say that this plane was at one moment paint with those colours

BA 737-200
Mamunti´s Collection-copia-de-img_20210516_133527022.jpg
Flow this once between LHR-BIO.

Hard to find model in NG but happy to be able to find it.

BA A319 (should be a a320 in Landor livery)
Mamunti´s Collection-copia-de-img_20210516_133216091_hdr.jpg
Most of the time I flew an a320 in Landor livery between LHR-BIO. Also fist time that I flew in Business was in this plane in this route. As stand in I use the a319 because of my BA a320 family this is the only one that I know is use in that route, also the other a320 that I have, have wingtips, no wing fences; also, to optimize the Tetris game in the other shelves.

The model is quite nice, but wish to have a Landor a320 CEO in 1/500 ☹

KLM

I flew with KLM from Caracas only two time, but it was enough to make quite an impression

KLM 747-400
Mamunti´s Collection-copia-de-img_20210516_140018255.jpg
Not the first 747 that I flew, flew them only 2 times (one round trip between CCS-AMS) and I cannot be sure if a flew one of the combi models, but in the return fly we flew in the row 4 right in the nose of the plane; so that is one of those moment that is hard to forget.

The model is Schuco-Starjets. Always love these old models and the details that they have. The only problem is that the control of the tail number that they use I am not so sure, I also have the same model in the next livery of Schuco, with the Northwest-KLM alliance logo and have the exact same tail number.

KLM MD-11
Mamunti´s Collection-copia-de-img_20210516_140204763.jpg
Flew it one round trip one round trip between CCS-AMS on 2002, considered at the moment a down grade from the previous flown 747. But still the only md-11 that I ever flew on.

Another Herpa OG Model, without tail number, sadly this specific livery is not available in NG and this is the one that I flew in. You can find I think two different models in NG with the next livery.

KLM 767-300
Mamunti´s Collection-copia-de-img_20210516_140316588.jpg
Flew this between AMS-CAI in 2002. Not much to said about the fly or experience, only that add this aircraft type to the list

The model is another excellent Schuco airplane.

KLM 737-900
Mamunti´s Collection-copia-de-img_20210516_140424780.jpg
Flew this in two different occasions between AMS-LHR. Same as the 767 Not much to said about the fly or experience, only that add this aircraft type to the list.

Same as the 767 another excellent Schuco airplane.

Egyptair

Egyptair 737-500
Mamunti´s Collection-img_20210516_132147746_hdr.jpg
Flew this in national flights in a tour that my family and I made in Egypt on 2002 between CAI- LXR, ASW-ABS and ABS-CAI.

This model is another 3d printed model from shapeways but using the cheapest and more porous material for 9€ (grouped with a batch of Star Wars EU models). Painted by me and decals also made by me. The main problem with models like this one and my own made decals is that if you have light colours (like a logo) over dark colours you really must make the transparent decal that contains the complete background colour and the logo itself and try to fit it perfectly to the space you want. Even the tail doesn’t look as good and the porous material does stand up if you see it up close as in the picture; I like the result and having quite a unique model and did not have to sacrifice one of the rarer Herpa 737-500 that goes around.

Last edited by Mamunti; 06-04-2021 at 12:20 PM.
Old 06-04-2021, 10:48 AM   #9
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby

Avensa B727, Aeropostal MD-80 and LTA DHC-7 are wonderful.

Charter airlines lover

Primera, Monarch, airberlin, XL Airways France, Germania, Small Planet, WOW, Aigle Azur, Sterling, Thomas Cook, Adria, Air Italy/Meridiana, Level, FlyBe, SunExpress Germany, Niki-Laudamotion, JetTime, Montenegro Airlines, CSA...R.I.P.
Old 06-04-2021, 12:04 PM   #10
Puddle Jumper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charter View Post
Avensa B727, Aeropostal MD-80 and LTA DHC-7 are wonderful.
Thanks Charter!.

I am really proud of my custom aircraft. Might not be the best looking customs but add a unique model to mi collection.

Still a few more customs are in the queu to put the pictures up; 5 general aviation aircraft, an Avianca md-83 and a Grand Canyon Airline Dhc-6.
Old 06-06-2021, 05:37 AM   #11
Puddle Jumper

General aviation

Because my father worked for the petroleum industry, when I was little boy, and he was working outside Caracas we flew several times in the Company´s aircraft to reunited with him. I do only have memory flashes of the aircraft and travels but must of the time my father has feel up the blanks to identify and model the planes. There are not many details that I can give to where I flew in with them, the only route that I remember clearly is Caracas-Cardon, but I might have flow them in other routes.
All of the models of this part are 3d printed models bought on Shapeways as before (but in the more detailed material as the dhc-7), painted and decals made by me. The size of this aircraft made to be quite a challenge to paint and apply the decals, and with the zoom of the camera you see the imperfection that because of the size is not as easy to see between the other models. Also, most of this 3d printed came with more than one model because of the size, so I still have a few more models to make but those are not going to be copy of any specific airplane.

Maraven´s Grumman Gulfstream-I
Mamunti´s Collection-img_20210516_131601188_hdr.jpg

Maravens´s IAI Westwind
Mamunti´s Collection-img_20210516_131945869.jpg

Lagoven´s Beechcraft King Air 200
Mamunti´s Collection-img_20210516_132030561.jpg

Maraven´s Dassault Falcon 50
Mamunti´s Collection-img_20210516_131648898_hdr.jpg

Cessna 172
Mamunti´s Collection-img_20210516_131734845.jpg
This aircraft belongs to a co-worked of my dad and we make a trip with his family in his aircraft to los Roques departing Los Caracas Airport, in bad weather. Because at that time I was 19 years old I flew in the left seat, so it also was very fond experience; not for my parents that were so scare of the bad weather in the fly to los Roques, that they decide to buy at the end of the trip a fly back with LTA.

For a size comparison I add a Picture of the Air Europa´s 787-8 beside the Cessna 172
Mamunti´s Collection-img_20210516_131822277_hdr.jpg

Mexicana

Mexicana´s A320
Mamunti´s Collection-img_20210516_141414642.jpg
I flew Mexicana Aircraft several times between CCS-CUN, CCS-MEX, BOG-MEX, all round trips for vacations and in some cases for work.

The model is an old OG Herpa a320 model with the weir cockpit shape. Sadly, is the only model with the decoration I Flew in.

Mexicana´s A318
Mamunti´s Collection-img_20210516_141321208.jpg
I flew tis aircraft between MEX-CUN.

The model is the previous iteration of Mexicana´s a318 made by Herpa. This airplane does not have the base and hole for the base as the new model have. This livery is the standard livery that I flew with Mexicana but I have to admit as a livery I prefer the more recent release.

Avianca

In case of Avianca I have a missing planes and have one stand-ins, because Herpa has not made some specific models yet.

Missing form my collection is Avianca 767-200 I flew it once between BOG-CCS (The afternoon flight between the city was usually made by a Wide-body). There is and OG model of the aircraft, but apart form recently the price has been a little to hight for that model, for me it is hard to pass the really strange shape of the nose of that model.

Avianca´s SUMA livery md-83
Mamunti´s Collection-img_20210516_140907383.jpg
I flew this in a first our flight between CCS-BOG. I was surprised when I notice that we were going to fly a special livery aircraft, at first glance I thought that it was not an Avianca´s aircraft with its white and light grey livery, and the butterfly in the tail.

This model is a Custom made by me. It started it life as a Herpa OG Edelweiss´ MD-83 that found at 8€. All the original decals were removed and the fuselage of the aircraft model repainted to give the two tone livery.

Avianca´s A318
Mamunti´s Collection-img_20210516_140756641.jpg
This aircraft is a stand in for the real one that I flew, I flew a320 between CCS-BOG, that specific travel was quite significant for me because it was the migration fly, the moment I stop living in Venezuela and start living in Spain.

The model needs little introductions this is the long delayed and recently release Herpas Avianca´s a318.

Avianca´s a330-200
Mamunti´s Collection-img_20210516_140636321.jpg
This aircraft is the other half of my moving out of Venezuela trip. I flew this between CCS-BCN. Quite sentimental and significant plane for me, as important as the Viasa dc-10.

The model itself is a Herpa NG model that was able to buy it for under 10€, it did not come with the box, and had all the landing gear tear off, but with all the pieces collect and send it with the plane. Apart from the Landing gear the model was in very good condition, and afterwards I was able to repair the landing gear so it stands with his own and original “Feets”.

Last edited by Mamunti; 06-06-2021 at 03:55 PM.
Old 06-06-2021, 07:08 AM   #12
Puddle Jumper

Air Canada

I flew air Canada in a trip to China. The special part of this trip was that was the first time I got to fly in a 777 and because of the route I was going to fly both 200LR and 300ER. Also, because I flew this in 2008 when it was still common to find a 3-3-3 configuration in a 777 economy´s cabin, oppose to the present 3-4-3. In general, in all my segment, the cabin and attention of the crew were excellent.
I also flew with them in the early 90´s but apart from Toronto and a few memory flashes of the airport in Toronto, I am unable, as is my father, to remember the route and the aircraft that we took to get there. It was a business trip that my dad had to make that my mother and I joined.

Air Canada´s a319
Mamunti´s Collection-img_20210516_141944306.jpg
I flew this aircraft the round trip route CCS- YYZ in this decoration.
The model is a relative recent NG model of Herpa, very good IMO

Air Canada´s 777-200LR
Mamunti´s Collection-img_20210516_141759580_hdr.jpg
I flew this between YYZ-YVR. Not much to add apart from what I already wrote
The model is an old Herpa NG. Good model, but I think there is a Aero500 model of this plane with mode details.

Air Canada´s 777-300ER
Mamunti´s Collection-img_20210516_141700191.jpg
I flew this in the routes YVR-PEK and HKG-YVR. Again, not much to add apart from what I already wrote.
The model is an Aero500 model. Very detailed model compared to Herpa, but the tone of the light blue of the fuselage is slightly different form the Herpa counterpart. I do prefer the Herpa Colour tone. The model itself was cheap because most of the tires are missing and it easy to notice that the engine pylons have been separated at some time because it has slight chipped paint in that zone. But for again 10€ and showed in the pictures at the time I bought it, so there is nothing I can complain.

Chinese Airlines

Part of the tour I made in China include air travels between Beijing-Xian-Shanghai- Guilin-Canton; because those flights were not made by us but were part of the tour the airlines and aircraft that we flew were kind of random, in conjunction with the times of the flights as well of the general tiresome nature of a tour and of course I do not remember with details those internal flights, I even do not remember if they were wide or narrow body, the only sure things is that if nothing pick my interested is was probably a plane that was so use to flying that I did not put much attention to them. I only remember that the logo of the airlines was made of parallel lines, because I kept a Baggage tack, which I cand not search because is in Venezuela while I am here in Spain. So, I decide to add the two main airlines with have a logo made of parallel lines in a 737-type aircraft which have been so common to me in my US flights that is probably why I did not put much attention to them.

Air China´s 737-700
Mamunti´s Collection-img_20210516_132807878_hdr.jpg
An Inflight 500 Model. Very detailed.

China Sothern´s 737-800
Mamunti´s Collection-img_20210516_132709915_hdr.jpg
Herpa relatively recent Model, not much to add.

Turkish Airlines

Turkish´s 737-900
Mamunti´s Collection-img_20210516_132915564_hdr.jpg
Took this aircraft as part of a tour between ESB-IST (Istanbul Atatürk Airport at the time). I do remember this fly and airplane very well. The service was nice, but I was seated apart from my family so the experience, because of my seat mates, was… let’s leave at unique.
The model is a Herpa NG 737-900, not much to add that this specific model is not so easy to find right now, the Max9 is.

Lufthansa.

I only have flow Lufthansa once, and because a delayed out of CCS of a Iberia flight make me miss the rest of my connections to Hamburg (With that I miss the chance to fly Air Berlin 737 in a route Munich-Hamburg). The rearrangement that Iberia made was to fly direct with Lufthansa and funny enough it was in not so big plane.

Lufthansa’s CRJ-700
Mamunti´s Collection-img_20210516_133023213_hdr.jpg
Nice NG model in the old colour. Not sure if I flew the 700 or the 900.

Air France

Flew this airline several time in my few last December vacation out of Caracas. Always the round trip on the route CCS-CDG-BCN. Each Year that I flew they change the Wide body on the transatlantic route. In general, I have nothing but praise to the airline, good service, generally good hard product in economy, and when in once we had a huge problem with a 24 delay in Caracas, they respond admirably.

Air France´s 777-200ER
Mamunti´s Collection-img_20210516_134909259_hdr.jpg
A good Standard Herpa Model IMO

Air France´s a340-300
Mamunti´s Collection-img_20210516_134721213_hdr.jpg
A good Standard Herpa Model IMO. I found easier to find the previous livery model that this one.

Air France´s a330-200
Mamunti´s Collection-img_20210516_134408267_hdr.jpg

Air France´s a320
Mamunti´s Collection-img_20210516_134208702_hdr.jpg

Aircraft that I have been on, but not Fly on.

Still missing the US airlines models but I decided to add this here, the aircraft that I have been on but not flew in, but because it significance have been added to the shelves. Really this list consit, at the momrnt, of only one model and another that I am trying to find.

British Concorde Prototype at Duxford´s Imperial War Museum
Mamunti´s Collection-img_20210516_132519130_hdr.jpg
The first time I visit the museum, the concorde was still flying, so been able to be inside one of the prototype was quite an experience for a little AVGeek, so it is only natural that I add this model of the exact tail number that I was in.
I know this model have some inacurancy, been the protype and Herpa use the production model mold, but still I am proud to be part of my collection.

Hispano Aviación HA-1112 “Buchón” Cuatripala (Bf-109G with a Rolls-Royce Merlin Engine made by Spain)
This is a model that I am trying to find in Shapeways and make a custom of it (The quality of my painting it is probably going to be as the cessna 172 that I showed before, but still it is another special airplane that I am searching). The first time I visit Florida, in one of the warbird museums that we visit, they had a flying example of this plane in WWII Luftwaffe colours (because it was use in the Memphis Belle movie). The museum was almost empty, and the manager, let us climb in the wing with him to explain a little more about the plane, and also let me sit in the cockpit; with the constant watchful eye of him and my father so I did not touch anything (It was a flying plane after all).

Last edited by Mamunti; 06-06-2021 at 03:58 PM.
Old 06-06-2021, 08:52 AM   #13
Puddle Jumper

Now to finish the shelves of aircraft that I Flown in; the US airlines (most of them Narrow body)

Grand Canyon Tour

This only have one present aircraft and one that I am actively searching for a model co make my own custom. To represent The Grand Canyon Tour that I took on 2007.

Grand Canyon Airlines´ DHC-6
Mamunti´s Collection-img_20210516_143601563.jpg
As part of the tour, we took this plane from Boulder City Municipal Airport in Las Vegas to Grand Canyon National Park Airport. The flight took us over Hoover Dam and flew over the Grand Canyon itself.

The plane, as before is another 3d printed custom from Shapeways in the mode detailed material. Because of the size and shape of the plane y have to brush paint the plain instead of air brush as before because masking was impossible for me. As before I made the decals that are apple to the plane. The only difference between the model and the real airplane is that the real one has 4 blade propellers instead of 3.

Papillon Helicopters´ Bell 206 Long Ranger
This is also another model that I am searching to find a 3d printed model to make my own custom as the “Buchon” form before. This was part of the tour of the Grand Canyon, the first and, at the moment, the only time that I have flown in a Helicopter.

Delta Airlines

Delta´s 737-900
Mamunti´s Collection-img_20210516_142956685_hdr.jpg
Only flew with Delta Once in a round trip on the route FLL-DTW-PVD, all segments use a 737 (not sure if all were 900) in this livery. Not much can be said of the flight.

This model is and old NG model made by Herpa It appears time to time. Love it because the is the livery I flew on.

United Airlines.

I only have flowed this airline once in a round trip to London, and it was in the middle of transitional livery between The old Red an blue tulip to the battleship livery. I have both models that I flew in, but the livery might not be exactly what I have. I remember I flew both livery but cannot precisely put with which Aircraft type.

United´s 757-200
Mamunti´s Collection-img_20210516_142856596.jpg
I flew this aircraft between CCS-JFK. Not much can be remembered of these flights.
The models is one of the early NG of Herpa, and I love the battleship livery of United. Relatively easy to find. Hope to have more United Battleship livery models in the future, as for this moment this is the only one I have.

United´s 767-200
Mamunti´s Collection-img_20210516_142728943.jpg
I flew this Between JFK-LHR. Afterwards we took a BA flight to Bilbao. Remember seen Iceberg in the way back to JFK. Not much can be said of this flights.
The models is relative new model made by herma and still can be found relatively easy in stores. Hope they re-release more 767-200 of other US airlines and the Avianca one .

Continental Airlines

Flew this airline different time through mi live in routes like CCS-EWR, EWR-BOS, EWR- BTV, EWR- IAH and IAH-CCS. Because I use this and the following airline the most I will lump the experience in general good but really there is nothing of notice to add to a specific flight.

Missing in my collection and really hard to find would be any continental express ERJ-145.

Continental´s MD-83
Mamunti´s Collection-img_20210516_143458219.jpg
Good Herpa model and I think it is from a transitional period between OG and NG. I see some details as OG, other as NG. Come on ebay with relatively frequency.

Contintental´s 737-700
Mamunti´s Collection-img_20210516_143136571_hdr.jpg
Good Herpa model also. Bough without a box like for 5€. Love it to have with WL also, but the “Tetris” problem of the shelve have keep me for actively search for it.

Continentals´s 737-900
Mamunti´s Collection-img_20210516_143243768.jpg
Good Schuco,lot of printed details. Love to have the Herpa model with WL also, but the “Tetris” problem of the shelve have keep me for actively search for it.

Continentals´s 757-200
Mamunti´s Collection-img_20210516_143349750_hdr.jpg
Good Herpa model also. Because the yellowish colour of some of the plastic part find relative cheap. Love it to have the Schuco´s model without WL also, but the “Tetris” problem of the shelve have keep me for actively search for it.

American Airlines

With out a doubt the US airline that I have flown the most. Only have flown in the old livery. The routes that I have flown with them (usually round trips and more that once) are: CCS-MIA, CCS-JFK, CCS-DFW, MIA-MCO, MIA-LAX, MIA-DFW, LAX-SFO, LAX-LAS, LAS-MIA, DFW-EGE, DFW-PVR.

American Eagle´s ATR-72
Mamunti´s Collection-img_20210516_145222834_hdr.jpg
Nice old model of Herpa, relatively hard to find at a good price.

American Eagle´s ERJ-145
Mamunti´s Collection-img_20210516_145525192_hdr.jpg
Skyliners500 model, good model. It appears once every blue moon.

American Eagle´s CRJ-700
Mamunti´s Collection-img_20210516_145445936.jpg
Nice old model of Herpa. Mine has a little bent on the left wing. Bus still happy with the model.

American´s 727-200
Mamunti´s Collection-img_20210516_150207573.jpg
The first American 727 model that I bought, an Herpa OG without box for 5€. There are better models like…
Mamunti´s Collection-img_20210516_150319109.jpg
This Inflight500 Model. Found it at a good price, but then to be on the pricey side on eBay.

American´s MD-83
Mamunti´s Collection-img_20210516_150427129.jpg
Bought this model with damage on the landing gear form the US sub $10 price; the landing gear part were missing. Love the details of this Herpa NG model. It was repaired wit struts that I have of plastic models that I made. Might not hold to detail scrutiny but it keeps level on the tarmac . This model come up on eBay from time to time but the price tends to be high.

American´s 737-800
Mamunti´s Collection-img_20210516_145619509_hdr.jpg
This OG from herpa is easy to find but being a OG it lack some of the details that we already use to with the NG. from my knowledge the only 737-800 without WL. Far surpassed by
Mamunti´s Collection-img_20210516_145719625.jpg
This NG 737-800 WL. Love this model. Hard to find and usually goes around a price of a Wide body or more.

American´s 757-200
Mamunti´s Collection-img_20210516_145825480_hdr.jpg
As with the 737 this OG from Herpa is easy to find but being a OG it lack some of the details that we already use to with the NG. from my knowledge the only 757-200 without WL. Again, far surpassed by
Mamunti´s Collection-img_20210516_145943549.jpg
This Herpa NG 757-200 WL. Love this model. Easier to find that the 737 but not by much.

American´s A300
Mamunti´s Collection-img_20210516_150108900.jpg
Nice Herpa Model. The only A300 in my collection at the moment.

Last edited by Mamunti; 06-06-2021 at 04:01 PM.
Old 06-06-2021, 09:01 AM   #14
Puddle Jumper

Now that I finished with the shelves of "Aircraft that I flew in", I am going to start with the rest by Airlines. Probably there is not going to be to much story to the plane itself expect a few word in one occasion or another. I will start with the IAG airlines
Old 06-06-2021, 09:21 AM   #15
The Dark Side

Many beautiful customs but the Twin Otter is particularly nice and it would be a must for 1:500 scale, because of the many regional airlines using the model.

Charter airlines lover

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: