Herpa Wings Chat Instagram Feb. 02,2021 - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Model Terminal > 1:500 Scale Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 02-03-2021, 09:47 AM   #1
RJ Captain

mmp-ace is an excellent contributormmp-ace is an excellent contributormmp-ace is an excellent contributormmp-ace is an excellent contributormmp-ace is an excellent contributormmp-ace is an excellent contributormmp-ace is an excellent contributormmp-ace is an excellent contributormmp-ace is an excellent contributormmp-ace is an excellent contributormmp-ace is an excellent contributor
Herpa Wings Chat Instagram Feb. 02,2021

I watched the Instagram live chat with Mr. Kuelgen yesterday.

Some things which I remember:

- The mould for the Beluga XL was revised, will be a litte bit different than the Christmas model, will be available in MARCH.

- At the moment absolutely NO CHANCE for Ryanair or Easyjet, especially Easyjet

- There are some good looking new liveries in Africa, not sure about them at the moment, in comparison for example North American airlines have a MUCH higher demand

- MD-11 is not dead yet, more to come. No chances to go on with the Star Jets mould.

- Prices had to increase because of much much higher shipping costs, Herpa tries to compensate this with additional printings, like static ports for example

- New packaging: They had lots of problems with the pictures, some airlines were not easy to satisfy: For example a person with the wrong vest (means other airline...), a ruder of another airline in the back and so on. On top it's easier to spot if a tyre is missing

You have never seen a rock show until you've seen KISS

Last edited by mmp-ace; 02-04-2021 at 08:47 AM. Reason: Changed "Inflight500 mould" to "Star Jets mould"
mmp-ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-03-2021, 09:55 AM   #2
Southampton Airport 1/500

astra-airlines is flying under the radarastra-airlines is flying under the radarastra-airlines is flying under the radar
Re: Herpa Wings Chat Instagram Feb. 02,2021

Adding to that, I remember that we were told that a Binter Canarias ATR model is likely to be released in 1/500 this year, and discussions with NT are ongoing - good news for me!
astra-airlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 01:22 PM   #3
Big Brother is watching

Anglojet is a legend of the hobbyAnglojet is a legend of the hobbyAnglojet is a legend of the hobbyAnglojet is a legend of the hobbyAnglojet is a legend of the hobbyAnglojet is a legend of the hobbyAnglojet is a legend of the hobbyAnglojet is a legend of the hobbyAnglojet is a legend of the hobbyAnglojet is a legend of the hobbyAnglojet is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmp-ace View Post
MD-11 is not dead yet, more to come.

Please no.

Anglojet is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-03-2021, 06:25 PM   #4
Selfie with bros

LeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobby

That MD-11 mold is a disgrace. How I wish they could obtain the old Starjets mould, which is a scaled-down version of the Gemini Jets mould! Vastly superior!
Old 02-04-2021, 04:40 AM   #5
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoMuse747 View Post
That MD-11 mold is a disgrace. How I wish they could obtain the old Starjets mould, which is a scaled-down version of the Gemini Jets mould! Vastly superior!
Do you remember the Swiss MD-11 by StarJets, Leo? One of the most wonderful models ever!

Charter airlines lover
I desperately want...all charter airlines still missing!

Primera, Monarch, airberlin, XL Airways France, Germania, Small Planet, WOW, Aigle Azur, Sterling, Thomas Cook, Adria, Air Italy/Meridiana, Level, FlyBe, SunExpress Germany, Niki-Laudamotion, JetTime, Montenegro Airlines, CSA...R.I.P.
The sky is not the same without you!
Charter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 08:45 AM   #6
RJ Captain

mmp-ace is an excellent contributormmp-ace is an excellent contributormmp-ace is an excellent contributormmp-ace is an excellent contributormmp-ace is an excellent contributormmp-ace is an excellent contributormmp-ace is an excellent contributormmp-ace is an excellent contributormmp-ace is an excellent contributormmp-ace is an excellent contributormmp-ace is an excellent contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charter View Post
Do you remember the Swiss MD-11 by StarJets, Leo? One of the most wonderful models ever!

Sadly all the Swiss MD-11 have a missprinting but it's still a very good model. Same goes for the Swissair and especially the American MD-11. Much much better mould than Herpas.

You have never seen a rock show until you've seen KISS
mmp-ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2021, 01:13 AM   #7
Master ATP Captain

hikouki is a diecast iconhikouki is a diecast iconhikouki is a diecast iconhikouki is a diecast iconhikouki is a diecast iconhikouki is a diecast iconhikouki is a diecast iconhikouki is a diecast iconhikouki is a diecast iconhikouki is a diecast iconhikouki is a diecast icon

Rooting for the Delta MD-11. Wish they would re-tool the mould, or come up with a new one. If they can do that for the nose-down concord, or those one-off exotic planes, then why can’t (won’t?) they for classics that have more livery possibilities like the M11 (and AB4, etc)?
Old 02-06-2021, 11:08 AM   #8
lightsaberoperator

pooohaty is a diecast iconpooohaty is a diecast iconpooohaty is a diecast iconpooohaty is a diecast iconpooohaty is a diecast iconpooohaty is a diecast iconpooohaty is a diecast iconpooohaty is a diecast iconpooohaty is a diecast iconpooohaty is a diecast iconpooohaty is a diecast icon
What about new GSE?
Old 02-08-2021, 05:14 AM   #9
Second Officer

getifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooohaty View Post
What about new GSE?

What I could extract is that GSE for a »very special cargo plane« (Beluga XL? loader?) is currently being developed and should be available at the end of the year.
getifero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2021, 04:25 PM   #10
Selfie with bros

LeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by getifero View Post
What I could extract is that GSE for a »very special cargo plane« (Beluga XL? loader?) is currently being developed and should be available at the end of the year.
meh.
Old 02-09-2021, 11:13 AM   #11
Second Officer

getifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoMuse747 View Post
meh.
I understand your reaction. On the other side it would be only logical to complement the Beluga XL (herpa’s sole mayor 1:500-scale innovation in recent years) with GSE.

Interesting were Mr. Külgen’s explanations of herpa’s reluctance towards 1:400-scale releases. He said that herpa’s aim in 1:400-scale is mainly to occupy niches (as an example with the Antonov AN-225). He called 1:400-scale the »Wild West« of model making and pointed out that in this market too much brands where rushing out too many, mostly unlicensed models which were produced in sometimes ridiculous quantities. He further argued that herpa could never compete in terms of speed, because herpa often would have to consult airlines or other right holders. But then as an example of a brand with (speed or further) advantages he named Gemini-Jets, a company not known for legal infringements.

Sometimes I get the impression that somewhat of this niche thinking is reflected in 1:500-scale, where herpa despite of - or maybe precisely because of - the absence of competition seems to be acting often so awkward and slow.

Disappointing because incredible were Mr. Külgen’s wordy justifications of the new boxes (not worth of being repeated at tis point).

Quality control was not a big issue and was merely touched in terms of detached tyres (here Mr. Külgen revealed that he has considerable experience in adhering detached tyres to landing gears without excess glue).

Somewhat cryptic were Mr. Külgen’s statements regarding Southwest Airlines [»Southwest is a very complex issue. We had a very long lasting license. Then they came up with new contracts that were blatant, let me put I like that. We could not agree. We are still trying to gain a new access. Contracts are very complex and very strict from what I’ve gathered from other companies«].

To existent and possible future competitors in 1:500-scale Mr. Külgen was well informed. He classified JC-Wings past and upcoming 1:500 releases as very risky (»We will never do this off-handedly« [act without license-agreement]) and was aware of NG Model’s rapidly increasing model range and high standing among collectors in 1:400-scale (»They blow out all sorts of models. They are supposed to be very well received«) and rumours about a NG Model 1:500-scale engagement (»If they ever will do something in 1:500-scale… [short break], that remains to be seen«).
getifero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2021, 03:50 PM   #12
Student pilot

Malefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dog

Honestly, I would be very happy to have a Beluga XL loader as the real machine is coming to Nantes (and we have our own loader !). But I understand this will not interest all of us.
Old 02-11-2021, 04:19 AM   #13
RJ Second Officer

MarcSant is flying under the radar

Will we ever see the gorgeous Antonov AN-12 in 1:500 scale?
MarcSant is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: