Who wore it better? #2 Alitalia - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Model Terminal > 1:500 Scale Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 01-09-2021, 01:57 AM   #1
Earning My Wings

JASMD90 is appreciatedJASMD90 is appreciatedJASMD90 is appreciatedJASMD90 is appreciatedJASMD90 is appreciatedJASMD90 is appreciatedJASMD90 is appreciated
Who wore it better? #2 Alitalia

Happy New Year friends! Following up on the #1 Kuwait 777, this time we look to Europe and the current Alitalia A330 livery vs. the previous one. I have to admit, this new livery has really grown on me. Although I do think many of the "new" livery design elements are too subtle be instantly recognised. What do you think?
Attached Thumbnails
Who wore it better? #2 Alitalia-img_7242.jpg   Who wore it better? #2 Alitalia-img_7244.jpg   Who wore it better? #2 Alitalia-img_7246.jpg   Who wore it better? #2 Alitalia-img_7248.jpg   Who wore it better? #2 Alitalia-img_7249.jpg  

Who wore it better? #2 Alitalia-img_7250.jpg   Who wore it better? #2 Alitalia-img_7252.jpg   Who wore it better? #2 Alitalia-img_7256.jpg  
JASMD90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-09-2021, 04:53 AM   #2
Master ATP Captain

lollomz is a top doglollomz is a top doglollomz is a top doglollomz is a top doglollomz is a top doglollomz is a top doglollomz is a top doglollomz is a top doglollomz is a top doglollomz is a top doglollomz is a top dog
Re: Who wore it better? #2 Alitalia

The old one is better, even if I like also the new livery.

lollomz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 05:42 AM   #3
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby
Great comparison.
The "myth" of Alitalia (i am considering Alitalia of the Gold Age and not the shame of the last years) Is the A on the tail with the Italian flag colors. This logo still exist even on the current livery and, surely, on a possible new livery of "new" Alitalia-Ita. About the fuselage the old one was iconic but the new one Is modern and well done. Personally i would have preferred a livery like the one dressing the A320 "Muoviamo chi muove l'Italia".

Charter airlines lover
I desperately want...all charter airlines still missing!

Primera, Monarch, airberlin, XL Airways France, Germania, Small Planet, WOW, Aigle Azur, Sterling, Thomas Cook, Adria, Air Italy/Meridiana, Level, FlyBe, SunExpress Germany, Niki-Laudamotion, JetTime, Montenegro Airlines...R.I.P.
The sky is not the same without you!
Charter is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-09-2021, 07:56 AM   #4
Admin

DutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobby

Both liveries look good IMHO, can't really hate it.. I thought the cheatline on the old livery was neat. I'm surprised that Alitalia keeps its current livery, considering it's basically Etihad's design and thye've withdrawn their investment..

My Amsterdam Schiphol in 1:500: http://www.wings900.com/vb/model-air...l-airport.html
DutchCollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 11:03 AM   #5
Selfie with bros

LeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobby

Hard to choose. Love the new livery, specially in golden light conditions. Previous livery is a good update to the classic AZ livery of the 1970s...

I'll choose the new but the old one is great too.

BTW: I'm glad they kept the big ALITALIA over the wings. So nice!
Old 01-10-2021, 06:47 AM   #6
ATP Captain

uncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobby

First of all, excellent setting and photography, and a great topic as well. You have captured the elements necessary for this debate perfectly!! For me, I would say the two color schemes are tied and there is no clear winner or loser. I love the classic cheat line on the older version, but the new livery is definitely refreshed and more graphic. Like Leo mentioned, the pearlescent paint on the updated version has a beautiful aura but over time, this will probably be seen as a passing fad or a gimmick and will fall out of style. Thanks for this outstanding and thought-provoking thread!
Pete
uncle beat is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: