NG Model in 1:500 scale? - Page 2 - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Model Terminal > 1:500 Scale Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 01-05-2021, 09:20 AM   #16
Good riddance to the EU

Anglojet is a legend of the hobbyAnglojet is a legend of the hobbyAnglojet is a legend of the hobbyAnglojet is a legend of the hobbyAnglojet is a legend of the hobbyAnglojet is a legend of the hobbyAnglojet is a legend of the hobbyAnglojet is a legend of the hobbyAnglojet is a legend of the hobbyAnglojet is a legend of the hobbyAnglojet is a legend of the hobby
Re: NG Models in 1:500 scale?

If it's going to be a couple of models every year like Sky500 used to do don't bother!

Anglojet is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-05-2021, 12:49 PM   #17
Master ATP Captain

lollomz is a top doglollomz is a top doglollomz is a top doglollomz is a top doglollomz is a top doglollomz is a top doglollomz is a top doglollomz is a top doglollomz is a top doglollomz is a top doglollomz is a top dog
Re: NG Model in 1:500 scale?

Fingers crossed for a new competitor in the 1:500 scale, I hope to read good news in the future....

Lollo

lollomz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 02:27 PM   #18
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby
In my opinion, if true that they will start with B737NG and B757, even if they will produce TUI Airways, Ryanair, Enter Air B737Ws and Delta, Jet2.com, Jet2holidays, Aer Lingus, easyJet and/or airlines of the past B757s, they already are winners!
People want models, especially if they are GOOD models, and NG Model quality is almost perfect.

Charter airlines lover
I desperately want...all charter airlines still missing!

Primera, Monarch, airberlin, XL Airways France, Germania, Small Planet, WOW, Aigle Azur, Sterling, Thomas Cook, Adria, Air Italy/Meridiana, Level, FlyBe, SunExpress Germany, Niki-Laudamotion, JetTime, Montenegro Airlines...R.I.P.
The sky is not the same without you!
Charter is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-07-2021, 08:24 PM   #19
Puddle Jumper

pedrozembruski is flying under the radar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charter View Post
Good morning and a wish for a better 2021 to everyone.
Since few months i am in contact with NG Models via Instagram: apart from all the compliments for their perfect 1:400 models, i asked if there were possibilities to enter in the 1:500 market. I told them about important missing airlines and models (easyJet, Wizz Air, Blue Air, Ryanair, Air Arabia, Jet2.com, Jet2holidays, Spirit, Allegiant ecc. ecc.) and, most important thing, about the fact that Herpa is the only manufacturer. They asked about "space" and the space in 1:500 world is many: with just one manufacturer there is a lot of space for new proposals, especially if the proposed moulds are perfect like those of NG Models. I wasn't able to explain market space because this is a specific thing of the management: request and offer. For sure we need a new manufacturer, a competitor, and if NG models will be able to exactly downscale their 1:400 B757, B737 and A320 families, the result will be amazing! This is something i told them without doubts.
They were interested in some airlines missing in 1:500 world and with a great request (it is out of doubts that an easyJet A320 would sell at light speed!).
NG Models told me they had to check the market, the request, the possibility to compete with Herpa and the prices they could offer for their models, but their last words were "we could be interested and we will consider the thing".
Now i have the confirm that more collectors had the same infos by NG Models hoping that, really, from the middle of 2021 the great NG Models will start to produce 1:500 models, B757 and B737; looking at their models in 1:400 scale (i have bought and buy all NG Models) i am sure they will be even better than StarJets!

Charter, the right question to answer in this matter is how much collectors would pay on NG 1:500 models.

Honestly, I was a 1:500 collector in the beginning (back in 2005) and have moved to 1:200 in 2009. Selling 1:500 is a nightmare. I started selling 1:500 in 2012. Stopped selling it in 2014, when I started selling 1:400 - which is a cashcow scale. Don't get me wrong but people who focus in 1:500 normally want to pay 20-30 euro per model and that is a irreal price if NG would invest in this scale. You can expect to pay 40-50 euro for NG's models. Would you pay almost double for a new brand?
Old 01-08-2021, 08:55 AM   #20
Second Officer

getifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobby
Re: NG Models in 1:500 scale?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charter View Post
...NG Models told me they had to check the market, the request, the possibility to compete with Herpa and the prices they could offer for their models, but their last words were "we could be interested and we will consider the thing"...
Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchCollector View Post
Whoever releases an easyJet A320, Wizz A320/A321, Ryanair 738 is in for a cashcow!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eurojet View Post
...I think NG Models would be better off to concentrate on 737 models, and if they can generate a profitable 1:500 division...
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoMuse747 View Post
...Ditto! If they want an initial profit quickly, that's exactely where they should head for...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eurojet View Post
On request about their 1:500-projects, I got this answer : ‘Hope we can release the first one in late this year’ ...
NG Model tends to give answers which in the first instance satisfy everyone or at least avoid disappointment. In 1:400-scale they have already gratefully accepted so many requests that it would take years to work it all off.

Charter claims that NG Model told him that they are checking demand, competition and price structuring in 1:500-scale. That firstly may sound reasonable but inspires a smile to those familiar with NG Models market conduct in 1:400 scale.

Here NG Models acts as if money was marginal and their only growth limiting factor the expansion of manufacturing capacities. With rather sporting ambition than market-analytical approach their principle aim is to set new standards in terms of true scaling, colour accuracy and richness of detail. Even their latest prioritization of wide-body aircraft seems to be less market-strategically motivated than geared to the high standing of certain types (A330, B787-9, A350) among collectors.

The downside of this ambitious, for expansion designed art for art’s sake-approach has been cutbacks in quality control, marketing and market orientation. It is fair to say that NG Model is eager to improve and in terms of model refinements the most reactive manufacturer.

But having said that I do believe that despite its perfectionism and striving for expansion NG Model is able to set priorities. So appealing it may be to set new standards even in 1:500-scale, they have is still a lot of homework to do and gaps to close in 1:400-scale.

If a first NG Model initiated 1:500-project eventually becomes reality it might rather be the downscaled version of a new developed wide-body aircraft 1:400-mould (such as a NG A350-1000, NG B747-400) as it would be easier to transfer their high level of detail and high prices on a flagship product.
getifero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 09:22 AM   #21
Earning My Wings

The Airplane Channel is getting startedThe Airplane Channel is getting startedThe Airplane Channel is getting startedThe Airplane Channel is getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrozembruski View Post
Charter, the right question to answer in this matter is how much collectors would pay on NG 1:500 models.

Honestly, I was a 1:500 collector in the beginning (back in 2005) and have moved to 1:200 in 2009. Selling 1:500 is a nightmare. I started selling 1:500 in 2012. Stopped selling it in 2014, when I started selling 1:400 - which is a cashcow scale. Don't get me wrong but people who focus in 1:500 normally want to pay 20-30 euro per model and that is a irreal price if NG would invest in this scale. You can expect to pay 40-50 euro for NG's models. Would you pay almost double for a new brand?
I think NG Models would price their narrowbodies at 35-40 dollars and also Herpa is selling there narrowbodies at 28 euros (34 dollars) and there widebodies between 35-40 Euros (42-49 Dollars) which is a lot and if NG has better moulds and adds more detail and has a better box I would pay more for the NG model then even if its more expensive
The Airplane Channel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 02:53 PM   #22
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby
Price Is a good question.
When Antonio Spoto of Spotoaviation produced the first resin 1:500 Meridiana A320, the model was almost perfect but It would have been cost around 55-60 euro. Too much for a 1:500 scale model, in fact the project was abandoned.
If the question is "would you pay 60 euro for an easyJet A320neo?" my answer Is "Yes, of course"; if the question is "would you pay 60 euro each NG Model release?" my answer Is "i don't know, maybe not".
But, if NG Model models in 1:400 scale cost about 47 euro the B737-800 (Sunwing), 48 euro the B757-200 (LaCompagnie), 50 euro the A330-200 (Royal Air Force), i Imagine that 1:500 B737-800 and B757-200 could cost around 37-40 euro.

But i would return to my starting thought: i think that easyJet Is the most important missing airline in 1:500 scale and NG Model has produced an A321neo and a 757...why don't start with them?!

Charter airlines lover

Primera, Monarch, airberlin, XL Airways France, Germania, Small Planet, WOW, Aigle Azur, Sterling, Thomas Cook, Adria, Air Italy/Meridiana, Level, FlyBe, SunExpress Germany, Niki-Laudamotion, JetTime, Montenegro Airlines...R.I.P.

Last edited by Charter; 01-08-2021 at 03:14 PM.
Old 01-12-2021, 12:15 PM   #23
The Dark Side

Being crazy and visionary i want to share the list of B737-800, B757-200 and A321 models released by NG Model in 1:400. This for the newbies or the member dreaming something could change or improve in 1:500 scale.
If NG Model enters 1:500 market it is probable they will produce airlines and liveries they have already produced in 1:400 scale and this is what you (we) could expect:

A321/A321neo
American Airlines
Aer Lingus (neo)
SAS
Chongoing Airlines (neo)
Sichuan Airlines (neo)
JetBlue
Wizz Air (neo)
Wizz Air
Spirit
Jet2holidays
Bamboo Airways (neo)
easyJet (neo)
Vistara (neo)
Delta
Air Canada Rouge

B737-800
Qantas
Enter Air
China Southern
United Airlines
Delta (Skyteam)
New Gen Airways
Southwest Airlines (new livery)
United Airlines (Star Alliance)
Hainan Airlines
Swoop
DHL (cargo)
Sunwing
Aeromexico
Britannia
Air China
KLM
Ryanair
West Atlantic (cargo)
Thomsonfly.com
Shendong Airlines
Dalian Airlines
Aeroflot
Air Berlin
Hapagfly
Xiamenair
United Airlines (new livery)
Westjet
American Airlines (new livery)
American Airlines (old livery)
ANA
Fuerza Aerea Mexicana
Southwest Airlines (old livery)
United Airlines (Continental)
Virgin Australia
PLA Air Force
TUI Airways
XTRAirways
Joy Air
Air Transat
Jet2holidays
PrimeAir (cargo)
Sun Country (old livery)
Sun Country (new livery)
Jet2.com
Hebei Airlines
Malaysia Airlines (old livery)
Malaysia Airlines (new livery)
KLM "100 years"
Alaska Airlines
Shenxi Airlines
Continental Airlines

(with my lucky, if NG Model will start to produce B737-800 models in 1:500 scale, i am sure they will release Air Berlin, Hapagfly and Qantas...)

B757-200
China Xinjang
Air China
China Southern
Air China (cargo)
China Postal Service (cargo)
China Cargo (cargo)
Condor
Northwest Orient
ELAL
Northwest Airlines (new livery)
Aeromexico
FedEx (cargo)
TWA
USAir
Air Holland
Shanghai Airlines
Delta (widget)
United Airlines (Star Alliance)
JMC
Four Seasons
Delta (Skyteam)
Jet2.com
United Airlines (new livery)
First Choice
Xiamenair
Thomson Airways
Westjet
American Airlines (new livery)
United Airlines (Continental)
US Airways
Ambassador
Caledonian
LTU
National
Air Finland
TCS World Travel
TAG Aviation
ASL Airlines Belgium (cargo)
New Zealand Air Force
Northern Airlines
Argentinian Air Force
Icelandair
Republic
Eastern
British Airways
Britannia
United Airlines (old livery)
American Airlines
Icelandair Cargo (cargo)
bmi
Thomas Cook
Air Europa (Spain)
Air Europe (UK)
Air Europe (Germany)
Air Europe (Italy)
Northwest Airlines (old livery)
Delta Airlines
Continental Airlines
Aer Lingus
TUI Airways
DHL (old livery - cargo)
Taban Airlines
Tajik Air
Royal Nepal Airlines
Monarch
Air 2000
United Airlines (Tulip)
UPS (cargo)
DHL (new livery - cargo)
Air Greenland
Avianca
America West
United Airlines (Battleship)
United Airlines (Saul Bass)
Caledonian
easyJet
Trump
China Southwest
CNAC
CAAC
British Airways (Landor)
Honeywell
British
Mexicana
Raya Airways (cargo)
Pacific Air Express (cargo)
Boeing
Icelandair (new livery)
Blue Dart (cargo)
Olympus (cargo)
LaCompagnie
TUI Airways (new livery)
Thomson Airways (Snow livery)

Charter airlines lover

Last edited by Charter; 01-12-2021 at 12:17 PM.
Old 01-12-2021, 04:23 PM   #24
Earning My Wings

The Airplane Channel is getting startedThe Airplane Channel is getting startedThe Airplane Channel is getting startedThe Airplane Channel is getting started

I think they will make several versions of the Chrome American Airlines Chrome 757; standard, luxury liner, flagship freedom, etc. and if they do I would buy all of them
The Airplane Channel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 07:09 PM   #25
Earning My Wings

Makemake is flying under the radar
It would be great news to see NG Models steep in the 1:500 world.

I think there is enough market for 15 models every year approximately. Especially for well known airlines from which Herpa cannot get a licence agreement. Provided that the mould is good and the model well detailed, it would justify a price closer to 1:400 models.

No doubt the following models would sell very well:
-737 Southwest, Ryanair, Jet2, Copa, LOT, FedEx, SunCountry, Enter...
-A320 EasyJet, Wizzair, Lauda, Spirit, Volaris, Indigo...
-A350 JAL, Virgin Atlantic, China Airlines...
-B787 ANA, EVA, Korean...

By covering this gap, NGModels can revitalise the 1:500 world. Those few -but well thought releases- can thrill current collectors and attract others. All in all, 1:500 scale is perfect to create an airport diorama on a standard table (IMHO 1:600 is too small and 1:400 too big). Moreover, now is the moment to enter the 1:500 market since two competitors left -sky500 and Aero- and there is huge competition in the saturated 1:400 world. So good if NGModels is willing to explore new worlds (and hopefully succeed).
Makemake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 09:15 PM   #26
Puddle Jumper

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Airplane Channel View Post
I think NG Models would price their narrowbodies at 35-40 dollars and also Herpa is selling there narrowbodies at 28 euros (34 dollars) and there widebodies between 35-40 Euros (42-49 Dollars) which is a lot and if NG has better moulds and adds more detail and has a better box I would pay more for the NG model then even if its more expensive

I highly doubt they will be at the same price as Herpa.
I expect them to be at least 20% higher.
Old 01-14-2021, 09:18 PM   #27
Puddle Jumper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makemake View Post
It would be great news to see NG Models steep in the 1:500 world.

I think there is enough market for 15 models every year approximately. Especially for well known airlines from which Herpa cannot get a licence agreement. Provided that the mould is good and the model well detailed, it would justify a price closer to 1:400 models.

No doubt the following models would sell very well:
-737 Southwest, Ryanair, Jet2, Copa, LOT, FedEx, SunCountry, Enter...
-A320 EasyJet, Wizzair, Lauda, Spirit, Volaris, Indigo...
-A350 JAL, Virgin Atlantic, China Airlines...
-B787 ANA, EVA, Korean...

By covering this gap, NGModels can revitalise the 1:500 world. Those few -but well thought releases- can thrill current collectors and attract others. All in all, 1:500 scale is perfect to create an airport diorama on a standard table (IMHO 1:600 is too small and 1:400 too big). Moreover, now is the moment to enter the 1:500 market since two competitors left -sky500 and Aero- and there is huge competition in the saturated 1:400 world. So good if NGModels is willing to explore new worlds (and hopefully succeed).

Saturated? I don't think so. It is the scale that pays the bills of retailers and manufacturers. Rarely models don't sell out. If they produce 30-40% more, it would still have demand.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: