NG Model in 1:500 scale? - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Model Terminal > 1:500 Scale Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 01-03-2021, 05:39 AM   #1
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby
NG Model in 1:500 scale?

Good morning and a wish for a better 2021 to everyone.
Since few months i am in contact with NG Models via Instagram: apart from all the compliments for their perfect 1:400 models, i asked if there were possibilities to enter in the 1:500 market. I told them about important missing airlines and models (easyJet, Wizz Air, Blue Air, Ryanair, Air Arabia, Jet2.com, Jet2holidays, Spirit, Allegiant ecc. ecc.) and, most important thing, about the fact that Herpa is the only manufacturer. They asked about "space" and the space in 1:500 world is many: with just one manufacturer there is a lot of space for new proposals, especially if the proposed moulds are perfect like those of NG Models. I wasn't able to explain market space because this is a specific thing of the management: request and offer. For sure we need a new manufacturer, a competitor, and if NG models will be able to exactly downscale their 1:400 B757, B737 and A320 families, the result will be amazing! This is something i told them without doubts.
They were interested in some airlines missing in 1:500 world and with a great request (it is out of doubts that an easyJet A320 would sell at light speed!).
NG Models told me they had to check the market, the request, the possibility to compete with Herpa and the prices they could offer for their models, but their last words were "we could be interested and we will consider the thing".
Now i have the confirm that more collectors had the same infos by NG Models hoping that, really, from the middle of 2021 the great NG Models will start to produce 1:500 models, B757 and B737; looking at their models in 1:400 scale (i have bought and buy all NG Models) i am sure they will be even better than StarJets!

Charter airlines lover
I desperately want...all charter airlines still missing!

Primera, Monarch, airberlin, XL Airways France, Germania, Small Planet, WOW, Aigle Azur, Sterling, Thomas Cook, Adria, Air Italy/Meridiana, Level, FlyBe, SunExpress Germany, Niki-Laudamotion, JetTime, Montenegro Airlines...R.I.P.
The sky is not the same without you!

Last edited by Charter; 01-03-2021 at 06:11 AM.
Charter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-03-2021, 08:51 AM   #2
Wings of Wool

sheepxs is a good contributorsheepxs is a good contributorsheepxs is a good contributorsheepxs is a good contributorsheepxs is a good contributorsheepxs is a good contributorsheepxs is a good contributorsheepxs is a good contributorsheepxs is a good contributorsheepxs is a good contributorsheepxs is a good contributor
Re: NG Models in 1:500 scale?

do you have a link to ng models?
Old 01-03-2021, 08:59 AM   #3
Admin

DutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobby

Whoever releases an easyJet A320, Wizz A320/A321, Ryanair 738 is in for a cashcow!

My Amsterdam Schiphol in 1:500: http://www.wings900.com/vb/model-air...l-airport.html
DutchCollector is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-03-2021, 10:10 AM   #4
Captain

Eurojet is a top dogEurojet is a top dogEurojet is a top dogEurojet is a top dogEurojet is a top dogEurojet is a top dogEurojet is a top dogEurojet is a top dogEurojet is a top dogEurojet is a top dogEurojet is a top dog

Frankly, I am not sure that there would enough demand for a new 757-mould in 1:500. I think NG Models would be better off to concentrate on 737 models, and if they can generate a profitable 1:500 division, continue with other moulds like the 757 in a longterm future.
Eurojet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 10:13 AM   #5
Selfie with bros

LeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchCollector View Post
Whoever releases an easyJet A320, Wizz A320/A321, Ryanair 738 is in for a cashcow!
Ditto! If they want an initial profit quickly, that's exactely where they should head for.
Some USA narrowbodies would also help entering the 1:500 market in the US, which is pretty slim as far as I know.
Old 01-03-2021, 10:14 AM   #6
Earning My Wings

The Airplane Channel is getting startedThe Airplane Channel is getting startedThe Airplane Channel is getting startedThe Airplane Channel is getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoMuse747 View Post
Ditto! If they want an initial profit quickly, that's exactely where they should head for.
Some USA narrowbodies would also help entering the 1:500 market in the US, which is pretty slim as far as I know.
I agree, If they come out with a Southwest 737-800 that would sell very well, as well as an American 737.
The Airplane Channel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 11:56 AM   #7
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepxs View Post
do you have a link to ng models?
https://www.instagram.com/ngmodelsglobal/?hl=it
https://www.ngmodel.net/#/

Charter airlines lover

Primera, Monarch, airberlin, XL Airways France, Germania, Small Planet, WOW, Aigle Azur, Sterling, Thomas Cook, Adria, Air Italy/Meridiana, Level, FlyBe, SunExpress Germany, Niki-Laudamotion, JetTime, Montenegro Airlines...R.I.P.
Old 01-03-2021, 12:04 PM   #8
The Dark Side

I suggested them:
- easyJet (A319/429/321 and A320neo family)
- Ryanair B737-800WL
- Spirit
- Southwest
(two American LCC for the USA market)
Being NG Model from China it Is normal they will produce airlines, airliners and liveries from China.

Charter airlines lover

Old 01-03-2021, 12:50 PM   #9
Captain

Speedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charter View Post
I suggested them:
- easyJet (A319/429/321 and A320neo family)
- Ryanair B737-800WL
- Spirit
- Southwest
(two American LCC for the USA market)
Being NG Model from China it Is normal they will produce airlines, airliners and liveries from China.
I am out

Would we talk about 737-200/300/400 and 500 and 757, I would be in.
But not a fan of these days lowcost.
The only one I would love to have would be a Ryanair BAC 1-11, but that was way before they became that unsympatheic airline of today.
Speedbird 001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 01:21 PM   #10
The Dark Side

These the moulds produced in 1:400 so far:
CRJ100 and 200
C919
ARJ21
B757-200
A320 and A320neo
A321 and A321neo
B737-800
B787-9 and B787-10
A330-200
A330-300
A350-900
B747SP
L-1011
Gulfstream
Falcon
I don't think they will produce new moulds for a starting scale, at least not before having a great and flourishing market.
Even because It Is not clear if they will downscale the moulds already have or will produce moulds for 1:500 scale from zero.

Charter airlines lover

Last edited by Charter; 01-03-2021 at 01:25 PM.
Old 01-04-2021, 05:27 PM   #11
The Dark Side

I think that, among various Herpa competitors (that does not exist) NG Models would be the best!
I can't Imagine a 1:500 world with Herpa, StarJets, NG Models, Inflight500, Sky500...just crazy!

Charter airlines lover

Old 01-05-2021, 03:51 AM   #12
Captain

Eurojet is a top dogEurojet is a top dogEurojet is a top dogEurojet is a top dogEurojet is a top dogEurojet is a top dogEurojet is a top dogEurojet is a top dogEurojet is a top dogEurojet is a top dogEurojet is a top dog

On request about their 1:500-projects, I got this answer : ‘Hope we can release the first one in late this year’

Does anybody know how NG models handle the legal part? On one hand I don’t believe they pay licenses, yet on the other hand, I can’t see how they could escape like Easyjet’s lawyers while printing their brand with Internet adress on the box...
Maybe licenses issues are not as though as they used to be in the business and with covid-19, airlines have other issues to solve...

Last edited by Eurojet; 01-05-2021 at 08:00 AM. Reason: Typo
Old 01-05-2021, 06:46 AM   #13
Admin

DutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eurojet View Post
On request about their 1:500-projects, I got this answer : ‘Hope we can release the first one in late this year’

Does anybody know how NG models handle the legal part? On one hand I don’t believe they pay licenses, yet on the other hand, I can’t see how they could escape like Easyjet’s lawyers while printing their brand with Internet adress on the box...
Maybe licenses issues are not as though as they uses to be in the business and with covid-19, airlines have other issues to solve...
I think it would be pretty hard for U2 to sue in China for example, if that's where NG's corporate HQ is. Not sure though!

My Amsterdam Schiphol in 1:500: http://www.wings900.com/vb/model-air...l-airport.html
DutchCollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2021, 08:04 AM   #14
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchCollector View Post
I think it would be pretty hard for U2 to sue in China for example, if that's where NG's corporate HQ is. Not sure though!
Yes of course. But they can stop retailers to sell them in Europe (of course in times of Internet shops this won’t be 100% effective but prices would certainly rise).

Last edited by Eurojet; 01-05-2021 at 08:28 AM.
Old 01-05-2021, 08:38 AM   #15
Second Officer

getifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eurojet View Post
...Does anybody know how NG models handle the legal part? On one hand I don’t believe they pay licenses, yet on the other hand, I can’t see how they could escape like Easyjet’s lawyers while printing their brand with Internet adress on the box... ...
Well there are internet addresses, cover addresses and registered company addresses. The third one can not necessarily be derived from the first two.

The only known licence agreement with an Airline has been the one regarding the L-1011-500 TAP Air Portugal (and if you take a look at the database [https://www.ngmodel.net/#/database] it’s the only model with a »produced under license from« remark). The model was sold with a 20% surcharge.

NG Model sold at least five Qantas models (787-9 Qantas »Yam-Dreaming«, 787-9 Qantas »100 Years«, 787-9 VH-ZNG, Qantas 737-800 »Mendoowoorrji«, Qantas 737-800 VXP) and one Cathay Pacific model (A330-300 B-HLD) under the labelling »Extra Model«. If this labelling was due to licence issues with Qantas and Cathay or had other reasons is unknown to me. All these »extra« models are not listed in NG Model’s official database but were attributed to NG Model by the majority of retailers/online shops.
getifero is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: